The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• So I've got a presentation that was due in at the end of last term, but the teacher gave me an extension on it because the student I'm working with wasn't there, nor did he send me any of the work he'd done. Over the holidays, I sent him a ton of reminders over Facebook that we needed to be ready by the end of the holidays. And guess what? He didn't show up for most of the first week of school, and the teacher understands that he still hasn't sent me the presentation. I'm considering just telling the teacher to give us a crap score, because I'd really rather move on from this thing and focus on other stuff.

• Sorry to hear that, I know what it feels like to be the one to do all the work when it comes to group projects, you expect the others to try and put in the same effort, but they just don't follow through. It's shit like this that makes it harder and harder to continuously trust and rely on others.

So I've got a presentation that was due in at the end of last term, but the teacher gave me an extension on it because the student I'm worki

• I don't think he's lied about doing the work. He's not lazy or anything. He's got really bad stage fright, and I think he's just pretty scared of standing in front of people even though I'll be doing most of the talking. I've always been anxious on stage, but the guy I'm working with can't actually make himself talk (we did a debate in front of our class last year, and he couldn't speak in front of the group).

I honestly think it's just the pressure of standing up in front of people that will judge you for everything you do. It's gotten to me before, so I can't imagine what it's like for him.

Sorry to hear that, I know what it feels like to be the one to do all the work when it comes to group projects, you expect the others to try

• enter image description here

Not this again!

There's this chick on Youtube that fucks dogs for pleasure.

• edited April 2016

Some day, I'm going to pay for my own tap dancing lessons and be the best god damn tap dancer I can be! :D

• edited April 2016

I have no actual friends rn. Only one high school pal that goes to the same college.

I'm so boring.

420th post. VAPENATION!!!

Okay, I can see why I'm friendless.

• edited April 2016

Not everyone's a social butterfly. Don't worry you won't find true friends in high school anyway, most people go their ways after it ends, you'll probably never see them again. In my experience the best friends are met online, long distance friendships are stronger.

Edit: Seems like I misunderstood your comment a little bit, sorry about that.

I have no actual friends rn. Only one high school pal that goes to the same college. I'm so boring. 420th post. VAPENATION!!! Okay, I can see why I'm friendless.

• I now own a plaster replica of my teeth.

(was done for a mouth guard and I guess the dentist felt I would like them)

• Might come in handy if I ever go missing. It's just too bad that I wouldn't be there to see the response from the police. "Well, this... is oddly helpful".

Johro posted: »

I now own a plaster replica of my teeth. (was done for a mouth guard and I guess the dentist felt I would like them)

• edited April 2016

Have you ever seen people who seem so cool and you want to get to know them and be their friend? It doesn't even have to be real life, could just be this forum. It's a weird feeling, and you just don't know how to approach them, what if they don't want to talk to me? What if they'll reject me?

Weird little rant I know.

• In real life probably, but I notice some "cool" people here on the forums being major dicks, so... I mostly stay away from them.

Have you ever seen people who seem so cool and you want to get to know them and be their friend? It doesn't even have to be real life, could

• By cool I meant nice and friendly.

In real life probably, but I notice some "cool" people here on the forums being major dicks, so... I mostly stay away from them.

• And lo, from the ashes, arisest thou.

BigBlindMax posted: »

I'm unbanned. No more personal beefs. X_X

• Jesus took 3 days to come back, I only took 12 hours. Suck it Jesus!

And lo, from the ashes, arisest thou.

• Ha, good man!

Jesus took 3 days to come back, I only took 12 hours. Suck it Jesus!

• Me and my friend are the nerds, DND LARP, (=-=) dang I am a so nerdy...

I have no actual friends rn. Only one high school pal that goes to the same college. I'm so boring. 420th post. VAPENATION!!! Okay, I can see why I'm friendless.

• In real life I am a funny smartass

By cool I meant nice and friendly.

• oh google is nice

oh no she didn't

• ;))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

lottii-lu posted: »

hOW DARE YOU

• Yeah I use the Flapjack on my scout

I don't think that shirt really goes with a lot of Scout's other cosmetics, but still, congrats on the cosmetic drop!

• Better to be a dork IMO. :)

In real life probably, but I notice some "cool" people here on the forums being major dicks, so... I mostly stay away from them.

• Same, especially when I first joined. That said, the ice usually broke eventually and I'm pretty cool with those that are still here.

Have you ever seen people who seem so cool and you want to get to know them and be their friend? It doesn't even have to be real life, could

• I'd say more "covering the tour" than "in AC/DC" at this point. I have the feeling this kind of thing is going to happen more and more to those 80s bands that are still touring.

It's official, Axl Rose is in AC/DC: https://www.yahoo.com/music/ac-dc-confirm-axl-rose-lead-singer-joining-024600068-rolling-stone.html

• Hey @BigBlindMax, I got a fun fact for you:

http://www.prisonstudies.org/highest-to-lowest/prison_population_rate?field_region_taxonomy_tid=All&=Apply

The Seychelles has a higher imprisonment percentage than America, although there's reasons why. But still, an interesting fact nonetheless.

• Famous people get this all the time. Thousands to millions of fanboys and fangirls feel they relate so much to their stage personality that they feel they're already connected. At least in that case, there's a reasonable explanation on why your love letters go unanswered or get a form letter reply.

(Side note: Firefox has no problem with fanboys but flags fangirls as a misspelling. Should that be amusing or offensive? Never mind, I'm easily amused.)

Where was I? Oh yeah, usually coolness is not the best trait in a friend, because you want to see that person as a peer, not as someone to be impressed by. What's better is relatability. Can you relate to this person, do you have a lot of interests in common, etc.?

If that person rejects you, it could be some problem in that person's life rather than some problem with you. I know I rejected some people in high school just because I had too much going on or wasn't ready for what that other person wanted. Just take it as an "Oh well" and try again with someone else.

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited April 2016

Damn Seychelles, at it again with the mass incarceration! Was there an attempted coup or something? Bastards stole our spot!

Ah well, they'll be underwater in a few years anyway.

Hey @BigBlindMax, I got a fun fact for you: http://www.prisonstudies.org/highest-to-lowest/prison_population_rate?field_region_taxonomy_t

• enter image description here

...Motherfucker

• Ironic because I believe 'stupidest' isn't a correct form - should be 'most stupid'.

...Motherfucker

• Bunch of coup attempts, but it's piracy mostly.

It's funny, the rate of people imprisoned is higher than the number of people actually imprisoned in the Seychelles.

Damn Seychelles, at it again with the mass incarceration! Was there an attempted coup or something? Bastards stole our spot! Ah well, they'll be underwater in a few years anyway.

• shot op m8 grade is the shit

...Motherfucker

• Only a few more weeks till school ends - then three months of YouTube , bike riding , and no more math homework.

• IT'S HAPPENING

enter image description here

Only a few more weeks till school ends - then three months of YouTube , bike riding , and no more math homework.

• Welcome back from the void.

I'm unbanned. No more personal beefs. X_X

• Fuck math.

Only a few more weeks till school ends - then three months of YouTube , bike riding , and no more math homework.

• Goin' to New York for the summer. :)

Can't wait for that shit!

• That sound so cool!

Goin' to New York for the summer. Can't wait for that shit!

• Has anyone on this forum had any encounters with @isaac1207zeede?

• Never heard of him.

Has anyone on this forum had any encounters with @isaac1207zeede?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.