Pre-Order?

edited October 2013 in The Wolf Among Us

Does anyone know if we will be able to preorder the game or if we will need to wait untill it comes out. With the release in "Early October" I really just want to be able to be ready for this game ASAP

Comments

• JesseWJesseW Former Telltale Staff

Pre-order is now available at http://www.telltalegames.com/thewolfamongus/ and on Steam!

• Quick Question: Do i get a Steamkey if i buy it on your site?

JesseW posted: »

Pre-order is now available at http://www.telltalegames.com/thewolfamongus/ and on Steam!

• In the past, we got a Steam Key for a mildly delayed release of Walking Dead Episode 1 since it came out on Steam before Telltale. I also believe some Telltale users got a Steam key for Poker Night 1 because of the Steam unlocks. However, this isn't common.

Hackt0r posted: »

Quick Question: Do i get a Steamkey if i buy it on your site?

• Holy crap, pre-order is up and Collector DVDs return? Take my wallet and make sweet sweet love to it!

JesseW posted: »

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2013

FAQ herewith much reformed. ;)

For everyone: If you buy the PC/Mac game on Steam, you get the game on Steam.

If you buy the game from the Telltale Store, you will only ever download it from Telltale servers. But you will ALSO receive a free bonus DVD with the game and some extras a few months after the last episode, you just pay for postage & packaging.

Holy crap, pre-order is up and Collector DVDs return? Take my wallet and make sweet sweet love to it!

• wutt? No steam key??

Should have read this before i pre -ordered .... not really happy with this solution :(

Vainamoinen posted: »

FAQ herewith much reformed. For everyone: If you buy the PC/Mac game on Steam, you get the game on Steam. If you buy the game from the

edited October 2013

Maybe happiness will still set in - in mid 2014, when you will hold the Season DVD in your hands. ;)

Nekator posted: »

wutt? No steam key?? Should have read this before i pre -ordered .... not really happy with this solution

• Awww okay that kind of sucks. I will likely just get this on Steam and then get it physically on PS3 if or when that happens.

• edited October 2013

depends.. if the shipping costs (to Austria) are as much as the game itself, it won´t bring me much happiness either ;)

Maybe you guys can include a chooseable option (steam key or Season DVD)?? Or at least something digital..

Maybe happiness will still set in - in mid 2014, when you will hold the Season DVD in your hands.

edited October 2013

Die Versandkosten liegen ein bisschen unter dem Spiel selbst... leider sagt meine Erfahrung, dass das Zollamt das Paketchen extrem interessant findet. Insgesamt landest du am Ende vermutlich bei 30 bis 40 Euro, also dem tatsächlichen Neupreis für ein PC-Spiel... bzw. kommst du noch etwas besser weg... ihr habt in Österreich ja einen ziemlichen Klatsch an Mehrwertsteuer auf den Spielen. ;)

As things stand right now, you pretty much HAVE the option you wish. If you want a Steam key, order from Steam; if you want the Season DVD, order from Telltale.

And I'm a voluntary forum moderator, not a Telltale official! ;)

Nekator posted: »

depends.. if the shipping costs (to Austria) are as much as the game itself, it won´t bring me much happiness either Maybe you guys can include a chooseable option (steam key or Season DVD)?? Or at least something digital..

• thx for the elaboration ;)

Die Versandkosten liegen ein bisschen unter dem Spiel selbst... leider sagt meine Erfahrung, dass das Zollamt das Paketchen extrem interessant

• No steam key ? shame on you

FAQ herewith much reformed. For everyone: If you buy the PC/Mac game on Steam, you get the game on Steam. If you buy the game from the

• edited October 2013

I too feel a little cheated if not getting a steam key activation as well - as I would prefer to play the game in my Steam library and still have the option for the DVD. I suppose I do understand the profit margins for Telltale might be better when ordering directly through their site, but still - I'd probably be willing to pay the difference if given the option.

At any rate, I greatly appreciate the simple direct answer to this question Vainamoinen, as it makes the available choices clear.

Thanks

alexbe posted: »

No steam key ? shame on you

• Turns out we actually did get the Steam key as well! I dunno if this was intended or consolation due to download glitches on release day from the Telltale site. Either way I'm glad I decided to opt for the DVD on Telltale! Now I can play on steam and still get the DVD!

Shame on us for doubting Telltale!

daedahl posted: »

I too feel a little cheated if not getting a steam key activation as well - as I would prefer to play the game in my Steam library and still h

Sign in to comment in this discussion.