Favorite Aspect of the Game?

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

What's your favorite aspect of the gameplay so far? I think it's such a well made game in general; completely in anticipation for Episode 2!

Comments

• The combat is improved and the cel shaded graphics look amazing

• I would say the much improved combat, and the book of Fables, I know nothing about this world, but it really helps learn more about, a lot of things.

• Ah yes, the book is fables. I liked that addition. I too don't now much about Fables lore, so it was really cool to get an insight and learn more.

I would say the much improved combat, and the book of Fables, I know nothing about this world, but it really helps learn more about, a lot of things.

• I love that, as a comic reader, I really feel that they did justice to the source material. As for the gameplay, I just think that everything is stepped up and an improvement over The Walking Dead which is saying a lot since that game was also stellar. I also think the book of Fables, to get newbies up to speed was a great addition. Im really excited to see what they add new to the Walking Dead series now.

• Characters, I really love them:)
    They seem so real, even if I'm looking at toad at the screen:)

And the story. It's awesome, even if at the end of 1st episode I was so mad at TTG.

• Art direction is extremely strong. The visual, music, and overall mood of the game depict a mesterpiece of interactive media, portraying perfectly the noir-style of the screenplay.

The gameplay rhytm has also been improved, being now more balanced than it was in TWD, and less boring. Guess the price to pay is the absence of classic adventure-game gameplay itself.

• edited October 2013

as has been said the art is great, the music is great and the story is great so far.
    one thing not mentioned is the interface, i don't know about the console but for the PC i feel that is has been improved compared to The Walking Dead, i like that i use the mouse cursor to choose the conversation choices and i like the pop-up icons that you can choose over usable items (i feel like that would improve traditional point and click adventure games as well) and even though i am not really a fan of QTEs the multiple choice ones are very fun to use and even the WASD ones are good because even though i havent failed many of them, the ones i did just kept the action going, it wasn't a "you failed to press a button, start again" type QTE

• You mean besides the graphics and combat?

It'd have to be the fact that this, unlike TWD, feels like an actual adventure game. Even though there were many moments of "choice" based gameplay, the moments when I controlled Bigby searching for clues/interacting with objects heavily reminded me of all those episodes of Sam and Max, not TWD.

Really liked it.

• I have a crush on Toad.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.