The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I only just now watched Elizabeth Ito's new short, and I love it! Her style is so great, love the way it can tread the line of real interviews mixed with fictional stories.

(Reposting it since I can't find the original comment by Lupin when it first came out)

Since I now work at Starbucks, retail/fast-food type place, I definitely know the vibe of it all. Michael's segment really resonated with me. Especially since I've only been here 3 months too.

• I haven't played Baldur's gate, but Pillars is indeed pretty good. Great worldbuilding, decent story, serviceable combat... Compared to a Bioware game, companions aren't nearly involved as much, so don't expect too much on that front. I don't know how well it plays on console though, I heard the loading times can be long and honestly I can't imagine playing it with a controller since it was mainly designed for pc. But yeah, good game. B)

If you end up playing it, just ignore the NPCs with golden names. Those were created by the Kickstarter backers and they tend to tell you their (usually badly written) backstories that aren't relevant. For some reason devs decided to put like 3/4 of them in the first village you can visit, which understandably gave some people the wrong idea about the entire game's writing, lel.

I really shouldn't be asking this since my backlog of games is already pretty big, but has anyone ever tried the Baldur's Gate series? Is it

• Nice of you to do promos for the restaurants in that mall.

AChicken posted: »

I only just now watched Elizabeth Ito's new short, and I love it! Her style is so great, love the way it can tread the line of real intervie

• Right, so Minecraft Story Mode is no longer on Netflix. RIP.

I unfortunately did not play through till the end in the past few weeks, only played up until Episode 4.
    I did notice however that there's nothing in the credits about Netflix "owning" the interactive special as an "Netflix Original", and Telltale and Mojang are the only ones credited at the end of the credits scroll as the rights holders to it...
    So that kinda sucks. I wanted to see if they ended it with a cliffhanger that never gets resolved, or cut it off before then.

Goodbye Queen

Also leaving us (In Canada) when the new year starts is The Office US. No idea where it's gonna go, I don't think we have Peacock up here.

Also, Avatar: The Last Airbender. Probably for real this time. I remember they did this some 2 years ago while I was halfway through it, which made me in desperation buy the series on blu-ray, then... the date came and went and the show stayed. Seems someone renewed the contract and forgot to tell the office.

• Set a notification for the next time Telltale Tweets. As long as nothing happens, then tomorrow should be the day!

7 AM: DING!

• Just received Resident Evil : Vendetta on blue ray with two disc bonus features in the mail was a great deal on $9.99.

• A friend caught some woman assaulting a schoolgirl at a traffic light on his dashcam. The bitch grabbed the girls ponytail from behind and violently tugged and shook her head around for a good five seconds before she let go and walked off like nothing happened while the girl clutched her head as her friend/schoolmate checked up on her. The two girls were south asian and the woman caucasian so I think it's safe to say what the "motive" was.

The footage has a fairly clear view of the assailant, so I'm hoping he ends up posting it on social media or something.

• So... who wants to make the VGA thread and be inundated with notifications for 3 hours tonight?

• I'll take the bullet

So... who wants to make the VGA thread and be inundated with notifications for 3 hours tonight?

• Damn right they did. I didn't expect Horizon to win GOTY, but I was hoping for something. No disrespect to Judge for his performance, but Burch killed it as Aloy.

AronDracula posted: »

I had to

• Yep, I totally didn't expect A Plague Tale to win GOTY either but one award would have been enough to make me happy. I think it deserved to win the Best Music cause it has a lot of memorable soundtrack. Not to mention the composer himself, Olivier Deriviere, made a playthrough on Youtube and explained his work on it. I didn't listen to GOW Ragnarok's soundtrack yet but I don't think it will be as catchy when I'll play it. I don't remember the music from GOW 2018 being noteworthy except for the main theme.

Damn right they did. I didn't expect Horizon to win GOTY, but I was hoping for something. No disrespect to Judge for his performance, but Burch killed it as Aloy.

• edited December 2022

Looks like I've got a lot of game sequels I'm anticipating now... huh.
    Hopefully too much of a good thing ISN'T bad, and they all live up to the standards of their original games, maybe even surpass them. Time will tell.

• The Wolf Among Us 2
    • Oxenfree 2
    • Alan Wake 2
      And now

• Jedi Survivor (Fallen Order 2)

• Hades 2
    • Death Stranding 2

If last gen was the age of remasters, maybe this gen is the age of sequels.

• edited December 2022

Went to a convention and got to meet Tom Taylor, one of the current big writers at DC Comics! I had no idea he was Australian lol, so when that accent popped up I was a bit surprised. He was really nice and autographed an issue of his Nightwing run I brought along to get signed for a friend, along with a copy of an original graphic novel he wrote called Neverlanders which I bought at his booth.

• Nice. I also have remakes, sequels and one new IP that I am looking forward to.

Looks like I've got a lot of game sequels I'm anticipating now... huh. Hopefully too much of a good thing ISN'T bad, and they all live up

• At work, we use Slack for internal communication. These channels can be from within the department, a specific building, or Amazon wide. One of the more relaxed chats we have is a chatroom dedicated to people posting pictures of their pets. Dogs, cats, you know, the usual. The other day, someone posted...this. And I have to ask, @AChicken, since when did your owner start working for Amazon.

• Ayyy nice, another chicken pet spotted in the wild! Thanks for this hehehe :tongue:

At work, we use Slack for internal communication. These channels can be from within the department, a specific building, or Amazon wide. One

• That's just bizarre man.

At work, we use Slack for internal communication. These channels can be from within the department, a specific building, or Amazon wide. One

• In case you didn't see the news, City of Ghosts won an Emmy award for Outstanding Directing for an Animated Program!

Also Hilda and the Mountain King won one for Outstanding Main Title and Graphics, Centaurworld got Outstanding Casting, and Maya and the Three got three Emmy's for Writing, Sound Editing and Sound Mixing, and Promotional Announcement.

I only just now watched Elizabeth Ito's new short, and I love it! Her style is so great, love the way it can tread the line of real intervie

• edited December 2022

City of Ghosts won an award??! And it won for best directing?! And the Hilda Movie won an award?! (For those awesome 3D-ish opening titles) and Centaurworld won an award for its casting?!!

This is freakin AWESOME NEWS YEAAAAHHHH

Netflix is killing it in the animation industry, while the animation industry gets killed from all sides 😭

lupinb0y posted: »

In case you didn't see the news, City of Ghosts won an Emmy award for Outstanding Directing for an Animated Program! Also Hilda and t

• Aren't you from Toronto? Doesn't it hurt to post something about the Oilers? To know that for a team that somehow usually peddles the line of mediocrity despite having the best player in the NHL, they still have more playoff success in recent years than the Maple Leafs.

City of Ghosts won an award??! And it won for best directing?! And the Hilda Movie won an award?! (For those awesome 3D-ish opening titles)

• edited December 2022

I wish I could find a better gif, but there's nothing more relevant to my excitement than the rabid energy of a hockey fan. It was the best one that fit.

Aren't you from Toronto? Doesn't it hurt to post something about the Oilers? To know that for a team that somehow usually peddles the line o

• Here is my Playstation Wrap Up for this year.

• edited December 2022

There is no way some mobile game (that I've actually heard is non-predatory and good?) gets such a cool 2D-animated music video/promo, that also features different animation and visual styles! Wow!

• edited December 2022

Why does this go so hard? It has the same feel as those music videos by Riot Games. The song even sounds like something Imagine Dragons would do for League of Legends.

Now I really want a bunch of animated shows in all these styles, especially the WandaVision and Fantastic Four bits.

There is no way some mobile game (that I've actually heard is non-predatory and good?) gets such a cool 2D-animated music video/promo, that also features different animation and visual styles! Wow!

• I'm telling you, Fortnite will consume everything in due time.

That includes @MetallicaRules' favourite band.

https://youtube.com/shorts/oDuh2aAXnfA

• Well, I have to hate Metallica now

I'm telling you, Fortnite will consume everything in due time. That includes @MetallicaRules' favourite band. https://youtube.com/shorts/oDuh2aAXnfA

• Apparently, I'm making a God of War TV series. By that I mean Amazon is rumored to be developing one. Oh dear Lord please do not be like Lord of the Rings.

• Spider-Man 2 for the PS5 confirmed for Fall 2023

• If you need a couple minutes of brief amusement, xkcd is a spaceship exploration game today. Use the arrow keys to move (you might have to click on the picture first). I don't know if it works on mobile.

https://xkcd.com/2712

• I can confirm it does work on mobile as well.

WarpSpeed posted: »

If you need a couple minutes of brief amusement, xkcd is a spaceship exploration game today. Use the arrow keys to move (you might have to click on the picture first). I don't know if it works on mobile. https://xkcd.com/2712

• edited December 2022

So... They just did a 2001 Space Odyssey homage for this new Barbie trailer. Or maybe it's in the actual movie?
    Either way, I am confused and impressed and surprised, and Greta Gerwig now has my undivided attention.

• Trailer for my newest short, Vultures, coming in 2023.

• updated my profile pic. chicken buried in snow. It probably doesn't come across as well as a tiny profile picture, but I drew what I drew and that's what ya get.

little album of other sketched out concepts that I abandoned

• edited December 2022

In the middle of reading this interesting report by the Wall Street Journal, detailing the inner turmoil at Disney and the power struggle by now former CEO Bob Chapek, and returning CEO Bob Iger. Iger had retired as CEO after 15 years, and was replaced by his handpicked candidate Chapek in February, 2020. What followed was Iger undermining him from the very start, turning everyone at the company against Chapek, holding secret meetings without Chapek’s knowledge, and other external and internal debacles at Disney (the pandemic, Disney+ hemorrhaging money, and social/political controversies, even culminating in a feud with Florida’s governor which saw Disney lose the tax exempt status of the Ready Creek Improvement District).

All of it is so fascinating to read. The company’s stock has lost almost half its value YTD, its market share has dwindled significantly, some of its films and shows have not had the desired impact financially speaking (heard even Avatar came in under expectations). Still working my way through the report.

Edit: Finally finished, the thing takes 30 minutes to read in full. I say this as someone who, up to last year, was a Disney shareholder, I respected Igor from a business standpoint. He ran a tight ship, pleased creatives, consumers, and executives, and ran the company well for 15 years. That said, while a good chunk of the blame is certainly on Chapek for making questionable decisions and taking strange actions, Igor is largely at fault. Simply put, Igor undermined him from the start, and couldn’t get past his own ego. He was still acting like the CEO, and didn’t let Chapek do his thing. By the time Igor truly left, he had sown enough discord and problems in numerous branches of the company, and had bred so much loyalty from his underlings, to the point where the CFO literally went behind everyone’s back to beg him to come back, that Chapek never had a chance. The CFO also withheld important financial numbers from him and used those numbers in board meetings to answer questions, that Chapek could not answer and did not know about.

Meanwhile, while I can understand some decisions and changes Chapek pursued, even if it angered some, there was a lot that he dropped the ball on, or simply ignored. His tenure became the equivalent of the dog in a burning house, saying “This is fine.” He painted a rosy picture, when the company was in shambles, to keep investors happy. He angered everyone, left and right, with Disney’s initial apolitical stance and later caving and overcompensating. He raised prices at the parks and looked to lay people off to cut costs (granted this was because profit margins were declining, but it withered further consumer confidence). He angered stars and creatives who were spoiled/pampered/treated well under Iger. The stock price tanked, enabling activist investors to come in, get seats on the board, and demand further radical changes to Disney’s business. Disney+, which was gaining subscribers like he had predicted, is losing billions of dollars, despite initial success at the start of the pandemic.

No one comes out of this looking rosy.

• edited December 2022

Nothing about Oxenfree 2 yet! However as a little holiday gift, Night School released some free high-quality wallpapers of all their games in the newsletter

https://nightschoolstudio.com/wallpapers-for-desktop-phone/

There's also 2 new key arts for Ox 2, which is neat

Also... snow confirmed I guess? There's a gif in there too of someone standing on a bridge under heavy snow.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2022

https://community.telltale.com/discussion/124625/who-wants-free-keys-to-games-on-steam-jingle-jam-2022-66-76-games#latest

Lupinboy is doing a Steam code giveaway of games featured in this year's Yogscast charity bundle, and they still have 66 codes left to give out. This year, the codes in the bundle that Lupin is giving away will expire by year's end, so make sure to check it out if you haven't already.

• Hello everyone , been busy w yesterday went to target and got an Echo Dot 5 and got and Buddy the elf T-Shirt at target…sadly the Echo Dot 5 with digi clock wasn’t available so I got the echo dot 5 instead I saw Yugioh cards on stock finally I saw the Blue Eyes White dragon deck .

• I just won fucking big. Getting a free, brand new, top of the line TaylorMade driver courtesy of Amazon.

This has been something on my wishlist for a while, I'm fucking ecstatic.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.