The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• The bell will now only appear if you have notifications.

fallandir posted: »

trolley icon is the only thing left in my notification bar, the end is nigh

• The web team is working to eventually update the forums on a larger scale, so perhaps this is more of a transitional update or something.

To say something good about the update, it seems we can edit our threads again without doing that workaround thing. That is about the only g

• Weed lmao

bloop posted: »

That's TellTale for ya.

• Well isn't this lovely.

Anybody want to play cribbage until the apocalypse ends?

• What the fuck happened to my notifications, they're gone. This is obviously the end of the world.

• Well I logged on after being absent for hours, have several new notifications, and have no bell.

The bell will now only appear if you have notifications.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited June 2017

It seems like you'll no longer get a notification for a thread you're subscribed to. Seems you'll only get a notification for those you made, I'm happy my bell is back down to zero. You'll also get one for replies, tell me if you get one for edits as well.

What the fuck happened to my notifications, they're gone. This is obviously the end of the world.

• edited June 2017

It seems like you'll no longer get a notification for a thread you're subscribed to

That's so stupid. I'm glad my bell is back to zero, that's great, but I would still like a notification for whenever a thread I'm following is commented on.

EDIT: Also, the quote text being bigger is kind of weird.

EDIT 2: Yes I did.

dojo32161 posted: »

It seems like you'll no longer get a notification for a thread you're subscribed to. Seems you'll only get a notification for those you made

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

To be fair, you could always see the threads you're subscribed to on the right, unless you were on mobile, in which case it was on the bottom, so I don't think it's too much of a big deal.

It seems like you'll no longer get a notification for a thread you're subscribed to That's so stupid. I'm glad my bell is back to ze

• True, I didn't think of that when I originally typed the comment, but still, it kind of needlessly complicates things a bit.

dojo32161 posted: »

To be fair, you could always see the threads you're subscribed to on the right, unless you were on mobile, in which case it was on the bottom, so I don't think it's too much of a big deal.

• mmm a lot of this sounds nice. why was this under a spoiler tag? lol

anyways thanks man.

• i sure am glad this new update makes this website suck 10 times more than it already did.

• When the shopping trolley and the "My account" box only appear on the top right corner of the page

• edited June 2017

Well, I'm both confused and saddened by this new update here.
    It's really nothing, but it has changed things that I've been so used to now.

• My profile pic and account name aren't at the top, and only the "My Account" button is there.
    • That same "My Account" button leads me to my Games tab, of which I have none because I haven't bought anything from this site..
    • My newest comments tab of my profile now lists many discussions I've created over the past few months..
    • And it turns out a bunch of other people besides me have had much worse problems.

Why does each new update bring some sort of problem? When is this big update coming to save us all??!

Edit: Okay... the one good thing about this update is that we finally have our edit discussion button back! No longer need to find that special diy link to edit it. Just click a button and boom!

• I'm not gonna lie, TT did a good job with the new season 3 pics. Changed mine willingly :)

• That same "My Account" button leads me to my Games tab

I'm having the same issue

AChicken posted: »

Well, I'm both confused and saddened by this new update here. It's really nothing, but it has changed things that I've been so used to now

• Guess this is more of an Uno crowd.

Johro posted: »

Well isn't this lovely. Anybody want to play cribbage until the apocalypse ends?

• ba dum tss

enter image description here

Guess this is more of an Uno crowd.

• Solitaire it is.

This is going to be a long apocalypse.
    Anybody got one of the card shuffler things?

Guess this is more of an Uno crowd.

• edited June 2017

Are they though? I mean, no offence to the web team, their jobs certainly aren't easy (and I sure hope I'm not appearing angrier than I am, as annoyed as I feel about this), but how long are we supposed to wait and have a half-broken forum until they launch that update they've been teasing for way over a year now? I remember this has been hinted at by a staff member in the last update but then, nothing happened for an entire year and well, it appears this is what they worked on in the meantime. I know there's probably more going on behind the scenes which I am not aware of, but still, it's getting tiring to see them continuing to break a perfectly fine site all in the name of some update we might see in a couple of years. The fact that it took them an entire year until they fixed something as comparably major (yet simple) as the edit button really does not give me much hope for this promised big update. Seems like every smaller update along the road is breaking two new things for every bug it fixes.

Still, if we could at least access older notifications again (if only to access older PM's), or get notifications for every thread we're following like we used to, things wouldn't be half bad. Would be much appreciated if you could inform the team that these are not working as they are probably intended to. As it is, if it doesn't get fixed in the next couple of days as the PM bug did last year, I'm afraid nobody is going to take time and fix it until the next broken update next summer. Until then, they don't have to be surprised if some users are going to stop frequenting the site, especially new users who might be confused by these odd changes. The people here are still fun, but for over a year now this feels like spending time at an old, broken playground that is just continuing to get more broken and where you'd only go for nostalgia's sake. We don't need a big update in a couple of years, we need a comfortably working forum without bugs now.

The web team is working to eventually update the forums on a larger scale, so perhaps this is more of a transitional update or something.

• enter image description here

noiceeee

• New Season 3 pics?

I'm not gonna lie, TT did a good job with the new season 3 pics. Changed mine willingly

• Welcome to Hell.

Green613 posted: »

noiceeee

• next time anybody tries to convince me that there is a god, i'm showing them this image

Green613 posted: »

noiceeee

• Yeah, the profile pictures? am i just blind and never noticed them before?

AChicken posted: »

New Season 3 pics?

• edited June 2017

[Moved to its own discussion for better visibility]

• Nope; those are new.

Yeah, the profile pictures? am i just blind and never noticed them before?

• edited June 2017

Man, the website got updated, there was a snake in my room, and its only 7:00 A.M. This is shaping up to be quite the day.

• [removed]

• I put a tag on it because its so long

jamex1223 posted: »

mmm a lot of this sounds nice. why was this under a spoiler tag? lol anyways thanks man.

• It would be good if they do a update that shows your highest rated comment

• but I do have notifications :<

The bell will now only appear if you have notifications.

• edited June 2017

Oh, yippee, another movie that the SJWs are having a tantrum over...I mean, I really can't see how this is any different than a non-American actor, like, let's say, Colin Farrell, playing an American or an American, like Tom Cruise, playing an Irishman. Does everything these days have to be so political correct, even if it's just an action movie?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/susancheng/jackie-chan-the-foreigner?utm_term=.agRJRPZZxv#.fvGQpj55lW

• BigBlindMaxBigBlindMax Banned
    edited June 2017

Macwoghn ees Zhuupeeteh

I swear to god, that guy has the most stereotypical French accent I've ever heard IRL.

But yeah, I imagine the liberals are walking on sunshine after their big victory in the National Assembly. But they're also pretty inexperienced. Not a good combination.

• edited June 2017

I hope Macron and his party have corruption and scandals in a few years.I hate him and hey I like that he said he doesn't t want to get rid of Assad in Syria,but still I hate macron over his policies not his foreign policy

BigBlindMax posted: »

Macwoghn ees Zhuupeeteh I swear to god, that guy has the most stereotypical French accent I've ever heard IRL. But yeah, I imagine the

• TFW the new season 3 profile pictures have Joan but not Clint

enter image description here

I guess I'm sticking with President Underwood for now. Gravatar is efficient but a slight pain in the ass.

• Found out my supposed best friend has been talking shit behind me and numerous other friends backs for a long time now and saying some real nasty shit.

Fun.

• edited June 2017

Wow not good and sorry about that

Found out my supposed best friend has been talking shit behind me and numerous other friends backs for a long time now and saying some real nasty shit. Fun.

• edited June 2017

Jeez, that's terrible.

Unfortunately, I know how you feel. It really sucks. My best bet is to just talk to them about it. why they did it, what they got out of it, and if they regret it. Try to make up. I had a friend who was talking terrible things about me behind my back, but we just took some time away from each other and just go on not talking about it. He does regret it somewhat. We're still semi-friends now, but not as much as before. I think it was just another of his friends who instigated it. I think he was a bad influence on him. Throughout all of elementary school we were best buds, then when high school came along he just stuck with this other guy for a really long time. I don't know, really... :/

Found out my supposed best friend has been talking shit behind me and numerous other friends backs for a long time now and saying some real nasty shit. Fun.

• My reaction:

Seriously, this is what people make a fuss over? Rick Grimes in The Walking Dead is played by a Brit, you don't see me giving a flying fuck over it. If the actor is right for the part and does their job well, then that's just how it is. People are saying that he doesn't understand the struggle of the Vietnamese people, as if that is some important credential he must have in order to be a good actor.

Then again, this is from Buzzfeed, so I'm not really surprised to see them "reporting" on this non-issue. Seriously, does any take them seriously, does anyone view them as a legitimate news source. It's like reading something from the Huffington Post or Breitbart, there's going to be a clear bias and pandering in its reporting (granted that's how it is for all news outlets, but these are some of the more blatant ones).

OneWayNoWay posted: »

Oh, yippee, another movie that the SJWs are having a tantrum over...I mean, I really can't see how this is any different than a non-American

Sign in to comment in this discussion.