How would you play Jesse?

As for as promotional pics goes, Jesse seems like the most positive protagonist that Telltale has made since Back to the Future. It is a refreshing change after all of the relative dark protagonists we have played. I know that the game hasn't come out yet, but once the game come out, what kind of personality would you give Jesse? I would play him as a lovable guy who care about his friends and want to be a hero.

enter image description here

Comments

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited September 2015

A dick who only wants power/wealth over his 'friends'.

• I'm not completely sure how i will play Jesse yet but i know for a fact i will protect Reuben and make sure nobody turns him into pork chops.

• Nobody except me.

Come here little piggy.

OzzyUK posted: »

I'm not completely sure how i will play Jesse yet but i know for a fact i will protect Reuben and make sure nobody turns him into pork chops.

• Whoa, calm yourself, Bigby.

Nobody except me. Come here little piggy.

• I don't think I'll get the game, but I always try to be as nice as possible when given a choice in a game.

• I never know until I start playing the character. Right now I'm thinking adventurous and curious but that's not much.

• I will make him cook some meth.

• I imagine there'll be a point where a butcher thinks you're taking Reuben to be killed and he'll try to chop up Reuben. How you'll react is entirely up to you...

OzzyUK posted: »

I'm not completely sure how i will play Jesse yet but i know for a fact i will protect Reuben and make sure nobody turns him into pork chops.

• A murderous psychopath.

• edited September 2015

First he'll write a book called Blocky Rain. Then he will feel sick while he's mining and realise he has a cold, so he and Axel will go to sell blue pork (THEY WOULD NEVER HURT Reuben!). After they realize they can't make a living out of that, they buy a Blockdis and go into the future. In the future Jesse Blockard gets a job by Axel (played by M. Emmet Walsh), so he goes to take out four blocklicants. But they wake up just to realize it was all a dream! Well, they learn to dream while they're dreaming! But after some years pass, they discover the remains of an ancient blockfaring civilization on Mars, in 2148; so Jesse Shepard (he/she follows the Blockagon way) and Axel Moreau remains the only people who can save humanity from the Withers.

But I usually play as the good guy. (Like I said above.)

• Sounds fun!

A murderous psychopath.

• edited September 2015

No idea. How I play the character usually changes by the 1st episode. In Tales I started off as Rhys being this cocky arrogant prick, but as soon as he landed on Pandora he became this scared dorky loser (he stayed that way for me). I think I'll might make one of the Jesse's a jerk.

• Well to me. It depends on "Who i like" and "Who i despise". But i might play as a nice guy.

• I typically try to play each of my characters as being diplomatic within reason. However, as others said, I'll wait until I play the game before deciding for sure.

• I'd make him an asshole like I always do in telltale games MUAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

• edited September 2015

He looks like a very optimistic person, so I'll play him as so. And I'll try to make him as close to myself as possible. I have a feeling that's what Telltale's trying to do here, with the character skin thing and all.

• First of all, Im male so I´ll play as a male Jesse.
    Ill be just myself...I´ll let you know the results I get kiddos.
    I expect not only that it get a well plot on towns and about crafting, even about the Nether....
    But probably if there is romance I hope there is not forced romance...and if the character is rejected I´ll be like:
    Jesse being rejected be like:

• Speaking of Back to the Future, I don't really know why but I think Jesse looks a bit like how Marty McFly looked at the end of the first film.

I'd also make him a positive good hero, like I did Lee for that matter also. I only make the characters act like jerks when it suits their characters more.

• Save File 1 - Pure "good"; SF 2 - Pure "evil"; SF 3 - Silent; SF 4 - What suits the protagonist(s) character (usually my favorite).

• I will be a good boy. But if any motherfucker tried to go through me, imma go on full hulk mode.

• I'll be good to the people that deserve it and an asshole to people that don't (Gryff, Felix etc)

• Just what I would do be myself

• Can't say for sure, I do like to give my characters personality changes, though... Or at least not have them be one dimensional.

• Character development, aye, I do it too.

Can't say for sure, I do like to give my characters personality changes, though... Or at least not have them be one dimensional.

• Murderous psychopath who sacks villages for a living. He kills the men, rapes the women, sells the children into slavery, destroys the farms and puts the desiccated remains of his conquest to the torch.

But he has a soft spot for his pig, Mr. Vittles.

• Asshole, just like all my other Telltale mains.

• I would try to be a nice and cheery person. (Though I try this for every game, I seem to snap at something near the fourth episode, but this might be different.)

• My Rhys certainly took a step in darkness after the reveal in episode 4.

RhysAndLee posted: »

I would try to be a nice and cheery person. (Though I try this for every game, I seem to snap at something near the fourth episode, but this might be different.)

• edited September 2015

It is a refreshing change after all of the relative dark protagonists we have played.

Didn't you see Twitter?

They're Jesse, not just that one dude in that picture.

• god dammit

Lilacsbloom posted: »

It is a refreshing change after all of the relative dark protagonists we have played. Didn't you see Twitter? They're Jesse, not just that one dude in that picture.

• edited September 2015

When I said dark, I was talking about personality.

It is a refreshing change after all of the relative dark protagonists we have played. Didn't you see Twitter? They're Jesse, not just that one dude in that picture.

• enter image description here

• Your jokes can be so Cringey sometimes...

• It wasn't a joke o_o I literally thought he was talking about a dark-skinned protagonists.

Your jokes can be so Cringey sometimes...

• enter image description here

It wasn't a joke o_o I literally thought he was talking about a dark-skinned protagonists.

• Okay, I believe you.

It wasn't a joke o_o I literally thought he was talking about a dark-skinned protagonists.

• Bigby e.e

CathalOHara posted: »

Speaking of Back to the Future, I don't really know why but I think Jesse looks a bit like how Marty McFly looked at the end of the first fi

• TFTB and GOT werent dark at all. All of them (Except Rodrik) cracked jokes etc.

• edited September 2015

Well black comedy such as face peeling from Rhys and Fiona pulling an eye out with a spoon. Action scenes, Rhys jamming his stun baton into the eye of a bandit and Fiona snapping the neck August's goons.

And don't say you haven't witness Ethan cutting off a man's fingers. Mira killing a guard. Asher violently delivered a swam of death. Gared tortures Britt. Rodrik maiming Gryff's eye.

I am not saying dark protagonist means that they are dark and brooding. I mean that these characters are dark because they does dark stuff. But hey even through they are dark, they can still crack jokes. Even Rodrik too, if you remember the scene in episode 2 where Maester told him about reminding Eleana about being a man and he said it was never in question in a joking manner. :)

TFTB and GOT werent dark at all. All of them (Except Rodrik) cracked jokes etc.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.