The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• been seeing lots of people on the web get inspired by the latest spider-man movie, making their own spider-OCs

Yeah... I'm feeling an urge to create my own spider-sona too heh

• Spider-Chick

AChicken posted: »

been seeing lots of people on the web get inspired by the latest spider-man movie, making their own spider-OCs Yeah... I'm feeling an urge to create my own spider-sona too heh

• That is one skin-tight suit!! Damn!

Neat pic though :blush:
    I'm experiencing a struggle trying to create a recognizable silhouette of my chicken in a suit, but the feathers and other protrusions don't make much sense as under "the costume".

I'll probably have to make some creative liberties in "showing some skin" perhaps

bruzdaa posted: »

Spider-Chick

• Fun fact: Molly Maloney (Narrative Designer on Telltale's many projects) is a Principal Narrative Designer at Remedy!

• Is 6666 actually inaccurate? It's about 1.8 visits per day, which is pretty reasonable IMO.

Just noticed I have 6666 visits to this community, wonder how many it actually is because I was here since 2013 💀

• Welcome! We don't often get new people, but we are happy to have you here!

Hey everyone. Just wanted to add that I'm new to the forums. Am a super fan of choice-based games

• edited June 2023

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I never got to play Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice so I'm glad they're getting released on PC!

Now come on Capcom, release the Investigations duology.

• I probably have like double or triple it because I used to be a lurker here when these forums were more alive in the twd/wolf days so idk maybe

Is 6666 actually inaccurate? It's about 1.8 visits per day, which is pretty reasonable IMO.

• Glad to hear! Hopefully I can bring some amazing content here.

Welcome! We don't often get new people, but we are happy to have you here!

• A month or so ago I backed the "Books 1-3" tier of the latest "How to Think When You Draw!" volume kickstarter. This meant I wasn't going to get Book 6, but instead physical copies of the previously-released-kickstarter-exclusive Vol.1-3

This is a collection of quick, easy-to-read drawing tutorials+tips the artist Lorenzo Etherington posts online and on his blog, in a compact, complete package.
    The tutorials are usually free online, but this is way easier to reference and flip through, and I think come with extra pages of content?
    But, I've got them now and it's pretty cool. The kickstarter said the books would arrive by Jan. 2024, so having it already in June is cool. I guess that's the "final expected ship date"...

Digital example tutorial (long image!)

• HiFi-Rush is getting a cool arcade mode update with a bunch of challenges, new combos, and costumes for all the characters!

• Someone should make an animated remake of a live-action film!! THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!!

• The trailer for Nimona, the animated movie by Blue Sky that Disney killed after the Fox buyout, is out! It looks really cute! I love the visuals and I'm a big fan of how deranged Nimona looks and acts in some of the scenes. Very much looking forward to this.

• Please do not give Disney any ideas.

Someone should make an animated remake of a live-action film!! THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!!

• edited June 2023

They did quite a few animated series based off live action movies back in the 90s. Some were good, some, I forgot even existed.

Please do not give Disney any ideas.

• edited June 2023

I've heard great things about Batman: The Audio Adventures -- a radio-show-esque series from HBO Max. It's got some camp, great voice-acting, and great SFX to sell all the auditory bliss...

Anyway, they finally put it out on music streaming services! It only used to be available on HBOM or youtube, but now it's on Spotify. So I can listen to it separately on my free-time or commuting!

• Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but sometimes I get a "website uses cookies" notification which has been changing a lot. So there may be some kind of forum update sooner than later as we get closer to Expanse

• It's a really fun series and the voice acting's great! Very camp with some serious moments mixed in. Also Gillian Jacobs does an incredibly spot on impression of Arleen Sorkin's Harley.

I've heard great things about Batman: The Audio Adventures -- a radio-show-esque series from HBO Max. It's got some camp, great voice-acting

• A coworker at work told me today (after mentioning his interest in the new Spider-Verse film) that he never saw the first one because he thought it was for kids. Because it's animated.

It took all my willpower not to have a heart attack right there and then. :sob:

He says he'll watch the first film on Netflix this weekend and might also go see the sequel if he has time.
    I hope he enjoys it?

• Imagine saying animation is for kids when shows like Simpsons, Family Guy and South Park exist.

A coworker at work told me today (after mentioning his interest in the new Spider-Verse film) that he never saw the first one because he tho

• I like how we live in a world where animation has to be crass to be considered not for kids. (not that those shows are bad though)

AronDracula posted: »

Imagine saying animation is for kids when shows like Simpsons, Family Guy and South Park exist.

• First look at the main cast of the Netflix Last Airbender series in costume.

There's always going to be that weird feeling when looking at characters that you're used to seeing in 2D in live action, especially with clothing and hair, but I think they look pretty good all things considered.

• Man I hope Wolf 2 delivers. I mean I know it will. Slim chance but it could be a GOTY nominee.

• I don't expect everything to be faithfully translated into live action but from the look of it so far, it does give me the Avatar vibes, more so than the non-existent whats-its-title film.

lupinb0y posted: »

First look at the main cast of the Netflix Last Airbender series in costume. https://twitter.com/AvatarNews_/status/1670202007964225537

• I know the game aint out yet and we really dont know much still, but if the game is as good as the trailer I can very easily see nominations and possible wins for performance and narrative.

Not super related, but it is pretty crazy how Telltale is back in just a month. But at the same time it doesn't feel like it is? Expanse looks like fun, but it also looks and feels like a Deck Nine game than a "Telltale" game. Just a bit weird of a feeling.

Ghetsis posted: »

Man I hope Wolf 2 delivers. I mean I know it will. Slim chance but it could be a GOTY nominee.

• There's like a dozen of you here with me. Reveal yourself.

I'm a bit flattered but also a little weird?
    My brother, stop lurking a dead site and join. I don't bite 😘

• Wait, you mean outsiders actually read our posts ._. (hi lurker)

There's like a dozen of you here with me. Reveal yourself. I'm a bit flattered but also a little weird? My brother, stop lurking a dead site and join. I don't bite 😘

• I've been in El Paso, Texas for less than a day, and I have come to a simple conclusion.

It's fucking hot!!!!!!

• edited June 2023

Just moved to Houston, TexaS from Orlando, Florida and I have to say it's definitely hotter then Florida. Sun does feel stronger.

I've been in El Paso, Texas for less than a day, and I have come to a simple conclusion. It's fucking hot!!!!!!

• Doug Cockle, voice of Geralt from the Witcher games has prostate cancer :(

• This is so bizarre. I guess they don't want to become ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

There's like a dozen of you here with me. Reveal yourself. I'm a bit flattered but also a little weird? My brother, stop lurking a dead site and join. I don't bite 😘

• My junior thesis film Vultures just won an award in the Best Shorts competition. Glad almost a year of work is paying off.

https://bestshorts.net/award-of-recognition-june-2023/?fbclid=IwAR3j-a4xT8ZwzSFJnTnykG-uleJ1_qu_9wp0nkv8OiEL0QCes_EzBq_6d6k

• Yay! That's really cool to hear!!

ralo229 posted: »

My junior thesis film Vultures just won an award in the Best Shorts competition. Glad almost a year of work is paying off. https://bestshorts.net/award-of-recognition-june-2023/?fbclid=IwAR3j-a4xT8ZwzSFJnTnykG-uleJ1_qu_9wp0nkv8OiEL0QCes_EzBq_6d6k

• I get it. I mean there's a chicken, a mink, a dracula, whatever the hell a pooger is... I don't know if I'd want me to know we were here either.

This is so bizarre. I guess they don't want to become ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

• edited June 2023

TWD: Michone: Telltale created me. And no one really cared.

"Telltale why did you make that game?"

• Episode names revealed for Netflix Avatar Season 1.

• edited June 2023

So first season will pretty much be a condensed version of the first season of the original series then.

The Last Airbender - The first three episodes.
    Warriors - Introducing the Kyoshi Warriors.
    Omashu - King of Omashu.
    Spirited Away - The introduction of the Spirit World.
    Into the Dark - I have no idea, probably something to do with Jet?
    Masks - The Blue Spirit.
    The North - Meeting with the Northern Water Tribe.
    Legends - The Siege of the North and revealing the Avatar state.

Seems like there won't be a Great Divide episode :disappointed:

AronDracula posted: »

Episode names revealed for Netflix Avatar Season 1. https://twitter.com/AvatarNews_/status/1671220672352370688

• The Great Divide was definitely one of the episodes of TV history

So first season will pretty much be a condensed version of the first season of the original series then. The Last Airbender - The first t

• Good thing I still have those DVDs of the original series!

• Seems like there won't be a Great Divide episode :disappointed:

I can’t believe they’re skipping the best episode of the show. What, are they stupid?

So first season will pretty much be a condensed version of the first season of the original series then. The Last Airbender - The first t

Sign in to comment in this discussion.