The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I hope everyone is doing okay. I thought I'd ask, as I haven't touched the game yet, but what are everyone's first impressions of The Expanse: A Telltale Series so far? I've seen from plenty of outlets that it's meant to be decent, with several 8/10 scores, but I'd like to know what everyone else thinks of it.

• You can check in the Expanse thread over here, most people have been discussing it with spoilers hidden so it should be OK

I hope everyone is doing okay. I thought I'd ask, as I haven't touched the game yet, but what are everyone's first impressions of The Expans

• Eyyy welcome back!

It's a solid, albeit short start to the season with an interesting premise. The zero G exploration is great, if a bit nauseating, with a decent amount of hidden items to look for that may or may not save your crew in the future. It visually looks pretty good, same goes for the animation and lip syncing outside of a couple moments, and it actually runs good with no noticeable chugging.

I hope everyone is doing okay. I thought I'd ask, as I haven't touched the game yet, but what are everyone's first impressions of The Expans

• edited July 2023

Hot damn, what a great performance by Laura Bailey and Ashley Johnson! The song's great too! Definitely looking forward to this.

• Well, I don't think we're going to be getting Minecraft Story Mode Season 3, at least not with Ivor.

RIP Paul Reubens

• Damn... RIP indeed, that sucks.

Honestly that's why things like MCSM shouldn't just... disappear off the face of the planet.
    Keep the creators' legacy alive, instead of burying it indefinitely for whatever legal reason..

Well, I don't think we're going to be getting Minecraft Story Mode Season 3, at least not with Ivor. RIP Paul Reubens

• He was indeed the best part of that game. Was he in the second season though?

Well, I don't think we're going to be getting Minecraft Story Mode Season 3, at least not with Ivor. RIP Paul Reubens

• Yes, but only the last 2. At least voicewise.

AronDracula posted: »

He was indeed the best part of that game. Was he in the second season though?

• Today is a day of celebration my friends. I just submitted my final payment on my student loans. Unfortunately I can't go on the Dave Ramsey show to do a debt free scream, so I'll do it here instead.

I'M DEBT FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

• Just a little bump-da-bump, since I'm planning on starting Ep1 this week!

AChicken posted: »

Given that the Expanse wait times are going to feel long if the episodes stay short, I'm thinking of replaying Batman Season 2 with the Shad

• Debt free?! IN THIS ECONOMY?!

HELLLL YEAHHHHH DUUUUDE 😎

Today is a day of celebration my friends. I just submitted my final payment on my student loans. Unfortunately I can't go on the Dave Ramsey show to do a debt free scream, so I'll do it here instead. I'M DEBT FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

• So I saw that Telltale's Batman came out 7 years ago which feels incorrect but is somehow true lol. It also reminded me on how close Wolf is to being 10 years old. I know it won't happen but if they did a small update on Season 2 that'd be really cool but considering Expanse will have just wrapped and the bonus episode coming out around that same time they probably wouldn't do any kind of Wolf push until after that is all over. Plus at that point they'd probably just wait for the game awards which is what I think will happen. But it would be cool if Telltale does something special besides just "wow 10 years old" you know? Last year they randomly showed some behind the scene stuff and then said they were saving stuff for later so maybe the 10 year anniversary will be a cool behind the scenes thing.

• Imagine the second season of wolf succeeding, if they make a third season my adult kids that don't exist now will play them with me 💀

Poogers555 posted: »

So I saw that Telltale's Batman came out 7 years ago which feels incorrect but is somehow true lol. It also reminded me on how close Wolf is

• I wonder if we could get a batman season 3 after TWAU2

• Currently at Metallica concert #9.

• Would a telltale Teenage mutant ninja turtles game work?

• Going to my first concert next year, to see Coldplay. A bit anxious, as it is my first ever concert, but I think for my first time, I've picked a good one.

• Another day, another Metallica concert, #10.

• edited August 2023

Ignore double post

• Good ol' Rockstar, disappointing the whole world since 2013.

• No 4K mode, no 60fps, 50$ version of a 2010 game without updated graphics and not coming on PC. Glad people are angry at them.

Good ol' Rockstar, disappointing the whole world since 2013.

• Well, since 2018 I'd argue.

Good ol' Rockstar, disappointing the whole world since 2013.

• Besides RDR2, they haven't done ANYTHING good since 2013. They didn't even give RDR2 a 60fps patch on current gen consoles, despite the high profit it made.

captainivy1 posted: »

Well, since 2018 I'd argue.

• Besides RDR2, they haven't done ANYTHING good since 2013.

Besides the good thing they did in 2018, they haven't done anything good since 2013.

Besides RDR2, they haven't done ANYTHING good since 2013. They didn't even give RDR2 a 60fps patch on current gen consoles, despite the high profit it made.

• My point still stands.

lupinb0y posted: »

Besides RDR2, they haven't done ANYTHING good since 2013. Besides the good thing they did in 2018, they haven't done anything good since 2013.

• Eh, the argument would be stronger if they were pumping out new games, but that's not Rockstar's thing. It's mostly remasters and DLC for GTA Online, which is what Rockstar deserves crap for is GTA Online. I have far more hours in it than I care to admit, but man they just screwed up the whole thing. Screw the Oppressor Mark II. I remember GTA Online eight years ago when someone with a tank was scary; now everyone and their mother with a credit card has some mega-ultra-lightning death machine.

My point still stands.

• ...probably not, but you know. Not sure how to feel about this.

dojo32161 posted: »

...Huh, interesting. https://www.gamesindustry.biz/telltale-acquires-erica-developer-flavourworks

• edited August 2023

Huh, I guess we don't have to worry about Telltale's finances for a while if they're able to acquire a whole ass studio.

"Flavourworks' technology and interactive video expertise will enable us to efficiently create story-based games and reach more people through streaming and new platforms. We're excited about what it could mean for our portfolio of games."

Seems like they're interested in doing what Netflix has done with the interactive specials they used to do a few years back.

...Huh, interesting. https://www.gamesindustry.biz/telltale-acquires-erica-developer-flavourworks

• edited August 2023

Could be a good idea, maybe, if they can get it to work.

I'm still really annoyed that Netflix -- who commissioned Telltale to get a TV-interactive version of MCSM for their platform -- just... let it die and disappear into the void.
    Netflix, Mojang, Telltale, wtf... why is this thing left to die in a digital corner?

lupinb0y posted: »

Huh, I guess we don't have to worry about Telltale's finances for a while if they're able to acquire a whole ass studio. "Flavourworks

• edited August 2023

Thanks to the digital release of ATSV, I can obsess over details of the film in an entirely new HD way.

Did you know that in the opening logos for the film, there's a split-split-second homage to a classic spider-man comic cover?

• Telltale when you ask them about that thing they announced in 2019

• edited August 2023

I'm like 99% sure a new Batman season will come, seeing as they retained the license. It would be dumb not to. The question is just when. Maybe after TWAU yeah. I mean.... they were developing a secret project after all...

zeke10 posted: »

I wonder if we could get a batman season 3 after TWAU2

• That awkward moment when batman isn't even in the batman telltale avatars

• edited August 2023

Damn, that sucks, Thebatman377... you deserve one! 😔

At least you can still upload custom avatars through Gravatar!

That awkward moment when batman isn't even in the batman telltale avatars

• edited August 2023

I really hope Telltale ditches the early access stuff for Wolf 2. Expanse's release is a big mess right now with how early access didn't arrive on time and apparently Xbox players still don't have access. I think this issue is because the episodes are still DLC rather than a patch even though you have to pay up front. But it has to be DLC in order to do pre-order early access stuff because I imagine it is a lot harder to hold back patches for certain users than it is to check what accounts own a DLC. If everyone just gets an update at the same time it lowers the chances of botched releases. I also would prefer if everyone played the same time as well.

• True :)
    I wish there was an easier to way to upload ur own pfp. This forum really needs a makeover.

AChicken posted: »

Damn, that sucks, Thebatman377... you deserve one! 😔 At least you can still upload custom avatars through Gravatar!

• Yeah, it's bad. By paying MORE by purchasing a Deluxe edition on Xbox you not only do not get the advertised feature (Early access) but I STILL can't play the Episode. Damn incompetence. I hope Wolf does not suffer from it, but I sure as hell not buying it until all episodes are out and we know that there are no issues this time or which is more likely - the issues will be fixed by that time.

Poogers555 posted: »

I really hope Telltale ditches the early access stuff for Wolf 2. Expanse's release is a big mess right now with how early access didn't arr

• To be fair. The deluxe edition is for the bonus episode. Early access is just dressing. Doesn't excuse all the issues ofc.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Yeah, it's bad. By paying MORE by purchasing a Deluxe edition on Xbox you not only do not get the advertised feature (Early access) but I ST

• This is both a good and bad thing to me is how i'm feeling about this

Why its maybe a good thing is i feel like this recent acquisition is related to Adhoc who prior to teaming up with Telltale
    (And someone correct me if i'm wrong on this because it's been a while) if i remember correctly were gonna make Netflix live action type of games like Bandersnatch so i'm thinking if this is related its a sign that we'll see more of Adhoc working with Telltale when Wolf 2 is out.

Why it could also possibly be bad is..well this is kind of the same delusional vision Kevin Bruner had in mind to me who wanted Telltale to be the Netflix of video games

Maybe it's totally unrelated but if this is what's going on then i hope this new Telltale doesn't forget who their audience is and still makes actual games.

At least the studio isn't super bad i played Erica and thought it was a pretty trippy and interesting FMV/live action game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.