The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited July 2023

$44 billion BAYBEEEEEEEE

OzzyUK posted: »

Musk has ruined it even more. https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1675187969420828672

• So I've decided to bring myself and finally watch few Animes (well, a tv show and a movie) to see what the whole fuss is about. I wanted to open my mind to other medias and learn some about other culture and stuff like that. It was a... absolute bizzare experience, an experience that throughout the binge watch made no fucking sense at all. Might be because I'm as smart as a brick and have almost no idea how to interpret things, but overall the whole plot was incoherent as fuck. I apprecieate what it did with theme of mental problems tho. It brought back few bad memories and I guess it made me feel better to relate to some of the characters problems.

HOWEVER

Seeing a bloke chocking the chicken to a fucking comatose person was definetly not what I was expecting...

• Even limiting the people who stupidly pay the 8$ lmao wow

This better be super temporary because from what I know of twitter, I'm pretty sure you can get through 600 posts in just a few clicks and short minutes of scrolling.

Musk has ruined it even more. https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1675187969420828672

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Ah, I see you watched Neon Genesis Evangelion. That's... an interesting anime to start with.

bruzdaa posted: »

So I've decided to bring myself and finally watch few Animes (well, a tv show and a movie) to see what the whole fuss is about. I wanted to

• I was talking with a friend of mine about black mirror when later the topic strayed to other weird tv shows. He asked if I like Anime, I said I never watched it but for a longer time I was planning to watch one. He then reccomended me this, saying I would definetly enjoy it (I do like watching weird stuff). Maybe you can reccomend me something? Something more mild perhaps.

dojo32161 posted: »

Ah, I see you watched Neon Genesis Evangelion. That's... an interesting anime to start with.

• It's a little late and unfortunate this is happening while the site is imploding a little, but I just learned of this silly fighting game feud on Twitter and after a bit more research it is killing me with laughter.

A troll challenged the world’s greatest Mortal Kombat player, and it goes about how you’d expect [the Verge]

Said troll is some obnoxious nobody - a self-appointed "anti-furry" on a crusade to take down SonicFox, whom I've already heard of as being a top-tier tournament player.

Challenges the guy to a match, SonicFox sets the terms of "10k$ if they win, get a Fursona if they lose" and I'm sure you can guess how this troll faired against him...

The best part is that (in the brief moments I can view said troll's profile) the dude has gone full-backpedal "I never meant to honor the deal anyway, I want a tag-team rematch in September, I won't lose again" -- meanwhile plenty of people are already drawing pretty great fanart of his alleged new "duck" sona, while he's having a meltdown about his loss and people poking him about the terms of the agreement.
    Some people. 🙄 OOF. I think it's hilarious and cute lol

• Thought twitter was down for a bit, this is worse, is he trying his best to loose users lol

• I don't use twitter for hours a day but the thought of everytime I view a tweet I have to make a guess how much I've seen and how much I have left is cancerous 💀

• But the memes about it are so good:

Disastrous decision, simply awful. I mean, good for people who are addicted to social media but bad for actually wanting to use the platform.

I don't use twitter for hours a day but the thought of everytime I view a tweet I have to make a guess how much I've seen and how much I have left is cancerous 💀

• This was some hydrogen bomb vs coughing baby shit lmao

AChicken posted: »

It's a little late and unfortunate this is happening while the site is imploding a little, but I just learned of this silly fighting game fe

• Well even those I can't view them all now 🤓

But the memes about it are so good: Disastrous decision, simply awful. I mean, good for people who are addicted to social media but bad for actually wanting to use the platform.

• Do not open the spoiler until you watch the video.

The Wolf Among Us will have ended 9 years ago this week.

Poogers555 posted: »

Do not open the spoiler until you watch the video. (Spoiler)

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Well, if I want to recommend an anime, for a lot of newcomers I tend to recommend most well loved movies from Ghibli like Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, The Wind Rises, etc. Any movie or series from the late Satoshi Kon is a must, Tokyo Godfathers is probably my favorite Christmas movie to this day. As for anime series, Cowboy Bebop or Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood are the classic recomendations, the first being a downbeat jazzy sci-fi show and the second being a fantasy action series with some crazy twists. Another good recommendation would be Vinland Saga, an epic viking series that muses on the nature of humanity and the need for violence. A more out there pick would be Odd Taxi, which is a very good mystery series in a world of anthropomorphic animals where we follow a taxi driver who picks up information from the various people he ferries across the city.

bruzdaa posted: »

I was talking with a friend of mine about black mirror when later the topic strayed to other weird tv shows. He asked if I like Anime, I sai

• Hell, the Phantom Pain itself came out eight years ago. How the early and mid 2010s have passed us so!

Do not open the spoiler until you watch the video. (Spoiler)

• It's Fourth of July. Do you know what that means?

WARNING: NOT FOR THE FAINT OF STOMACH

• And now the last announcement tonight of this years game awards!

(It isn't Wolf 2. Wolf 2 was not shown. It is coming to 2 years since the last update)

• Not the first time the Game Awards messed up the last presentation:

And now the last announcement tonight of this years game awards! (It isn't Wolf 2. Wolf 2 was not shown. It is coming to 2 years since the last update)

• edited July 2023

I saw Telltale was having a really bad time on reddit doing an AMA for Expanse

Really weird that Expanse will be here before we know it, and honestly I hope it turns out because (I know this is very pessimistic) I honestly think Expanse isnt going to do well. The first ama went really poorly, so they deleted it, (turns out it was reddit auto removed) now the one they have up is on the official expanse subreddit, where it is also nothing but "I dont think this is good" and "I wont buy because epic" and that's like- Where Expanse fans are.

Also confirmed it doesnt reach Steam until 1 year later, and I'm not sure if it really has the legs to justify that. Obviously you can't exactly get an exclusivity deal of like 3 months so after ep 5 releases it also releases on Steam, but dang is 1 year gonna be rough for this game.

I am interested in seeing how involved Telltale ended up being with this game. I think perfect world is Wolf 2 was the come back game, but if this ends up doing not great and it turns out Telltale threw a lot of resources into it (opposed to basically being a publisher) instead of focusing solely on Wolf 2, then honestly a pretty big blunder. (Yes, very pessimistic but Telltale please prove me horribly wrong I beg)

• Seems like the the thread in the telltale subreddit got caught by the reddit's spam filters, so it's not fully telltale's fault. They even tried to repost it, but that got deleted as well. The thread on the expanse subreddit was just a link to the telltale one and that one got locked. They probably should have contacted the mods first or something lul.

But yeah, even ignoring that, the AMA was pretty disastrous. They truly underestimated reddit's hatred for epic.

If we're being honest here, I don't think it'd sell well regardless, so getting some of that epic money is a good thing. Might not be the case for Wolf though.

I saw Telltale was having a really bad time on reddit doing an AMA for Expanse Really weird that Expanse will be here before we know

• so getting some of that epic money is a good thing.

Yeah that's the thing, the amount of money that Epic incentivizes for exclusivity is supposedly absurd. I remember early on when the EGS launched, there were devs talking about how the exclusivity deal alone helped recoup their development budgets. I'm not saying that Telltale was offered that much, but the amount, especially for a year long deal, should ease the sting out of them potentially underselling.

Pipas posted: »

Seems like the the thread in the telltale subreddit got caught by the reddit's spam filters, so it's not fully telltale's fault. They even t

• So Epic is the company most likely to lose money on this. Epic.

lupinb0y posted: »

so getting some of that epic money is a good thing. Yeah that's the thing, the amount of money that Epic incentivizes for exclusivit

• edited July 2023

The Epic exclusive stuff really means nothing to me as I really do not care, in fact before Telltale shutdown they'd probably had really benefited with the deals they could have had. I think their main issue is that there are a lot of people who will always refuse to go to epic and Expanse isnt going to get anyone to change their mind. I think Wolf 2 has a way higher chance of getting people to buy on Epic simply because it is Wolf 2, although I think once word really breaks that Wolf 2 is exclusive after a release date is given, there will be a lot more complaints.

But you're right, the money they got from epic will probably keep it from being a loss for them. I think my only real worry is Expanse releases, doesnt sell and sort of flatlines Telltale on their comeback. But then again so many people dont even know Telltale is back so when Wolf 2 comes out there will probably be a ton of people who never heard of Expanse before.

Pipas posted: »

Seems like the the thread in the telltale subreddit got caught by the reddit's spam filters, so it's not fully telltale's fault. They even t

• edited July 2023

I'm liking all the marketing push they're trying for "Telltale Is Back". Hopefully that starts to spread around and show that they are back -- even if it's a joint project
    Also, ooh, appreciation of Legacy titles from the old company! They so rarely showcase those!

They didn't forget about this one! Wahoo!!

• If you vote for GOTG Chicken I am going to....I am going to be very disappointed in you.

I'm liking all the marketing push they're trying for "Telltale Is Back". Hopefully that starts to spread around and show that they are back

• Chicken can vote for whatever he likes, we all know Walking Dead Michonne will win in a landslide

If you vote for GOTG Chicken I am going to....I am going to be very disappointed in you.

• I love Turgle.

• While I honestly think GOTG is actually one of their best final choice-based games, I'd have to give my award to Batman Season 2. Such a gripping story that uses John Doe and the tension of being Bruce in a deadly group very well -- plus choices usually have some great story effect, not to mention the last episode that's got 2 very different main paths.

If you vote for GOTG Chicken I am going to....I am going to be very disappointed in you.

• "To The Moon Beach Episode" - Surf Battle Mini-Game Preview

• Oxenfree II in less than a week WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Weird it's still not up for pre-order though.

• GOTG for me was just...super forgettable. I have a pretty good game memory that one is a blank spot. Nothing especially compelling about it.

Now Batman Season 2, that was a good game. Great acting, fun story, well-better technical wise (remember how buggy the first Batman was?). A shame it did not make a lot of money, because Telltale really could have used it considering their financial straights.

While I honestly think GOTG is actually one of their best final choice-based games, I'd have to give my award to Batman Season 2. Such a gri

• It's up for pre-order on Playstation!
    It feels a little unreal to finally have a sequel (though it's been many years)
    Wooooo can't wait!

Weird, Ghost Trick had a similar thing too until last week.
    It was apparently available to pre-order on PS4 for a month, but the Website and PS5 Store didn't have a pre-order option available. At least it came out without any issue.

Oxenfree II in less than a week WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Weird it's still not up for pre-order though.

• What I remember the most from GOTG is Rocket telling you to meet him in the engine room if you want to talk and then talking to him in the engine room does a "Hey Ben" moment lmfao

GOTG for me was just...super forgettable. I have a pretty good game memory that one is a blank spot. Nothing especially compelling about it.

• "Wow, I can't wait for season 2!" - Us 9 years ago

• 91 years left to go for that grandma meme 🥴

"Wow, I can't wait for season 2!" - Us 9 years ago

• I remember that the first episode ended with "Holy shi---" and the second episode began with "-it!", which was funny and even funnier considering the endcredits scene of Avengers: Infinity War where the last word is "Motherf---" and presumably in Endgame that line was finished with "-ucker."

What I remember the most from GOTG is Rocket telling you to meet him in the engine room if you want to talk and then talking to him in the engine room does a "Hey Ben" moment lmfao

• I remember that little "side quest" where you could investigate who was eating all the candy and leaving the wrappers around the ship with it ending with Peter saying, "It was meeeeeeeee."

What I remember the most from GOTG is Rocket telling you to meet him in the engine room if you want to talk and then talking to him in the engine room does a "Hey Ben" moment lmfao

• That's also probably one of my most memorable moments of GOTG. They had great hub exploration sections in a time they were usually lacking.

I remember in Episode 3, if you introduce yourself in dialogue as "Star Lord, Baby" to Mantis, she literally calls you "Star Lord Baby" for the entirety of the episode...

I remember that little "side quest" where you could investigate who was eating all the candy and leaving the wrappers around the ship with it ending with Peter saying, "It was meeeeeeeee."

• I remember in Episode 3, if you introduce yourself in dialogue as "Star Lord, Baby" to Mantis, she literally calls you "Star Lord Baby" for the entirety of the episode...

One of my favorite dialogue choices in TFTB is something similar, where if you introduce yourself as "Mr. Ten Million Dollars" to August [to his great annoyance], he calls you that again in Episode 2 at the Gortys facility. It's a small choice but a personal favorite, especially for a scumbag Rhys playthrough (one of the funniest jerk playthroughs of any Telltale game).

That's also probably one of my most memorable moments of GOTG. They had great hub exploration sections in a time they were usually lacking.

• omg Stray Gods the musical dialogue rpg is coming to consoles next month oooooh yesssss

Sign in to comment in this discussion.