"Telltale should make a ____ Series": Post your ideas for a new Telltale Series here. (Unofficial)

Comments

• A murder mystery, or something like that. If TTG made their own game about finding and hunt down a serial killer, or someone has been kidnapped, and it's your job to find them. Just watched the movie "Prisoners" for the second time, and if TTG made a game similar to that, it would have been amazing!

• We already have that in The Wolf Among Us, I believe.

Arsun97 posted: »

A murder mystery, or something like that. If TTG made their own game about finding and hunt down a serial killer, or someone has been kidnappe

• I think Telltale should find some more lighthearted IPs and get back to making fun little puzzle comedy games. The Walking Dead and the Wolf Among us are great, don't get me wrong. I feel like they're forgetting that they originally created this company to make a sequel to sam and max.

• edited January 2014

How about....Community Poker? Troy and Abed playing Blaaaack Jack!

• edited January 2014

At first I thought it would be interesting to see Telltale make a game based on the sinking of the Titanic, but that would be a challenge even for Telltale. Titanic's sinking was so tragic and had such a big impact on the world that even the Walking Dead might not be able to hold a candle to it.

Also, I'd like to get a good Star Trek game for once.

EDIT: Another idea might be a proper game based on the Slenderman. So far the games released concerning Slenderman have little to no story, and it might make a decent surivival-horror game. To be honest, Telltale has quite a few options.

• I will not rest until Telltale Games has made an amazing 73-episode video game based on Drive starring Ryan Gosling and woven a tapestry of emotion and tragedy so intricate and touching that even the coldest and most reserved of humans will not be able to resist crying like the littlest tiniest baby

• I'd love to play "Hogwarts stories", really. Since they made really bad games of the Harry Potter Saga. I don't want to play as Harry Potter, maybe with some other character in Hogwarts or in another school of wizardry :) What about a prequel? They really have the material to make a beautiful game :D

(I hope you undrestand what I said, 'cause I'm not really good speaking and writing in english :) )

• Or maybe years earlier :) I'd love too, really. Even because EA (?) didn't ever make a good game of this colossal. Hogwarts or, maybe, another shool of wizardry, other guys of other houses living what Harry lived, just in another point of view, a prequel (Hogwarts when Dumbledore was a student, Dumbledore friends, relation with Grindelwald; or the first fall of Voldemort and that war... The foundation of the school, there are many ideas) ora a sequel as you said, but I'm not sure of this.

TellTale, listen please. Make an Harry Potter game, a really GOOD one, as you've done with TWD :)

ulop22 posted: »

I'm a big Harry Potter fan. That's why I would love if Telltale would make a game about some boy/girl who goes to Hogwarts. "Tales from the Ho

• it would be cool to play with James instead of Harry . They could do the prequel with Harry's parents or sequel of Harry's children.

Rippo posted: »

I'd love to play "Hogwarts stories", really. Since they made really bad games of the Harry Potter Saga. I don't want to play as Harry Potter,

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2014

@desertyard wrote:
    A lot of Telltale employees are former LucasArts employees and now that LucasArts is all gone due to the Disney purchase and EA not being interested in much other than the Star Wars license to make games, those old adventure games that LucasArts held the rights to, should be easy for Telltale to pick up.

It might not be so easy. It depends on if Disney is willing to license out the other LucasArts properties, which remains to be seen. The only thing Disney officials ever mention in the press when talking about LucasArts is Star Wars (although there might be hope for Indiana Jones games since Disney purchased the full rights to future Indiana Jones productions from Paramount). There's no sign yet that they intend to do anything with the LucasArts properties (a re-release through Night Dive is rumored. That would be a good sign that they at least are willing to not let the LucasArts franchises sit in the vault, but so far they've been doing just that).

desertyard posted: »

Telltale made a name for themselves for doing what so many old school fans wanted, but LucasArts refused to give. Humorous, well made, slightl

• The problem is the "division" in years, they have to plan episodes well. Maybe James, Snape, etc. and the first fall of Voldemort.

Man, I'd play it right now!

Niels posted: »

it would be cool to play with James instead of Harry . They could do the prequel with Harry's parents or sequel of Harry's children.

• How about the shining with a ttg touch on it. Wouldn't that be great.

• Finally someone who agrees with me!

Rippo posted: »

Or maybe years earlier I'd love too, really. Even because EA (?) didn't ever make a good game of this colossal. Hogwarts or, maybe, another s

• its been done before I couldn't image it being that much more difficult considering the awesome replayability the games would have. Then it would give the premise of your choices effect the game play much deeper meaning.

Harpadarpa posted: »

That seems like a chore that, even for telltale, would be unrealistic. And at the end of the day, they're still telling stories. Stories with

• When has it been done before? With a title on the current gen, which needs to have top level models, animation and textures, otherwise people give it shit ratings?

dsfilms posted: »

its been done before I couldn't image it being that much more difficult considering the awesome replayability the games would have. Then it would give the premise of your choices effect the game play much deeper meaning.

• It is being done right now on the new Tex Murphy game Tesla Effect

Not to mention all the previous Tex games.And these games are top rated. They are also fully 3d environments although FMV characters.

Anyway not here to argue a point just making a suggestion which is what this thread is for.

When has it been done before? With a title on the current gen, which needs to have top level models, animation and textures, otherwise people give it shit ratings?

• I guess, but that game might be absolute shit.

Also, we're not arguing points, just what they should do. I don't think they should do that. Like, I'm against it.

It is being done right now on the new Tex Murphy game Tesla Effect Not to mention all the previous Tex games.And these games are top rate

• Interesting, why would you be against it? There are 5 previous Tex games all highly rated, I'm sure this one will be a success as well.

I guess, but that game might be absolute shit. Also, we're not arguing points, just what they should do. I don't think they should do that. Like, I'm against it.

• I've never heard of a Tex game. Let me do a bit of research.

Yup. Last one was made in 1998. Granted, the screen shots look nice, it looks 2D. You know what's a million times harder to make than a video game in 2D? A video game in full hyper HD realism today. The spending has to be less on making it actually unique now. Now, a lot of the spending goes into it not looking like shit. Hiring artists and voice actors and level designers. Much more skilled ones than back in the 90s. Hence they cost a shit ton. Note, one of the quotes in that trailer you showed me said, "Cleverly streamlined." This COULD mean the HUD, or this could mean the story. Giving reasons to go to the same place, regardless of choice. Similar to you know what.

Interesting, why would you be against it? There are 5 previous Tex games all highly rated, I'm sure this one will be a success as well.

• How about a remastered Day of the Tentacle

• Not sure if anybody has mentioned it yet but the comic book series POWERS, by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Oeming, would make a great telltale game. A TV show based on it has been in the works for some time now. It's essentially a crime procedural set in the world with superheroes. Very cool!

• I think TellTale is our only hope to see a great HP game. Maybe we'll dream it forever, maybe not. Who knows? :)

ulop22 posted: »

Finally someone who agrees with me!

• 3 out of every 4 dialog options will be "..."

I will not rest until Telltale Games has made an amazing 73-episode video game based on Drive starring Ryan Gosling and woven a tapestry of em

• I don't know, wouldn't Double Fine be more qualified for making that? Especially since it was a Tim Schafer game and all.

AnKun posted: »

Dunno about you guys, but I would kill for a Full Throttle sequel from TTG. It was a hit from Lucas Arts on par with Monkey Island and Sam&

• edited February 2014

I would love a game based on Mad Men.

I mean, the entire show is based on moral decisions. And wouldn't it be awesome if you got to play as the one and only Don Draper.

Will you cheat on your boring wife with an interesting new woman? Or stay faithful?

Will work and pitching ideas to clients be more important than drinking and getting wasted with "friends"? Who will you tell about your troubled childhood? Or maybe not tell at all?

Who can you trust in the Sterling Cooper office? Who do you want to ignore and who do you want to learn about? Will the company go first, or your kids?

Other than Mad Men, I want to see Firefly/Serenity.

• Something with intense psychological horror, ending off season one with a shocking plot twist and being unable to figure out the true outcome.

• Retro TV License: Twin Peaks or Northern Exposure
    Sam and Max Season 4 (Please!!!)
    Indiana Jones (Remakes?)
    Retro Movie License: Goonies or Labyrinth

• And then not producing a season 2?

Something with intense psychological horror, ending off season one with a shocking plot twist and being unable to figure out the true outcome.

• 100 Bullets nuff said

• Told 'em to make breaking bad

• I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned Breaking Bad already, but I'm voting for it.

• edited February 2014

• If that's his, it's a good thing the horns don't grow out until they're older.

• edited February 2014

WarpSpeed posted: »

If that's his, it's a good thing the horns don't grow out until they're older.

• I'm sure it's been mentioned already (or, at least, I hope it has), but TellTale should definitely scoop up the rights to make a game series based on LOST. A lot of options with that one, honestly, though I'd most like to see something focused on the Dharma Initiative. I don't think it would be all that necessary to stick with the canon created by the show, either. It'd be more interesting to use that universe as a starting point, but to expand and create a story all their own. The Dharma folk versus the original Others could be an interesting element.

In fact, it'd be really cool if you started the game off-island, and got to choose which character you play as (from a pre-set number of options, obviously), which could affect which station you're assigned to and how your story line plays out. Based on the decisions you make in your first playthrough, you could then play as the remaining characters and have to deal with the results of the other characters' choices, while still experiencing a unique story line that you shape as you go along.

The level of choice, and the effects of the changes themselves would need to be stepped up for something like that to work, though. I'm a TellTale fan, but the choice element of their latest games is kind of a farce. There are ways to get from A to Z while still making sure that players feel like they've had a real impact on the plot and the characters within the game. CD Projekt Red does an excellent job of this with The Witcher series, and even Quantic Dream did a good job of it with Heavy Rain (even if that game - as a whole - was a bit of a mess).

• I'd love to see a Lost game series :D

Czarcasm posted: »

I'm sure it's been mentioned already (or, at least, I hope it has), but TellTale should definitely scoop up the rights to make a game series b

• SAW saga , LOST series , DOCTOR WHO series ( David Tennant please ) , HARRY POTTER saga... there are so many worlds that would fit in TTG style... lets hope they make some come true.

• How about "Telltale should make some more Playing Dead videos?" I loved those, they were like the icing on the WD cake.

• It's a bit offtopic.

Would love to see a a World of Darkness Telltale games in style of V:tM Bloodlines.

I am pretty sure they could make it. And even make it in time, before CCP is still far from completing their MMO.

• I'd love to see another Monkey Island game by Telltale. But that would have to be up to Disney now. As for Back to the Future. I really do hope they make a Season 2!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.