The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• It's finally happening

• Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space Remastered has a release date of December 8th, it'll release on PC, Playstation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch, it looks nice:

• I've heard of some of those, but... ugh God. How any of the execs at Blizzard don't see this trash as a serious issue that needs to be booted and blacklisted from the company is insane.

lupinb0y posted: »

A lot. * Toxic workplace culture and rampant sexual harassment, with one case ending with the suicide of a female employee. * A female

• Yes, ALL OF MY YES!
    How fitting that they release this in December again considering the first episode of the season, man, I can't wait to see how they will tackle the Devil's Playhouse, it's probably gonna be a lot of work on that one since it runs on a different engine and graphis compared to the first two seasons.

AChicken posted: »

It's finally happening

• edited November 2021

New trailer for Turning Red. It's a lot more Teen Wolf than I was expecting but it looks really cute and the characters are really expressive! Looks like this will be relatively low stakes like Luca was.

Changed the link because I'm a big dumb dumb.

• edited November 2021

Don't think I've mentioned it here yet, but I'm in the middle of doing performances of Cymbeline this week. It's going well so far! Everyone's on their lines and cues, though apart from our first performance on Saturday, the audiences we've gotten have been pretty dead. They barely react to anything, funny, sad or shocking. (I think they've forgotten this is live theatre, and they're allowed to throw some energy at us. Or they aren't following along :()

It's been some serious late nights though for the past 2 well, 1.5 weeks. Imagine going to school only to come back home at 12am the next day :sweat_smile:. Our performance prep calls are at 6pm, we've also been given in-person classes at 10am, despite not having them during rehearsals for a month. Work & Sleep is basically my weekly grind.
    Today's a double-showing, with a matinee and night performance, currently in half an hour. Having energy for a class and two 3-hour showings is no joke. Time to break a leg I guess.

• Ok, they released new gameplay footage for Dying Light 2.

I know it's too early to judge but the combat feels very unifinished and less detailed than the one from the first game. It looks like it was made by a complete different team. And I don't like seeing health bars above zombies so I hope they let us turn it off.

• edited November 2021

I think you mean this trailer, lupin

And yeah! It looks really adorable! Personally I can't wait to see how much they integrate Toronto scenery. This trailer already looks like such a fun local treat.
    I'm not so familiar with Teen Wolf, but I've seen some clips and I'm aware of what it's about. What's giving off those vibes for you? I don't see it.

And haha loving the NSYNC song choice.

New trailer for Turning Red. It's a lot more Teen Wolf than I was expecting but it looks really cute and the characters are really expressiv

• Ah fuck I'm blinder than Matt Murdock. Thanks for the correction lmao.

I'm not so familiar with Teen Wolf, but I've seen some clips and I'm aware of what it's about. What's giving off those vibes for you? I don't see it.

Just that the whole school seems to be made aware of her turning a giant red panda and having fun with it and that it's a curse her family has been living with for generations. Reminds me of Teen Wolf, minus the basketball.

I think you mean this trailer, lupin And yeah! It looks really adorable! Personally I can't wait to see how much they integrate Toronto

• Ah, okay.

I like the idea from the trailer that it'll be more of some "superpower training" story rather than "Oh no, evil curse, must reverse panda transformation by the end".
    If it's about her coming to accept herself and be a red panda in moderation (with helicopter parents that are against that) that'd be neat. It's like Pixar's fluffy Hulk.

Ah fuck I'm blinder than Matt Murdock. Thanks for the correction lmao. I'm not so familiar with Teen Wolf, but I've seen some clips an

• Yeah it looks to be an allegory for puberty and the changes that come with it or maybe that big red panda that visits some people once a month with a side of kids having to deal with overprotective parents.

Ah, okay. I like the idea from the trailer that it'll be more of some "superpower training" story rather than "Oh no, evil curse, must re

• I do like how it looks like the Melee weapons get caught on enemies while you're dragging it around their torso, but yeah something about it feels off.

I think it's

• The floaty, slow jump
    • The health bars for zombies (really?)
    • The FOV isn't as close to your hands, so it feels less claustrophobic
    • The combat animations look slower

Apart from that though it looks like a fun time. The changes to night look like they'll be more worth it.

AronDracula posted: »

Ok, they released new gameplay footage for Dying Light 2. I know it's too early to judge but the combat feels very unifinished and less

• edited November 2021

Ten years and multiple rereleases and your game is still buggy Todd.

• Elder Scrolls 6 is going to be exclusive to Xbox

• Fuck yeah!

It's finally happening

• The Game Awards have already lost people's hope of good awards given to actual good games. Sorry The Last of US 2 is still a bad and worse game EVER.

It will win more awards while DOOM Eternal sits in the corner with his empty shelves and this is coming from someone who isn't really into DOOM.

Yup same here. I ain't a Doom fan but,that game looks cool and awesome.

Yeah, I already lost hope for Game Awards. It doesn't even look like my type of game (My poor Resident Evil Village...) It will win more awa

• The Last of US 2 is still a bad and worse game EVER.

the notion that tlou2 is worse than games like silent hill: homecoming, ride to hell: retribution, skylight freerange 2, cyberpunk 2077 and shenmue 3 in any way, shape or form is laughable to say the least.

it obviously isnt perfect and did not deserve GOTY at all, but come on, be reasonable here. at the very least tlou2 has great visuals, fantastic audio work and virtually no glitches. the story and gameplay are subjective, sure. but there is no way tlou2 is the "worst game ever"

strwar3 posted: »

The Game Awards have already lost people's hope of good awards given to actual good games. Sorry The Last of US 2 is still a bad and worse g

• Sorry The Last of US 2 is still a bad and worse game EVER.

I wouldn't go that far. As much as I think that game is overrated and didn't deserve a lot of praise, at least they didn't release it unfinished and it was playable, unlike Cyberpunk 2077 and GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition. I can overlook bad stories as long as the gameplay is fun (Even if TLOU2's story was distracting). Take Metal Gear Solid 5 for example.

strwar3 posted: »

The Game Awards have already lost people's hope of good awards given to actual good games. Sorry The Last of US 2 is still a bad and worse g

• hey king, you dropped your crown

👑

Sorry The Last of US 2 is still a bad and worse game EVER. I wouldn't go that far. As much as I think that game is overrated and did

• edited November 2021

i can overlook bad stories as long as the gameplay is fun (Even if TLOU2's story was distracting).

I can understand that. I think it is just i am so pissed off over what the Games Awards did last year. Like come on Ghost of Tsushima deserve the GOTY. I did state that the only award that Last of US 2 deserved (in my opinion i hope everyone agrees too)is Laura Bailey for the voice of Abby. She deserves it cause of everything from that game i saw. The gameplay and graphics are okay. Story and plot not so much.

, at least they didn't release it unfinished and it was playable, unlike Cyberpunk 2077 and GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition.

Oh don't tell me about those dumpster fire of games. Lol i mean holy crap Cyberpunk 2077 was insane and broken AF lol like i made the mistake of pre-ordering it. Also on GTA Definitive Edition is a HUGE ass of BS. I saw PewDiePie's video on that and seen so many people going after this game and Battlefield 2042 looks bad. Even their Subreddit is going after that game. I think i am being hopeful for a good game this year. Halo Infinite looks good. multiplayer looks good. I am playing it on Gamepass. Looks good enough to see more before buying it. Also Gamepass is offering the Campaign for free on Gamepass on day one.

Open world and cool graphics. Can't wait to see that

Sorry The Last of US 2 is still a bad and worse game EVER. I wouldn't go that far. As much as I think that game is overrated and did

• I haven't played The Last of Us Part II, but I'm curious, what are the actual problems with it? The most noise I've seen about it has to do with it being "woke" (love it when those people shriek about something being woke, the idea of seeing a woman, an openly homosexual individual or someone that isn't white as a capable person is a foreign concept that their existence in the game has to be justified by some ridiculously high standard) Best examples I can give would be Geeks & Gamers and The Quarterpounder, two special kinds of lunatics with warped worldviews that spout their hateful nonsense, and did that with their coverage of The Last of Us Part II, rallying their audience, causing a stir and leading to Naughty Dog Staff receiving death threats and harassment...

Anyway, rant over, I've heard that the Story is divisive, and if I recall correctly, you mentioned you liked the game, but what problems do you have with it, if any? As I actually appreciate your perspective on topics like this, I enjoyed your comment on The Walking Dead: The Final Season a while back, I never got around to actually expressing that due to work so thank you, it was a nice comment to read about what is my favourite game that I've ever played.

The Last of US 2 is still a bad and worse game EVER. the notion that tlou2 is worse than games like silent hill: homecoming, ride to

• edited November 2021

Arcane season 2 announced BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But it won't be out for more than a year FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

• personally any issues i have with the last of us 2 are minor nitpicks. its been a while but i actually uploaded a 26ish minute video praising both TLOU games and pouring my heart out about em. in terms of genuine issues people have with it, i think it honestly just boils down to the fact that its an incredibly bold and risky story that was honestly sort of a bad call to use as a sequel to a highly beloved game.

the game makes a lotta choices in spite of the original and asks you to care about a bunch of new characters out of nowhere, and in that sense its completely understandable why some people had such a severe reaction to the game, and if i had any major problem with it, its that its a narrative that either should have been its own IP, or needed more time to grow. like i said, its not a huge issue for me per say, but its entirely understandable that some people were offput by it.

another common criticism i see is that the game is hypocritical as it preaches about the dangers of revenge and the cycle of violence but also has some of the most rewarding and violent lethal combat ever. ive mentioned on here before that i dont think the game is about a cycle of violence or anti-revenge but at that point its entirely subjective and my word is simply personal interpretation.

lastly its worth mentioning that some people morally object to the game because of neil druckmann's poor directing of the ND staff and notoriously toxic crunch and lack of proper pay. that is entirely fair and as a "cuckshill commie" i absolutely object to any mistreatment of any labor forces. however everyone has their own subjective reasons for liking or disliking the game, so all i can recommend is ignore racist dipshit morons like the quartering and OAG, but also ignore overly positive consoomer morons like me? simply experience the story, listen to some other perspectives on it in addition to your own and form your views that way.

too many people online, and especially on these forums, get sucked into a hyperbolic echo chamber and get caught up in silly social constructs like "cringe" and "guilty pleasures". the only opinion on tlou2 anyone should care about is their own, because we're all beautiful and wonderful and have the capacity for kindness, and if nothing matters then live life being nice and informed instead of wack and uninformed. we're all gonna die, synechdoche

I haven't played The Last of Us Part II, but I'm curious, what are the actual problems with it? The most noise I've seen about it has to do

• TLOU2 Discussion really been going on for just about as long as no wolf update

Good thing this will change in just a few weeks, right everyone? Ha...

• Oh yeah? Good thing to hear after all these years waiting and rumors.

Poogers555 posted: »

TLOU2 Discussion really been going on for just about as long as no wolf update Good thing this will change in just a few weeks, right everyone? Ha...

• Your confidence is stronger than mine. May you lead us to victory.

Oh yeah? Good thing to hear after all these years waiting and rumors.

• Poogs I've cracked the Da Vinci code

It's been a discussion about WOLF2 this whole time. They're playing the long game with us.

TLOU2 Discussion really been going on for just about as long as no wolf update Good thing this will change in just a few weeks, right everyone? Ha...

Poogs I've cracked the Da Vinci code It's been a discussion about WOLF2 this whole time. They're playing the long game with us.

• In terms of gameplay, it's fine. It doesn't change anything too much from the first game, Naughty Dog usually doesn't tend to stray too far from a working formula when it comes to this. Couple added features, but overall, it's nothing really new. For me, this was fine and not a point of criticism, while for others it was, and it was also one for the first game. To me, I enjoyed it in the first game and I found it just as enjoyable this time around, and the new features added did create some extra challenge that wasn't there in the first game.

Graphics and art is a huge improvement, and even then, the first game did it very well too. I have only played it on the base PS4, and even on that system, it was very detailed (all those crunch overtime hours went heavily into this). Though I will say that, while the first game wasn't the most colorful, this game really uses dark aesthetics and grey tints. This looks like it was a purposeful decision meant to play into Ellie's overall character arc, the theme of the game, and show the further dilapidation of the world after decades in the apocalypse, but still, I do think it went a bit overboard.

Where it just falls apart for me is the writing and characters. The first game created a well detailed cast of characters that, while they weren't in the game for most of the time, you remember and/or care for. The acting plays a huge part as their actors and actresses perfectly conveyed whatever emotions they needed to in order to add to the subtlety and complexity of the characters. Not saying the acting in TLOU II was bad, it was still fantastic by all parties involved, but the writing just didn't support them in nearly the same way. Characters either betray basic character traits from the previous game, their arcs ultimately go nowhere or have a very unsatisfying payoff, and it felt as though they were trying to do too much with certain characters and just didn't give enough screen time in order for us to truly bond with them. While the characters in the first game may have had less screen time than the newer characters, they had entire sections of the game dedicated to them interacting with Joel and Ellie. In this game, since we are getting some of these characters from two different perspectives, Ellie and Abby, we can't really establish a bond with them, and often times, they'll show up, disappear, show up, disappear, and show up before either being written out or killed off. The characters just don't have the same bond to us as a player then they did in the first game, they feel more like characters, while in the first game, they felt more human.

The story has some very, let's say, polarizing decisions. It's a lot like The Last Jedi in that fans either love it because it's bold and unexpected, or hate it because it betrays central tenets and ruins its predecessors. Me personally, I hate it, and I'm going to be honest, while I can certainly respect differing opinions and will certainly defend your right to have them, I don't understand how one can like many of the creative decisions that went into this game. And it all starts very early with a major character death that starts Ellie's entire journey. Yes this is incredibly insulting to those who were fans of the first game because, essentially, it destroyed what was the heart and soul of it, and without it in this one, it felt like an empty shell, struggling along for some sense of direction and not truly being able to find it and just sort of latching onto to various ideas and hoping it sticks. The game starts to improve and the writing slowly get better, but then half way through, it takes a huge left turn and just gives us what feels like a tasteless, boring, and drawn out bonus plot that doesn't tie into too much from the first half of the game. I kind of see it like the first half of the animated film-adaptation of The Killing Joke. While I get what they were trying to do with it, the execution was just so bad that it feels so disjointed from the actual meat of the story and should have been reworked to tie more into the actual plot. The overall goal was meant to add more character and backstory, but...God it's just so questionable why they did it the way they did.

I'm not going to get too huge into spoilers for two reasons: 1. You haven't played it and you should form your own opinions, and 2. I've played this game once, didn't like it, and set it down and more than likely won't play it again as I don't think it's worth my time and effort to revisit due to its narrative direction. And I think that's what you're going to see a lot of. The original TLOU is still beloved, still talked about, still praised, and will stand the test of time by all available accounts. TLOU II, while praised by critics, has been largely torn apart by fans, and not just a certain anti-woke crowd but by actual people from left to right to center, and already feels either forgotten or moved on from. Jury still out on that, but I don't think it's really on the side of TLOU II, I do believe it will fade into obscurity, or at the very least, not have the lasting impact of its predecessor. So many things got boosts in popularity due to COVID. From Tiger King, to Avatar, to DOOM Eternal, to Among Us, to Queen's Gambit, so and so forth. This game came out in June, 2020, the middle of the COVID pandemic, and deals with a viral infectious outbreak changing the entire world, and even then, it couldn't really establish a dedicated audience.

(love it when those people shriek about something being woke, the idea of seeing a woman, an openly homosexual individual or someone that isn't white as a capable person is a foreign concept that their existence in the game has to be justified by some ridiculously high standard)

Weird how that was never a problem in the first game, where we played as Ellie for a small but good chunk of the game. Weird how that was never a problem when the DLC came out and it was revealed that Ellie is gay and the fans didn't seem to care. Weird how the issue with TLOU II wasn't the fact we were playing as Ellie or that she had a girlfriend in the game, and that most fans loved playing as Ellie in TLOU II and were only mad because they felt she was overly punished or suffered for no reason. Weird that one of the biggest memes and hilarious creative decisions that came from the game, and also drew some of the biggest ire from players, was a sex scene between a man and a woman. Weird how no one did the same with The Walking Dead and Clementine, who was a black bisexual female. Now I'm not saying it wasn't used a poster for an anti-woke crowd, it definitely was and if you hate it only because it has a trans character or a gay character, you're an intellectual buffoon. But it certainly was also used as a poster for those who put too much into diversity and representation as justifications for excusing something's obvious faults and criticisms, and for that, they are also intellectual buffoons. Not saying I'm perfect and I have my own biases, everyone does, but I do think I at least try to stay on the merit side of things and judge it based on actual areas that matter. I don't put any thought into how diverse it is or what representation there is, I just want to enjoy it and to feel engaged with the story, writing, and characters. If it does it with an all black cast, awesome. If it fails with an all white cast, I'm done with it.

I haven't played The Last of Us Part II, but I'm curious, what are the actual problems with it? The most noise I've seen about it has to do

• For me it wasn’t even the story, though I didn’t really like it. It was the lack of innovation in gameplay that killed it for me. After beating the first game on the highest difficulty I was bored to tears playing part 2, and didn’t finish it, which is really more inexcusable than the story given the time between the two games.

As far as the story goes really it’s just that Abby isn’t a strong enough character to carry the entire story that’s built around her. If Abby was engaging or likable I could overlook the faults in the narrative but she really isn’t, at least in my eyes.

• man now i feel bad i didnt mean to resurrect TLOU2 wars i just wanted to interact with the forums while i was at work lmao

• I already said my piece on TLOU2, you can check out my video if you want to. But I'll keep it short. I don't mean to start a war here but because this forum barely has something to discuss, why not? The thing that really gets me out of the game is that the story is putting too much focus on plot points which are jus gonna be shrugged off in the end like it's nothing instead of the important ones.

• What purpose did Jesse serve in this game exactly, apart from boning Dina, thus getting his baby born? All he was did was "Hi, I'm Jesse, I have a great personality and I'll be your AI partner in some sections of the game, even though you can also do it without me" and that's it. Nothing in the story would have changed if he was excluded, except making the game shorter and better paced.
    • What was with that scene where Abby learns the death of her friend, Dan, who was in a body bag? Who is he, what was his backstory and why should we care about him? He wasn't even part of Abby's revenge.
    • Why did the chapter with Abby and Lev going for medicine for Yara have to be two hours long? Why did we have to go through an infested building where Abby and Lev fell on a convenient pool? It doesn't make pace better, it makes the gameplay more repetitive. We survived all that shit, only for Yara to die in the end. Was it even worth fighting Rat King, the discount Bloodborne boss?
    • Why are Tommy and Maria taking a backseat like in the first game? Aren't they supposed to be important in the game, considering they are Joel's borther and sister-in-law. The only time Tommy plays a big role in the game was in a flashback which isn't gonna matter in the end.
    • Why is Ellie all of the sudden acting like dick towards Jesse before splitting up and refused to make sure Tommy is safe? I get that she wants to find Abby but it doesn't excuse her to just not care about the safety of her other friends and say nonsensical stuff like "Tommy can take care of himself" (He sure did when she saw Abby's group capturing his ass due to giving out his name) and "You go alone, I'm not saving your ass again" (When did she do that, exactly? I don't remember that happening in the game)
    • Isaac is being mentioned throughout this game a lot, like he is a big warlord or something, yet he barely makes 3 appearances in this game and just dies by the hands of character that I barely cared about. Was he a villain or something? Should I have feared him? Should I be satisfied that he died? Fire Lord Ozai had more development than this particular character and he wasn't even revealed fully until Book 3 of Avatar TLA.
  • Me looking at all this TLOU2 discussion knowing it is actually about Wolf 2 thanks to @AChicken

• edited November 2021

me after @AChicken redeems me for yet another classic blunder

https://ibb.co/C7qFbSx

edit: i forgot how images work on here i am ruining my own meme

Me looking at all this TLOU2 discussion knowing it is actually about Wolf 2 thanks to @AChicken

• Problem is that there is barely anything to discuss in this forum. Still no updates on Wolf 2. I sure wish we didn't talk about TLOU2 because I just want to forget about this game.

man now i feel bad i didnt mean to resurrect TLOU2 wars i just wanted to interact with the forums while i was at work lmao

• Here is a better topic. Look at these mods, they put the whole Rockstar in shame and it shows how lazy they are.

• I got you boo 😊

Me looking at all this TLOU2 discussion knowing it is actually about Wolf 2 thanks to @AChicken

• That chick behind Ellie

• edited November 2021

. I sure wish we didn't talk about TLOU2 because I just want to forget about this game.

Same here but,i only brought it up cause of the Game Awards. I am just angry over that lol. Still them getting rid of Player's Choice (or Gamer's Choice Award) it seems they know we didn't like what happened last year at the game awards. Still i wish there was news The Wolf Among Us 2. Dear God it is been forever since we had news about it.

Also man i saw your video on TLOU 2 review. Pretty much good 👍 still i think this Game Awards isn't going to be fun cause what else is there? Not Cyberpunk 2077(lol nope) not even Battlefield 2042(Holy Shit that dumpster fire of a game. It is still getting hate on the subreddit too)

Like what games are there to talk about? Halo Infinite? Possibly something to talk about or even which games to get this Black Friday week. I don't see any good games to buy tbh. Still Mass Effect 4 image is still good thing to speculate on. I live Mass Effect so much.

Problem is that there is barely anything to discuss in this forum. Still no updates on Wolf 2. I sure wish we didn't talk about TLOU2 because I just want to forget about this game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.