Female or Male Jesse

So now that you heard both actors ingame which one did you like more? I started with Female Jesse and her voice is so cute. I didnt like Male Jesse voice so much. Gimme your opinions! :D

Comments

• edited October 2015

I played with Female Jesse (even tho I'm a male) and watched a playthrough with Male Jesse.

I prefered Female Jesse voice acting (Male Jesse was awesome too).

• edited October 2015

I went with the default male Jesse that they keep showing in the trailers, I always find myself going with the default character when a game gives a choice

• You cant go wrong with default Commander Shepard.

enter image description here

Poogers555 posted: »

I went with the default male Jesse that they keep showing in the trailers, I always find myself going with the default character when a game gives a choice

• I would choose Male Jesse cause his voice seems more capable for the plot.

• I played both,
    I prefer the female Jesse. The lines were captured better and fits more with the adventerous storyline.
    Though, I did initialy started with Male default Jesse. He just.. wasn't too akward/dorkish enough and came across rather neutral and bland due to that. Female Jesse sounds adventerous and that's why I played her like that too.

• My head canon is going to be male version 2 Jesse. I don't mind his voice, I actually like it. He sounds badass when he needs to sound badass. Such as when he threatened a butcher with a sword for holding Reuben.

But female Jesse is the most pleasing to listen to. I love Catherine Taber. :)

• edited October 2015

I think both performances of male and female Jesse are great, but I vote for the female Jesse, because I prefer her voice more than male Jesse.

• I prefer female Jesse. In my opinion Catherine Taber does a great job (even though I love Patton Oswalt performance in the game too) when it comes to witty responses.

• I went with default Jesse and Patton did a pretty damn good job. I can't wait to try Female Jesse (once achievements start working on Steam).

• I prefer playing as a guy, so I went with green-eyed Jessie. I like the voice acting so far, he sounded pretty fierce when I threatened the butcher to give my pig back.

• Definitely like the female version better, though the male one is good too ^-^

• I like the female Jesse's voice better, yet I feel as though the male Jesse is a lot better at portraying the dorky "awkward" sound in his voice. In my opinion, Catherine Taber did a great job, but her voice doesn't fit in the part of Jesse nearly as well as Patton Oswalt.)

• I've only played Female Jesse so far, but I really like Catherine Taber's performance. I'm just somewhat unnerved by how much she sounds like Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender... It makes me slightly more inclined to go for the mean dialogue options...

• I really love the female version of Jesse, her voice is really good. :D

• It was probably a budget decision to make actual dialogue lines and response choices same between two gender variations.

Then again it's also believable too. Real world has females who act like males, males that act like females and more. So it's not really a minus point.

• I played the male one with the black shirt, he was okay.

• Male because PATTON OSWALT!!!!

I had no idea he was the VA until I chose my first dialogue option. So awesome. I keep expecting Jesse to say "Charmaine"

• I absolutely love the female voice actor's interpretation of Jesse.

• I love the female Voice actor's voice, but I love the design for male Jesse.

I'd probably have to go with male Jesse.

• Just had to do Male Jesse because of Patton Oswalts beautiful voice.

• Not a fan of female Jesse. I prefer male Jesse.

• I like Female Jesse better. Loved the design and the voice. Very fitting.

• Yeah, I wouldn't really expect anything to change except the look of the character.

Clord posted: »

It was probably a budget decision to make actual dialogue lines and response choices same between two gender variations. Then again it's

• I didn't find design of male Jesse appealing, and I think female character better suits the story.

• Girl Jesse. 1. Lukesse 4 life! 2. I am a girl lol But I like playing as both. They both are awesome!! :3

• Went with female Jesse for my 1st/main game. I'm planing on playing as both twice though.

• Much like with Sheperd in Mass Effect, FemJess is clearly superior.

• edited May 2016

For me i choose male Jesse instead of Female Jesse (i'm not sexist ._. ,i usually choose the Female characters in all the games like Black ops 3,and i'm a girl :p)

1st: the male voice fits Jesse's personality and the facials,the Female Jesse voice is too.... I don't know ._. And i don't feel the facials expressions in her voice.

2st. I saw male Jesse in the Minecon trailer.

3st , The Female voice is kinda annoying for me :v .

But her design is.......Awesome :'D and fits the personality :3~~~ well if she don't have lipstick...

Catherine tabler awesome roles in other Games ,F!Jesse's voice is good but not perfect.she do better works before :V

• My Jesse is genderfluid.

• I really like Catherine Taber's performance. So glad I picked female Jesse. :P

• I like both. Although female Jesse is more adorable looking. :)

• Male Jesse for me (I started with this one). I've tried playing as Female Jesse a few times but I never liked her as much as I love Male Jesse. I just don't like FJesse's voice, and I absolutely HATE her lips. Her design's kinda cute though.

• Argh! Jesus!

enter image description here

WalkerHH93 posted: »

You cant go wrong with default Commander Shepard.

• enter image description here

Male Jesse for me (I started with this one). I've tried playing as Female Jesse a few times but I never liked her as much as I love Male Jesse. I just don't like FJesse's voice, and I absolutely HATE her lips. Her design's kinda cute though.

• I watch playthroughs, so I can't really say I play as either, but if I had to pick, Female Jesse. I'm more familiar with Male Jesse's voice actor's work, but I think Female Jesse delivers a lot of lines better, and it's the closest I have to an agender-presenting voice.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.