The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I'm not even sure. I was on the seats at the back of the bus so I couldn't see clearly.

Ah shit bro, hope you're not shaken up too bad. Hope the lorry drivers better. What caused the accident?

• And the reply above me is the answer to your question.

joriandrake posted: »

Well, I think cats have nine lives, how many do wolves?

• minecraft minecraft minecraft what about me clem huh

By the time we know it, it'll already be 2017. Each year seems to go quicker than the last.

• What have you been smoking?

SweetDee posted: »

minecraft minecraft minecraft what about me clem huh

• "I Dream Of Lee" by TheWalkingJewfreeus is the best version!

"Skinny dipping in a sea of Lee!" is one of my favorite lyrics of all time. Right up there with "Bust a nut in their eye, so they see my comin'."

• edited August 2016

i'm gonna announce this now because i'm so hyped for season 3, but i'm working on a season 3 playlist

enter image description here

it's only got three songs on for now and i probably won't publish it until season 3 is finished - aka when i have a better title, description and cover - but yeah i'm so hyped that i'm already working on this when i was supposed to when the game actually comes out

• I'm on everthang

What have you been smoking?

• enter image description here

G O D H A S C O M E T O R E A P T H E S I N N E R S

• ???

SweetDee posted: »

minecraft minecraft minecraft what about me clem huh

• I found an adorable mini Optimus Prime on SketchFab https://sketchfab.com/models/d8224070f5fd4e608b3f12b433218b63#

• Wait, is he shipping the tasty marinated piece of Sweet Sue's Whole Canned Chicken? Because he sent me this picture and it looks delicious as fuck so far. That can only be a good sign.

Sweet Sue's Whole Canned Chicken

dojo32161 posted: »

Just let it marinate for a bit and see how it goes before shipping.

• edited August 2016

My had a little quirk today. My knowledge of PC hardware is fairly good. I've built computers and fixed issues before, but perhaps someone with a bit more of an extensive knowledge could provide some insight. I don't know why this is happening and it's probably something really stupid that I'm overlooking being already stressed.

Any way. I put a new SSD in my build(eventual cloning planned, we'll call this E drive) and I didn't have enough SATA slots so I took one from a storage drive I was using(D drive). Boot up... went straight to UEFI. Chose to boot from C drive(SSD with Windows)... went back to UEFI. I then switched the drives around so even the natural default boot order would put C first... back to UEFI. I then pulled out the new SSD(E drive)...booted to UEFI. So I plugged my storage drive back in(D)... booted normally again.

There is nothing on that D drive that the PC needs and there should be no reason that was part of the issue(the drive itself was from an older build, so it has a locked out version of windows and is just drive space). I'll add that the new SSD was recognised in the BIOS as a drive, so it's not defective as far as I know. Now, the only solution I can think of right now is to accomplish the cloning objective via usb, which I need to get a cable for.

Any thought?
    It was just very odd that it outright refused to boot from C drive as long as E was connected and D wasn't.

• The BIOS is used to the drives it has and needs to be informed if you switch things around? (Step through the menu.) Just a guess. I haven't dealt with multiple drives in a system since parallel ATA, and I know that's more of a pain than SATA.

Johro posted: »

My had a little quirk today. My knowledge of PC hardware is fairly good. I've built computers and fixed issues before, but perhaps someone

• Well, I now have proof that school is back in session. I stopped at a red traffic light in front of a high school, and a hundred teenage girls started running at me! OK, actually, it turns out they were running at the intersection, as they now had a green light and wanted to get their whole group across the street in one go, so they were running in a packed formation.

It was a bit surreal.

• Hey, I'm almost done watching all the episodes of Batman: TAS. Just 7 more episodes.

After I finish Batman: TAS, should I also watch TAOBAR or TNBA?

• edited August 2016

The BIOS did recognise the changes, with both drives and slots in the correct configuration. It's just weird how it would not boot from the primary SSD.

It's a possibility I need to deal with the setup first since I have never run dual SSDs in one build before. Always just the necessary SSD for performance and HD for storage. Hard Drives, I've always been able to physically install and then deal with software. Perhaps it's different with SSDs. In which case, I'll still need that damn cable first.

WarpSpeed posted: »

The BIOS is used to the drives it has and needs to be informed if you switch things around? (Step through the menu.) Just a guess. I haven't dealt with multiple drives in a system since parallel ATA, and I know that's more of a pain than SATA.

• Isn't TAOBAR the title of TAS after a season and a bit? Or is this a different series? Otherwise it's the same show.

TNBA is worth a look. Some liked it, some didn't. It wasn't quite as polarizing as Batman Beyond was for fans. It was more of a situation where they promoted the series as a continuation a year or so later and it not being quite the same.

Hey, I'm almost done watching all the episodes of Batman: TAS. Just 7 more episodes. After I finish Batman: TAS, should I also watch TAOBAR or TNBA?

• Thanks. I'm doing okay now. I was more sad the day it happened.

Sorry to hear that, man. It always sucks to lose a pet. Hope you're feeling alright.

• Thanks. I'm happy that I was able to play and make the kitten happy, though.

That sounds really awful. Sorry to hear that things turned out that way.

• NO. NOOOOOOOOOO

Hey @ChucktheLizard, look at this!

• God damn it.

So it seems like season 3 of Fargo isn't happening this year. I am butthurt.

• If I ever go to a comic con I wanna go as Qrow

• enter image description here

fam what is this

G O D H A S C O M E T O R E A P T H E S I N N E R S

• No google + allowed here no no

Wolfenus54 posted: »

fam what is this

• that dank weed

What have you been smoking?

• you mean when season 3 has emotionally killed you and you can add proper sad songs

lottii-lu posted: »

i'm gonna announce this now because i'm so hyped for season 3, but i'm working on a season 3 playlist it's only got three songs on fo

• If you replace "hero" with "Hiroshima", there are some terrible song lyrics out there.

• When someone says it's not long till it's Autumn/Fall...

• edited August 2016

[removed]

• I know, I was just messing around/playing along, fam. :>

Also, why did you say "kys"? Is it because I have a Leafy avatar on Twitter (AKA Twatter)? xD

ly really

• Drinking bleach, just end it all!!!!!

Also I know of this leafy dude but only the bad stuff

I know, I was just messing around/playing along, fam. :> Also, why did you say "kys"? Is it because I have a Leafy avatar on Twitter (AKA Twatter)? xD

• I can't end my life with bleach, since it's my favorite drink (especially Clorox, though, that shit's good).

Oh... well, his content is satire, so I'm not surprised if you heard bad things about him.

Drinking bleach, just end it all!!!!! Also I know of this leafy dude but only the bad stuff

• Hey, do you think TWD S3 will be better then S1? (I actually haven't played S2 yet but I've heard its not as good as S1)

• We have absolutely no way to know. Just wait and see I guess.

Acheive250 posted: »

Hey, do you think TWD S3 will be better then S1? (I actually haven't played S2 yet but I've heard its not as good as S1)

• Time to dust off my old music video making skills. Haven't done this since high school. xD

• Ah, I started my channel during all of the Google+ bullshit of 2014 so I had to get G+ in order to use YouTube. Trust me, I fuckin' hate the service and I never use it. I just still get notifications from it.

fam what is this

• soooooo happy :)

enter image description here enter image description here

• Hmm, I'm missing a clip for my music video... Oh well, I can look for it later and type out my CoD4 Modern Warfare review (this is a single player experience btw, I never played multiplayer). This one was hard to figure out on how to review so I decided to focus mostly on what defined it.

Story

The story was simple and straightforward but satisfying. Given that this was given a multi-first person style of story telling, I say it did well in telling the story and made sure it gave us the important details on several perspectives. Switching between as a new SAS soldier taking part of a his first major battles, to being the president of Afghanistan witnessing the destruction of his government's collapse, to a long standing Marine on a manhunt, to an SAS captain's significant tale many years ago that would influence the present. All handled well. Much like the progression and occasional plot twists that rocked the core of what would come to be next. A simple manhunt of a Ultranationalist leader that leads to a massive tragedy of 30 000 Marines to finding a ghost and stopping him from costing billions of lives in retaliation of his son's death. A very solid story.

Favourite Moments

The bombing that costs 30 000 Marines was a definitely a twist that left me shocked when I first played it years ago. Dying slowly from wounds and radiation. The simple shock it gave was enough to remember.

Many of the moments that are calm and quite (that involved the SAS), sneaking through enemy territories only to end up in a massive gunfight were one of my favs.

The manhunt segments on Al-Asad, pushing through the city streets were also very memorable along with the Boat mission and the final several missions in Russia involving Zahkaev and the missiles.

Characters

Very simple characters, a bit generic but easy to identify with their designs, story and dialogue. There's not much to say with little character development. Although I did enjoy the characters Captain Price (his determination and out-looking to his whole team), Gaz (his witty remarks), Zahkaev (when his son died and he became vengeful he became a bit more interesting), and Griggs (guy with a 'tude cliché). Characters were never the strong point of CoD but they have remotely satisfying characters here and there.

Atmosphere

What I liked the most was the atmosphere in the game. It vastly changes between many segments, from eerie and displaced (a good example is Chernobyl) to confused and chaotic (a good example is spawning right in a battlefield during the day time of where you once defended War Pig) to cold and tense (first infiltrating Russia to stop Zakhaev). The atmosphere captures the moments well and often swallowed me into it.

Combat

Well choreographed. Each battle was thought out often very well and tried it's best to create new battle most of the time. Some battles can appear too similar but that's not too much of a big deal.

Gameplay

Very tight controls with the game forcing you to always pay attention to your surroundings. I like that you can change the experience a bit by messing up or using an alternative tactic. Can be a little glitch however, like an enemy NPC would sometimes freeze and if you get close and don't pay attention, you'll get insta-killed which is bullshit.

Rating

7.5/10 Not the greatest story and characters, but enjoyable none the less. A good pick-up-and-play game.

• So after only 2 vents within the period of 12 hours, and then getting hostile for no reason/hostile to people who don't deserve it, I think I need to stay away from the vent thread for a few months. I shouldn't have outlets to rant anymore, whether it's unhealthy or not. I get way too fired up when I'm pissed off about something, and giving me an outlet to rant isn't helpful at all. It's better to keep it bottled up and release it in the form of creative energy.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.