Is it okay to rewind if I misunderstood the decision?

edited September 2015 in Game Of Thrones

At the end of episode 5 I thought that the person who "stays behind" would hold the gate open while the other brother went to fight the Whitehill soldiers. I chose to leave Asher and have Rodrik fight the soldiers, but then I realize I chose to sacrifice Asher! Is it okay for me to rewind and leave Rodrik behind, considering that's what I would have done if I understood the decision the first time?

Thanks for any constructive feedback, this is really stressing me out because I don't want to feel "cheated" in the finale.

Comments

• ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

...just kidding. Sure, if you rewind just from misunderstanding and not from deliberately going back on your choice, that would seem like a genuine reason to do so.

• edited September 2015

It's just such a huge decision to go back on. On one hand if I stick with Asher dying I will feel the legitimate TTG regret in the finale. Plus it is such a GRRM thing to happen. On the other hand if I rewind I will actually get to play as the Lord that I want to in the finale.

I really don't know.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! ...just kidding. Sure, if you rewind just from misunderstanding and not from deliberately going back on your choice, that would seem like a genuine reason to do so.

• Yeah man. It's your game, you can rewind for any reason you like, even if it's just because you didn't like the outcome or you want to see how it plays out if you make a different choice.

But if you're trying to play through where you live with your decisions, no matter the outcome, yes, I think it is totally fine to rewind if you didnt understand the choice you were making and thought you were choosing for something else entirely. It is a genuine misunderstanding of the situation and what you thought you were deciding.

You are absolved.

makes cross in air in front of you

• edited September 2015

bends the knee
    "Thank you, father"

But yeah I definitely meant for Rodrik to go fight the advancing soldiers, since he was recovered and Asher had just been wounded. And going into the episode I told myself I would sacrifice Rodrik to save somebody if I had to.

cussbunny posted: »

Yeah man. It's your game, you can rewind for any reason you like, even if it's just because you didn't like the outcome or you want to see h

• Two words...

[Glass Him]

• edited September 2015

Edit: Now I remember rewinding on this decision too...

Two words... [Glass Him]

• Am I the only person that knew right away that [Glass Him] literally meant take the glass and hit him with it?

Two words... [Glass Him]

• Nope

Am I the only person that knew right away that [Glass Him] literally meant take the glass and hit him with it?

• No, and the first time I heard that some people thought it meant [Toast Him], I was genuinely surprised enough people would come to that conclusion for it to even be a thing.

Am I the only person that knew right away that [Glass Him] literally meant take the glass and hit him with it?

• Are you kidding dude? IF you do that then Telltale will flag your account and all future episodes will be delayed by 2 months!!!!

• I know I just couldn't cope with a lifetime ban

Wigams posted: »

Are you kidding dude? IF you do that then Telltale will flag your account and all future episodes will be delayed by 2 months!!!!

• Of course. You do you.

• No! I can't believe so many people thought they'd give him a glass :D. When I first heard I was like "Seriously...?"

• Nope. I also fully understood that [Glass Him] meant smash him in the face with a glass.

• I mean I've always been against going back and doing choices because I think the first play through should stick, but that doesn't mean you have to. You can do what you want to. That being said, I'd still probably go back and change that one because you thought it was the other way around and you were trying to have Asher survive. That seems pretty alright.

• You would have left me :(?
    Just make sure Asher BURNS HIGHTPOINT TO THE FUCKING GROUND!

bends the knee "Thank you, father" But yeah I definitely meant for Rodrik to go fight the advancing soldiers, since he was recovered and

• Sorry Roddy, I just feel like I made some really bad decisions as him and it was his time to redeem himself!

And yes, my plan since the end of episode 1 has been for Asher to return with a vengeance.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

You would have left me ? Just make sure Asher BURNS HIGHTPOINT TO THE FUCKING GROUND!

• At first I also thought that one would hold the gate so the others can come from under the gate with the ironwood shields blocking the arrowes but it wernt to be. I picked Asher to stay behing and stuck by my decision but poor beskha. POOR POOR BESKHA

I mean I've always been against going back and doing choices because I think the first play through should stick, but that doesn't mean you

• Yup same thing happened with me, except once I realized Asher was a goner and Beshka's reaction I rewound.

What is your reasoning for sticking to this choice, even though you misunderstood? I'm torn between sticking with my mistake and fixing it

At first I also thought that one would hold the gate so the others can come from under the gate with the ironwood shields blocking the arrow

• The reason for me not rewinding was because after it finished I thought about the love triangle. If Rodrik's alive he can quick marey Elena and annihilate the whithills. Whearas Asher he would probably be against hurting Gwen by killing her family and no extra army

Yup same thing happened with me, except once I realized Asher was a goner and Beshka's reaction I rewound. What is your reasoning for sticking to this choice, even though you misunderstood? I'm torn between sticking with my mistake and fixing it

• Gotcha. I would still choose Asher, it's just been my plan the whole series basically. My Asher is a changed man who doesn't love Gwyn anymore; he won't hesitate to demolish the Whitehills.

Everyone keeps bringing the Glenmores into it but I think Elaena will work to avenge Rodrik's death.

The reason for me not rewinding was because after it finished I thought about the love triangle. If Rodrik's alive he can quick marey Elena

• Of course it's okay. I don't understand why you'd bother with what others have to say on your decision to rewind or not. You paid for your game, you're free to play it like you fucking want, do whatever brings you enjoyment.

• Yh of course we know that its just so you feel like the gameplay is yours that's why the story is tailored to how you play. Sure you can make a new save file or rewind to see the funny parts, but that's after you play the game YOUR WAY.

I ain't preaching that you have to do this cuz I said so just that I'm saying why he feels bad about rewinding. He can rewind by all means do just yeah.. What I said before

Of course it's okay. I don't understand why you'd bother with what others have to say on your decision to rewind or not. You paid for your game, you're free to play it like you fucking want, do whatever brings you enjoyment.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.