Thoughts on my The Wolf Among Us Let's Play

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

So I started doing a Let's Play for the game and I would love some feedback on ways to improve it for the future episode that will be released soon just editing them. Any feedback would be amazing. Note I am playing on the Xbox and working on getting a better capture card soon. Thank you though if you give feedback and support all will be looked at to improve it for the future episodes.

Comments

• Would be great if you didn't talk. At all. Not that there is anything wrong with your commentary specifically, it's just lately it's so rare to see a silent playthrough with no unnecessary bullshit, it's crazy.

• That is a thought would it bother you if I were to put a speculation video before the episode and after the episode or would that be to much to deal but thank you for the feedback.

Profanity posted: »

Would be great if you didn't talk. At all. Not that there is anything wrong with your commentary specifically, it's just lately it's so rare to see a silent playthrough with no unnecessary bullshit, it's crazy.

• I thought the point of Let's plays were the commentary. If I wanted none Id just play the game myself. I personally like to listen to other people's reactions to the game, that's why I watch playthroughs eventhough Ive played the game myself.

Would be great if you didn't talk. At all. Not that there is anything wrong with your commentary specifically, it's just lately it's so rare to see a silent playthrough with no unnecessary bullshit, it's crazy.

• That is what a Let's Play is listening to the person talk but there are always play-though videos with no commentary.

KCohere posted: »

I thought the point of Let's plays were the commentary. If I wanted none Id just play the game myself. I personally like to listen to other people's reactions to the game, that's why I watch playthroughs eventhough Ive played the game myself.

• I guess those are for people who just want to see how the game is played. I will watch your playthrough and give you a like.

Suda21 posted: »

That is what a Let's Play is listening to the person talk but there are always play-though videos with no commentary.

• Thank you very much but also any feedback even stuff you want me to talk about in the future would be amazing.

I guess those are for people who just want to see how the game is played. I will watch your playthrough and give you a like.

• And there are already countless playthroughs of the game on YouTube without commentary, the commentary is what makes each Let's Play unique.

I thought the point of Let's plays were the commentary. If I wanted none Id just play the game myself. I personally like to listen to other people's reactions to the game, that's why I watch playthroughs eventhough Ive played the game myself.

• "Unique" is in no way an indication of anything positive.

roco300 posted: »

And there are already countless playthroughs of the game on YouTube without commentary, the commentary is what makes each Let's Play unique.

• edited October 2013

When I do Let's Plays I think of it more like reading a book someone has close read and see what there thoughts are like and being a Blind Let's Play on a game that caters toward your decisions makes it different and is neither negative or positive. because it is up to the viewer to decide if the game or the commentator is making it an enjoyable video and that is what I strive to do is to keep people watching and pass some time.

roco300 posted: »

And there are already countless playthroughs of the game on YouTube without commentary, the commentary is what makes each Let's Play unique.

• It could use a little work I had no problem with what you were saying when I could hear you but I think if you pronounced your words better I think it would be a little better. Other then that I found nothing wrong with it besides maybe the quality but like you said it is your capture card but I will definitely at least watch the next part to see if you have any improvements.

• What is the point of a gameplay without commentary? I mean... buy the game if you want to play it.

• In almost every case the commentary isn't worth the time. A very rare individual can make it worth it, and those guys usually barely have any views compared to the millions some get for screaming nonsense. Not even funny nonsense. The way I see the point of gameplay videos is to let people experience games you can't play (not sufficient PC hardware, no console) or games that a person just can't get into no matter how hard he tries in terms of the mechanics, but he still wants to see the game through.

CTCCoco posted: »

What is the point of a gameplay without commentary? I mean... buy the game if you want to play it.

• I agree with you to an extent about some people being good and make it worth while but I don't see why your complaining about this it is a ''Let's Play'' if your fussing that much about it seeing how the point is to talk. Normally if I want to watch gameplay I will look up and type ''Play Though'' cause 99% of the time they have zero commentary but it also depends on the person like the more famous Lets Players I can't stand because they normally find the most annoying things to talk about but some people can speak and talk about the game and still be entertaining and throw in there two cents and still be funny of come up with things that are totally wrong.

In almost every case the commentary isn't worth the time. A very rare individual can make it worth it, and those guys usually barely have any

Sign in to comment in this discussion.