The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• They really need to start making customizations for the controllers and/or consoles before Xbox starts to lead in that department. If they wanted to still remain different from Microsoft they could make stickers, like Nice stickers, no outlines. Just something.

dojo32161 posted: »

I just really hate the searingly bright white they've been using for PS5 stuff so far.

• You sure they aren't just old?

lupinb0y posted: »

I went to the grocery store to see that they're selling Mountain Dew flavoured Dorito's. I bought a pack. It smells like cleaning fluid, loo

• Nah they just have a natural radioactive green tinge to them.

DabigRG posted: »

You sure they aren't just old?

• HBO wants to promote their new Max streaming service, so they've released the first episode of their new adult animated series Close Enough as promotion (which is useless advertising for anyone outside the US).

Enjoy a free episode of TV. (This is made by the creator of Regular Show, people are comparing it to it, but that doesn't mean anything to me, as I've never seen it.)

• Devolver Direct 2020 happening in about 10 minutes.

I'm hoping for a release date for Fall Guys.

• Ubisoft after having their games leaked for the 4586th time in a row

• I'm not even surprised about the AC Valhalla gameplay. Ubisoft needs to stop milking Assassin's Creed, it's nothing special anymore. People don't care about that franchise anymore. It used to be about Assassins but now it's trying to copy the Witcher franchise. I haven't played an AC game since Black Flag.

Poogers555 posted: »

Ubisoft after having their games leaked for the 4586th time in a row

• I'm honestly not looking forward to any Ubisoft games. Hyperscape was dissapointing.

Poogers555 posted: »

Ubisoft after having their games leaked for the 4586th time in a row

• Rockstar makes me sick. They are milking the shit out of GTA 5. Seriously, other than Red Dead Redemption 2, they didn't do shit for the current gen. Instead of teasing their next project, they'll just keep re-releasing a game that isn't even 10 years old.

• edited July 2020

Ubisoft seems to be cleaning house right now after the recent abuse and sexual allegations made against certain members of the company.

Serge Hascoët, the Chief Creative Officer, has resigned effective immediately, with the current CEO/co-founder of Ubisoft, Yves Guillemot, temporarily taking over the role. Along with this, Guillemot "will personally oversee a complete overhaul of the way in which the creative teams collaborate." If I'm right, Hascoët was the brain behind Ubisoft's going towards making large open world games and looter shooters, so that'll be interesting going forward. He was also apparently against the idea of female-led games, and was pushing for more microtransactions.

Yannis Mallat, the Managing Director at Ubisoft's Canadian studios, has also left the company, with the reason being that "the recent allegations that have come to light in Canada against multiple employees make it impossible for him to continue in this position." Cécile Cornet, Global Head of Human Resources, has also resigned from her role, and a third party company has been hired to help rework their current HR procedures and policies. All three are confirmed to no longer be with the company so it's not like they've simply just stepped down. They are no longer with the company in any capacity.

Regardless of what you think of their games, this is a very good thing that they are doing. Good for them for taking all this seriously and actively trying to make a change, which is more than I can say for other companies in the industry.

• Even Elon Musk agreed that Rockstar was milking GTA. Also isn't this the 4th time Rockstar is releasing GTA 5 on a new console? Hell I wouldn't be suprised if they did the same with Red Dead 2. Cmon Rockstar, at least give us Bully 2 or Midnight Club. But I am curious about the VR game they might be working on.

AronDracula posted: »

Rockstar makes me sick. They are milking the shit out of GTA 5. Seriously, other than Red Dead Redemption 2, they didn't do shit for the cur

• Valve is the worse offender in terms of not doing anything current gen

AronDracula posted: »

Rockstar makes me sick. They are milking the shit out of GTA 5. Seriously, other than Red Dead Redemption 2, they didn't do shit for the cur

• edited July 2020

Half-Life Alyx has entered the chat

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Valve is the worse offender in terms of not doing anything current gen

• I just remembered that baseless claim from February (or whenever it was) that first sparked the TFTB Redux and Poker Night 3 rumors, claiming that PK3 would release near E3 season.

So that obviously didn't happen.

Another year, another RIP Poker Night.

• Ubisoft collaborated with Alberto Mielgo, the art director for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse to make this cinematic trailer for Watchdogs: Legion. It's really damn good.

• Alberto Mielgo, the art director for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Well that's just neat. I liked the style of the trailer and this probably explains why.

Ubisoft collaborated with Alberto Mielgo, the art director for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse to make this cinematic trailer for Watchdogs: Legion. It's really damn good.

• Out of random curiosity, I looked up some info on No Code and their game Observation that I played earlier this year.

Nothing new in terms of what's next for them (but they have said they're going to start working on their next project after the summer - their biggest game yet)
    Although I did find this nice behind-the-scenes post about the creation and concepts for Observation's title sequence and this cool monochrome 1950s-styled concept that could have been used instead.

https://biogenic.design/project/observation

• edited July 2020

So a few weeks ago I bought a graphic novel that I finally got around to reading. I'd seen it recommended a number of times so I thought why not and I'd been on an indie comic kick the past year any way. Yes, I read about more than just zombies and men and women in tights. I was also hot of the heels reading 'They Called Us Enemy,' a graphic novel based on George Takei's experiences living in American Japanese prison camps during World War 2. It's very good, I highly recommend it.

The graphic novel is titled 'Waves', by Ingid Chabbert, and follows a couple who after years of trying to have a child, are finally able to announce a pregnancy. However, they unfortunately suffer a miscarriage and the comic details the couple as they come to terms with their situation and their journey to healing. The book is based on the authors own experience with a miscarriage her and her partner had suffered and it's very much an outlet for the author herself.

The book is pretty damn heartbreaking. The "conflict" happens pretty early on but it feels like an absolute gut punch. Not just because of the event itself but how the visuals and narration are presented. Throughout the book you get to share in the couples happiness, fears, grief and hopes. There's a good balance of joy, sadness and the unfortunate realities of how life works sometimes. The story doesn't force you to bear a load of depression onto you. There's a nice amount of hope at the end of the tunnel.

The narrative is told from the woman who carries her son for those nine months so the colours and visuals constantly change depending on her emotions, from bright and lively to harsh monochrome colours when it all comes crashing down. A good amount of the story is told in black and white as the main protagonist slowly begins to see the colour around her. It's not something that hasn't been done before but the way things are played out sets it apart from other stories.

If I had to criticise the book, I'd say it would have been nice to see more of the couple interacting before the pregnancy and talk more about their grievances with their past "failures," but I understand that it might make things over melodramatic. Another criticism would be the main characters partner, who at times feels like she's just kind of there. You get moments of how she's handling everything, but I would have liked to see a bit more to really flesh her out.

Overall I'd very much recommend it. It didn't make me cry, but it certainly made me feel a good mix of sadness and happiness.

• The world's longest AK mag 😆

• Give it to me, now.

The world's longest AK mag 😆

• One of the many reasons Blathers hates bugs. This joke killed me.

• Grant Imahara from Mythbusters has died at age 49 from a brain aneurysm.

I used to love watching Mythbusters when I was a kid. It'd be something that popped up when I'd gotten back from school and it was always fun to watch, so this hits a bit.

Rest in Peace.

• edited July 2020

A teacher used Batman: The Telltale Series as a piece of "video game literature" to teach their students elements of storytelling and player agency. Cool!
    It's a fun read of how they and their class reacted to the events of the story and moral weight of certain choices.

"I Taught with Batman: The Telltale Series"
    (edit: nvm they're apparently a teacher in new york city. high-school level course from what I can gather.)

• I'll have to give this read. Thanks for the recommendation.

So a few weeks ago I bought a graphic novel that I finally got around to reading. I'd seen it recommended a number of times so I thought why

• Get your AK half price and free shipping will be at your doorstep in 3 days.

And as a customer you get another mag free ,that's right free!

Give it to me, now.

• This recommendation warmed up my heart.

• Hey everyone. I'm working with a few other people on a fan-game about Lilly. It will be about the events after s1 and before s4. Right now we are just trying to figure out the story.
    If you like to write, and want to join our little project. You can join here: https://discord.gg/YEQfkn

Have a nice day!

• I want another game like A Plague Tale but instead of thousands of rats it's thousands of spiders.

• I didn't take you for a psychopath, Lupin.

I want another game like A Plague Tale but instead of thousands of rats it's thousands of spiders.

• Welcome to another episode of the cutest recommendation videos of animals.

AChicken posted: »

I didn't take you for a psychopath, Lupin.

• Ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?

• You wanna get nuts?! Let's get NUTS!

Ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?

• Welcome to Jurassic Carpark

• This dog has the best life. I'm seriously envious of it right now. :love:

Your browser does not support HTML5 video! https://i.imgur.com/wVWzEIt.gifv

• Oh to be a dog being carried in a backpack and getting pets :weary:

AChicken posted: »

This dog has the best life. I'm seriously envious of it right now.

• FLUUF

Your browser does not support HTML5 video! https://i.imgur.com/wVWzEIt.gifv

• Nah can that Raptor lead you to your parking spot? That's dope. Now if only I could become a millionaire so I can buy one

Welcome to Jurassic Carpark

• (sniffs) You guys smell that...that's the smell of baseball in the air. Baseball and sports have returned, and I could not be happier.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.