The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• I will say I am pretty confused on a lot of the state of Telltale. AdHoc has seemingly been working on Cart Life as well as their own game for a while now. I don't know how far their collaboration with New Telltale goes with who does what, but it does seem weird they are working on other stuff while then having Wolf 2 delayed while Telltale is working with Deck Nine, getting donations and buying up smaller studios and apparently has a third game in production already. Maybe AdHoc has 2 teams, maybe AdHoc handled all the story stuff and Telltale is in charge of the tech side. Who knows, but it does feel kind of messy. That said, I think Telltale does know Wolf 2 is going to be their heavy hitter and I am sure they want to make it as best as it can be and I think all of us have a lot of faith in AdHoc. But if Wolf 2 gets delayed again I think I would actually be pretty worried as it begins to feel a lot like vaporware and putting resources into other things while their MVP is left in limbo.

iFoRias posted: »

This is both a good and bad thing to me is how i'm feeling about this Why its maybe a good thing is i feel like this recent acquisition i

• Maybe the new telltale will mainly publish games, letting studios like Deck Nine and AdHoc do the development

Poogers555 posted: »

I will say I am pretty confused on a lot of the state of Telltale. AdHoc has seemingly been working on Cart Life as well as their own game f

• Might be a random question, but does anyone know any video filter that would most closely resemble the "graphic black" filter that got used in the final season of the walking dead? Really love the bleak colors it gives off, so was wondering.

• Yeah I think that makes sense. Wolf 2 story was probably finished a long time ago.

I will say I am pretty confused on a lot of the state of Telltale. AdHoc has seemingly been working on Cart Life as well as their own game f

• Today is the fifth anniversary of TWD: The Final Season. How about that? Five years!

• YEEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

IT LOOKS SO GOOOOOOOD

Today is the fifth anniversary of TWD: The Final Season. How about that? Five years!

• edited August 2023

It looks SOOO good!! ❤️🍁

Also looks like they're properly adapting the comic this time. I think I see Ramona's fight in the Toronto Reference Library in there!

Edit: okay, actually it doesn't look like the reference library to me, but I don't recognize it from the film!

lupinb0y posted: »

YEEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH IT LOOKS SO GOOOOOOOD

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited August 2023

I got hugged by my cousin guy-style: where he puts one arm across his chest before putting one arm around my back.

That felt really weird and not just because my chest isn't as flat as a guy's. I don't know why that kind of hug is even a thing. It was like he was keeping me out of his arm's reach rather than embracing me.

• I don't know; I never hug anybody like that. You gave me an excuse to research hug types on the Internet, though. Some people think it's used when someone doesn't really want to hug but feels obligated. Was this at one of those times when people are leaving the family event, and everyone has to hug everyone else good-bye for now?

Jennifer posted: »

I got hugged by my cousin guy-style: where he puts one arm across his chest before putting one arm around my back. That felt really weird

• I get that The Expanse is set on a small cargo ship floating through endless nothing of space, but man, compared to that, going back to Batman TEW is really refreshing lol sorry

Lots of scene changes, different environments, a veritable journey of a story, even just halfway through Episode 1.
    The facial animations can be a little janky and weird, but it adds to the fun, strange nature of the Telltale Tool of old... The QTEs are quite fun, lengthy and well-choreographed to watch. Not as a knock on Expanse, since I understand it can't really have a lot of that.

I'm sure (I hope) that TWAU 2, with it being set in New York with a much larger cast to pull from, can offer a fun mystery-noir-action experience.

• Me playing episode 3 of Expanse when we explore a space ship then go back to our own space ship

AChicken posted: »

I get that The Expanse is set on a small cargo ship floating through endless nothing of space, but man, compared to that, going back to Batm

• Also wolf 2 spoilers

Episode 1 begins with Bigby on his way to the business office.

Bigby then goes back to his apartment and the episode ends.

I get that The Expanse is set on a small cargo ship floating through endless nothing of space, but man, compared to that, going back to Batm

• edited August 2023

I hope they don't have Deck Nine in charge of the action scenes and QTE's or we're gonna have a rough time although it would be kinda funny having like 20 seconds to push a button and have Bigby move with the most awkward animations of all time.

Seriously though i don't know if it's just me but these are the easiest QTE's i've seen in a game in a while it's like they just threw them in there cause they remembered there still needs to be more gameplay than your average Life is Strange game.

Also wolf 2 spoilers (Spoiler)

• QTE's do feel pretty poor, but I feel like this can be said for a lot of the action in any Deck Nine or Life is Strange game. Everything feels like it has 0 weight. I think the slow motion plays a part in that as most qte's in Telltale games used slow motion less frequently for a qte segment, but having slow motion for every qte takes you out of the action. QTE's in Telltale games were fun from just looking at them, but I feel a lot of other Telltale-like games once the qte's start they feel like filler as what you are seeing is visually really boring.

Pretty sure Deck 9 has 0 involvement with Wolf 2 and luckily the action we saw in the trailer already looked more interesting to look at and also had weight to it.

You also made me rewatch the Wolf 2 trailer to see the impacts and now I just want an update for Wolf 2. :(

iFoRias posted: »

I hope they don't have Deck Nine in charge of the action scenes and QTE's or we're gonna have a rough time although it would be kinda funny

• edited August 2023

Charles Martinet is officially retiring as the voice of Mario, and will instead be taking on the role of Mario ambassador! So while he won't be voicing the character anymore, it definitely won't be the last we've seen of him. 32 years is not a bad stopping point.

I wonder if Nintendo plans to just replace him with another voice actor, or if they might instead get multiple to voice him depending on the game and media.

• I mean the QTE's in Telltale games also aren't perfect. As far as I know, most are in slowmotion, and I'm not that big of a fan of that. I prefer the fast-paced ones like in Detroit: Become Human more. It feels more intense that way.

And not every QTE has a game over screen. I noticed it in Batman S2 in the fight with catwoman in ep3. I could fail most QTE's and the scene would still play out normally.

QTE's do feel pretty poor, but I feel like this can be said for a lot of the action in any Deck Nine or Life is Strange game. Everything fee

• I do mean this in more of a the scene itself doesn't slow down when a prompt appears and if there is a slow motion moment during the action it is after a prompt is pressed or it is meant to emphasizes something important or a choice. Most of the time the action is still fast and it gives a larger window to do the task instead of slowing down. Expanse does a lot of slow motion before you do any action which makes it feel pretty slow as the slow motion feels like it is occurring too often. Obviously a pretty small thing but I did prefer the older Telltale's action (See Wolf and Tales action scenes for example.)

It would be interesting if QTE segments had some kind of "miss 3 times game over" kind of thing but I also wish there wasn't straight up game overs for missing a qte. If you fail in a game like this it feels kind of like just going back to the start, its not like qtes are exactly fun to do over and over again. Would be cool if messing up qtes didnt game over but instead changed an outcome. Like in that Catwoman fight, she gets away anyway, so maybe if you mess up 3 times it ends sooner and she escapes sooner rather than a ton of failed qte scenes and possible game overs.

I mean the QTE's in Telltale games also aren't perfect. As far as I know, most are in slowmotion, and I'm not that big of a fan of that. I p

• I definitely dont think most of telltale action is slow motion, and if it is, its a testament to just how much better its done in telltale games v expanse.

Game of Thrones for example I recall had some pretty great fast-paced action sequences with very little slow-mo.

I mean the QTE's in Telltale games also aren't perfect. As far as I know, most are in slowmotion, and I'm not that big of a fan of that. I p

• It would be interesting if QTE segments had some kind of "miss 3 times game over" kind of thing but I also wish there wasn't straight up game overs for missing a qte. If you fail in a game like this it feels kind of like just going back to the start, its not like qtes are exactly fun to do over and over again. Would be cool if messing up qtes didnt game over but instead changed an outcome. Like in that Catwoman fight, she gets away anyway, so maybe if you mess up 3 times it ends sooner and she escapes sooner rather than a ton of failed qte scenes and possible game overs.

I think some visual changes would be cool as well, like if you miss QTE's in a fight then your character looks more beat up. Just small touches like that would be nice.

I do mean this in more of a the scene itself doesn't slow down when a prompt appears and if there is a slow motion moment during the action

• Hey, so the login hasn't worked for like over a day for everyone else right?

Love this website and its will-it-wont-it-break relationship it's giving me. :heartbreak:

• Yeah, I believe it was just Batman that had most of the QTEs in slow-mo.

captainivy1 posted: »

I definitely dont think most of telltale action is slow motion, and if it is, its a testament to just how much better its done in telltale g

• edited August 2023

Same here. At this point I'm expecting for the forum site to just randomly cease to exist one day with no warning whatsoever.

Hey, so the login hasn't worked for like over a day for everyone else right? Love this website and its will-it-wont-it-break relationship it's giving me.

• Me playing Expanse tonight only to see that once again Bigby does not appear in this episode

• FUCK YES!!!! I did NOT expect this to happen very soon but here we are. Instead of Tasier Studios, Bandai Namco is now hiring Supermassive Games, the devs behind Until Dawn, to do the third game. It seems like it's going to be a complete different story with new characters. It's gonna be hard to get to used to it considering that when I think of Little Nightmares, I think of Six and Mono, but regardless, I am sooo excited.

• One of the best things about the first two games was the horrific enemy designs, so hearing that a different company was taking over the series had me worried about that, but fuck that big baby thing.

Looks pretty interesting. It's a very different environment and feel. Hopefully they manage to capture what made the originals so great.

AronDracula posted: »

FUCK YES!!!! I did NOT expect this to happen very soon but here we are. Instead of Tasier Studios, Bandai Namco is now hiring Supermassive G

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

That's interesting that you never hugged that way. I don't know if it's because I'm in a really conservative area or if it's an upstate New York thing, but here all the guys I've ever known hug like that.

But your description makes a lot of sense. I was at a funeral and I haven't seen him since I was a little girl, so now I better understand why he hugged me that way.

WarpSpeed posted: »

I don't know; I never hug anybody like that. You gave me an excuse to research hug types on the Internet, though. Some people think it's u

• Welp, we have now lost the original Harley Quinn as well, Arleen Sorkin. May she rest her soul.

• seeing the asking for minecraft season 3 thread slowly dying just before reaching 1000 days

• You can check out my thread in the meantime. I've gotten mine to 100 days, and all of them are consecutive!

seeing the asking for minecraft season 3 thread slowly dying just before reaching 1000 days

• edited August 2023

If anyone's interested, the boardgame site, Renegade Games Studio is having a clearance sale for their official Scott Pilgrim miniature set for 80% off. Use the code Welcome20 to take an additional 20% off the set.

They're pretty cool looking, and the box itself displays them really nicely. They've also got the actual boardgame for it on sale for the same price if you actually wanna play the game, though it doesn't have all the figurines.

• edited August 2023

Wooo that's neat! Thanks Lupin! 🤩

EDIT: Screw it, Ordered it! That USD and USD shipping is pricey, but damn it it's still a great deal.
    Just over 50$ for 14 figures, instead of what probably would have been over 130$ at normal price.

If anyone's interested, the boardgame site, Renegade Games Studio is having a clearance sale for their official Scott Pilgrim miniature set

• So, it's vacation time for me, for a week and a bit at least! Going on a road trip with the family out east!
    So far... ehhhh not so great??

We're spending an extra day in quebec (maybe more) -- supposed to be in Nova Scotia today, but unfortunately my dad, our designated-10-hour endurance driver, got two bad kidney stones last night, so is in the hospital now.. and is also undergoing surgery for them!
    Not so great feelings of repetition with his heart surgery earlier this year, and I hope our planned vacation (and getting my sister to her school) can get back on track soon..

At least I've spoken more French today than I have the entire past year. I'm a little rusty, but I've still got it hehe

• I've sorry about that Chicken. I hope your old man keeps back on your feet. I'm also very sorry you had to spend an extra day in Quebec. This sounds like a very traumatic experience and I hope the surgery is successful and you can get the hell out of there. Stay well friend!

So, it's vacation time for me, for a week and a bit at least! Going on a road trip with the family out east! So far... ehhhh not so great??

• I'm also very sorry you had to spend an extra day in Quebec. This sounds like a very traumatic experience

Is Quebec that bad

I've sorry about that Chicken. I hope your old man keeps back on your feet. I'm also very sorry you had to spend an extra day in Quebec. Thi

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited September 2023

As someone who lived there for three years, yes.

But anyway, sorry to hear that, Chicken, hope your dad can recover.

I'm also very sorry you had to spend an extra day in Quebec. This sounds like a very traumatic experience Is Quebec that bad

• Thanks Ingen and Dojo, it's also sucky for my dad to be in quebec like this too, since he doesn't have a lot of french experience, but the doctors and staff are mostly okay with English too

So he's fine, they did the surgery last night, he got discharged today and we'll stay an extra day here, but this'll slow our journey down east a bit. Mum can drive, but not as long as originaly planned.. Will probably make one more interim stop between here and NS tomorrow.
    Anxiety is high (for us all) but I'm glad everything seems to be working out ok.

He needs blood work tomorrow morning, but after that we should be off and finally making more progress on this thing..

• The One Piece live action adaptation seems like t's actually good... I'm going to get so many people I know into One Piece now.

• Hope the blood work went well and that your father is feeling better.

Thanks Ingen and Dojo, it's also sucky for my dad to be in quebec like this too, since he doesn't have a lot of french experience, but the d

Sign in to comment in this discussion.