The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Bingo! it's a rotfiend :P

Menofthe214 posted: »

I assume the first monster is a Drowner, I guess the second one is a water hag maybe, but what is the third monster? Edit: Is the 3rd monster a rottfiend?

• So I have been playing The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt with the Next Gen update on PC does anyone know where I can get the new armors and quests without any spoilers.

• First 2 sets can be found in Vizima palace, in the chamber where you talk with Yennefer for the first time. They're in the chest somewhere

And the last set can be obtained by doing a quest near the devil's pit in Velen

So I have been playing The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt with the Next Gen update on PC does anyone know where I can get the new armors and quests without any spoilers.

• Ah cool thanks for your help! I appreciate it 😇

bruzdaa posted: »

First 2 sets can be found in Vizima palace, in the chamber where you talk with Yennefer for the first time. They're in the chest somewhere And the last set can be obtained by doing a quest near the devil's pit in Velen

• Happy Easter.

• Happy easter.

Day of chickens. Laying eggs.🥚

There is no easter bunny.

Happy Easter.

• Happy Easter to you as well, friend!

Happy Easter.

• just been announced that Star Wars Visions Season 2 comes out on May 4th!

Another 9 new shorts reimagining Star Wars in unique ways from 9 new animation studios. This season has much less of a focus on Japanese animation, but a lot more diversity between 2D and 3D design.
    Aardman Animations (Wallace and Gromit) have created an episode for this season!

• Spider-Verse styled Star Wars animated short WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! It all looks so good and it's releasing in less than a month!

I hope Wallace and Gromit have a little background cameo or something in the Aardman short.

AChicken posted: »

just been announced that Star Wars Visions Season 2 comes out on May 4th! Another 9 new shorts reimagining Star Wars in unique ways from

• edited May 2023

My most anticipated animated film of the year, just next to Spider-Verse. Both are coming out in the same month though. This is like the Avengers for Resident Evil. Please be fucking good.

• This does look pretty cool! Finally a film with all the protagonists of Resident Evil together 😂😂

AronDracula posted: »

My most anticipated animated film of the year, just next to Spider-Verse. Both are coming out in the same month though. This is like the Avengers for Resident Evil. Please be fucking good.

• I hope it's better than Infinite Darkness. That one was... rough to say the least.

• I also hope it's better than Vendetta. That movie was just a big missed opportunity.

lupinb0y posted: »

I hope it's better than Infinite Darkness. That one was... rough to say the least.

• Just based on clips circulating the internet, I'm kinda amazed that the recent Total Drama Island revival has retained nearly the exact same art style and animation, just now it's HD.

Though it looks like most of its humour is still stuck in the mid-2000s... There's really an entire episode relying almost entirely on fart jokes??

• Knowing Aardman would one day make anything Star Wars related would’ve blown my mind as a kid

just been announced that Star Wars Visions Season 2 comes out on May 4th! Another 9 new shorts reimagining Star Wars in unique ways from

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited April 2023

The animation has always been a personal favorite, although if that's the humor I am disappointed :(.

Just based on clips circulating the internet, I'm kinda amazed that the recent Total Drama Island revival has retained nearly the exact same

• They also recasted the host Chris McLean (same design, different VA) and that's also got fans super disappointed. :(

The animation has always been a personal favorite, although if that's the humor I am disappointed .

• "This game series adapts to the choices you make. The story is tailored by how you play"

Can't wait to see this appear on my screen again, first with Expanse, then with Wolf. I missed this stuff so much.

• This game couldn't be more true to its title. It killed itself.

They should just cancel this game at this point. https://twitter.com/suicidesquadRS/status/1646593761022038017

• edited April 2023

Now this is pretty interesting! It's a choose your own adventure game with the twist of it being a musical with a ton of recognisable names. This looks like something up your alley @AChicken

It looks pretty cool! I don't think I've ever seen a game that's also a musical, so hopefully this is good.

The cast list:

• edited April 2023

Yoooo it's been so long since I've seen anything about this game.
    Thanks for the poke!

I remember the original announcement of Troy Baker being the voice director, Laura Bailey being the main character, and a clip showing off the musical gameplay, but then... nothing...

So now Humble Games partnered with them, huh. And it's coming out in the summer! Awesome! Gonna have a great choice-based time depending on when it releases near Expanse im sure 😚

Edit: so it actually went through a name-change. Used to be called Chorus: a Musical Adventure! Also I didn't know it was fan-backed! Ooh

lupinb0y posted: »

Now this is pretty interesting! It's a choose your own adventure game with the twist of it being a musical with a ton of recognisable names.

• edited April 2023

You know what's great about making long car ride, it gave me ample time to listen to the brand new Metallica album, 72 Seasons.

Overall, a really strong album. As of now, I would put this slightly over their previous release, Hardwired...to Self Destruct, but it very well can be seen as a sort of sister album to that, they sound very similar. I will say that this album feels more consistent in terms of quality (Hardwired started off fantastic, then really starts to lull in the middle and towards the end, before finishing incredibly, while 72 seasons starts off a bit slow, but picks up more as the album progresses). The song writing is really strong, touching on some personal and private matters, James Hetfield's lyricism and singing is some of his best in recent memory, it feels very cathartic for him as he talks about internal darkness, temptation, suicide, grief, misery, addiction, and redemption.

My main critique would be that it feels too polished. Don't know what it is, they're only one of the biggest bands on the planet, but Metallica can never produce an album that sounds right. It either suffers from crappy production (...And Justice For All, St. Anger) or over-production (Death Magnetic, 72 Seasons). And while I like long songs, I'll admit that, like some of their recent stuff, it can drag on for too long. Trim a minute or two, speed it up, and it would help the song a lot.

My personal Metallica discography ranking:
    1. Master of Puppets (5/5, god tier, one of the greatest of all time)
    2. Ride the Lightning (4.9/5, soooooooooo close to perfection)
    3. Death Magnetic (4.5/5, musically fantastic, production is ass)
    4. ...And Justice For All (4.2/5, songs can be a bit long and there's no bass, but still a classic)
    5. Metallica (The Black Album) (4/5, some dull stuff, but some of their best songs)
    6. Kill em' All (3.8/5, the start of it all, it's raw and powerful, but they're still figuring out their sound)
    7. 72 Seasons (3.5/5, pretty consistent, but some tracks that need to be trimmed down or removed)
    8. Hardwired...to Self Destruct (also 3.5/5, also needs to be trimmed down and the fat removed, but the best songs on this album are really fucking good, a higher ceiling than 72 but a lower floor)
    9. Load (3/5, a weird shift in music that is hit and miss, but well produced)
    10. St. Anger (2.5/5, gets way too much hate, but yeah, it's got some serious problems, but it was a necessary album at this stage)
    11. Reload (1.5/5, honestly just take the best songs from this and Load, get rid of the other half, and you'd have a solid album)

72 Seasons song rankings (subject to chance after subsequent listens)
    1. Lux Æterna
    2. 72 Seasons
    3. Inamorata
    4. Room of Mirrors
    5. Shadows Follow
    6. Too Far Gone?
    7. If Darkness Had a Son
    8. Screaming Suicide
    9. Chasing Light
    10. Sleepwalk My Life Away
    11. Crown of Barbed Wire
    12. You Must Burn!

Edit: Apparently I'm in the minority for You Must Burn! Some people saying it's one of their favorites from the new album. I'll give it another listen, but I remember finding it lacking a bit outside of a heavy groove.

• Recently saw them appear on Jimmy Kimmel as promo for their new album! Meant to poke you about it, but obviously you're already in the know (and listened to it!) :lol:

You know what's great about making long car ride, it gave me ample time to listen to the brand new Metallica album, 72 Seasons. Overall,

• WB Games won’t let them cancel that game after they invested so much money into it. 😂

They should just cancel this game at this point. https://twitter.com/suicidesquadRS/status/1646593761022038017

• Why is there so much drama about re4 remake man. I didnt really notice how far that rabbit hole went. I didnt know that its being review bombed on Metacritic (pc version is at like a 6 even though on Steam, the only place to buy it on pc, is at 97% lmao) Now there's that video by crowbcat that is hilariously dishonest.

• Yeah, Crowbcat's recent video was originally called "Soul vs Soulless" but now he changed it to "Resident Evil 4 Remake is a masterpiece". Something tells me he is another of these guys who are stuck in the past. He seems upset by the fact that we can't look at Ashley's panties anymore. Why they are so obssessed about this useless detail is beyond me.

I honestly don't get why it's getting reviewed bombed on Metacritic. I heard that most of these reviewers are complaining about cut content. After finishing the game five times, there is not a single moment that made me go "Why did they have to cut this? It wasn't broken". It doesn't even have as much cut content as RE2 and 3 Remakes did. They might as well just remove the User Score from Metacritic cause it's obviously being abused by people who didn't even play the specific games.

Poogers555 posted: »

Why is there so much drama about re4 remake man. I didnt really notice how far that rabbit hole went. I didnt know that its being review bom

• Just weird in general. I dont think Re4 remake is pure perfection best game I ever played with 0 critique, but its still extremely solid and a lot of fun to play, and at the moment best game of the year imo. Very well put together, nothing polarizing, and the few critiques I have are very small and not nearly enough to say it hurt my experience with the game. I think most people who are upset don't like that it is a reimagining, even though not much is changed. And the Ashley stuff is always pretty silly. Imagine if they kept that in, you know? Kind of ruins the much more improved arch's of her and Leon's relationship.

Yeah, Crowbcat's recent video was originally called "Soul vs Soulless" but now he changed it to "Resident Evil 4 Remake is a masterpiece". S

• None of RE games are perfect. I have very small criticism but they don't affect my experience whatsoever. It makes me wonder why they criticize this one but NOT RE2 Remake whose cut content was more obvious. I am talking about the B scenario (AKA the second campaign). It alwasy bothers me how that campaign is filled with plot holes, incosistencies and repeated bosses.

And yeah, it was never fitting for Leon to pervertly look under her skirt, especially when this is a different Ashley. A human one. Resident Evil has great looking women but that was never the focus. No one should play Resident Evil for sexual innuendos. That shit belongs to the Witcher games.

Just weird in general. I dont think Re4 remake is pure perfection best game I ever played with 0 critique, but its still extremely solid and

• edited April 2023

I watched a playthrough of RE 4 remake so I can’t speak of the gameplay (but it looks good)

My only big criticism is that they toned back the cheese too much. I’m not expecting the ballistics line to make a return, but the campy dialogue was part of what made RE 4 special and it’s just missing a bit of that dumb charm.

Other than that I’d say it’s a pretty good remake.

Why is there so much drama about re4 remake man. I didnt really notice how far that rabbit hole went. I didnt know that its being review bom

• There are still some cheesy lines present, like "Where's everyone going? Bingo?" and some new ones like "Time for the teacher to be taught".

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I watched a playthrough of RE 4 remake so I can’t speak of the gameplay (but it looks good) My only big criticism is that they toned back

• You try coming up with cool one liners right after nearly avoiding death.

There are still some cheesy lines present, like "Where's everyone going? Bingo?" and some new ones like "Time for the teacher to be taught".

• That's Leon for ya

Johro posted: »

You try coming up with cool one liners right after nearly avoiding death.

• Yeah I’m glad they left lines in and it didn’t ruin the experience for me, I just wanted a little bit more of the cheesiness.

I’m also not saying RE 4 remake pales to the original. Ashley and Luis are nearly perfect in the remake and the gameplay from what I hear is really good. It does outshine the original in certain ways, there’s just some choices I didn’t really agree with.

There are still some cheesy lines present, like "Where's everyone going? Bingo?" and some new ones like "Time for the teacher to be taught".

• I think there is still a good enough amount of cheese. In general I think they left enough of it, and the gameplay does have some pretty good ones too (although "Sorry, must have tripped!" Can get a bit old lol.) And although it isn't really cheese, I do like Leon's jokes like "I wanted to get out of here but Ashley just had to see this castle" and if you bring Ashley down to where you fight the big guy in the dungeons she will ask if that was the animal Leon was talking about and he'll say "No you can't keep it." There was one Leon Ashley interaction during combat that happened for me once, again wasn't cheese but it was along the lines of Ashley being surprised and yelling Leon and Leon saying he got too cocky. Not sure what triggers it, but it was pretty good. In general liked Ashley and Leon's banter a lot like swinging across chandlers and all that.

I think my only real criticisms would be sometimes Leon's combat feels sluggish because it wants the animations to be as realistic as possible, and sometimes enemies combo stun you. Saddler is under used and probably should have had more interactions like in the original and that Ada's voice acting is noticeably weak. Although for Ada's voice I think that falls more so on Capcom's casting directors, no idea why they cant seem to keep a constant voice for characters, or why they'd cast a performance that was unfortunately very noticeably lacking.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I watched a playthrough of RE 4 remake so I can’t speak of the gameplay (but it looks good) My only big criticism is that they toned back

• edited April 2023

Oh I'll say it, the remake is better than the original. Improvements to Ashley and the elimination of QTEs, brilliant.

RE4 was also not my favourite original. I was an RE2 guy.
    (If anyone is wondering, no, I do not think that remake was better than the original.)

• edited April 2023

Also I wonder whats next for RE now. A lot of people are thinking RE5 Remake but idk, I really dont feel like that would really work too well and would probably fall to the same issues people had about it not really being "RE" anymore. I know a few years ago when RE4 remake was rumored everyone thought it didnt really need one, but RE4 was the bridge between survival horror and action. RE5 and 6 are really just action games through and through. I think Code Veronica would be good and would go a bit less action focused. Dino Crisis remake would also be really cool. Although in general I am fine with it being a while before another remake, I'd like to see some more new stuff.

Also I remembered that big Capcom leak and apparently there were 2 other Re games being made, although one is rumored to have been canned and the other is seemingly about Hunk. So either way, I wonder what is next.

Also funny:

POV: First time playing RE4 Remake

• Huh, Crowbcat just changed the title and description back to what he originally wrote. This is the VERY first time I think ill of this guy. I always thought he knew better. What a fucking imbecile.

• I would definitely love a Code Veronica remake, even though I never liked the original due to its new characters, the unbalanced gamepay and so many instances that made me restart the game right from the beginning. There are barely any things that I loved about it. The only ones that I can think is the return of Wesker and Chris and Claire finally reuniting. They should put more focus on Wesker, give Steve the same treatment as Ashley, make the Ashford twins less anime and fix the pacing.

Also I wonder whats next for RE now. A lot of people are thinking RE5 Remake but idk, I really dont feel like that would really work too wel

• especially when this is a different Ashley. A human one.

While on the topic... Let me introduce you to Mouse Ashley (Moushley), which is probably going to be my favourite meme from this year, even if I don't really care/know too much about RE. It had taken over twitter late March and it is wholesome AF (wheres that wholesome thread when you need it)

Also it is REAL

Sign in to comment in this discussion.