The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I really tried to like it, but it was the most lackluster bf game I've ever played, miss battelfield 1.

I had gotten it after launch but because it didn't run well on my Xbox One I had to wait until I got my Series X in January of this year to

• Battlefield 1 was a great game, probably my favorite Battlefield game. They really knock it out of the park with that one.

I really tried to like it, but it was the most lackluster bf game I've ever played, miss battelfield 1.

• I still go back to it every now and then. (I've even got it installed on my PS5 right now!)
    Gosh, the soundtrack, the bleak atmosphere, the chaos of the battles, it really picked a memorable tone.

Battlefield 1 was a great game, probably my favorite Battlefield game. They really knock it out of the park with that one.

• Animation looks fantastic, love the set piece, and separating the main heroes is something that needed to happen in order to get the story moving and give the characters a chance to grow.

Just, please, be better than the last season. I know that’s setting the bar low, but it’s all I’m asking.

• July's a lot sooner than I would have thought! I was expecting a November release or something.

Animation looks fantastic, love the set piece, and separating the main heroes is something that needed to happen in order to get the story m

• They did say that they were working on all of the remaining seasons concurrently, and to expect much quicker releases going forward. I could be wrong, but I wouldn’t be surprised if most of S7 is already finished being written and is being actively worked on, meaning the final season could be out by this time next year, perhaps late 2024.

I would have thought August if I’m being honest, that way they can get all the press surrounding SDCC and show off a trailer there. But with that in late July, we could see an early July release of the season so that they can talk about it and do some Q&A instead.

lupinb0y posted: »

July's a lot sooner than I would have thought! I was expecting a November release or something.

• So apparently we all missed that Strongbad is going to be deactivated and there was a 1 month old post about it in the Strongbad section. Wonder how this all went down?

• edited May 2023

Thought it was just 1 day old. (EDIT: Misread, thought you meant the steam post, not here on the forums) I don't know how it went down but to speculate I guess maybe a renewal of licensing is coming up and telltale has seen that probably very few people bought the game. Essentially it wasn't profitable. But that's just a guess

Poogers555 posted: »

So apparently we all missed that Strongbad is going to be deactivated and there was a 1 month old post about it in the Strongbad section. Wonder how this all went down?

• Yeah I just saw that announcement and then checked here because I couldn't remember if Telltale still owned it or it was in limbo and was finally being delisted, then I saw the exact same post but from a month ago. They also very recently announced a remasters + new content for some I believe pre-Telltale Homestar Runner games so I wonder if that has something to do with it, even if it wasn't selling well I think it was still suppose to be "there's" to own. Although Wallace and Gromit was originally taken away and if I remember correctly it had something to do with how long the distribution rights lasted? So I think it probably might be that same kind of case.

captainivy1 posted: »

Thought it was just 1 day old. (EDIT: Misread, thought you meant the steam post, not here on the forums) I don't know how it went down but t

• edited May 2023

God this movie looks so fun, and the teens being teens gives so much life to the characters
    And I somehow missed the fact that this comes out in AUGUST??! I thought this was slated for the Fall! We only got the first trailer a few months ago... Hell yeah animation fiends

• A story trailer has been released for The Expanse with a ton of new scenes! The game is also officially up for pre-order!

• Deluxe Edition details have been revealed, and for just 5$ USD extra, you can get the digital soundtrack and a bonus episode focusing on a different TV series character!

A story trailer has been released for The Expanse with a ton of new scenes! The game is also officially up for pre-order!

• So it looks like it's some sort of treasure/resource hunt!

I like the cartoonishly realistic art style, it strikes a good balance between the two.

Some of the dialogue seems a bit iffy? The delivery seemed a bit strange with a few characters in there, but that might just be how they actually speak so IDK

A story trailer has been released for The Expanse with a ton of new scenes! The game is also officially up for pre-order!

• edited June 2023

Deluxe Edition details have been revealed, and for just 5$ USD extra, you can get the digital soundtrack and a bonus episode focusing on a different TV series character!

Oh wow that's really cheap! I think that cost as much as the 400 Days DLC from way back then, minus the soundtrack. Speaking of soundtrack, did they ever say who's composing it?

Some of the dialogue seems a bit iffy? The delivery seemed a bit strange with a few characters in there, but that might just be how they actually speak so IDK

I believe the Expanse universe has human races from different space colonies with entirely fictional languages and accents. It does sound a bit weird, but considering how closely they've talked about working with the creators, it's probably accurate to what's been shown before.

AChicken posted: »

So it looks like it's some sort of treasure/resource hunt! I like the cartoonishly realistic art style, it strikes a good balance between

• edited June 2023

Press first impressions are out for the first episode of The Expanse!

Some neat info include:
    There's a big focus on your relationship with your crew members.
    Exploration is free-roam and open ended.
    The game is made for anyone to jump into, regardless of whether or not they're a fan of the show/books.
    You can develope a romantic relationship with one of the characters.
    All the characters can live or die by the end of the game. That is pretty fuckin' HUGE news.
    When scavenging for materials, you can completely miss items which may or may not affect the narrative later down the line.
    The first episode is only an hour long, but if this means that there are a good amount of different branches that actually change up your story then hell yeah.

Reactions seem to be positive so far which is great news (for the first episode at least), and it's great to know that they're actually trying to make your choices matter which is something old Telltale (despite how much I loved them), repeatedly failed to do in any of their games.

I really hope they pull it off.

Here's a very positive video preview by Easy Allies if anyone is interested.

• it seems to be the art style but the faces look super jank to me

this guy is getting a special place in my nightmares

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I believe the Expanse universe has human races from different space colonies with entirely fictional languages and accents. It does sound a bit weird, but considering how closely they've talked about working with the creators, it's probably accurate to what's been shown before.

That and the universe has become a melting pot of different cultures, so there's a lot of people with very varied accents.

Deluxe Edition details have been revealed, and for just 5$ USD extra, you can get the digital soundtrack and a bonus episode focusing on a d

More than likely that character is Chrisjen Avasarala, which has me excited because I love her in the books.

Deluxe Edition details have been revealed, and for just 5$ USD extra, you can get the digital soundtrack and a bonus episode focusing on a different TV series character!

• I think it might be time to dust off the expanse community board now that we have some pretty substantial previews and information.

• edited June 2023

My one kind of worry is how short episode 1 is. That's like really short even for a telltale premiere. Im hoping they deliberately made episode 1 brief so they could show the game off at an event and that future episodes will be more around 90-120 mins. I didn't mind paying 20-25 bucks for a shorter season but 40-45 is a little rough if it ends up being 5-7 hrs.

Press first impressions are out for the first episode of The Expanse! Some neat info include: There's a big focus on your relationship w

Yeah, probably a good idea from this point forward to start discussing The Expanse in its section.

I think it might be time to dust off the expanse community board now that we have some pretty substantial previews and information.

• Glad the dlc is actual dlc instead of something silly like alternate costumes. Pretty excited to check this out and hearing some of the finer details is pretty exciting. It seems like they are really pushing choices so I hope we will see them have some major impacts. I am still worried the game isn't going to do that good sales wise. I know I've said it a lot but the trailers really do nothing for getting people to understand what this world is and what the story is about. Previous Telltale trailers were actually very effective in quickly getting someone unfamiliar with the IP to understand what the game is and what it was about, the only exception being the first Wolf trailer which is actually a really bad trailer but it had the hype of twd to bounce off of. The only thing they seem to say about why someone who knows nothing about Expanse should hop in is "Its a prequel so you dont need to know anything" which isn't that helpful when the trailers are missing those hooks that those people would need to be invested.

• edited June 2023

Also one thing about the deluxe edition that is a bit lame is that if you have it you get each episode 24 hours early. So instead of Thursdays it would be Wednesdays. Throwback to Telltale giving review keys to no-commentary channels to spoil everything immediately I suppose.

Not super sure how I feel about that. I wouldnt say this is like- bad, but I think the "early access" thing has to be one of the worst gaming trends.

• but I think the "early access" thing has to be one of the worst gaming trends.

It really is, especially in how it's used as a selling point to push higher-priced editions, but once that early period is over it's already an outdated and useless "feature".

Not to mention how it could needlessly open up the floodgates of spoilers for certain games much sooner for the average person.

It makes me groan and roll my eyes every time I see it used.

(--He says as he pre-orders and takes advantage of the 24-hr early access o:) oops

Also one thing about the deluxe edition that is a bit lame is that if you have it you get each episode 24 hours early. So instead of Thursda

• Also for a game like this it does kind of feel a bit of a divide as some people won't be waiting to play at the same time, and the "best part of waiting" was the countdown with everyone else, but now that will be split. At least it isn't a ridiculously high price and you do get that extra episode with it, but I think I'd prefer they didn't do it. Also I do wonder if once Expanse releases if the forums are going to be revamped, apparently Expanse has a section asking you to make a Telltale account.

Me in July after playing Expanse and hopping onto the forums just to see every old thread has been removed in wake of the new forums

but I think the "early access" thing has to be one of the worst gaming trends. It really is, especially in how it's used as a sellin

• edited June 2023

Honestly I'm surprised you get early access by simply just preordering. Usually they lock that kind of stuff with the deluxe edition. I ended up getting the deluxe edition anyways, since it was only 5 bucks more and if that means another 60-90 mins of content that's fine by me!

Also one thing about the deluxe edition that is a bit lame is that if you have it you get each episode 24 hours early. So instead of Thursda

• That meme came from a video????

Also for a game like this it does kind of feel a bit of a divide as some people won't be waiting to play at the same time, and the "best par

• Yep it's definitely a lot short than expected, and I do hope that future episodes are at the very least an hour and a half.

My one kind of worry is how short episode 1 is. That's like really short even for a telltale premiere. Im hoping they deliberately made epis

• It warms my old heart to see all this activity in our thread. It's great to have another game coming out for our beloved forums to soar. To the Expanse seection!

edited June 2023

Just to let everyone know, I've made a full series discussion thread for The Expanse, future news and discussions are encouraged to be held there. We've been pretty lax on that because... gestures at the last 5 years. We will not be making individual waiting threads for each episode for a variety of factors, but you may make one if you so wish.
    The Expanse: A Telltale Series - Full Season Discussion Thread

• Well, I finished the bathroom cabinets. Next up, replacing the drain heater in the fridge.

is 40yr old white guy excited

Yeah! Now who wants to BBQ and talk lawn mowers?

• edited June 2023

With some talk going on in the Expanse thread about the site needing (and maybe getting) a refresh once the new series is out, it makes me sad that the old sections might get axed (since there's really no benefit to keeping them alive, archived, when TTG doesn't even own their rights anymore.

It made me reminisce about my "Wonderful Details of GOTG" thread that I compiled every major and minor choice deviation in the series, as proof that this project was a different beast than the more linear New Frontier at the time...
    Also checked out the "details you've missed of GOTG" thread and all the fun discoveries people found of missing QTE's, dialogue branches and emails that pop up in-game.
    There's also this old twitter thread from writer Jess Krause about her work on 105, and teases about what to expect... 'essentially two episodes co-existing' is right! The Ep3 Eternity Forge + Ep4 Stop/Don't Stop Drax both intersected at once and offered pretty different scenes together.

Man, I've gotta copy some comments from those threads into a word doc and preserve it... :'(

• I do wonder what will "happen" to be honest. Unfortunately I think the IPs they don't own will have to be removed or at the very least hidden away as I am pretty sure technically they shouldn't be up at all right now. I think they were mainly waiting to do so whenever a forum update happens and I guess that may end up depending on how many people sign up (but also they'd probably want to do that before hand.)

Then there is the outcome of the forums are just straight up shut down. A lot forums have been steadily dropping over the years as I guess it is a bit of a dying platform. And if forums like Gearbox's shutdown with way more active users than here, it could probably happen.

With some talk going on in the Expanse thread about the site needing (and maybe getting) a refresh once the new series is out, it makes me s

• Hm, I think deleting those threads seem too drastic. They could just move all of them into some "Archives" section, no? 😅

With some talk going on in the Expanse thread about the site needing (and maybe getting) a refresh once the new series is out, it makes me s

• It’s going to be so depressing if they just blip this forum lol

I do wonder what will "happen" to be honest. Unfortunately I think the IPs they don't own will have to be removed or at the very least hidde

• The Bioware Forum was a big deal at the time they pulled the plug. There aren't a lot of developer website forums left and even less that allow casual conversation.

That happened before this forum became a "community" and that was what, a decade ago now?

I wouldn't be surprised if we go.
    I would love if the new releases brought in the younger demographic again just because it will bring purpose back to the forum. Let's be honest with ourselves, they aren't going to keep it for us. Most of us are pretty well out of the target audience.

• AChicken posted: »

• edited June 2023

And honestly, from what I’ve heard, we’re better off having the BioWare forum gone. Someone literally posted a long, detailed, and surprisingly scientific post about what the sweat of Tali’Zorah (a character confined to an, admittedly very skin tight, environmental suit due to her sensitive immune system) smelled and tasted like. And argued that the sweat itself could act as an aphrodisiac when consumed. It was so bad they actually made fun of it in Mass Effect 3.

It was the equivalent of Telltale making fun of saying “soon” in regards to new episode releases in TFTBL. Except way more creepy and disturbed.

Johro posted: »

The Bioware Forum was a big deal at the time they pulled the plug. There aren't a lot of developer website forums left and even less that a

Just came out of watching Across the Spider-Verse, fantastic movie, I cannot wait for Beyond next year.

• I blame reddit for the death of forums. The ease of one platform makes discussion gravitate towards there. I know at least DICE game still have forums, which isn't exactly saying much but it's something. Hopefully we will survive, and considering all we are somehow still alive...

And @MetallicaRules that is an epic post about Tali. It's great that we live in a society that people have time to write that stuff.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.