The Killer [Investigation] - Hard Evidence Found

Comments

• It wasn't me that actually identified him as The Boy Who Cried Wolf. A large amount of people contributed to the theory. (credits are at the end of the main post) The whole thing we did here was like a puzzle really :D I just put a few pieces , others put a piece as well , and then we got something big together.

I'm amazed that you were able to identify this character the The Boy Who Cried Wolf. For a while there, I thought he was just an unidentifiabl

• The jean material you find is looking like either Ichabod or Grendel so far.

• That looks like crispin Cinderellas assistant at the glass slipper

• edited November 2013

also after the chase with Dee you can ask him who he is and he says to bigby "you dont rememebr me" or something to that effect. so i think there is something going on with thier memories too.

Maybe it's the nothing from the neverending story lol.

DomeWing333 posted: »

I considered the idea of memory erasure too. Bigby thought that he and Faith had met before and Lawrence described his memory of shooting hims

• Yeah, I agree wouldn't Bigby recognize him? During when he's trying to catch up to Tweedle Dee, it's really easy to miss things like that, although as far as the other times, I have no clue. One thing though, I flagged this as containing spoilers because it mentions Tweedle Dee.

I think you're spot-on about his identity and him being involved. I'm not convinced he's the killer, though. Or if he is, I'm not sure revenge

• I really think TBWCW and Faith are working together to frame Bigby for something... perhaps the fake death of Faith herself? Check out THE RING thread for more ideas.

• edited November 2013

A Crooked Mile, episode 3.

There was a crooked Man
    Who walked a crooked mile
    he found a crooked sixpence
    upon a crooked stile
    he brought a crooked cat
    who caught a crooked mouse
    and they all lived together
    in a little crooked house

i think this little rhyme may have something to do with episode 3. and maybe the killer. who knows.

• This is some Sherlock Holmes level deduction. Well done!

• Blowing up my mind xD
    Peter and the Wolf or the Boy who cried Wolf
    I can't think of anymore obvious related wolf fairy tales that haven't already been introduced in the comics.
    Awesome investigation :D

• I think episode 3 will lead you to Bluebeard. Book of Fables entry Bluebeard mentions crooked mile near the end.

A Crooked Mile, episode 3. There was a crooked Man Who walked a crooked mile he found a crooked sixpence upon a crooked stile he brough

• edited November 2013

The piece of fabric (jeans) could belong to the guy standing next to him in #3 but Gingers pants are different. I don't think they make it him in the end but he'll have a bigger part in later episodes most likely. If it is him then we're likely to see a 'who is he really' type of scenario.

• I think it's a good point.

• AND...if you think back to when Bigby is investigating the scene when you find Faith's head, remember that piece of fabric? I'm pretty sure that piece of fabric is the same color as this Redhead guy's shirt! Coincidence???

• I do agree with your theory but this could just be one those characters thats everywhere in game just to make it seem like there are more people besides the main cast

• No need for the spoiler. I'm more interested by the guy next to him in picture 3. 2 cuts on the leg, 2 fence tips have blood. I think the 2 work together though.

• doubt it ... Extras are only used to fill the background , while this guy also talked to Snow when they met down the hallway.

I do agree with your theory but this could just be one those characters thats everywhere in game just to make it seem like there are more people besides the main cast

• I thought this would mean that the nursery rhyme would be on about a fable on it's own.

But it just as well could be a link to Bluebeard in the game

LukaszB posted: »

I think episode 3 will lead you to Bluebeard. Book of Fables entry Bluebeard mentions crooked mile near the end.

• the guy standing next to the bwcw is the only one shown wearing jeans

• I totally agree. Either the killer or a witness gets away. I don't see him in the comics as well.

Hel_boy posted: »

the guy standing next to the bwcw is the only one shown wearing jeans

• the thing is it also looks like his left leg is injured on the fence i believe

• have to say some solid leads you got there, but we still don't know what the overall scheme here is, to tell the truth i expect snow isn't dead kinda doubting Faith is either. I got the feeling this is gonna turn into a conspiracy story by act 4. couple question we still need answered the biggest one imo how close is the game sticking to the comics. But to tell the truth my guts telling me Bigby's not being framed hes being used, i'm thinking this turns into a story about political corruption.

• That's crispin who works at the glass slipper

• Let's remember, what was the main point the story about the boy who cried wolf.This is the story about lie and lack of attention. I think Telltale Games made this crooked boy just for us. For all of us who became interested in investigating. In the end, we realize that we are fooled this way. Good job Telltale Games. Nice try!

• WARNING: IF U HAVEN'T NOTICED FROM THE WARNING ALREADY, THERE R LOTS OF SPOILERS AND THEORIES IN THIS COMMENT COLLECTED TOGETHER FROM MANY FORUMS. PLZ DON'T VIEW IF U DON'T WANT TO KNOW POTENTIAL PLOTS!!

Hi, I've been scouring the forums for the past few weeks and I just wanted to try to summarize all the suggested plotlines from myself and other ppl. Sorry to any1 I haven't credited and plz do reply if u want to be named.
    First is of course the major talking point: Snow's supposed death. I remember when I played thru I went straight to Toad's and Snow specifically asked for the donkey coat that had helped Faith escape her father. I can't remember who took it, but if I am right in suggestin tht she took it, it gives a slight crumb of hope, and may b of some importance later on in the story. Anyway, there hv been many theories about how she might return if she does, and I'll talk about them later, bt it shud b said tht if she isn't shown or suggested to b alive by 3 or 4, she might not return (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!), but tht depends on how Telltale want to do it. And the title names also suggest some sort of trickery, with the next 1 bein called Smoke and Mirrors, and we hv alrady seen in the preview tht Bigby does talk to the Mirror, and it may give us some clues later on, especially surrounding Faith. The point has already been made by some others tht the titles all seem to hv some sort of affinity with the Boy Who Cried Wolf Story, bt tht might just b a creative choice by the studio- we'll see.... There has also been mentiioning by some Fable readers tht there is hope for some sort of resurrection with the help of some sort of doorman, Trusty john, who brought children who hd been decapitated back to life!!! Whether he has been shown so far I don't know, bt if he is a character then tht definitely gives hope, and suggests Bigby will hv to do some things to get his help. And there is also the large talk on the forums about how the Mirror was unable to see Faith, and if she isn't dead it is very unlikely Snow will also b dead. Also, coming bak to Trusty John, his story involved him not being allowed to say things about three potential disasters or he would b turned to stone or killed- "My lips are sealed" - perhaps for a similar reason. Magic in WAU cn b very powerful and do a lot of things, and this might just b another curse, but I don't think by Faith's pimp. And, one of my own thoughts (albeit not the best point) is is tht the Rating of the game suggests some sort of romance or at least characters getting it on! I doubt tht if tht did happen, it would b any1 else other than Bigby and Snow, and tht could lead onto the Story of her getting pregnant. But, the Rating could just simply b applied to Beauty (if the whole stripper story is true), and it would certainly tie in with Beauty's secrecy and shame.
    And now coming onto the story about the Pimp. Judging by the preview, he seems more murky than magic, and I doubt he is the person directly respoinsible for the powerful magic. He seems small time, and I'm guessing the player will hv the opportunity to give him some serious pain. Fingers crossed....
    Next up is the whole RHG investigation, which HeartLocker has compiled so brilliantly. I'm guessing his involvement will b investigated by Bigby in 2 or possibly 3( Crooked Mile, and sum suggestions this has to do with a Shepherd's Crooks Tie he is wearing- not my idea). If he is indeed intentionally supposed to b the cab driver and not the result of character recycling, he will definitely b investigated, cos of his significance - he heard Bigby and Snow's conversation, and therefore will b aware of their chemistry. If he indeed does hv a score to settle with Bigby, then that is very ominous indeed.
    Next up is Dum and Dee. I think (along with many forum posters) tht they mainyl seem to b organised thuigs/bounty hunters rather thn sadistic beheaders. When Dum walked into the pub, he was asking for info about Faith probably, and so who they r working for will play a major part in the story, whether as a friend to Bigby or a foe.
    And there has also been many suggestions (even by the game itself at times) tht bluebeard is the culprit, bt tht seems way too obvious for Telltale t do.
    Another suggested culprit is the Headless Horseman. I don't know about the whole deal with Crane and the Horseman, bt i'm guessin the backstory will play a large part in Bigby's investigation, especially since Bigby is shown to intimidate him by almost pushing him into what appears to b the Witching Well. Bt i don't know much about it, so it's just speculation to me.
    odacrew1 pointed to the Plot Title "Cry Wolf" which again suggests some sort of affinity with the BWCW story, bt we'll see. But it can also b seen tht the killer might b known around tht point, bt no 1 listens and they strike again. If this is true, all assumptions now shud b thrown out of the window, because it is just as likely tht the eventual culprit is a seemingly good citizen.
    szczery (think that's how u spell it) suggested that RHG could be looking for Bigby to trip up rather than b the actual beheader if he is the BWCW. That makes sense since he is seen so much, but there must b some sort of suspicion surrounding him.
    and also coldpretzels posted a picture somewhere of a silhouette in the background when u first help Faith, and tht should be the main culprit. The guy has kind of big hair, bt the silhouette cleverly disguises it so it is unclear whether it is the RHG.

That is all the info I hv right now, and I have tried to get as much together as i cn. But remember it is EPISODE 1!!! We hv only seen a fifth of the story so far, and it will definitely develop to a vastly greater extent than any player cn ever imagine. Since it is so early, I really doubt tht RHG is the main culprit, bt he will no doubt b explored, along with all the other suspects like bluebeard and even Crane. It shoudl be remembered tht TellTale are an accomplished studio and hv a lot of experience in creating decision-based games. I have no doubt tht there will b further shocks along the way that will b totally unexpected, and I just hope tht TellTale keep us guessing after the next Episode. I am one of the many ppl hoping tht Snow isn't dead, since the creators did say it was based on and a prequel to the successful comics, and I will do my very best to keep Bigby on the right line, bt I wil no doubt tear the murderer/manipulator a new one when it reaches it's finale.
    Congratulations to TellTale for creating such an amazing game with extraordinary atmosphere and such great effect!!!! :D
    The amount of speculation and shock tht u hv produced so far is just incredible and thoroughly deserved. Keep it up, and plz for goodness sake bring back Snow!!!

• I'm not sure if this has already been posted(Sorry if it has :D), but I have another theory as too who this person might be. We hear about glamor disguising peoples non-human appearances, but what if it was used in a different way? Is it possible that someone else is using this person as a disguise, or even better, multiple people are which is why he's able to follow you so efficiently, because there are many people in on the murder. :)

• I have a feeling that the ripped jeans may be nothing but a set up what if some one saw something and ran and people keep saying someone had ripped pants at the office what if he was mugged and that's why they were at the office and with the red haired man (crispin) saw something and was there to tell snow or crane but was never seen by them and now he is trying to figure things out himself.

• Has any one else noticed before faith or snow are killed they act like they now something I going to happen to them ?

• I noticed it sometimes for Snow and almost all for Faith. Snow sounds like she would fake her own death more. If you tell Toad his lies Snow asks you "does it always go that smoothly" and if you tell her that it is easier to change things from the outside she says she'll consider it yet she looks like she already chose to do so.

• Later in an interview we hear that the red hair guy is just a random fella using the same skin rather then making new ones.
    :)

• I think that the dude follows Bigby around everywhere because Crane hired him, but not just any dude. The Tweedles, I mean I'm assuming it could make sense since even at the apartments (Lawrences) they run into him, but when Dee needed help he's Dum appears. It could also be that Dum is the driver and every time Bigby gives him a location, he tells Dee where he Is heading to (just a theory)

• They talk about the Boy who cried wolf in the comics, when Jack tries to tell Bigby and Snow about something dangerous encroaching on fable town.
    Snow: "Jack have you ever heard about the boy who cried wolf?"

Jack: "Sure he lives on the sixth floor?"

Bigby: Faceplam

It could be possible that the red head with the crooks on the tie is the Boy who cried wolf, but if he is the killer why is he still living in the woodlands in the comics? I think they would have chucked him down the witching well… Unless he is "Peter..." a different fable that survived a confrontation with Bigby in the past… Or just another theory if this crook'd tie man is the the boy cried wolf and even the killer (sappy and going out on a lim) Bigby gives him a second chance, forgives him, forgets the past. Because deep down thats what Bigby in the game really wants
    (that and Snow White <3)

• There is a little more to the conversation, Jack also asks why Snow asked him. And Snow White answers nevermind. When looking at the book with all the fables in them and click on the dwarfs and then Snow White, Snow White says and that's me back when..uhm...nevermind. After that Bigby talks about lies.

They talk about the Boy who cried wolf in the comics, when Jack tries to tell Bigby and Snow about something dangerous encroaching on fable to

• edited November 2013

http://bluefishtea.tumblr.com/post/66906411915/you-lie-constantly-why-should-i-believe-you-now

"never mind" was meant to be comical, the metaphor for the Boy who Cried Wolf went right over Jacks head.
    Heres the two pages from the comic did you read it?

LukaszB posted: »

There is a little more to the conversation, Jack also asks why Snow asked him. And Snow White answers nevermind. When looking at the book with

• I read it and began thinking about what Colin said. The Boy who Cried Wolf could be too scared to leave his apartment till Bigby is gone. That would mean Peter is the one with the red hair. I also have a fairytale book showing Peter having red hair.

http://bluefishtea.tumblr.com/post/66906411915/you-lie-constantly-why-should-i-believe-you-now "never mind" was meant to be comical, the me

• Great work, I didn't even notice him in the cab during my game. I know he is involved but he is merely a pawn in this mystery, doing the grunt work, placing the heads, abducting Faith & Snow. My theory is that someone very wealthy or a magic user is the puppet master, as they would need magic to place the code of silence spell on Faith, so strong that it even clouds the mirrors vision, and however they created the phony heads, whether by illusion or cloning I don't know because Snow is NOT dead it is impossible.

• Even if Snow White really did get her head cut of and she's dead now does not mean she will stay that way she is a very popular fable among the mundies so she will come back fables are hard to kill and are even harder to stay dead

• True but they're not that tough, they need to heal like any mundy and can even suffer permanent side effects, they're not invincible & a decap has killed other Fables in comics jus as popular.

Even if Snow White really did get her head cut of and she's dead now does not mean she will stay that way she is a very popular fable among the mundies so she will come back fables are hard to kill and are even harder to stay dead

• Jack in the comic fairest who is not even that popular got about half of his neck bit off and drained of his blood and was almost instantly healed the woodsman had a axe wedged into his brain and was able to get up and go Prince Charming was burned alice and blown up and is now alive in two different forms now maybe goldielocks had a hatchet in the head and was still ready to fight until she got ran over by a semi but yes they are not invincible BUT the popular ones do not stay dead

• Jack is more popular than ever thanx to his Hollywood production scheme, but his head was never separated from his body & brain deprived of oxygen for an extended period. And if u recall what happened to Snow in the comics, which was not as bad as a decap, and she struggled greatly to survive now living with permanent side effects. Charming is an example to my point really, as he never returned to the way he was as Snow needs to for the fables canon to remain intact. The others are wounds that took them time to recover, but a decap is not something even a Fable can shrug off without a miracle. I really hope the explanation of how she is alive is a good one.

Jack in the comic fairest who is not even that popular got about half of his neck bit off and drained of his blood and was almost instantly he

• What do u mean charming never returned he was in perfect shape in fairest until one of his eyes was ripped out and snow does not really need her cane anymore my point is that popular fables come back from the dead it's even stated in the comic but if faith really is dead I not suspect her to come back because she was not that popular maybe it has some something to do with ur name maybe he is cooking up some blue fairy specials

Jack is more popular than ever thanx to his Hollywood production scheme, but his head was never separated from his body & brain deprived o

This discussion has been closed.