Linux/SteamOS Port

2»

Comments

• To say that I was interested in this would not be as accurate as saying that I frothed slightly at the mouth at this. Yes -please-. Email on its way!!

• I even found it weird Telltale was not releasing The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones etc. on Linux at the time. This is great news! Now with the Steam Machines and Ubuntu operating systems more and more games are coming out on these platforms. Telltale should not be lacking behind. It HAS to happen. :)

• Hey, that is a great idea. There are folk out there with just Linux machines and don't have a dedicated gaming box. If the effort is minimal, then go for it.

• Yes!!!! I have a Steam Machine and I'm a huge TellTale Games fan! Ya gotta make a port or something!

• Curious how this port is doing. Anywhere close to a verdict about how feasible it is to maintain in the long-run?

• We too are interested in Linux based games... would be willing to do Beta testing, especially with Minecraft games.

• I'm totally interested in this, e-mail is sent! :)

• I have SteamOS and another laptop has linux running. I am very interested.

• I would love to participate and be part of the telltale experience on linux/steam os

• Yes please!!!!! Willing to participate in close beta.

• edited January 2016

M'kay

• Any progress? Is it getting too expensive to do the port, or is it coming along just fine?

• Would definitely like to participate in a beta.

• YES! I have been looking for walking dead Linux port on Steam every once in a while, but no luck. Sign me up for beta testing or whatever.

• Yes! I am glad to hear that you want to work on linux. Been looking forward for a port of TWD and TWAU. I hope you can convince the team to dedicate a few ppl to a linux port. Count me in for the beta, if you want I mean :). My PC's specs: Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS; Nvidia GTX 560ti; CPU: AMD phenom II x4 955 @ 3.2 Ghz.

• Hey there. I enjoyed Sam n Max Season 1 and was happy to see The Humble Telltale bundle.
    But since there are more games under Linux than I have currently time playing, I would only buy a Linux version.
    So yeah, as soon as there are Linux-version I will buy, even if I have to pay more than the Humble Bundle.

• dbrady: any news/progress?

• Yes, just received the HIB mailing and see the TTG games... unfortunately, I won't buy any game until a linux version would be released to regard the development effort once the game will be released. I have several TTG and I love them, but if we buy even more games, the developers won't see a cent once they release the linux port.

So... @dbrady, do you have any news about the engine port?

sveinelo posted: »

dbrady: any news/progress?

• edited May 2016

Even I enjoyed Sam n Max Season 1

• edited June 2016

Hi,

I am probably very late to respond. I can help with testing the game too.
    My PC Specs: Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit, Intel® Core™ i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz × 12 , GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2

• Hi, any updates about this? It would be nice to hear something, anything. There have been no updates at all since the original post.

• Please release a Linux version! I can't believe anything Minecraft-related won't run on Linux. Linux was the original platform for Minecraft. Any news on this front?

• A long long time ago (October, 2013) kevbru posted this:

SteamOS and Steam Machines look really cool! We pride ourselves on how many platforms we support and are adding new ones all the time (Ouya most recently). We'll of course support the next gen consoles from Sony and MS, and I'm sure we'll add more Android support in the future. Steam and Linux are on the radar, but perhaps a little further out.

I used to buy games from Telltale. However, I have dumped Windows (and Wine) altogether a few years ago. Nowadays, good games similar to The Walking Dead are running natively on Linux, like Life is Strange.

Still hoping on "a little further out" to be very soon, since I have been waiting on Telltale for almost three years...Can't Telltale hook up with Feral Interactive instead of being so Linux-fobic with their new games? They will win me back as a customer that way.

• edited November 2016

I had the hope they released Batman with Linux support, because they released the game with a newer engine, but doesn't seem so... Yes, if they consider linux gamers aren't a niche great enough to invest, despite their own words, they could contact Feral or Aspyr, who make their live with this niche. Everyone would win!

Oet posted: »

A long long time ago (October, 2013) kevbru posted this: SteamOS and Steam Machines look really cool! We pride ourselves on how many p

• Helllo!
    I would like to see games from Telltale released on Linux!
    Hopefully you don't abandon Linux ports.

• Hate to break it to you but they no longer care about this. They even ditched their loyal mac users with the new games because it just wasn't profitable to them which is pretty disturbing.

Pepes posted: »

Helllo! I would like to see games from Telltale released on Linux! Hopefully you don't abandon Linux ports.

This discussion has been closed.