Do you think Telltale will make a S2 for TFTB. If so when?

I loved this game and think if they ever make a S2 it probably will be announced around early 2017. What do you guys think?

Comments

• That you're way too optimistic.

There's a thread though where you could hope with the others: Click here

• Well it's just an opinion and I'm not going to give up hope just yet. Though your probably right about me being too optimistic about it.

• I love TFTB so much! I think they might do a S2 because at the end of episode 5, before Fiona and Ryes open the treasure, Ryes says, "well, who knows... maybe this is just the beginning."That is exactly what Ryes says! That is why I think they might do a S2. And I think you are right, if they do they probably would announce it early 2017.

• The naive part of me is saying maybe November of 2016. But yeah if they do a season 2, probably 2017 -_-

• If there's going to be a season 2 I don't think we'll get it until after borderlands 3 is released. And since there's no release date for borderlands 3 yet then you can expect to be waiting a while.

• edited November 2015

I don't think there will be a second season, to be honest. I want to be proven wrong, obviously, but there's nothing to give me hope at this moment.

• We'll just have to wait and see then. Here's to hoping :)

• "I like your optimism" - @MarijaaNo7 2K15

• I know the feeling...

enter image description here

Especially when you hear rumors of GoT getting a S2.

I don't think there will be a second season, to be honest. I want to be proven wrong, obviously, but there's nothing to give me hope at this moment.

• jmmjmm
    edited November 2015

Not optimistic about it...
    I'd like to get more TFTB but there are a lot of things that are needed to be true in order to get a 2nd Season:

• The game needs to perform well enough.

If sales are not good... not gonna happen

According to steamdb (I know, not a completely reliable source), TFTB has 305,716 ± 14,596 owners (at the time of posting)

Unfortunately that doesn't include XBOX/PS/iOS/Android but is still a number that can be used as a reference to compare to other titles

Compare TFTB against other Telltale episodic games:

1. GoT, 371,461 ± 16,087 owners
    2. TWAU, 787,849 ± 23,410 owners
    3. TWD S1, 1,863,334 ± 35,928 owners (not including DLC)
    4. TWD S2, 943,081 ± 25,605 owners
    • The IP owners need to grant permission

Even if Gearbox/2K say that they are happy with TFTB that doesn't mean that they are willing to allow more of it. After all, it's all business.
    It doesn't mean that money is the only issue. Strategy and Planning is also a huge consideration (Timing, Marketing, and so on)
    Maybe they are focusing on other projects, genres, platforms,...Battleborn

• Roadmaps, Business and Planning

Telltale like any company has some sort of roadmap and/or strategic plan for the next years. They probably have a lot of projects going on in different stages (pitching, planning, pre-production, ...)

Since a company has finite resources (money, time, developers and so on), not all projects make it beyond a certain point, the only certainty is that they have more projects going on.

So if TFTB is a success (good sales) and Gearbox/2K says OK, Telltale may have more profitable projects going on or at least projects more aligned with their roadmap and goals.
    Even if all is OK, maybe there are not enough resources to work on it in the foreseeable future and when resources become available, the timing is wrong.

So, the only thing we can do is encourage peeps to buy and play the game and not to just watch the game on YouTube or Twitch.
    Even if people are "loving" a game and would like a season or DLC, or the critics are calling a particular game "masterpiece", if it doesn't sell it won't happen.

If sales are good we have a better chance to get more TFTB

• I personally don't think chances are that dire but still quite some time will pass.

The numbers are fine but quite biased as the other games have been out for a far longer time (especially TWD), the only comparable number here is from GoT.

If looking at Gearbox as a a factor, I don't think they would have a problem. Borderlands is their biggest IP and also will be their biggest project if Battleborn doesn't surpass the 12mio sales of Borderlands 2. It is called "The big one" and will take quite some time until completion (although they started hiring in Jan 2015). I personally think they would be interested in something, that reminds people of the brand in between (especially if it's highly praised like TftB).

For Telltale Games themselves, let's look at their team structure and their current and future projects. Telltale doubled team size every 16 months for quite some while with some resulting "growth pain" at the beginning of 2015. They seem to be capable of handling at least 4 projects at a time now (two in planning/announcement phase and two in release phase) with rougly estimating 2 years for completion ( I think TftB took 2,5 years). Looking at their currently deployed series (Minecraft:SM, GoT) and their not yet released projects (TWD S3, TWD: Michionne, Marvel Game and their original IP) it is obvious that their queue is quite full at the moment, which means even if TftB would have top priority now, 2 years would pass even until announcement (and release would be in 3 years).

This fits very well to the comments of the Staff AMA. There it was stated that the end was partially left open in order to increase the chances that gearbox might pick up some characters and story lines and will be clearified as soon as they know more about gearbox decisions (They originally had the idea of adding sketches with the future of Fiona and Rhys in the credits). And there is also one another important factor: also the folks from Telltale Games love the universe and also the surrounding hype (especially cosplaying)

TL;DR: A Season 2 has quite some chances of happening but would take years until being realized.

Just my 2 cents

jmm posted: »

Not optimistic about it... I'd like to get more TFTB but there are a lot of things that are needed to be true in order to get a 2nd Season:

• i dont remember saying that tho

"I like your optimism" - @MarijaaNo7 2K15

• cuz ur a pinhead

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

i dont remember saying that tho

• and you are a greedy whiny duckface k

cuz ur a pinhead

• Ay get on Twitter I gotta show you something, unless you're busy then nvm.

and you are a greedy whiny duckface k

• I just hope that telltale will make S2 of TFTB. This game is currently my second favorite of TT games. Second season will most likely reveal where did Rhys and Fiona go. I just hope we will continue playing with Fiona and Rhys because that would be a huge let down if we didn't, but it could be interesting if we played another third character. As for when the game is coming out, I assume that we will wait for one or two years since TT is currently busy with the finale of Game of Thrones, Minecraft, Michonne DLC and TWD S3. They also might be making another new series throught those two years.

• Look at what happened with TWAU. Still no sight of a season two even with its big following, great rating, and awards/nominations.

They apparently got a deal going with Marvel in 2017. TTG is taking on so many different projects that I'm pretty sure if you had enough money to throw at them to make a game about a monitor that constantly blinks. They would make some game about that instead of a S2 of Tales or TWAU.

• I don't think that both situations are comparable. TWAU suffered directly from the success of TWD and was in development when Telltales Team was far smaller.

Or in one sentence: I think TWAU just had bad luck in terms of timing.

Look at what happened with TWAU. Still no sight of a season two even with its big following, great rating, and awards/nominations. They a

• edited November 2015

I hope it isn't something like that shitty until dawn pic

Ay get on Twitter I gotta show you something, unless you're busy then nvm.

• This image was fabulous! How can you refuse that!?

• it was ew

and it was rapey which is awful

Eryka posted: »

This image was fabulous! How can you refuse that!?

• It ain't

• It was bootyful!

it was ew and it was rapey which is awful

• U wanna see it Erkya?

It was bootyful!

• I'm Potatoe, and yes I'd like to see it. (See what?)

U wanna see it Erkya?

• That Until Dawn r34....wait nvm you already did.

I'm Potatoe, and yes I'd like to see it. (See what?)

• Oh... Do you have any pic with Mike, Josh or/and Chris?

That Until Dawn r34....wait nvm you already did.

• Yea

Oh... Do you have any pic with Mike, Josh or/and Chris?

• PM me, okay?

Yea

• Sure thing

PM me, okay?

• Why am I doing this...

Sure thing

• To those mentioning Borderlands 3, do know that as a product, Tales does have to stand on its own, somewhat. If a season 2 came out after BL3, and pulled events from that game, then Tales-only players would be lost.

The other solution would be to introduce a new cast of characters, and tell yet another story.
    (Could be some interesting things there, but I'd rather stick with our current cast of misfits + game characters)

Either way, Tales has to be able stand alone for people who (wrongly) don't play the main Borderlands games, so (if S2 comes) it'll either come before BL3 (a distinct possibility) or be after with a different cast.

I'd totally love a 300 days-style DLC as a direct lead up to BL3 though. I'd settle for that.

• Hey ya,

I'd really love to see a 2nd season, given how great TFTB was, yes.
    But I'm not holding my breath, as I think chances are really slim, due to the need to freeze the plot, pending BL3.

• You have a very good point!

Rattapeng posted: »

I personally don't think chances are that dire but still quite some time will pass. The numbers are fine but quite biased as the other ga

• I honestly don't care when it comes out I just want a season 2 :)

• Hey I might be able to give you hope. Well at the end of season 5, when Ryes and Fiona are in the Vault of the Traveler, before they open the treasure Ryes say so," well, who knows... Maybe this is just the beginning." That is exactly what he said, I copied it off of subtitles of the game!
    That could be a clue that there might be a season 2, but there is know way we can know until anouncing, if there will be one. I really hope there will be S2! I love that game so much!

• It will be released in 2062, after Disney bought the Copyrights :)

I honestly don't care when it comes out I just want a season 2

• Damn. I believe it.

Akeinu posted: »

It will be released in 2062, after Disney bought the Copyrights

Sign in to comment in this discussion.