Delisted on XBLA and Steam?

edited January 2014 in Wallace & Gromit

Was the license lost for this series? Are they gone for good or will these games be returning?

Thanks.

Comments

• I don't see it in the Telltale Store anymore, either. That's a shame.

Unless they're about to release season 2 and offer season 1 free as a bonus, and don't want people who just bought it to be mad at them :)

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited January 2014

Nooo! I loved the Wallace and Gromit games. Thankfully I bought them long ago but still it's sad though.

I'm just a community mod so I know as much as you do, but I'd say judging by the lack of forum banners/backgrounds for the series that it is indeed gone.

• edited August 2016

I read on my favorite forum about the delisted content and what should i say? i'm very sad, because i bought only two from four episodes of wallace and gromit. now i can't complete this game.

i don't understand, why does telltale the games not in a special sale and then removed from xbox live or steam?

• From the gog forum:

IMPORTANT UPDATE: We have been notified that Telltale Games' licence to the Wallace and Gromit IP has expired, and therefore the company is unable to keep their Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventure title in their offer, for the time being. By extension, we have been asked to remove the game from our catalog, and we are in the process of doing so, and once it's done the game won't be available for purchase anymore. Everyone who has the game in their GOG.com collection by that time, will still be able to download the installer files and bonus content after the removal. The game, however, won't be listed for sale on GOG.com. We apologize for any inconvenience that this situation may have caused you.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but we wanted to give you guys a heads up.

YakuzaCH posted: »

I read on my favorite forum about the delisted content and what should i say? i'm very sad, because i bought only two from four episodes of wa

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Here's the official Telltale word in our support forum.

• Alas, W&G, we hardly knew ye....

I have one request for future series that may have an expiration clause. You must have known in advance that your distribution agreement for Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures was going to expire at the end of 2013. For any other games that are approaching their expiration dates, please post something in the blog and elsewhere to indicate that the end is nigh, and if you ever want to play this game, buy it now! That might spur on some last minute sales that would be good for Telltale's bottom line, as well as give us a little warning and a chance to memorialize.

puzzlebox posted: »

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited January 2014

Alas, W&G, we hardly knew ye....

-

...as well as give us a little warning and a chance to memorialize.

Ah, Muzzled. You were one of my favorite episodes from any Telltale series. The whole season was pretty good overall as well. I had bought the first episode on XBLA when it came out in - what was it, 2008? However, I didn't play through the whole series until I bought the whole season during an Easter sale on the Telltale store a while back in 2011 or 2012. I really liked the upgraded presentation the game had in comparison to Telltale's older games as well.

Now I'm feeling nostalgic for Telltale's older niche comedy games (which is ironic as this was probably one of Telltale's bigger franchises besides Sam and Max back in the day).

WarpSpeed posted: »

Alas, W&G, we hardly knew ye.... I have one request for future series that may have an expiration clause. You must have known in advan

• There are still times when I can't stop thinking about that fish-and-chips pie-and-ice-cream.

Alas, W&G, we hardly knew ye.... - ...as well as give us a little warning and a chance to memorialize. Ah, Muzzled.

• I still think back to that air chase puzzle on occasion. That song they used during the chase was really catchy.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2014

Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures was my favorite Telltale series. It's a shame that more people won't get a chance to experience it now. :(

Speaking of which, I can't remember if I purchased the final episode from XBLA (I hope so, since I meant to. I was just waiting until I had some extra cash).

It is still available for PC DVD at Amazon for $10. If anyone hasn't already, pick it up before it's gone forever (or at least, while the price is still reasonable).

Alas, W&G, we hardly knew ye.... I have one request for future series that may have an expiration clause. You must have known in advan

• I'm actually quite angry about that:
    1) "We currently do not have any plans to renew this agreement at this time" Well, why the hell not?!?
    2) Why haven't we been notified earlier that this would happen?
    3) It took you 6 whole days to even hack together this announcement?
    4) Why didn't I, as a person who did purchase Wallace and Gromit, been notified about that per email? Wouldn't you think that people who bought the game cared about things like that?
    5) Don't you dare even considering removing the option to redownload already bought copies of the game.

puzzlebox posted: »

• I'm not a Telltale employee, just a volunteer forum moderator, but I'll take a stab at answering your questions.

1) Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures has long been rumored to be one of the lowest selling games in Telltale's catalog. Why would they renew (i.e. pay good money for) the agreement with Aardman for a game that probably sells much less now than when it was released almost 5 years ago?

2) Not sure. Advance notice would indeed have been nice for people on the fence about buying the game. It doesn't affect people who already own the game, though.

3) They probably only wrote and posted the announcement after seeing threads such as this one appear on these forums.

4) Why should people who already bought the game care about it no longer being available for purchase? So long as it's still available for download...

5) They never said they would. They even posted handy download instructions in this thread for people who already own the game.

For me, the worst thing about the situation is that the promised Mac version will never see the light of day.

DrMcCoy posted: »

I'm actually quite angry about that: 1) "We currently do not have any plans to renew this agreement at this time" Well, why the hell not?!?

• edited January 2014

the least they could have done was warn BEFORE it happened.Marvel vs. Capcom games and DLCs were pulled out from digital stores for the same reasons,but Capcom had at least the decency(which is ironic,since it's a word that Capcom has not been deserving it lately.)to warn us days before and even making discounts.
    Wallace & Gromit's only physical release was a limited print for the PC version sold only at Telltale's store.Prices on ebay will probably be outrageous after this and it is now the only way to buy the game.

edited January 2014

@johnny-sasaki wrote:
    Wallace & Gromit's only physical release was a limited print for the PC version sold only at Telltale's store.Prices on ebay will probably be outrageous after this and it is now the only way to buy the game.

They also released a commercial PC DVD version with a different cover (I posted about this earlier in this thread, but unfortunately the forum ate my post due to an ugly bug that came with the latest forum update that hides some direct replies in threaded conversations). It's currently in stock at Amazon for $10, if you want to pick it up before it's gone forever, or at least while it's still reasonably priced.

• Thanks for posting about that bug here, Jennifer. I haven't been reading the TWD/TWAU forums lately, and I was a bit miffed when I saw my W&G thread apparently deleted without explanation. Now I know it was (probably) just a forum bug and not Kevin being mean.

• The posts are now back up. Yay, now my tribute to Muzzled can stand the test of time!

Thanks for posting about that bug here, Jennifer. I haven't been reading the TWD/TWAU forums lately, and I was a bit miffed when I saw my W&a

edited January 2014

And, since I can see my post again, I'll comment on it. :)

I found out that I did purchase episode 4 on XBLA. So, I'm glad that I managed to get it before it was gone forever.

I'm glad too, since I really liked the sand puzzle in The Bogeyman. All of the final "boss" puzzles were really good in this series, which is one of the main reasons why it's my favorite of all of Telltale's seasons so far.

The posts are now back up. Yay, now my tribute to Muzzled can stand the test of time!

• Its a shame its no longer available. If I had known it was going to be gone I would have got it off of GOG.com when it was on sale.
    Not that I have to worry since I own a retail copy as well as a copy purchased from the Telltale store as well as a steam copy. But It would have been good to have a drm free version........

• I guess this means that there won't be Wallace & Gromit Season 2. Damn!

• I know this may be a shot in the dark, and this being an old forum I doubt I'll get a response, if any, fast. Here's my predicamant:

I have the trials for all four episodes of Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures downloaded onto the hard drive of my Xbox 360. I would like to know if there is any possible way for me to unlock the full game from the trials?

• I'm just a volunteer community moderator speaking off of my own experience as another Xbox 360 consumer and not a Telltale Staff member with this knowledge, but I think - at least for Xbox Live Arcade titles on Xbox 360, the trial and the full game are the same file. Unless I am mistaken, the "full game" is just a license that "unlocks" all the content from the demo in the same file.

As long as you have the demo downloaded and you still have the ability to purchase the license on Xbox Live within the game's menu, I'd think you should be good to go.

silassteele posted: »

I know this may be a shot in the dark, and this being an old forum I doubt I'll get a response, if any, fast. Here's my predicamant: I ha

edited January 2015

Yeah, I'm not sure how these are set up (since I already own the full games on Xbox 360 I can't check), but it really depends on whether the option was disabled in the trials. For instance, you used to be able to purchase the Konami Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle games from the trials after they were pulled from XBLA, but they disabled that once they found out that people could still do it.

Like Blind Sniper said, if the ability to purchase the games from the trials are still there then you'll be able to buy the games still. If it's gone, however, there's nothing that you can do about it unfortunately.

silassteele posted: »

I know this may be a shot in the dark, and this being an old forum I doubt I'll get a response, if any, fast. Here's my predicamant: I ha

• In my mind that's the only difference between the two versions. But I have checked and the ability to purchase the full game is gone from the game menu.

I've read online one can download the full games, but only if they had purchased them before they were pulled, which I did not. I did message Telltale in regards to this, to see if there were some way they could allow it, but they more or less restated what I already knew and blew me off.

That would mean the only way I could play it on my Xbox 360 would be if someone who has an Xbox Live account with the full games were willing to part with it. But I would never ask of that unless they had no intention of ever using said account again.

Anyway, I thank you both for responding, and I only reply now because I do not come to this website very often.

I'm just a volunteer community moderator speaking off of my own experience as another Xbox 360 consumer and not a Telltale Staff member with

• That is BS , IP laws should change. If someone gets an IP agreement for a game, it shouldn't have an expiration date. If Disney allows Nintendo to use Micky for Kingdom hearts they shouldn't be able to pull it away years after the game was released. People put work into that product. The person who owns the property made money off of the company releasing the game. The game obviously was approved by the company upon release. I just don't understand why game designers project are at risk of being shelved because of future negotiations. If they want to remaster the game sure, but an existing game. What gives. Let TellTale sell the game they poured the life into making

Sign in to comment in this discussion.