Forum Launch!

edited November 2004 in General Chat
Welcome, one and all, to Telltale's new forums! It's been a long time coming, but we know you'll all agree, it was worth the wait. Ok, maybe you won't agree, but that's ok, because now you'll get to say so in our beautiful forum atmosphere!

Somehow, it was leaked that I was creating this forum with my toes. I know some may find this fact impressive, and maybe even more so considering I broke my left ankle last week. However, being a modest person, I must admit that the process of customizing the lovely mvnForum mainly consisted of using the letters 'H', 'J', K', and 'L'. Taking this into consideration, along with the fact that I am right handed, really puts some much needed perspective on the speculation regarding this forum's launch.

So, without further ado, I'd like to say "Let the yakking commence!".

Comments

• edited October 2004
    Great job, Troy! You are almost certainly the greatest foot typist I have ever known, with the possible exception of my grandmother, who can type 50 words a minute with one leg tied behind her back.

I like the name of this forum too. The Yak Space. Where yaks can go to be with their own kind, without any of the scorn and derision that they're so tired of enduring in all those other forums.

Brendan Q. Ferguson
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2004
    Hey! It's a forum! When I first noticed Troy in his office with his bare feet on the keyboard, I decided to find ways around the office that don't require me going by Troy's office. I'm glad to see it was just this spiffy forum! Kinda makes me wonder what Dan's been working on....

Kevin
  • edited October 2004
    do you guys need a moderator or any other forum cleaner upper person? I'd be more then happy to help, I'm online 24/7 and would dedicate myself.

EDIT* i also forgot to mention i would do it for free
  • edited October 2004
    Hey, good to see you finally got the forum in working condition, Troy!

Hey, while I'm at it, I might as well introduce myself to everyone here. I'm part of the foreign labour force here at Telltale. Why foreign labour? It's part of the plan to make top notch games affordably. Naturally none of us have Green Cards (but don't tell anyone ;)), so they can get away with paying us .25 dollars per hour. If you're wondering, my job mostly consists of making sure Brendan doesn't leave the closet to pester other employees and cleaning up after the Telltale Team, although hopefully I won't have to after that Potty Training course.

I'd just love to tell you about some of the wonderful things they do here at Telltale, however Troy said I can't ("If you tattle about what we do here I'll put my foot in your mouth and shove it down to your stomach.") :( Frankly, with that cast he's wearing, I just can't risk it.
  • edited October 2004
    Hello Fop. Thanks for being part of Telltale and keep up the good work! Enjoy your stay on the forums. ;) Thanks...
  • edited October 2004
    so that luxorious pool in telltales gigantic office is really just troys foot bath.. may your games be as funny as your posts/blogs! :))
  • edited October 2004
    do you guys need a moderator or any other forum cleaner upper person? I'd be more then happy to help, I'm online 24/7 and would dedicate myself.

EDIT* i also forgot to mention i would do it for free
    For free, as in a free copy of their upcoming game, eh g_g? hihi.gif
  • edited October 2004
    nice forum

:(|)
  • edited October 2004
    100 posts in one day ...not bad.

You've got quite a fanbase already :D ;)
  • edited October 2004
    I think there should be some sub-forums. If the current trend continues then it won't be long before the yak space will be overwelmed with threads that should probably be somewhere else.
  • edited October 2004
    At least when the game is announced. :p
  • edited October 2004
    Hey, Fop! I was wondering when I'd see some of the Telltale team that weren't mentioned on the main page (last I heard there are currently nine members). Could you share with everyone some of your past experience? Were you also a former LucasArts employee?
  • edited October 2004
    I think there should be some sub-forums. If the current trend continues then it won't be long before the yak space will be overwelmed with threads that should probably be somewhere else.

Hey there THM. We're more than happy to hear suggestions. When trying to think of what forums we should create, we all pretty much looked at each other with blank faces, kicked around some off-the-wall names for the general forum (better left unsaid), and decided we'd wait to see what happened. And with that - WOW.

Anyway, with everyone here, I'm sure we can come up with several forums that make sense. I'll start a thread...
  • edited October 2004
    You should probably have a help forum in case some is confused or finds a bug.
  • edited October 2004
    You got it.
  • edited October 2004
    I couldn't really find anyplace else to put this, so I thought now would be a good time to tell you. I am behind you guys all the way. That's right, an average high-school student in Glendale, Arizona is in support of your efforts. I eagerly await your first production. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Rock on, fellas. Rock on.
  • edited October 2004
    Hey, Fop! I was wondering when I'd see some of the Telltale team that weren't mentioned on the main page (last I heard there are currently nine members). Could you share with everyone some of your past experience? Were you also a former LucasArts employee?

Oh, I'm not part of the team that makes games. My job is to keep the team happy. I'm not a big part of Telltale. I bet if you asked them about me half of them wouldn't even know what you are talking about. I work behind the scenes, pedaling the bike to provide electricity, mopping up, et cetera.

My past experience includes making flip flops out of car tires, hunting crocodiles in the sewers of New York (that job cost me my appendix) and before that seven years in the Finnish military cleaning toilets with a toothbrush (I'm 18 now). So nothing quite as cushy as this job. I've never worked at Lucasarts. By the time I got to the States LA had already phased out all human employees.
  • edited November 2004
    If I worked for LA, I'd be the guy who beat up all the execs. who make the 'market-wise' decisions around there...
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited September 2018

Can't say this is the ending I imagined, but thanks for the good times ?

• Holy shit I think I might cry by looking at this little time capsule.

This is surreal.

• As if I wasn't already crying before, now I have to see this. Why do you do this to me?

• I think we won some achievements. The 404 achievement names and descriptions fit far too well.

R.I.P. Telltale. The company that will always be in my heart.

• JesseWJesseW Former Telltale Staff

Good find @Blind Sniper. Hard to imagine. I'm sad this is the end.

• A necrobump? BLIND... In your final moments, you became the very thing you sought to destroy...

Can't say this is the ending I imagined, but thanks for the good times ?

• ...meh, what can I say? It's the end of the world Telltale forums.

A necrobump? BLIND... In your final moments, you became the very thing you sought to destroy...

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited September 2018

This is a worthy bump. This post is full of Telltale History. The initial poster is Troy Molander, the co-founder of Telltale Games, along with Kevin Bruner and Dan Connors

The second poster is Brandon Q. Ferguson, a designer on Telltale's early games, Telltale's first webmaster, and the voice of Theodore Dudebrough in Telltale's first game, Telltale Texas Hold'em.

• This seems like the correct thread to post my first message in many years. I was one of the original members of the forums back on the original website and definitely read this thread back in the day. I read every one of Brendan Q. Ferguson's hilarious stories and was so pumped when this company started. I am extremely sad today.

• Man, when this thread was started most of us were babies and little kids, some not even born yet. Crazy

• Thanks for checking in Jesse. Good luck on the job search.

JesseW posted: »

Good find @Blind Sniper. Hard to imagine. I'm sad this is the end.

• It's a necro! I have to ban someone quick.

• Yo I was 3 years old when this forum started lmao

• Nooooo but it's so pure and innocent! :'(

Vainamoinen posted: »

It's a necro! I have to ban someone quick.

• Now where did you get a crazy idea like that from? ??

...meh, what can I say? It's the end of the world Telltale forums.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.