The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• This whole meme surrounding DOOM/The Doom Slayer and Animal Crossing/Isabelle has been quite enjoyable to see. Two polar opposite games with two different fandoms/audiences, and they've come together in such a fun way, to the point where even the developers of these games are getting in on the fun. Hell, it's canon that the Doom Slayer does what he does because the demons killed his pet rabbit Daisy, so him getting along with Isabelle would be plausible. This is the type of shit I love to see.

AChicken posted: »

wholesooome

• edited March 2020

It's definitely one of my favourite memes I've seen come about in the last few months. It's just so out of left field, but you can't help but believe that it shows interesting depth to these polar opposite characters. And it's all because of a coincidental Friday release date!

Isabelle, the dutiful secratary of your AC town (now Island), forced to write up most of the manual paperwork that goes through the mayor's office.
    *secretly keeps her anger built up to slay demons

Doom Slayer, badass destroyer of evil and the only on who can stop Demons from overrunning planet Earth. Indulges in extreme violence and is a skilled soldier of many weapons.
    *has a soft spot for fluffy, adorable animals (which is apparently Canon already)

This whole meme surrounding DOOM/The Doom Slayer and Animal Crossing/Isabelle has been quite enjoyable to see. Two polar opposite games with

• edited March 2020

Was really underwhelming considering its been so long since Nintendo gave any news and their 2020 release year is still looking super super bare bones.

well to be fair they had a big year last year. a new pokemon, a new fire emblem, a bunch of indie titles, a zelda remake, an entire smash dlc pass, 2 new IPs, a ton of different mario games, not to mention they announced sequels to a bunch of their most beloved IPs and were already hard at work on various games that had to be delayed. add a worldwide pandemic and a very frustrated fanbase and they're probably a little exhausted.

i imagine we're gonna have a slow year this year, but next year is likely gonna kick some ass. pretty soon they'll be competing with xbox and sony again since xbox is about to release the "most powerful console of all time", and sony is likely gonna be killing it with exclusives due to the ps5. so i imagine next year nintendo's gonna make up for their slower times this year. i bet we'll get bayo 3, metroid prime 4, breath of the wild 2, n64 for switch online, some new mario content, probably a kirby game and maybe even a pokemon remake next year.

edit: realized i maybe should have phrased this in a less "fuck xbox" way because the console wars are bullshit and i dont buy into them so let me just say i adore xbox. the first console i bought was a 360 back in 2011 and i still have it and love it. i just think the xbone was lackluster and i don't really tend to believe the folks at microsoft when they bring up how wooshy wooshy their gramphicks are. super pumped for halo infinite tho

Poogers555 posted: »

Yeah randomly dropped as a video, no live stream or nothing. Nothing really that interesting- at least as in new or unknown game wise. On

• edited March 2020

The museum in Animal Crossing: New Horizons will be the end of me. Every time I discover a new bug or fish I actually get pretty excited. I must complete it. Yet I know I never will.

Also I'm now over 90,000 Bells in debt. Thanks Tom.

• I was playing a game of prop hunt in Roblox and I saved up enough to buy this chicken hat (in honor of @AChicken ).

• Awww, I'm touched! Thanks man!

Poultry represent!

I was playing a game of prop hunt in Roblox and I saved up enough to buy this chicken hat (in honor of @AChicken ).

• This is an interesting story.

The Walking Dead Season 10's finale will actually be the second-to-last episode (Episode 15). While shooting on the season has wrapped, post-production on the episodes has been disrupted they are unable to complete the final episode for the air date.
    The episode itself will air at a later time in the year.
    https://tvline.com/2020/03/24/walking-dead-season-10-finale-episode-16-delayed-coronavirus/
    They've replaced the vacant timeslot with the Season 3 premiere of Killing Eve. It was moved up by two weeks.

Also, the spinoff series called Telltale's The Walking Dead: The Final Season sorry, The Walking Dead: World Beyond has postponed its premiere date too. (A series of a new generation of survivors escaping their isolated school and going on a quest... not many other details apart from that).

• edited March 2020

T-shirt website just released a new t-shirt
    Sneaky reference to Animal Crossing without having to get the license for Animal Crossing. Just use the same animals but don't dress them up. .

• "Just use the same animals but don't dress them up. ."

T-shirt website just released a new t-shirt Sneaky reference to Animal Crossing without having to get the license for Animal Crossing. Just use the same animals but don't dress them up. .

• That thumbnail scared me

what the hell

"Just use the same animals but don't dress them up. ."

• For some reason I got my copy of Persona 5 Royal early, (the game isn't supposed to release until the 31st). It came with a code for a PS4 theme but it doesn't work when trying to redeem it. Could it be because the game isn't out yet they haven't "activated" the codes to be redeemable yet?

• I drew Nemesis from the Resident Evil 3 Remake. It's based on the cover art of the game. Thinking of adding some colour later. I'll post it if I don't end up fucking it up.

• Dude, it looks gorgeous.

lupinb0y posted: »

I drew Nemesis from the Resident Evil 3 Remake. It's based on the cover art of the game. Thinking of adding some colour later. I'll post it if I don't end up fucking it up.

AronDracula posted: »

Dude, it looks gorgeous.

• Nice!

I drew Nemesis from the Resident Evil 3 Remake. It's based on the cover art of the game. Thinking of adding some colour later. I'll post it if I don't end up fucking it up.

• Wow that is super well done! Really love the style

• edited March 2020

I'm not particularly good at colouring so I did the best I could. It's a little bit darker on here than it is on the actual file for whatever reason though, so apologies if certain parts aren't as visible.

EDIT Messed with the colour a bit.

• Me under a quarantine rainy day

• I say, Ahoy there!

Does that mean something else is coming? I need to go around my house and start knocking on all the wood, maybe a few trees for good measure, to stop that from happening.

Me under a quarantine rainy day

• https://www.humblebundle.com/conquer-covid19-bundle

Humble Bundle is doing a large bundle of games for $30, if you are looking to expand your Steam Backlog during quarantine and social distancing.

• edited March 2020

Damn, you beat me to it!

This is a freaking FANTASTIC selection of games, books and comics.

https://www.humblebundle.com/conquer-covid19-bundle Humble Bundle is doing a large bundle of games for $30, if you are looking to expand your Steam Backlog during quarantine and social distancing.

• edited March 2020

I'm feeling pretty proud today.

I saw a post on reddit from a father of a 5 year old looking for games engaging and simple enough for their child to play. A lot of people were talking about the old Humongous Entertainment games, and, well, I bought a bundle of them last year for cheap and didn't redeem every steam code.

So, I messaged him saying that I had some codes leftover for great children's games (and some that I originally played when I myself was 6 years old), he was grateful that I'd offer to give him some, and I sent some codes his way. (I'd only redeemed the Pajama Sam, Spy Fox, and a couple Putt-Putt games last year, since some of their games I had no previous attachment to or were purely educational toddler stuff.)

Well, I just got a response back from the guy that his daughter's excited to play some of them, and included a picture of his daughter in front of their PC, holding a note thanking me. (Obviously I'm not including the picture since that's a private thing he shared with me.)

• good guy chicken

I'm feeling pretty proud today. I saw a post on reddit from a father of a 5 year old looking for games engaging and simple enough for the

• Good Fresh Poltury dude gives single dad a bunch of pre-school games.

I'm feeling pretty proud today. I saw a post on reddit from a father of a 5 year old looking for games engaging and simple enough for the

• lmfao bros... wtf is happening rn?

Frickin' Marcus Sellars back at it again. This man never gets anything right and says this? lmao

Although he did say Wolf 2 would be at the Game Awards in November... unless...

ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵍᶦᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵒⁿ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵉⁿᵈᶦⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᶦⁿˢᶦᵈᵉʳ ᶦⁿᶠᵒ

• For his neutral special, he wields a Huff n' Puff Cigarette

lmfao bros... wtf is happening rn? Frickin' Marcus Sellars back at it again. This man never gets anything right and says this? lmao

• His final Smash he throws you in a room where it soft locks your game for 8 years until you can play again

For his neutral special, he wields a Huff n' Puff Cigarette

• Being stuck in my house during this virus is already getting old for me. And you know what? Fuck it, I'mma do a decision that I was never a fan of. And that is pre-ordering game. And you already know which. Resident Evil 3 Remake. After RE7, RE2 remake and RE3 remake demo's positive feedbacks, I don't think it's possible for this game to disappoint me because Capcom is the best example of a good studio gone bad and back good.

• edited March 2020

You and me both, I haven’t been to the gym for a month now and this is far by disappointing I love bench pressing and working on my biceps and my legs that’s virus has has affected everyone but after what I saw on RT on Facebook Russians are treating the coronavirus outbreak like a bit of normal day I see people walking like if it nothing happened because Russians don’t believe in quarantine .

AronDracula posted: »

Being stuck in my house during this virus is already getting old for me. And you know what? Fuck it, I'mma do a decision that I was never a

• Yeah, I also still see pedestrians still walking and cycling outside like they don't even care. I guess it's because I was told that the virus isn't spread through the air and you get infected mostly if you get near other people and touch a lot of dirty stuff outside, like door handles, crosswalk buttons, cars, bars etc.

You and me both, I haven’t been to the gym for a month now and this is far by disappointing I love bench pressing and working on my biceps

• @Blind Sniper Where's the annual Mickey Mouse thread?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

@Poogers555 Today's the day, my lad, I've recommended you for mod. It just all suddenly made sense when I woke up today, as if today was some sort of special day.

• Thank you for this Dojo. Maybe this April 1st it will finally happen...maybe...maybe...

dojo32161 posted: »

@Poogers555 Today's the day, my lad, I've recommended you for mod. It just all suddenly made sense when I woke up today, as if today was some sort of special day.

• Today's my mom's birthday she just turned 62 and this is is an stressfully Awkward Birthday for her.

• Poogers would kill it as Telltale's PR/Social Media/Community Communication Head.

@Poogers555 for mod!

• I can feel that, my brothers birthday was about a week ago, kinda sucks he couldnt really do anything to celebrate.

Today's my mom's birthday she just turned 62 and this is is an stressfully Awkward Birthday for her.

• They still dont have a Community Manager so uh you know...

get that word out amirit

Poogers would kill it as Telltale's PR/Social Media/Community Communication Head.

• edited April 2020

i know he has a TERRIBLE track record with how ConnorEatsPants bamboozled him but like...

lmfao bros... wtf is happening rn? Frickin' Marcus Sellars back at it again. This man never gets anything right and says this? lmao

• Marcus Sellars track record is so garbage it isnt funny- but it is super weird he would say this assuming it isnt April Fools. He did tell people to screenshot it so he may be serious which is really odd if he is as being baited into something like he was with Connor I could see happening, but what is going on for him to actually say Bigby and for him to actually not think its bait? lmao

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

i know he has a TERRIBLE track record with how ConnorEatsPants bamboozled him but like...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.