The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Happy new year my homies

• Happy New Year! 😊

I hope everyone finds something awesome this year, and I hope Telltale can finally put something out!

• Happy New Year!!!

• HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!

• Happy New Year! 🎉

• I can't remember if New Telltale ever mentioned this about their release schedule going forward but I'm gonna post this anyway.

• Pretty sure they've mentioned this before, or mentioned they were entertaining the idea of either releasing it all at once, or in quick succession..

I'm hoping for a weekly/bi-weekly release schedule. Not too long that it gets boring, short enough it keeps hype and anticipation.

lupinb0y posted: »

I can't remember if New Telltale ever mentioned this about their release schedule going forward but I'm gonna post this anyway. https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1609987167031529472

• I have a question, especially towards MetallicaRules. Do the Dishonored games involve rats as an enemy material in those games? If so, I plan to have those games on my backlog for this year. I dunno why but I became very interested to play games that involve rats, thanks to A Plague Tale franchise.

• Rats are a common threat in the game, as the city of Dunwall is taken over by a deadly plague spread by them.

You'll regularly find small crowds of rats hiding in buildings that will swarm you if you don't stay up high. They also devour dead bodies entirely.
    Pretty sure you can also unlock an evil power later on to summon your own small pack of rats to kill an enemy.

AronDracula posted: »

I have a question, especially towards MetallicaRules. Do the Dishonored games involve rats as an enemy material in those games? If so, I pla

• There's an indie spiritual successor to Nintendo's Rhythm Heaven (it's got the exact same gameplay style) I just found in the past day called Bits and Bops on kickstarter.

There's a demo, some preview of some boppin' music, and it ends very very soon. Looks super promising.
    If anyone is a fan of RH do check it out

I'm backing this... man I really need some Rhythm Heaven kind of experience for my switch.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tempolabgames/bits-and-bops

• Yeah, awards don't mean shit but at least a video game that lived up to its hype earned that record.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/elden-ring-surpasses-the-last-of-us-2-as-the-most-awarded-game-of-the-year-recipient/

• So rats are involved, mostly as an obstacle though. Depending on your chaos score in the game, there can either be more or less of them, as the city is suffering through a plague which causes the rats to become more aggressive and hungry. Large groups can attack and swarm you, but you can also unlock a power that summons a smarm that will eat your enemies.

I have a question, especially towards MetallicaRules. Do the Dishonored games involve rats as an enemy material in those games? If so, I pla

• edited January 2023

(Oops I thought you were Aron for a second
    Paid no attention to the name or profile picture lol)

Yeah, basically that!

I personally couldn't get through the game, because I just don't like first-person stealth games, but if you click with it, that's good!

So rats are involved, mostly as an obstacle though. Depending on your chaos score in the game, there can either be more or less of them, as

• You seem to downplay how awesome it is to have your enemies consumed by rats

So rats are involved, mostly as an obstacle though. Depending on your chaos score in the game, there can either be more or less of them, as

• How could you be interested in a game that involves rats and not play Bad Rats: The Rats Revenge on steam?

• In my defense, I usually play Low Chaos and be sneaky rather than murderous. Plus, it uses a lot of mana so I end up not really using it.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

You seem to downplay how awesome it is to have your enemies consumed by rats

• happy new year

• Just adding onto Dishonored, in my opinion the game has a great art aesthetic - it's very distinct and very atmospheric for the world which it creates. The rats are pretty gnarly too.

• edited January 2023

Since people are talking about Dishonored, I gotta ask which Dishonored game is better? 1 or 2? Sure maybe storywise 1 might be better but imo in terms of gameplay, graphics, and ways you can use stealth I'd say 2. Or maybe I'm just bad at 1 idk.
    Also Happy New Year everyone!

• edited January 2023

I agree, I think the original game has better writing but gameplay goes to Dishonored 2 no contest. More stealth and non-lethal options with Emily, and the Clockwork Mansion put it on top for me. Death of the Outsider is also a blast if you just wanna go all out without having to worry about your morality.

Same goes for Deathloop. Very fun if you've got that speedrunner itch and just wanna go balls to the walls insane with your powers.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Since people are talking about Dishonored, I gotta ask which Dishonored game is better? 1 or 2? Sure maybe storywise 1 might be better but

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2023

The family that l live with, and I, caught COVID-19 a week before Christmas. I have spinal stenosis, fibromyalgia, a bulging lumbar disc, and minor arthritis in my back. COVID was hell. I couldn't bend down without a sharp pain in my back that ran down my left leg making it extremely hard to walk. My mom's COVID was like the flu. My mom's boyfriend didn't have symptoms. My mom and I tested negative the week of Christmas and my mom's boyfriend tested negative on the 23rd of December.

Thankfully because we were all COVID free we were able to have a Christmas dinner and open presents on Christmas Eve with my sister, her husband, and her two boys. No Christmas crackers this year though. We still have some from last year, but we completely forgot about them.

New Year's Eve was quieter than usual as it was just the three of us and we hit the hay shortly after midnight because we were still drained from COVID.

• Storywise it feels pretty similar. I'll give it to 1 since it was the first one. But gameplay goes to 2. I usually put them pretty even with each other if I'm being honest.

Since people are talking about Dishonored, I gotta ask which Dishonored game is better? 1 or 2? Sure maybe storywise 1 might be better but

• Dishonored 1 is a much more tighter experience. There’s really only one level I really liked in dishonored 2 but other than that it doesn’t do much to change things around, besides maybe larger levels.

• Happy Friday.

• In Dishonored 2 I liked all the Karnaca levels. I disliked the Dunwall missions considering they felt very linear and small. I believe my favorite missions were the Clockwork Mansion, Dust District, and Stiltons manor.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Dishonored 1 is a much more tighter experience. There’s really only one level I really liked in dishonored 2 but other than that it doesn’t do much to change things around, besides maybe larger levels.

• Just went to see M3GAN it was awesome the acting the vharactsrs how M3GAN was designed was beautiful the plot of the movie was outstanding

I can’t wait to see Knock In The Cabin next.

• heading into the year of Wolf 2 knowing full well it will probably still get delayed

• Judging by a recent Instrgram post, it seems The Expanse is well on its way, hopefully, this year. So we should have something.

I'm guessing the dual-dev partnership with Deck Nine kind of relieves the stress on developing certain parts of the game for Telltale.
    (We have no idea how many episodes or how complex the series is supposed to be, I'm just spitballing here tho)

Poogers555 posted: »

heading into the year of Wolf 2 knowing full well it will probably still get delayed

• edited January 2023

If I had to guess I still think it will release this year, but it seems very likely it will be in the fall. The update pretty much confirmed it won't release in Spring (but will probably get an update?) then after that is the Expanse and assuming that hasn't changed, I don't see them releasing both at the same time. So September is probably the absolute earliest. For a Spring time update I wouldn't be surprised if they make a general Telltale update that talks about both games.

(Obviously it would kind of suck if it was delayed, but if they feel its needed I'd much prefer that. Besides I still think it will be on track for the most part.)

AChicken posted: »

Judging by a recent Instrgram post, it seems The Expanse is well on its way, hopefully, this year. So we should have something. I'm guess

• edited January 2023

Something's brewing in Fabletown...

Wow! Bigby Wolf!

It's not Bigby anymore! It's I can't wait for!

I can't wait for Wolf?

Don't mind if I, two!

What's my name?

I can't wait for Wolf 2!

It's a whole new game!

I can't wait for Wolf 2!

You want story-telling goodness, I'm your friend! It's time to find out how it ends!

Fuck off, Bufkin, I'm lookin' for The Woodsman, Glass Him!

Been ten years, I know it was lookin' slim!

They pull me back in with Season Two,

Six Months Later, I'm in anger managment with you!

Everyone wants my Wolf 2!

Can't get enough of my Wolf 2!

Players from one or tens years ago,

Lining up for my Wolf 2!

What's my name?

I can't wait for Wolf 2!

Wolf 2!!!

This goes out to @InGen_Nate_Kenny

• edited January 2023

Adult animation gets a double kill today as Netflix has cancelled Inside Job and AMC has cancelled Pantheon, despite both of these shows getting a two season greenlight. I haven't seen Pantheon but I've heard nothing but great things about it, however I have seen Inside Job and actually really like the show. The humour is fairly hit or miss, but the main characters (Reagan and Brett) are really fun and the more dramatic moments in the show are great.

Pantheon at least I get considering it had poor viewership since AMC had the genius idea to only make it available on AMC+ which is only available in the US (then removed it after cancelling it), but Inside Job as far as I'm aware did well on Netflix, with it hitting the top 10 most watched shows on Netflix during its initial premiere and mid-season premiere.

• Does Netflix even know what it's done to its own brand by pulling these decisions over and over again (usually at the second season mark? -- Inside Job has two Parts out now, I didn't know they weren't separate seasons)

Haven't seen Pantheon myself but I remember you mentioning it once and I've heard a lot of good about it.
    Inside Job is a fun show, that sometimes gets caught in the adult-animated-comedy trap of "being overly vulgar and gross is funny", but still has some great social commentary/parody, deep dramatic moments, and a great cast playing off some great writing. (They got Adam Scott in Season 2, and his relationship with Reagan is being written so well. it's fun.)

lupinb0y posted: »

Adult animation gets a double kill today as Netflix has cancelled Inside Job and AMC has cancelled Pantheon, despite both of these shows get

• edited January 2023

Does Netflix even know what it's done to its own brand by pulling these decisions over and over again (usually at the second season mark? -- Inside Job has two Parts out now, I didn't know they weren't separate seasons)

If I remember right, during the animation debacle a few months ago it came out that they release stuff in parts so that they don't have to pay production studios as much, because they're all technically part of the same season.

Inside Job is a fun show, that sometimes gets caught in the adult-animated-comedy trap of "being overly vulgar and gross is funny", but still has some great social commentary/parody, deep dramatic moments, and a great cast playing off some great writing. (They got Adam Scott in Season 2, and his relationship with Reagan is being written so well. it's fun.)

100% agree. The drugs and gross out humour gets old quick, but most of everything else is super solid. All the serious dramatic moments especially are surprisingly great and had me wildly enthralled. Really enjoyed the stuff with Adam Scott's character, though I will admit his voice acting was a little... wooden.

AChicken posted: »

Does Netflix even know what it's done to its own brand by pulling these decisions over and over again (usually at the second season mark? --

• Damn. Longest thread ever.

• Wait wait wait Pantheon was straight up deleted from AMC??! UUUGH
    https://deadline.com/2023/01/pantheon-scrapped-amc-1235214158/

• I don't really care about award shows all that much since they seem to overlook a lot of smaller, but especially great shows/films, but I had the Golden Globes on in the background tonight as I doodled some stuff, there were some great (surprising) winners and speeches worth tuning in for.
    Angela Bassett won best Supporting Actress for Wakanda Forever, major award for a Marvel movie. RRR won best original song. Guillermo Del Toro won best animated feature for Pinocchio (hell yeah get that animation message out) now I really have no excuse to see it.

Michelle Yeoh and Ke Huy Quan won best actress and supporting actor awards, and I couldn't be happier. Seriously, I fucking love Everything Everywhere last year and I'm so hyped they both got prestige recognition for that film. :heart:

• Frick I only saw this now. This was...this was beautiful.

Poogers555 posted: »

Something's brewing in Fabletown... Wow! Bigby Wolf! It's not Bigby anymore! It's I can't wait for! I can't wait for Wolf? Don't

• Fuckin' RIP Lemongrab lmao

• edited January 2023

NO GODDAMNIT NO

THEY CANCELLED DEAD END: PARANORMAL PARK

I KNEW IT WAS COMING (I know this show doesn't have the popularity to keep it going but) THIS MAKES ME SO MAD

:cry:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.