The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Soul Eater is kinda boring thanks in part to its basic dialogue/translation.

• Yea, with Wolf we always heard great things about it but it never seemed like there was anything to show for it, with this game there definitely was.

Poogers555 posted: »

Stranger Things did seem like Telltale finally truly changing their formula up with everything we've seen of it. I still wonder what the sto

• Is it just me but The Last of Us 2 is falling off the map just a few weeks after launch? I don't think I should be surprised because the game is controversial and divisive as hell.

• I mean it's a linear singleplayer game with no multiplayer (at the moment at least) and no planned DLC. It got a month in the limelight and now it's Tsushima's time in the sun.

AronDracula posted: »

Is it just me but The Last of Us 2 is falling off the map just a few weeks after launch? I don't think I should be surprised because the game is controversial and divisive as hell.

• Well, people were still talking about the first game, even more than 1 year after launch.

lupinb0y posted: »

I mean it's a linear singleplayer game with no multiplayer (at the moment at least) and no planned DLC. It got a month in the limelight and now it's Tsushima's time in the sun.

• Honestly it was super confusing Telltale came out on Twitter and "announced" The Stranger Things game just because it was leaked, especially considering like you said it was planned to be a big surprise reveal. There has been other Telltale leaks like GOTG and Minecraft 2 but Telltale didnt go around going "Yup its true!" even when we already knew by a few weeks. And Stranger Things was more of a rumor than those other 2 as when ST was leaked with just someone reporting a rumor, GOTG and Minecraft 2 had actual official pages where they were listed and then reported on.

I almost have a bad feeling a big reason Telltale and Netflix had sort of a falling out about it being leaked wasnt so much that it was leaked, but because Telltale tweeted about it. A contract with guidelines of something like "if this leaks in anyway we will mess you up" doesnt seem like a reasonable demand as it could very easily be leaked by someone at Netflix, but now Telltale has to suffer for it? For that I honestly cant help but feel some sort of mistake was made by Telltale actually saying it was real and that was Netflix's issue.

Tell me about it. Every so often I'll think back to the leaked vids and concept art and get all sad. It was clearly Telltale wanting break o

• It's like it's controversy came more from being a sequel than almost anything to do with the game by itself.

Is it just me but The Last of Us 2 is falling off the map just a few weeks after launch? I don't think I should be surprised because the game is controversial and divisive as hell.

• edited July 2020

Yes and it was a brand new IP that was incredibly successful that had a surprisingly decent multiplayer experience, planned DLC and a prequel graphic novel. Not to mention it was pretty much the only big PS3 game at the time.

And while things have died down it's not like no one's talking about Part 2. People are still constantly talking about what they loved/hated about the game. This place is a small example of that lol.

Well, people were still talking about the first game, even more than 1 year after launch.

• Is the forum getting a little funky again or is it just me?

• Yeah it's probably that they broke some sort of NDA with Netflix by prematurely revealing it, but at the same time that seems like such a really amateurish mistake that could have been easily avoided that makes me think it could have also been something else.

Honestly it was super confusing Telltale came out on Twitter and "announced" The Stranger Things game just because it was leaked, especially

• Yep, looks like it.

Is the forum getting a little funky again or is it just me?

• edited July 2020

I agree as I feel the chances of actually messing up that bad is super low. Who knows, Telltale was obviously really pressured for money at the time so maybe they just took a kinda crappy deal with something ridiculous like "if this leaks in anyway, its your fault." because they needed something to be stable.

Yeah it's probably that they broke some sort of NDA with Netflix by prematurely revealing it, but at the same time that seems like such a re

• Not just you, I get logged out every now and again. It was a nice break while it lasted.

Is the forum getting a little funky again or is it just me?

• They received a fine that I heard was around 1.1 million dollars for that leak, all because an employee decided to start mouthing off out ST during E3 and it kept spreading among the attendees.

I agree as I feel the chances of actually messing up that bad is super low. Who knows, Telltale was obviously really pressured for money at

• Interesting, where did you hear that?

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

They received a fine that I heard was around 1.1 million dollars for that leak, all because an employee decided to start mouthing off out ST during E3 and it kept spreading among the attendees.

• Can a PS4 user please confirm whether or not they're able to download Tales From The Borderlands?

I just found out that my problem might be an isolated event. Someone I was chatting with on reddit mentioned they're able to download it perfectly fine and it seems their logo is different from mine.

The other person's logo (and is available to download)

My logo (not available to download)

Might be a regional thing, but I don't know what region they're in compared to mine.

• Has that logo ever been used before for Tales? Thats the first time I've ever seen it.

ᴵˢ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰᶦⁿᵍ ᵃᶜᵗᵘᵃˡˡʸ ʰᵃᵖᵖᵉⁿᶦⁿᵍ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᵀᵃˡᵉˢ...

AChicken posted: »

Can a PS4 user please confirm whether or not they're able to download Tales From The Borderlands? I just found out that my problem might

• Uhhh......Let me check gamstat and waybackmachine... I've never seen it before.

Has that logo ever been used before for Tales? Thats the first time I've ever seen it. ᴵˢ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰᶦⁿᵍ ᵃᶜᵗᵘᵃˡˡʸ ʰᵃᵖᵖᵉⁿᶦⁿᵍ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᵀᵃˡᵉˢ...

• edited July 2020

No, that icon has replaced my usual TFTB thing for quite a few months now (maybe even since last year when it was delisted, I forget).

It's definitely not new and definitely not what it's supposed to look like. Weird that it's using the default Rhys/Fiona key art with an IGN Award logo of all things.
    I always remember the exe icon being the Red/Blue colour shift like the other guy had.

Regardless, he can download Ep1 and I can't for some unknown reason.

I did get TFTB through the "Telltale Mega Bundle" in early 2015 (came with TWD 1 and 2, TWAU, TFTB and GOT). Bought it so I could own/continue the old Telltale games on PS4 while getting access to their new Borderlands and Thrones series all at once.
    So... Maybe the bundle came with some other version that is different from the usual storefront version, and it's been delisted and taken off the PSN servers P.T.-style.

Has that logo ever been used before for Tales? Thats the first time I've ever seen it. ᴵˢ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰᶦⁿᵍ ᵃᶜᵗᵘᵃˡˡʸ ʰᵃᵖᵖᵉⁿᶦⁿᵍ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᵀᵃˡᵉˢ...

• Here's something nifty. The google result of the Playstation page for TFTB Ep1 lists the title as "Zer0 Sum Game". Either that's a beta title from Telltale or that's PS getting the title wrong.

• edited July 2020

The title of TFTB ep 1 is "Zer0 Sum"

The joke is that the characters name is Zer0

I checked earlier and all the episode pages are up, but the season pass/full game page for Playstation 404's

They probably changed it around BL3's release: The Steam version got updated assets made to support Steams redesign 4 days after BL3 release.
    https://steamdb.info/app/330830/history/?changeid=6886088

These 3 icons were all added on Sep 17th to Steam, it's worth noting that the first one at least was edited by someone, since Rhys is outlined.

AChicken posted: »

Here's something nifty. The google result of the Playstation page for TFTB Ep1 lists the title as "Zer0 Sum Game". Either that's a beta title from Telltale or that's PS getting the title wrong.

• an employee decided to start mouthing off out ST during E3 and it kept spreading among the attendees.

Man, imagine being the guy who killed an entire company.

They received a fine that I heard was around 1.1 million dollars for that leak, all because an employee decided to start mouthing off out ST during E3 and it kept spreading among the attendees.

• So I figured I'll show some other kinda cool stuff I found this time Tales related- not as interesting as the Stranger Things stuff though

First Ill just add this, Ill find the video if people are interested, (it isnt much, just Beta Fiona climbing stairs) but this was from a build of Tales from the Borderlands where the Eridium Blight was more of a central location of the story where (from what I can tell from what we do know from the game and files) the Rhys and Fiona fight would have taken place.

Next, this easily could just be a placeholder as it looks almost the same and may just be for size comparisons, but it may have been the original build of episode 2's Galatarium with possibly Sasha being more involved in creating Gortys.

Lastly- cut achievements. This is honestly a huge bummer. I have no idea why Telltale ditched extra achievements so hard for the longest time. Im assuming some of these were not extra and I guess it was because if they re-wrote things the images wouldnt make sense anymore (Like Wolf Among Us.) (And to that I say, why did Telltale not just add more achievements every episode update? Achievement names would make more sense and the art with them would be a lot more interesting than just a logo and a number.)

Source for last 2 images: http://www.hainlee.com/portfolio/tales-from-the-borderlands

• Hahahahah imagine being the guy who made his company reliant on a deal with a company known for being uncooperative and greedy, and having no backup plan for if the Netflix deal failed....

Hi Pete

an employee decided to start mouthing off out ST during E3 and it kept spreading among the attendees. Man, imagine being the guy who killed an entire company.

• Chicken definitely knows the name of the episode and the pun - he's only pointing out that the title is listed as different on Google.

Thinking about it, Zer0 Sum Game - and just Zer0 Sum - is a very fitting title for the episode, because, in the end, no one gets the money despite all of the effort. Don't think I've thought about that, lol.

The title of TFTB ep 1 is "Zer0 Sum" The joke is that the characters name is Zer0 I checked earlier and all the episode pages are up,

• edited July 2020

To be fair, Telltale was already on really thin ice at that point regardless of how well received their final two products were, it's not exactly his fault that not many other people were clamouring them to make games based on their IP's anymore.

Hi Kevin

Hahahahah imagine being the guy who made his company reliant on a deal with a company known for being uncooperative and greedy, and having no backup plan for if the Netflix deal failed.... Hi Pete

• If anyone wants a good cry, maybe give this a watch.

• And 2020 is back to being a shit year. Regis Philbin has passed away. RIP to one of the greatest game show hosts of all time.

• something being divisive is not an explanation for it falling off the map imo. the last jedi was super divisive but people are still debating it and giving it attention years later. something being divisive arguably gives it more discussion than if it were simply universally loved or hated. as for tlou2 falling off the map, i don't really see it? people are still discussing it and talking about it in the circles i frequent. i guess it's just kind of a thing of who you surround yourself with. different cliques will talk about different things.

• You are now manually breathing.

• are you deadass

You are now manually breathing.

• fk u

• rip

• Nice try, I forgot how to breathe a long time ago

• Me making a handful of people aware that they are breathing.

• You are now manually blinking which is much worse than manually breathing

Enjoy

Me making a handful of people aware that they are breathing.

• Also you can see your nose.

You are now manually blinking which is much worse than manually breathing Enjoy

• Wat if I'm 😴

You are now manually blinking which is much worse than manually breathing Enjoy

Sign in to comment in this discussion.