Hi all...new monkey in town here.

edited November 2004 in General Chat
Hi, I'm a new monkey at these forums. ooo! ooo! eee! eee!
I followed the link from worldmi.com. I can hardly wait to see new, original adventure games or maybe a new monkey island or sam&max game. IMO, PC games have been really lacking content lately. Everyone is on the big, "more polygons are better" hype. To me that doesn't make a game. What makes a great game is the story.

About me...I have quite a collection of PC games. (I don't own a game console.) My old DOS games include:
Sam & Max
Loom
Sierra games like King's Quest, Legend of Kyrandia, etc...
Ultima series games

Too many to name. I feel these games like Sam & Max still hold their quality well compared to new-fangled games. They have storylines that include a lot of humor and wittiness that make the game fun to play. This is very much lacking in today's games. Unfortunately, LucasArts doesn't seem to listen to their fans anymore. All they care about is producing Star Wars related games. I am very much tired of that.

Good luck to Telltale games, and their future projects. Got to go for now...

Comments

• edited November 2004
    Alright, so welcome to the forums. Thanks for introducing yourself. I wish you have a nice time.
  • edited November 2004
    I'm not good with introductions so I'm just going to say hi.
    Unfortunately, LucasArts doesn't seem to listen to their fans anymore.

This is all too true. I sent them a letter back in march about Freelance Police and they still haven't responded.
  • edited November 2004
    lol nice introduction. :D welcome.
  • edited November 2004
    Hey guy.
  • edited November 2004
    I'm not good with introductions so I'm just going to say hi.
    Unfortunately, LucasArts doesn't seem to listen to their fans anymore.

This is all too true. I sent them a letter back in march about Freelance Police and they still haven't responded.

They have the powers of the dark side- sif they care...;)
  • edited November 2004
    There possesed with a Demon if a sith lord [>:)]
  • edited November 2004
    Uhm..... Did you know about the thread: Gettin To Know You? I agree, this is a lot more personal and "stand out in the crowd" sort of way of introducing yourself. I think I'm just too scared to do something like that :-s . Anyhow: welcome! =:)
  • edited November 2004
    There is nothing wrong with a introduction to a forum.
  • edited November 2004
    burn is correct, there is nothing wrong with that
    but next time i ask to be a little more concous of the threads around you. i'll keep this one here for now, i'm not going to bother moving it this far into a thread :)

now play nice boys and girls :D
  • edited November 2004
    And here I was thinking I was the only monkey around here . . ..

Ook ook ack eek ook ook chee ook?
  • edited November 2004
    And here I was thinking I was the only monkey around here . . ..

Ook ook ack eek ook ook chee ook?

But you're not alone!

Ack Eek ook ook :o)

I'm expecting a new Monkey Island! Monkey Island 5 is coming soon! It will be a huge error to think that there's no market for Adventure Games! Sorry for my poor anglish. as I say in a precedent post, I'm french(South, Marseille) and I'm 24. I'm a Monkey fan since the first Monkey Island (on Amiga!)... I cross my fingers :x
  • edited November 2004
    it will be sam and max 2
    :D :-/
  • edited November 2004
    it will be sam and max 2
    :D :-/
    You wish, monkey island can only come from Lucas arts, and since they're fairly good at milking franchises, I don't think Sam and Max will beat it.
  • edited November 2004
    Welcome to the forums! :)

Check out the 'Getting to Know you Thread' to share and learn about your fellow members!
  • edited November 2004
    oook eeek uh ah oooooh!!!

(Now watch this drive ..................... it's a hole in none)
This discussion has been closed.