The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Sorry to hear that Chicken, but it at least sounds like he is in some good hands, and I'm glad that they were able to detect that so they can fix it. All the best to you and your family.

AChicken posted: »

So my dad is in the hospital for the forseeable week or two. He went for a stress test for his heart a few days ago, but I guess he “fail

• Finally, at long last. Mass Effect's best girl representing Earth's best band.

• Man, feels like we're in a calm before the storm.

• Rockstar Games is a garbage company

• edited February 2023

So uh that Nintendo Direct today was wild

Level5 coming back to north america -- and they had the audacity to reveal this by cramming in a 20-second tease of a new 3D Prof. Layton game randomly... my heart can't take that surprise AAHH

Also this. This! Ghost Trick modern port, finally!!

• WOOOOO Capcom remembered Ghost Trick exists!

So uh that Nintendo Direct today was wild Level5 coming back to north america -- and they had the audacity to reveal this by cramming in

• Everyone here, go play Ghost Trick.

• Bob Iger announced in an investors call that they're starting work on a new Zootopia 2, Frozen 3, and Toy Story 5.

Uhhh... okay? why? and why???
    I hope at the very least that this hypothetical TS5 is actually a spin-off reboot, I don't want to see yet another goodbye story about Woody/Buzz.

• Toy Story 4, while not a bad film, was the most unnecessary thing ever created. It did not justify its own existence.

Bob Iger announced in an investors call that they're starting work on a new Zootopia 2, Frozen 3, and Toy Story 5. Uhhh... okay? why? and

• Toy Story 3 is perfect and I will cry every time I watch it.

AronDracula posted: »

Toy Story 4, while not a bad film, was the most unnecessary thing ever created. It did not justify its own existence.

• I will only watch Toy Story 5 if it adapts the Kingdom Hearts world, lmao

• Money, plain and simple. All 3 of those are big money makers for the studio, they're going to milk it until the well dries. And right now, Disney needs the cash and a few wins. Outside of Avatar 2, it doesn't look like a lot of their films had the critical and financial success they were hoping for.

Disney has been struggling for the last couple of years. COVID took a huge hit out of their revenues due to no one being able to go to their parks. It stands to reason Florida is doing better than California and some of the others because they opened up a lot quicker, but they've lost the ability to manage the property themselves after Florida revoked the Reedy Creek Improvement District. Then you have the stock, oh boy that's been a ride (one that I personally relate to as a former Disney shareholder who sold all of it last year).

In March, 2021, the stock hit an all time high of over $201. In a little over a year, it sank to just $84. While it's climbed back up slightly to $118, they've lost billions in market share with the roller coaster. Executive management has been a battleground as the two Bob's battled it out, with Bob Iger returning to his role that he supposedly gave up but secretly ran behind Bob Chapek's back. And even though he expressed optimism with Iger's investor call and called off his proxy fight, activist investor Nelson Peltz and his attempt to reshape the company is a looming threat. It was probably a main reason why Iger went in the direction he did with his decisions.

Disney+ has been hemorrhaging money for the studio, it's nowhere close to hitting the numbers that they were expecting it to be at this point in time. This was a particular line from a Wall Street Journal article I was reading about it:

As Mr. Iger overhauls Disney’s entertainment strategy, he is putting a bigger focus on family content and big franchise fare that can drive the growth of its Disney+ streaming service, such as Star Wars and Marvel superheroes content.

So he's going to order more movies and shows around big name properties to try and get people to subscribe to Disney+, but also reduce how many shows and movies they're going to make. Less original content and risks, more status quo and recognizable properties.

On top of that, Disney is laying off thousands of workers, considering selling their ownership of Hulu and ESPN, and reconsolidating their executives and business model to try and reduce costs and save money.

Simply put, Disney is in rough shape, a lot from their own incompetence and mismanagement, and now they have to fix it.

Bob Iger announced in an investors call that they're starting work on a new Zootopia 2, Frozen 3, and Toy Story 5. Uhhh... okay? why? and

• Oh thank you for the words of support by the way.

Went to see him in the ICU today, he finally got the surgery yesterday (they managed to do a bypass for all 3 heart veins so now he's not blocked at all!). He's got a whole bunch of tubes and needles and bags stuck in him which was kinda scary, but that's supposed to happen. he was feeling pretty tired, but he was awake and making sense so that's good news.
    The thing that was actually pretty scary was that apparently his heartbeat is a bit irregular and faster than it should be, but shouldn't be an issue if his blood pressure doesn't drop. It's probably because the heart can work more efficiently, it's not used to needing to use less effort on pumping blood.

He should be out of the ICU and in the normal Cardiovascular ward within a day or two, fingers crossed he can heal up soon enough to get out of the hospital after that.

Sorry to hear that Chicken, but it at least sounds like he is in some good hands, and I'm glad that they were able to detect that so they can fix it. All the best to you and your family.

• It sounds like they're going after young kids. When you're young, the whole world is new, and you embrace the familiar. As you grow older, it switches around: the whole world is familiar, and you seek out things that are different and new.

This has probably worked well for Disney in the past, but there's a problem this time. As a result of worldwide lockdowns and reduced social gatherings, there aren't as many kids being made. So far, this is only impacted things aimed at babies and toddlers, but in the coming years, it's going to affect a lot more. We'll see how this works out.

• So apparently next week there will be more Expanse news and Wolf 2 news is still a ways out. I think Expanse may come out in early June to be honest, seems like this week is going to be the start of really showing it off. This kind of makes me think we won't see Wolf news until after it launches, and also this confirms it releases before Wolf 2. (Which I think we all knew already.)

I still don't think Expanse is really the strongest game to be starting Telltale's reboot as there is a pretty noticeable lack of interest or even knowledge of it. I dont think it helped last year the update they made for it was frankly not very good at showing off the game and why people unfamiliar with Expanse should want to play it, so hoping whatever they do this week sparks more people's interest.

• so hoping whatever they do this week sparks more people's interest.

Hope so, I've been listening to the audiobooks for The Expanse the past two months (just finished the sixth book), so I've become really interested in seeing what they do with the series. The Expanse was not what I was expecting from what little I knew from the outset.

Poogers555 posted: »

So apparently next week there will be more Expanse news and Wolf 2 news is still a ways out. I think Expanse may come out in early June to b

• edited February 2023

So apparently next week there will be more Expanse news

Edit: Oh shoot nevermind

I checked their Instagram account and they haven't posted anything since the beginning of the year... they did reply to someone asking when Expanse might be expected, and surprisingly they responded with "coming this summer!"

So June/July might be accurate

Poogers555 posted: »

So apparently next week there will be more Expanse news and Wolf 2 news is still a ways out. I think Expanse may come out in early June to b

• edited February 2023

https://www.smbplumbing.com/main/

Okay. Really cool deep reference. The Mario Super Show rap!
    The website says they operate in Queen's and Brooklyn, and judging by Mario's very slight accent, I think its official the Bros are gonna have some "transported from Earth to Mushroom Kindgom" scenario in the film.

• Friendly reminder that a Metallica halftime show would absolutely be the greatest halftime show of all time

• Not only did the Eagles lose, but it was two former Giants that screwed them. So even though I lost $20, I consider this a win.

• My Eagles...

• I think this may also mean we wont get Wolf 2 news until like August which is a bit of a bummer. I could also be completely wrong, but their recent tweets seem to imply we are entering that Expanse push and it would be a bit weird to overshadow Expanse with Wolf 2 info in between. Now Telltale was obviously never a stranger to 2 series at the same time, and some of those duel series one would be more popular than the other, but looking at numbers, Wolf 2 really overshadows Expanse by a lot and that may not be the best marketing. However, if they do another one of those events like they did last year, it would be very wise to show off Expanse and Wolf 2 and use Wolf to suck people into seeing Expanse, which invalids what I just said lol

Either way, crazy to think this year Telltale formerly returns, hope it all goes smoothly for them

So apparently next week there will be more Expanse news Edit: Oh shoot nevermind https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1624815

• edited February 2023

Well, it looks like Netflix is losing more customers than it's going to gain in Canada with their new enforcement.

Can't wait til this roles out in America. They might actually end themselves. Fuck 'em.

(Edit: Grammar)

• F17 is BACK AW YEAH

dojo32161 posted: »

F17, lmao, we'll never escape https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1625189553697918999

• F17 will literally never die. Its been 8 years of F17. Why is there so much Telltale stuff associated with this date lmao

dojo32161 posted: »

F17, lmao, we'll never escape https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1625189553697918999

• me in my 60s when I look at the date and see its F17 and remember the meaning of the funny number (I am dying)

• I am so excited for Jojo Part 9 to start.

• edited February 2023

Ironwood studios recently posted a new trailer for Pacific Drive, the car-building, car-destroying, survivial-them-up driving game.
    Looks cool, though I hope the game has more depth than just driving, upgrading, or losing your car.

Blog Post on PsBlog

Reminds me of another car-exploring based game lupinb0y mentioned a few months ago

• This is something that I've been looking forward to since I saw the first trailer. It reminds me a lot of the Forest but this time, you have to survive a road trip. It feels original and plays almost like a horror game.

Ironwood studios recently posted a new trailer for Pacific Drive, the car-building, car-destroying, survivial-them-up driving game. Looks

• car-exploring based game lupinb0y

I have no recollection of this lmao.

Ironwood studios recently posted a new trailer for Pacific Drive, the car-building, car-destroying, survivial-them-up driving game. Looks

• It had something to do with driving around, shining a light at Titans walking around the place? But it was a fairly laid back type of game apparently...

Maybe I'm just confused

lupinb0y posted: »

car-exploring based game lupinb0y I have no recollection of this lmao.

• edited February 2023

Watching some of the Umbrella Academy Season 3 today, and Episode 5 ends with the song "My Silver Lining" by First Aid Kit... oh man when I heard that opening riff I got really excited!

I know it's not the thing that came up with it, but I've only ever heard that song from the credits of TFTB, so it was a really neat surprise to finally hear it not through the game, or not through a music player, but a TV show! Cool!

• The boycott on Hogwarts Legacy is absolutely embarrassing. Probably even worse than The Last of Us Part 2. Disliking the game is okay, disliking JK Rowling is okay but bullying and harrassing streamers and gamers for playing the game is NOT and will NEVER be okay. They even bullied the streamers who were doing charity streams for trans community, even though they were trying to do a good thing for the community that these boycotters were shitting on the game for. If these boycotters don't use logic, then they don't deserve to have opinions.

• edited February 2023

Telltale have raised $8 million worth of funding from Skybound, and a third party investing company called Hiro Capital. The article also reveals that they are developing an unannounced game.

Well it's great knowing that new Telltale won't be having any money issues for now. Surprised that they're already working on a third game this soon considering their two current projects still don't have a set release date. If The Expanse and Wolf 2 are anything to go by, it's likely that they're collaborating with another company for it. I wonder who it could be?

• I almost wonder if TWD will return to Telltale or something as it seems kind of weird Skybound is partnering again and investing like that. That said, I kinda hope they dont make another Walking Dead. Whatever this other game is, I wonder if it will be another partnership as it does seem New Telltale wants to do co-development rather than doing everything under 1 roof.

Telltale have raised $8 million worth of funding from Skybound, and a third party investing company called Hiro Capital. The article also re

• Skybound giving Telltale a few million dollars and immediately remembering those statues still haven't released

I actually completely forgot about that. How many years has it been now?

• edited February 2023

Alternate Universe Tales from the Borderlands 2 when the 8 million dollar investment hits in 2023 instead of 2020

• Aaaaahhhhh... I missed Jojo, good to have it back.

• Time for Invincible: A Telltale Series

Telltale have raised $8 million worth of funding from Skybound, and a third party investing company called Hiro Capital. The article also re

Sign in to comment in this discussion.