The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Biggest red flag so far :rage:

Seems like there won't be a Great Divide episode I can’t believe they’re skipping the best episode of the show. What, are they stupid?

• Finally, Geno fans can play Mario RPG for the first time!

• edited June 2023

new Super Mario Bros Wonder game announced, out this October. That month is STACKED

OMG wow Nintendo actually taking a chance on a new art style for Mario, strange new direction with voiced flowers, Charles Martinet giving new VA takes slightly higher pitched.

Looks real good.
    Also in this one Mario harnesses the power of dream logic? or Drugs, hardcore drugs?

• Guys, my wallet is in a coma right now. There are so many games that I wanna play this year and I only played three so far.

• And I still need to buy Tears of the Kingdom on top of that.

But then again, Mario Bros. Wonder and Mario RPG will probably be out before I ever finish Tears of the Kingdom lol...

• Same bro. It's staggering what big games are coming so soon (many beloved sequels)
    So far, games I wanna get this year include:

• new console remaster of Ghost Trick (out next week!)
    • Oxenfree 2 (out next month!)
    • Telltale's Expanse (August-September)
    • Alan Wake 2 (Mid October)
    • Spider-Man 2 (just a few days after)

I just got Zelda Tears of the Kingdom earlier this month and it is Overwhelming AF, but very fun to get lost in -- still haven't gotten into the main quest yet.

AronDracula posted: »

Guys, my wallet is in a coma right now. There are so many games that I wanna play this year and I only played three so far.

• edited June 2023

Thinking about how TWD Wolf and Tales were the 3 best Telltale games but all 3 had some kind of weird legacy-stain thing. Something made by different studios that really miss the mark.

TFTBL to New Tales. TWD to Clem comic. TWAU to TWAU Comic Adaptation. Some obviously worse than others. But dang.

• I just found out that the writer DIDN'T EVEN PLAY THE GAMES!!! She said she did play them and in a different interview, whenever it took place, she decided to confess that she didn't all of the sudden.

Robert Kirkman is such a moron for choosing her. He has no respect for the games that actually popularized the brand, not the goddamn tv show.

Poogers555 posted: »

Thinking about how TWD Wolf and Tales were the 3 best Telltale games but all 3 had some kind of weird legacy-stain thing. Something made by

• Wasn't the quote that she played them after she was asked to write it? Or are you talking about a different more recent interview where she says she actually didnt play any?

I just found out that the writer DIDN'T EVEN PLAY THE GAMES!!! She said she did play them and in a different interview, whenever it took pla

• I dunno the full context. I just watched DomTheBomb's review of the prologue comic and currently watching his review on the first book. He showed the interviews with Tillie in both videos. In his first review, he showed her saying she played the games. Then in his second review, he showed her confessing her lying mouth.

Wasn't the quote that she played them after she was asked to write it? Or are you talking about a different more recent interview where she says she actually didnt play any?

• Oh joy, I can't wait for Tangerine Book 2

Thinking about how TWD Wolf and Tales were the 3 best Telltale games but all 3 had some kind of weird legacy-stain thing. Something made by

• edited June 2023

He has no respect for the games that actually popularized the brand, not the goddamn tv show.

You might be overestimating the popularity of the Telltale game just a tad there. The tv show is definitely the thing that popularised The Walking Dead as a franchise. Most people probably won't know that The Walking Dead even has games, but most do know that there's a tv show.

I just found out that the writer DIDN'T EVEN PLAY THE GAMES!!! She said she did play them and in a different interview, whenever it took pla

• I love the passion though. Don't lose that.
    Even as life relentlessly beats it out of you at every turn as you age.

• The TV show also like totally was a factor in the game being made. The show proved that the IP had legs.

lupinb0y posted: »

He has no respect for the games that actually popularized the brand, not the goddamn tv show. You might be overestimating the popula

• edited June 2023

Even so, the games, mostly the first Season, is what the made brand go extremely viral in 2012-2013, until it started rotting in 2016, with both medias.

He has no respect for the games that actually popularized the brand, not the goddamn tv show. You might be overestimating the popula

• edited June 2023

Most story franchises tend to change whether it's good or bad like most things in real life, imo it's kind of inevitable. Not just TWDG's pace of story changed but happened to other popular franchises (Borderlands, Far Cry, GTA, Witcher, pretty much almost everything nowdays). Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Wolf 2 is great but doesn't have a strong story like the first season, especially since it's been pretty much over 10 years since Wolf 1 came out, I doubt they would keep the same pace of storytelling the first 1 did.

• edited June 2023

Now this is super interesting! A 2D horror thriller game in the style of a Disney renaissance movie and based on the screenshots from the Steam page, the gameplay seems to be inspired by Clock Tower.

• What if I have nothing in my mind?

• There.

What if I have nothing in my mind?

• Well now I have something in my mind.

There.

• Is it only for me that ol "login or out when you reset the page" issue been extreme these past couple days? Goddamn do they need to fix this

• edited June 2023

Clearly it's because they're working on the new forum layout so that it'll be ready with the Expanse release!

captainivy1 posted: »

Is it only for me that ol "login or out when you reset the page" issue been extreme these past couple days? Goddamn do they need to fix this

• Almost everytime I enter this forum I have to like refresh the page idk how much times to see myself logged in 😂

captainivy1 posted: »

Is it only for me that ol "login or out when you reset the page" issue been extreme these past couple days? Goddamn do they need to fix this

• POV: You've come to discuss Episode 1 of the Expanse and open the forums

Pipas posted: »

Clearly it's because they're working on the new forum layout so that it'll be ready with the Expanse release!

• As disappointing as the previous season was, this trailer still got me hyped as fuck. Here’s hoping Season 5 is a lot better.

Also, holy fuck, the Bloodmoon Huntress!

• Not even in a new apartment yet and I'm being screwed.

I had agreed and signed a lease for this apartment back in May, after seeing a listing earlier in the month for it. Rent was fairly reasonable, it was close to my new place of work, and I liked the surrounding area. I filled out the application and had a move in date set for August 1st.

Today, I get a call from them. The person who occupies that apartment, who had given 60 days notice saying they were moving out and not renewing, changed their mind. Apparently, you can just do that and not need 60 days notice of that. Instead of telling that person that a new person has already signed a lease for it, they've told me the apartment is no longer available, after I had already scheduled everything between the movers and my renters insurance for that specific unit. They said they had another one available, same model. This one, however, is on the first floor (the other was a top floor, so I wouldn't have dealt with people/families/animals living above me and the noise), AND they want to charge me $50 more per month, or $600 a year, because of that.

I'm sorry, WHAT?! I signed the lease, we agreed to this unit at this price did we not. Why does this guy just now get to change his mind and screw me? Why do I have to pay more because of it, why can't you just honor the original agreed to price?

Them, my father, and I all ended up in a bit of a screaming match over this and how unfair it was. Trying to get in contact with the company that owns the property demanding a better answer, because we're not seeing anything in this lease that says they can do that. In the meantime, I'm now looking at different apartments to see what's available because, honestly, why do business with these people on principle.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Normally I'd be skeptical of an Among Us TV show, but having the creator of Infinity Train onboard increases its prospects.

WHAT https://twitter.com/OweeeeenDennis/status/1673735479215423488

• The scammers pretending to be my credit card company who keep calling me are getting annoying.

• Was on the internet killing time until I stumbled upon this Reddit article about Cassie Hack from Hack Slash concept being featured in Dead by daylight which of course would be interesting and she would make a fine edition to dead by daylight if they of course ask image comics or Tiim Seeley in other words.

What do you guys think?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/daeadbydaylight/comments/sb53br/hackslash_cassie_hack_survivor_concept/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

• Is it bad that despite the launch of Cyberpunk 2077, I still trust CD Projekt Red more then RockstarGames? Rockstar is greedy and has been making players wait twice the time between GTA 4 and 5 for GTA 6. Then there's the bad launch of GTA The Defective Trilogy, Strauss Zelnick (greedy guy lookalike of Andrew Wilson and CEO of Take2), GTA Online, GTA +, so on. Also CDPR has a way nicer community and actually allows modders to mod their games whereas Rockstar is pretty much the opposite if anything.

• Nope, nothing wrong. Ever since Rockstar released the GTA Definitive Edition, my respect for them went down to zero. There is no excuse for this and it really shows that Rockstar is NOT the same company that I knew 10 years ago.

I'll never replay GTA 5 because that game ruined the studio forever. Last time it was in 2016 and I demand to leave it that way. Unless GTA 6 comes up with an interesting story like Red Dead Redemption 2, I am not giving that game any chances.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Is it bad that despite the launch of Cyberpunk 2077, I still trust CD Projekt Red more then RockstarGames? Rockstar is greedy and has been m

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective is out tomorrow. I highly recommend it!

• From the creator of Katamari Damacy and published by Annapurna, comes an episode adventure game about a girl stuck in a t-pose. It looks absolutely adorable!

• That does look really adorable and weird! (Looks like its xbox/pc exclusive nooo :cry:)

Annapurna also announced they're developing their first in-house project from a little series called Blade Runner!!!
    Major major hype for that omg

From the creator of Katamari Damacy and published by Annapurna, comes an episode adventure game about a girl stuck in a t-pose. It looks absolutely adorable!

• edited July 2023

Finally considering getting Dying Light 2 now... they just released an update that re-balanced parkour moves and momentum -- looks more weighty and keeps momentum -- the game up until now had a really weird "moon-jump" effect in all footage I'd seen. Character would arc high up, slow fall, looked super weird. But this? This reminds me of DL1!

(Some of the jumps still look a bit superhuman, but at least it doesn't look like it's on the moon!)

• Any twitter users here? The app is screwed since hours lol

• Just...yikes

Any twitter users here? The app is screwed since hours lol

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Any twitter users here? The app is screwed since hours lol

Sign in to comment in this discussion.