The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Me at the Telltale Expanse release date event asking very relevant questions about Wolf 2 (I am impatient and shouldnt be asking Wolf 2 questions at such an event)

• I know this isn't the section for it, but I finally beat The Final Season of TWD.
    I liked it. Last episode was just alright, but I thought the rest of the season was actually really good. Still pissed I never got to kill Arvo though

• You'd be shouting and nobody responding like that Minecraft thread here unfortunately.

Poogers555 posted: »

Me at the Telltale Expanse release date event asking very relevant questions about Wolf 2 (I am impatient and shouldnt be asking Wolf 2 questions at such an event)

• How it feels knowing right now at this very moment, Gearbox is writing the worst possible storyline for Fiona possible and there's nothing that can stop it

(This has been your weekly randomly bring up Gearbox meme)

• If Dan Snyder can finally be forced into selling the Redskins/Commanders, then surely, one day, Pitchford could be forced to leave Gearbox

How it feels knowing right now at this very moment, Gearbox is writing the worst possible storyline for Fiona possible and there's nothing that can stop it (This has been your weekly randomly bring up Gearbox meme)

• edited May 2023

playing borderlands 4 and Fiona doesnt even show up at all because Gearbox never follows through on any of their narrative threads

How it feels knowing right now at this very moment, Gearbox is writing the worst possible storyline for Fiona possible and there's nothing that can stop it (This has been your weekly randomly bring up Gearbox meme)

• Alan Wake is now 13 years old. Not a peep of an update on the sequel since it's reveal.

Still on track for this year though, so I'm expecting we'll finally see a meaty presentation in Keighley's Game Fest.

• Hey guys. Sorry I have been awol lately, my computer went kaput. Going to get a new one. Something that can actually run a PC game well. Maybe my TF2 skills will finally improve. Hope to get it this week.

I was going to post a gif with a monkey and a computer and mobile does not want to cooperate. Oh well.

• Darn, missed the computer.

Hey guys. Sorry I have been awol lately, my computer went kaput. Going to get a new one. Something that can actually run a PC game well. May

• Just like Spider-Man 2. Both games aim to release this year, yet no new trailers or gameplay. I hope this is not a red flag. If both show up at either Playstation Showcase or SummerGame Fest, then it's all good.

AChicken posted: »

Alan Wake is now 13 years old. Not a peep of an update on the sequel since it's reveal. Still on track for this year though, so I'm expecting we'll finally see a meaty presentation in Keighley's Game Fest.

• Finally! A Playstation Showcase presentation is happening next week, the 24th of May. 1pm Pacific, 9pm if you're British.

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/05/17/youre-invited-playstation-showcase-broadcasts-live-next-wednesday-may-24-at-1pm-pacific-time/

It'll be just over an hour and focus on major upcoming PS5 and PSVR2 games.

• edited May 2023

It has finally been revealed that The Expanse is releasing its first episode on July 27th with pre-orders going up on June 1st! The following episodes will releasing every two weeks according to the accompanying article.

Also surprise reveal that the game will also be getting DLC! They must be pretty fuckin' confident with the quality of this game if they already have DLC planned.

I wonder if this means that Wolf 2 might also get DLC. Come on Winter Wolf baybeeeeeeeee

Not familiar with The Expanse? That’s fine! This game is set prior to the events of critically acclaimed and award-winning television series. Players take on the role of Camina Drummer (played by actress Cara Gee in both the game and TV series), the XO of a scavenger crew on the hunt for a mysterious treasure on the edges of The Belt.

As Drummer, you must deal with a mix of powerful personalities, square off against a bloody mutiny, explore locations beyond The Belt, and make tough decisions that will decide the fate of The Artemis crew. Scour shipwrecks, use mag boots to walk on walls and ceilings, and utilize Zero-G thrusters to float through sections of ships and the open expanse of space in the largest and most immersive exploration of any Telltale game to date.

They're also once again highlighting the exploration aspect of the game which intrigues me. There must be a ton of stuff to look at and interact with if they're making such a big deal out of it.

• I think this probably wouldnt mean much for Wolf getting DLC. There was that recent interview where they said that Expanse is basically a Deck 9 game that Telltale is publishing, and Deck 9 has done a DLC chapter for there 2 previous games. Weirdly one thing I am most excited about Expanse is that it will be our first glimpse on how Telltale operates with their partners, although by the sounds of it it seems Telltale's actual development side has been the one largely focused on helping with Wolf rather than Expanse.

lupinb0y posted: »

It has finally been revealed that The Expanse is releasing its first episode on July 27th with pre-orders going up on June 1st! The followin

• edited May 2023

Also, I am glad it seems 2 week wait times is what they are going with all their upcoming games. I think that is a great way to space out episodes as 1 week is about the episode release and the next is for marketing the next episode. It is also short enough that people don't lose interest.

It has finally been revealed that The Expanse is releasing its first episode on July 27th with pre-orders going up on June 1st! The followin

• So you think the DLC is another chapter and not some cosmetics or something? It’s only five more dollars, which in my experience is usually more cosmetics, although that experience is also in totally different genres of games.

I think this probably wouldnt mean much for Wolf getting DLC. There was that recent interview where they said that Expanse is basically a De

• Gimme Spider-Man 2 and Alan Wake 2 this time. Otherwise, SummerGameFest is the only second chance for Sony to do.

Finally! A Playstation Showcase presentation is happening next week, the 24th of May. 1pm Pacific, 9pm if you're British. https://blog.pl

• I kinda expected the price increase, hope it'll be worth it. No surprises regarding the Epic exclusivity, but at least it's officially confirmed now.

Having a constant release schedule is really neat and I'm especially glad that the episodes will be releasing bi-weekly, which is imo a perfect sweet spot. Enough time to play and discuss each episode properly, but not enough for people to actually forget what previously happened (and, you know, lose their mind, because waiting 3-4 months for one episode was insane lol).

Since the deluxe edition is only 5$ more expensive, I wonder if the DLC will be more akin to Batman Shadows Edition than an extra episode.

• Awww yeah here we goooo

This is great news, glad to hear we finally have a release date and schedule for the episodes.
    I'm a little surprised with the price (agh it's gonna be over 50$ in maple-bucks) but I was gonna get it anyway so...
    Plus if this is gonna be the big return of Telltale's choice-based style, I'd hope it's got some good replayability to it.

I agree with Pipas that this might be some bonus render mode like Batman.
    It says "future DLC" which is surprising, but for just 5 bucks it's probably either costumes or an extra mode for each episode.

• Hmm didnt really click with me that Deluxe was only 5 dollars more lol

Can't be too sure I guess. True Color's DLC was 10 bucks and the base price was 60, so if this is 40, I could see 5 dollars having some kind of bonus chapter thing. No idea though, and now that you say that I think you could be right (although 5 dollars for cosmetics in a narrative game is some New Tales lame stuff)

So you think the DLC is another chapter and not some cosmetics or something? It’s only five more dollars, which in my experience is usually more cosmetics, although that experience is also in totally different genres of games.

• I think 40 dollars is a reasonable price for a Telltale game. Telltale Games were honestly too damn cheap for what the budgets were (obviously if higher prices, less people may buy, sort of a bad cycle.) I wonder if Wolf 2 will keep the same price and release schedule? Honestly they probably could have gotten away with selling Wolf 2 for more than 40 dollars if it released first, raising after Expanse being 40 could be seen as a bit greedy.

I know it wont happen because no way an exclusive deal would be this short, but honestly if Telltale could do exclusivity for only 10 weeks on epic, and then after the finale releases, release the whole season on Steam, I think people who will never touch epic would probably not have a real issue with it.

and, you know, lose their mind, because waiting 3-4 months for one episode was insane lol

POV: Its 2024, and you played the first episode of Wolf 2 4 months ago and episode 2 still isnt out. Something went horribly wrong. (History Repeats)

Pipas posted: »

I kinda expected the price increase, hope it'll be worth it. No surprises regarding the Epic exclusivity, but at least it's officially confi

• edited May 2023

me when the post credit scene of The Expanse episode 5 has a mysterious astronaut board the ship just to reveal its Bigby Wolf who then goes on a long spiel about how long its been and how its finally time to "Get back to what we know you wanted" and pulls out a copy of Minecraft Story Mode Season 3 and says "Day 1000."

• That's better than the Sam & Max crossover I've been imagining. "Aw, Sam, do we have to stop at cutting off only one of his legs?"

me when the post credit scene of The Expanse episode 5 has a mysterious astronaut board the ship just to reveal its Bigby Wolf who then goes

• I will miss the monthly waits we had here, ohhhh how time flies 😢

Also, I am glad it seems 2 week wait times is what they are going with all their upcoming games. I think that is a great way to space out ep

• What the fuck did they do to the Witcher, like holy fucking hell...
    This is the official poster for this show...

https://comicbookmovie.com/tv/netflix/the-witcher/the-witcher-season-3-promo-art-gives-us-a-first-proper-look-at-the-villainous-wild-hunt-a203339
    At this point I really hope that The Witcher never gets a tv adaptation ever again...

• I don't know what it is with comment-regurgitating bots and this website, but I'm glad it's given me the most ugly proof that current AI only knows how to put what's already written by someone else through a Thesaurus and pass it off as original

• Thought I was looking at a high school poster.
    I feel like the show could've been a better and more lore accurate than the 2002 Polish show but I really wish Andrzej Sapkowski never gave the Netflix showrunner the rights. I don't know why she would be a showrunner considering she hates the books so much. Not to mention she also claimed Henry Cavil mistreated women during production only because Cavil said he wanted the show to represent the books better and be more lore accurate, hence that's one of the reasons he left, other than being in another Man of Steel role (which he never got).

bruzdaa posted: »

What the fuck did they do to the Witcher, like holy fucking hell... This is the official poster for this show... https://comicbookmovie.

• What is mind-boggling to me is that Netlfix gave such ip to the likes of Pissrich. These people have no experience at all and even worse, are arrogant and narcissistic. I hate that these days producers don't even try to make something good. As long as it's popular they'll release the biggest shams you can imagine, because they know it will sell... You have then Witcher, Marvel, and Star Wars (look at the quality drop of Mandalorian and don't even get me started with Kenobi or Boba Fett...)

Menofthe214 posted: »

Thought I was looking at a high school poster. I feel like the show could've been a better and more lore accurate than the 2002 Polish show

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Huh, apparently Deck Nine had some layoffs recently

• edited May 2023

Just saw a bunch of these. I wonder if there's something going on at Deck Nine or if it's layoff season.

dojo32161 posted: »

Huh, apparently Deck Nine had some layoffs recently https://twitter.com/lizbetballou/status/1659657525715939329

• Lots of tech companies are laying people off right now. For some of them, it's because they hired people too quickly without having the anticipated workload show up. For others, shareholders are approaching the executives and saying, "Companies X, Y, and Z are laying people off, why not you, too?" Fortunately, unemployment is also low, so finding another job isn't as bad as usual (not to say that people don't get devastated at being laid off, just that it could be worse).

Just saw a bunch of these. I wonder if there's something going on at Deck Nine or if it's layoff season.

• So that Bruner house Star Trek game is releasing in 2 days...Looks like they're charging 39.99 like the Expanse. I dunno I'm intrigued but not 40 dollars intrigued. It looks like an evolution of pre-closure telltale but not by much. Visually it looks like its still running on the telltale tool, but I still think TFS looked better than this. Man. It's gonna be interesting to hear what people think about this.

• I think what feels pretty strange about how it releases so soon is that they did a whole news drop thing a year ago doing interviews and showing gameplay, and that's all they've done and now it comes out in 2 days. If you go to their twitter you'll see them mostly showing off the voice cast, but still not even a launch trailer or anything like that. People aint seen new footage of this game in a year and that footage was pretty rough looking. And I agree I think it visually looks not that great, and it should be on Unreal Engine too, but I don't know if they said if they are using 4 or 5 like Wolf 2 said they did.

Its still pretty weird knowing there's a good amount of people who talked so poorly about Bruner and then went back to work with him again. I can understand though that a lot of these devs liked making games like this, so I'm sure that would be a reason to return. Situation is just weird all around, but I think the best lesson is that for the future it probably is best for us who frankly don't know what is happening behind the scenes to act like we do. I do wonder how this will turn out, I do hope it works out for them.

So that Bruner house Star Trek game is releasing in 2 days...Looks like they're charging 39.99 like the Expanse. I dunno I'm intrigued but n

• Also I just checked what the system requirements are, and they are a bit springily demanding for how this game looks, and that last year preview had a ton of frame drops, so hopefully it doesn't suffer with horrible performance

So that Bruner house Star Trek game is releasing in 2 days...Looks like they're charging 39.99 like the Expanse. I dunno I'm intrigued but n

• Gosh that's suuuuper weird, I hadn't heard of a peep about this game since last year's reveal. 2 days you say?! Wow.

There's plenty we probably we don't know about his relationship to the people who work in his company this time around, but it still seems pretty weird given how high-profile of an exit his was at TTG.
    Also uh haha this is weird, NewTelltale still follows him on twitter :hushed:

I think what feels pretty strange about how it releases so soon is that they did a whole news drop thing a year ago doing interviews and sho

• edited May 2023

Unreal engine 4/5 is crazy demanding so I'm not surprised about the specs being so high, its just poor optimization it seems like.

Also I just checked what the system requirements are, and they are a bit springily demanding for how this game looks, and that last year preview had a ton of frame drops, so hopefully it doesn't suffer with horrible performance

• New Telltale just took old Telltale's twitter and didn't really bother to unfollow anyone. They have no grudge with him as a new rebranded company either despite how scummy he was.

Gosh that's suuuuper weird, I hadn't heard of a peep about this game since last year's reveal. 2 days you say?! Wow. There's plenty we pr

• Me logging into my new PC.

• Me: Well, just finished Jedi Survivor. I’ve got a ton of other games in my library that I’ve never played, I should get to one of them.

My heart: Play Mass Effect again.

Me: Very convincing argument, here we go.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited May 2023

I suggest you challenge yourself and see how many species you can wipe out by the end of the trilogy.

Me: Well, just finished Jedi Survivor. I’ve got a ton of other games in my library that I’ve never played, I should get to one of them. My heart: Play Mass Effect again. Me: Very convincing argument, here we go.

• I…I just can’t do that man. I just don’t see how doing a genocide run is fun. The only thing I can do is…

Kill the Geth and EDI since destroy is the only acceptable ending in my eyes. I can’t doom the krogan because Wrex is my bro. The quarians aren’t getting killed because Tali single-handedly redeems the entire species. Batarians are pretty much wiped out regardless, so that doesn’t count. I just don’t have the stomach for a play through like that. Maybe I could if it was the asari, because honestly, they’re assholes, but even then it’s unlikely.

I suggest you challenge yourself and see how many species you can wipe out by the end of the trilogy.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.