The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Bigby really gonna be talking to the biggest dirt bag in the game at the bar, hearing this character talk a ton of shit, with the choice of glass him coming up and then Bigby not only buys him a drink, but a round for the entire bar.

[GLASS HIM], but this time is actually means buy him a drink. Which wastes your currency and removes another choice option later on.

• The good ending. o:)

[GLASS HIM], but this time is actually means buy him a drink. Which wastes your currency and removes another choice option later on.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited March 2023

Good ending until you can't give Toad money for a new car. Since you totaled his. Again. Toad falls into a deep depression, drinks too much La Croix, and is found dead in the dumpster of a Greek restaurant in Midtown.

AChicken posted: »

The good ending.

• @MetallicaRules in honor of your favorite season and your favorite band.

• edited March 2023

Alot of people seem disappointed because they changed April. I'm confused because I don't really know if it's bad or not. Though I don't know why they changed her from her original look.

lupinb0y posted: »

I am once again thanking Spider-Verse for inspiring other studios to broaden their art styles. The visuals look fucking fantastic, I absolutely love the sketchy look! I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, hopefully it's good!

• The Wolf Among Us 2 and The Expanse

• edited March 2023

It's mostly the usual anger as far as I'm aware. I'm fine with her design, and I like that her hair has a tinge of red to it, plus the yellow jacket.

Though I don't know why they changed her from her original look.

TMNT doesn't really have the most diverse group of human characters... or many human characters actually. It's not the first time an iteration of April has appeared as black, so I personally didn't find it too surprising.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Alot of people seem disappointed because they changed April. I'm confused because I don't really know if it's bad or not. Though I don't know why they changed her from her original look.

• For some reason(prior to all the movies), when I was really young, I assumed the Ninja Turtles were black fellows turned into turtles. I have no idea why I thought that, but it makes me more than comfortable that this April is black.

We're talking that 4-5 year old innocence where it had nothing to do with stereotypes or anything. It was just how my mind processed them.

• Just cancel the game already. Nobody asked for an "Always Online" trash.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1633898861172277250

• So I guess it'll be like Gotham Knights now...

An underwhelming, suspiciously-live-service looking grindy looter shooter.

Not much will change since the main crux of the game can't exactly be removed...

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1633898861172277250

• In fact, this game could have been its own thing without using a DC property and you will see it as just another generic live-service third person shooter game that we have seen MILLIONS of times before.

I think this is gonna be much worse than Gotham Knights for two reasons alone. Online requirement for solo mode and all characters only relying on guns instead of having each use their own unique abilites. Captain BOOMERANG doesn't use boomerangs (Sokka would be ashamed) and King Shark doesn't bite or eat people, despite being um.....you know, a SHARK.

So I guess it'll be like Gotham Knights now... An underwhelming, suspiciously-live-service looking grindy looter shooter. Not much will change since the main crux of the game can't exactly be removed...

• edited March 2023

Don't know if this has been brought up before but it turns out Antimo & Welles, the guys who did the soundtrack for Minecraft: Story Mode released an album of unused/rejected music they did for the games. It's 18 tracks in total. I'm really liking it so far, though I get why some of these got cut. I hope new Telltale ends up working with them, the OST for Story Mode is legitimately great and I still go back and listen to it every now and again.

• the OST for Story Mode is legitimately great and I still go back and listen to it every now and again.

The tiny OST for the unreleased Stranger Things game is also really great and I keep going back to listen to it.

"Rebuilding Castle Byers" is my favourite.

Only this album and the Story Mode archives are on Spotify... wish they had the actual MCSM ost in there too...

Don't know if this has been brought up before but it turns out Antimo & Welles, the guys who did the soundtrack for Minecraft: Story Mod

• edited March 2023

This one's for @AronDracula and anyone interested in good video game essay content.

...This isn't actually a video essay, but their top-10 of 2022 games -- you should check out Signalis if you're at all a fan of survival horror titles, like Silent Hill or Resident Evil, as eurothug4000 notes here (at 18:33).

I've really been enjoying her videos about gaming and this stuck out to me as a neat reccomendation to share.

• edited March 2023

I just want everyone to know that there's a rumor about why Wolf 2 was delayed and honestly it is looking a bit grim.

They want Al Pacino to announce its next trailer at this years game awards. Al is a big fan and Wolf is actually the only video game he played. In fact, Geoff Keighley and Al's mutual love of the game was why he appeared at the VGA's in the first place. Many on the set of Scarface would see him play Wolf on his mobile device in his trailer and during the famous "Say Hello to my Little Friend!" scene, you can see the now historical goof of Al's Google Pixel with The Wolf Among Us visible on the set. They felt that after Al appeared last year, it was only fitting to use this opportunity to come full circle.

• Fun, but you know it would unironically be kind of awesome if Dunkaccino were to do that. But even better if he were to voice a character in Wolf.

Poogers555 posted: »

I just want everyone to know that there's a rumor about why Wolf 2 was delayed and honestly it is looking a bit grim. (Spoiler)

• edited March 2023

I think Dunk would be a great Boy Blue cast.

(But yes it would actually be very cool.)

Fun, but you know it would unironically be kind of awesome if Dunkaccino were to do that. But even better if he were to voice a character in Wolf.

• Yeah, I heard of it. Will play it at some point

This one's for @AronDracula and anyone interested in good video game essay content. ...This isn't actually a video essay, but their top-1

• edited April 2023

Just found out Borderlands 2 now has the most 2005 "click her for a virus" pop-up ad for New Tales. I hate it, but it is also the funniest shit I have ever seen.

• Getting Metallica tickets would definitely make taxes worth it

@MetallicaRules in honor of your favorite season and your favorite band.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Man, they're getting pretty desperate to sell New Tales, aren't they

if only they realized that making the game good was all it would've taken

Just found out Borderlands 2 now has the most 2005 "click her for a virus" pop-up ad for New Tales. I hate it, but it is also the funniest shit I have ever seen.

• Ke Huy Quan won an Oscar tonight and I'm so happy for the guy. Dude's had an amazing year for an amazing film, and found an amazing role that fits his positive innocence so well!

Also Everything Everywhere has swept up a lot of categories tonight which I especially love. Woooo

• And Michelle Yeoh won Best Actress, making her the first asian woman to win the category, and she's also Malaysian WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!

Ke Huy Quan won an Oscar tonight and I'm so happy for the guy. Dude's had an amazing year for an amazing film, and found an amazing role tha

• What will happen first: The Wolf Among Us 2 Releases, or the asking for Minecraft Season 3 Thread stops receiving new post

(True wild card is Minecraft 3 announced first if you're brave.)

• Imagine devolving into a quarter life crisis where everything's changing or fading away and the asking for minecraft season 3 thread is one of the most likely things from your past to never go away

What will happen first: The Wolf Among Us 2 Releases, or the asking for Minecraft Season 3 Thread stops receiving new post (True wild card is Minecraft 3 announced first if you're brave.)

• March 1st, 2023

• edited March 2023

Dreamworks got a lot of projects I guess! Trailer for their next animated film: Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken.
    Looks fun! Doesn't look really groundbreaking or particularly special, but a fun coming-of-age action film. I like the exaggerated arms and legs on the character designs.

Also definitely looks like they're spoiling the act 3 climax which kinda sucks

But at least it shows we'll get a kraken-sized kraken scene!

• 7 years.

7 years waiting for new music from Avenged Sevenfold. 3 of which were pretty much spent with absolute radio silence from the band, a complete unwillingness to tour for years, the cancellation of shows they promised they would play last year with practically no heads up, and the only thing we heard from them was nonstop promotion of NFT's and them acting all high and mighty about them (ironic for a band who's lead singer promotes left leaning causes while endorsing something so harmful to the environment).

And finally, FINALLY we get new album announcement and a new song, called Nobody. And what is the reaction to the first piece of music from a band that I used to consider my 2nd favorite behind Metallica?

Meh.

The music is cool, creating such an absurd and existential atmosphere, the guitar work and drums especially are brilliant. But Jesus, either M Shadows absolutely lost his voice and sounds like a cat who smoked 3 packs of cigarettes, or this was a creative choice that I just cannot get behind, he sounds like shit. And the song just, sort of, ends. It starts hard, goes hard, then just dies down with 2 minutes left, and fizzles toward an anticlimactic end.

I tried to sit on it for a few days, listen to it a few times to sit with me, and it just hasn't. Nobody, more like Nothing, because that's what I feel when I think about it. What we got now from A7X is a band that thinks they're smarter and bigger than what they are. I'll probably still get the album, but honestly, I hope the sales disappoint to bring the band back down to earth a bit.

• I checked out the song and can see where you're coming from. It might have worked out as a deep track, but it seems strange to have it as the first single. Maybe they just wanted to show off their cool skeleton stop-motion video, and the next song will be more what you expect. We can hope.

A long time ago, we had a user on these forums who was a super huge A7X fan. I wonder what she's thinking of the latest release.

7 years. 7 years waiting for new music from Avenged Sevenfold. 3 of which were pretty much spent with absolute radio silence from the ban

• Saw someone cosplayed as Chloe Price at Marshall’s ?

• Lance Reddick has passed away at age 60. May he rest in peace.

• I just fucking saw the news, absolutely crushing. I was actually going through the Horizon series again getting ready for the Burning Shores DLC, when I saw the news. He owned Sylens in the game, one of if not the best character in the game. He's too major of a role to be written out, so it looks like he will have to be recast, and whoever does will have some huge shoes to fill. RIP Mr. Reddick, thank you for your amazing talents.

I've never seen The Wire, but heard he was great in that show as well. Maybe this will be the motivation I need to get into it.

Lance Reddick has passed away at age 60. May he rest in peace.

• Saw the news on both zFacebook and Twitter .

Heartbreaking.

• I'm not very familiar with the guy. I only know him as the guy who played Wesker in that horrible Netflix Resident Evil show. I heard he was one of the only good parts of the series. I wouldn't doubt it but he made a poor choice of words to call everyone who hated the show "Haters and trolls". He didn't understand the main reason why it flopped. I'm not sure if he passed with the same thoughts. Nonetheless, may he rest in peace.

I didn't even know he was in the first John Wick first. That's because I only seen that film once and I have no attachment to it.

• edited March 2023

He had such a distinct voice, it gave everything he said so much gravitas. I mainly knew him for his role in John Wick and some of his various voice roles and he's great in all of them.

Of course, can't forget his magnum opus.

I just fucking saw the news, absolutely crushing. I was actually going through the Horizon series again getting ready for the Burning Shores

• I fell doing insulation in my basement.
    Messed up my foot(I fell on the pile of insulation, my foot hit a bin).

Tired of people talking about how much better the public health system is outside the US? Here's the bad part....

So, my foot might be fractured or just other injures, but it's not bleeding(internally nor externally). Almost all walk-in clinics are closed because it's Sunday(eyeroll), my only option would be the hospital.

The hospital is going to be packed due to walk-ins being closed, and hospitals deal with patients on a priority basis. No bleeding, so I'd probably be waiting 6-12 hrs just to be sent for an xray.

So... sucks for me... but not for those with life-threatening injuries.

I fell yesterday afternoon. It was sore, but I could walk on it. By the evening, I couldn't even walk on it. This morning, I can gingerly shuffle along, but not too well. If I broke anything, it'd be a metatarsal. Never broken one, but the rule of thumb from when I was a kid was "if you can walk on it, it isn't broken".

Gonna give it til tomorrow.

• Sorry about that friend. I've had some serious foot injuries myself, although never had to wait that long before seeing a medical professional. I hope the pain continues to subside and that old adage is true.

Johro posted: »

I fell doing insulation in my basement. Messed up my foot(I fell on the pile of insulation, my foot hit a bin). Tired of people talking

• Heard this the other day too. It's a horrible shame, dude was a really memorable actor -- he always has such a captivating screen presence.

The first and most iconic role I saw him in was as the co-bad guy Mr. Hatch in Remedy's Quantum Break.

He's also the hotel secretary in John Wick and was also really cool in those films.

And even in the terribly inaccurate, ridiculous Resident Evil Netflix series, I've heard he was still the most solid part of that project lmao.

Apparently he was a major character in Destiny & Destiny2... was in many major content drops for many years, and even played the game himself. There was a really sweet news article I read yesterday about thousands of D2 players honoring him in game.

• Just saw this and haven't had the chance to read about it, but very unexpected

Sign in to comment in this discussion.