Will Law & Order Legacies run on OS Mavericks?

Hello

I'm a big fan of Law & Order so several months ago I bought the PC version of Law & Order Legacies direct from the Telltale website. I recently bought a brand-new home computer switching from a PC laptop to an Apple iMac computer. I was pleased to discover I could download the Mac version of the game from the “my game” section of the Telltale website at no extra charge (which is very generous thank you Telltale) however I'm unable to run the game on my machine. It's a brand-new iMac and I recently upgraded it to OS Mavericks, however every time I try to install it I see the following message "“Law And Order” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. “Law And Order” is on the disk image “LawAndOrder100_Setup.dmg”. Google Chrome downloaded this disk image yesterday at 15:18 from cdn.telltalegames.com." Is there any way I can still install the game or is it not compatible with this version of iMac? If anyone has any advice I'd be very grateful.

Thank you

Comments

• Sounds like a Gatekeeper issue, as I have Mavericks and the game plays just fine. Follow DjNDB's instructions.

"To fix this you will need to disable Gatekeeper temporarily: Click the Apple logo on the top toolbar and select "System Preferences". Now select "Security & Privacy". If the padlock in the bottom left corner of this screen is not open, click on it. You will now see 3 options for downloaded applications, they are: "Mac App Store", "Mac App Store and identified developers", and "Anywhere". Please select "Anywhere" and then confirm your selection.

Now you should be able to run the game. After you have started the game once, you can reactivate Gatekeeper by setting it to "Mac App Store and identified developers", and it should not show the warning again for this game."

• I took your advice and it worked first time, thanks for your help I'm very grateful!

Macfly77 posted: »

Sounds like a Gatekeeper issue, as I have Mavericks and the game plays just fine. Follow DjNDB's instructions. "To fix this you will need t

Sign in to comment in this discussion.