The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I played everbodys gone the rapture all day yesterday to get the platinum, the game is beautiful and relaxing I was wearing headphones and the sounds are amazing, I was so immersed it was great. After pinging the plat I made a cup of tea turned off the lights, kept my headphones on and booted up the resident evil demo oh my god what a mistake ive never felt so awful the dark creepy house with the scary surround sounds in my ears was a complete shock to my senses after the beautiful village of yaughton and after encountering the new surprise I just couldn't hack it anymore I felt so anxious and ill I had to turn it off my heart wouldn't stop pounding for ages.

By the way I love horror and I dont usually puss out but that was a horrible experience.

• edited December 2016

"Gotta get on the Telltale forums to tell everyone about this!"

Seriously though. Get to a hospital.

Welp. All of my inhalers are empty and I'm having an asthma attack. GG life. GG.

• Pro tip for travelers:

When you find yourself in a strange place, surrounded by strange people and you can't understand a word they say;
    Sometimes you just have to remove the duct tape.

• Not bad for a first quick colouring thingy. Trying to make seasonal stuff atm

• Am I the only one who actually loved this movie? Call me a monster but I loved this movie more than The Dark Knight.

"Raises the shield"

Favorite Search for the Worst episode right here.

• You and your comments.

Johro posted: »

Pro tip for travelers: When you find yourself in a strange place, surrounded by strange people and you can't understand a word they say; Sometimes you just have to remove the duct tape.

• I so bad want to play Uncharted and The Last Of Us, Never seen them and never played them. There is just one problem... I only have a pc

• Did you make it?

Welp. All of my inhalers are empty and I'm having an asthma attack. GG life. GG.

• I'm sorry.

I so bad want to play Uncharted and The Last Of Us, Never seen them and never played them. There is just one problem... I only have a pc

• One would expect to find the Bastille Day massacre on Nice and the Turkey attempted coup on this compilation along with the result of the US elections.

• edited December 2016

I'm not a big fan of the Dead Rising series, but even I'm a little baffled at how the fourth game has turned out while I was skimming through the YouTube walk-through videos.

The fourth game looks as if it wants to appeal to a wider and more casual gaming audience, while sacrificing what made Dead Rising unique to other sandbox zombie apocalyptic games. The developers had even claimed that "they're going back to the roots of the series", and yet the latest game makes almost no resemblance to the original at all, and could easily pass for a completely different game altogether.

There's a mock review that contains many frustrated gamers on the comment section, and I honestly don't blame them for feeling this way.

• i cant seem to access the forums from a ps4 right now did the site get updated again?

• Aw yeeaaaah! Good news for a change! Work has stopped on the a Standing Rock section of the Dakota Access Pipeline and it might be re-routed

They've suffered hypothermia, brutal attacks from police and corporate thugs and (until recently) a total media blackout, but it seems direct action finally got the goods, even if it's just a temporary victory. Hopefully this doesn't breed complacency, as the fight is likely to continue once the Trumpster is in office.

• Looks like The Last Guardian, the game which has been in development for 9 years, turns out to be a let down because of the annoying controls and stupid camera angles.

• Yeah, I'm fine. I had to sit down and take a few minutes, but I felt better and I went to sleep. It was a long night last night.

BigBlindMax posted: »

Did you make it?

• I've had asthma since I was born, dealing with this bullshit for 17 years desensitizes you to it. I'm alright.

lupinb0y posted: »

"Gotta get on the Telltale forums to tell everyone about this!" Seriously though. Get to a hospital.

• I think it's more that Batman Vs Superman actually does have elements of a good movie in it. If you fix the other problems the elements are there. Sadly, Suicide Squad does not.

Not that I've seen either BvS or Suicide Squad, but I was surprised to see he hated Suicide Squad more than BvS. BvS reeked of DC trying to

• I respect your opinion, and that is all I wish to say.

AronDracula posted: »

Am I the only one who actually loved this movie? Call me a monster but I loved this movie more than The Dark Knight. "Raises the shield"

• What?

Aw yeeaaaah! Good news for a change! Work has stopped on the a Standing Rock section of the Dakota Access Pipeline and it might be re-rout

• "How does one get into video game acting? Wait for me and Nolan North to die" - Troy Baker, The Game Awards 2k15

• I never cared for it either.

RichWalk23 posted: »

I'm not a big fan of the Dead Rising series, but even I'm a little baffled at how the fourth game has turned out while I was skimming throug

• The GotG subforum is up now.

• edited December 2016

I do love fairy tails ost

• You're seriously going to call a game shit based on control and camera flaws? Sonic Adventure has one of the worst cameras in video game history and is still regarded as the best Sonic game. Silent Hill 2 has some flawed controls and outdated tank controls and that game is regarded as one of the most important games of all time. The Last Guardian is fine, and anyone who thinks it's a complete let down because of two frustrating things is lying to themselves tbh.

Looks like The Last Guardian, the game which has been in development for 9 years, turns out to be a let down because of the annoying controls and stupid camera angles.

• Well... that's not untrue.

papai46 posted: »

"How does one get into video game acting? Wait for me and Nolan North to die" - Troy Baker, The Game Awards 2k15

• I don't hate this movie, but that's only because it didn't leave an impression on me at all, it was just, there. Incoherent with boring characters. And the music was like "Hey guys, we're using all this awesome music you like, are we cool now?" I never though I would call a soundtrack tryharding. I like some of the songs they used, but I didn't fit. And I agree with Alex on the hand-turning scene.

Favorite Search for the Worst episode right here.

• From what I've heard and read, it doesn't seem to be that big of a problem. I'm still buying it.

Looks like The Last Guardian, the game which has been in development for 9 years, turns out to be a let down because of the annoying controls and stupid camera angles.

• enter image description here

"You should skip it"

That's something you could put on the game's box.

• Feeling amused after recently complaining about MMX only to see him not only appear in the MvC trailer, but also find out that there’s a Rockman X novelization on the way. I'll be sure to complain more often

• edited December 2016

As someone who's a fan of DC, I'm worried for this new Injustice game coming out. Don't get me wrong, Iv'e played both Mortal Kombat and Injustice and I enjoyed them. But I'm worried about some of it's flaws.

1. To start off, I'm afraid that they will put in stupid micro-transactions like they did in the previous games. In Mortal Kombat X they made a stupid unlock everything chest so that you can unlock everything without earning coins, which feels lazy and stupid when you can earn the things you need on your own. Also the season pass is definitely not worth it. 4 Characters and some costumes don't count to half of what Injustice 2 offers. The costumes you really don't need.
    2. The characters. Im afraid that they will just copy off characters abilities like they did with Injustice to Mortal Kombat X with characters such as Torr. I've seen the gameplay for Injustice 2 and I noticed that Blue Beetle has pretty much the same attack moves as D'vorah.
    3. Clash Sequences. They were fun in Injustice to hear the dialogue of what the 2 characters that are clashing together. I don't know if they will remove them, but hopefully they stay. Then again, not that many people used it because they wanted to save their attack meters.
    4. The animations. When I say this, I'm talking about the very stupid animation after you finish off an enemy. They still have the thing where when you defeat someone, they get up and then fall down (2:53)
    5. The female characters. Now as weird as this might sound, please don't hate me for typing this but I feel like it really is important for this game. And I'm not trying to offend anyone when I say this. What bothers me is that the female characters are kind of skinny when compared to the male characters. They look like skinny super models while the male characters are buff like bodybuilders. I was disappointed because it makes no sense. Then again this is the case with anything in media. But I was disappointed when they did this from Mortal Kombat 9 to Mortal Kombat X where they toned down the muscularity from the female characters. They just look weak when compared to the male characters. But seriously they should make them just as muscular as male characters even if it looks weird or bad. It's not a big deal, but it is something that bothers me. My point is not every male super hero needs muscularity and not every female super hero needs to be skinny. Again sorry if this sounds a bit weird. If this part gets hate, I will remove it.

Other then that I think it will bet a good fighting game with the new characters and updated graphics.

• Well, at least we have some small amount of good news to end 2016 on. That's pretty fantastic, as I was not expecting that to happen.

Aw yeeaaaah! Good news for a change! Work has stopped on the a Standing Rock section of the Dakota Access Pipeline and it might be re-rout

• This is classic:

• Dead Rising 4 is getting negative to mixed reviews and a lot of long time fans say it's nothing like a Dead Rising game, and after doing research... No time limit, No zombrex, No save points, Frank's personality is dry and Psychopaths are just replaced with "maniacs".

Way to go, Capcom. Way to fucking go. You managed to take your only golden franchise remaining that has so far had no bad games, and give it a supposedly shit-tastic sequel. I'll probably give it a try myself but this news has seriously killed my hype.

• What's what?.

papai46 posted: »

What?

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited December 2016

I don't think anybody expected it. Fucking awesome.

Energy Transfer is planning to fight it though.

Well, at least we have some small amount of good news to end 2016 on. That's pretty fantastic, as I was not expecting that to happen.

• Quick, complain that there isn't a second Season of Wolf Among Us! I beg of you!

Dozurany posted: »

Feeling amused after recently complaining about MMX only to see him not only appear in the MvC trailer, but also find out that there’s a Rockman X novelization on the way. I'll be sure to complain more often

• edited December 2016

Well, well well... browsing through Telltale's jobs section to see who they're looking to hire, and under an Engine programmer opening, there's this:

enter image description here

And TV.

• [excerpt from a Super Show news article (ew.com)]:

enter image description here

The super show lives on? yay?

EDIT: actually, after thinking of it for a sec, it may be talking about the Kindle fire Tv thing Batman may or may not release for. But if its not.... :p

• edited December 2016

Man, you play a good amount of Naughty Dog games for the past couple of months, you really start to admire all the hard work the studio puts into their games.

Just a top tier developer all around imo.

Naughty Dog truly does not live up to the negative hype that's been surrounding them for the past couple of years.

• I rarely play Naughty Dog games and I respect how much work they put into their games. I mean they made Crash 3 in like 11 months starting right around the time Crash 2 was released, and many people consider Crash 3 to not only be the best Crash game, but one of the best Naughty Dog games in general.

J-Master posted: »

Man, you play a good amount of Naughty Dog games for the past couple of months, you really start to admire all the hard work the studio puts

Sign in to comment in this discussion.