Do you think Telltale will make a S2 for TFTB. If so when?

2»

Comments

• Oh? and what about the fact that is is/will be their most/one of successful game/s?(CALLED IT BTW)

AkaJuiceb0x posted: »

I know the feeling... Especially when you hear rumors of GoT getting a S2.

• It's pretty likely there will eventually be a S2 of TFTB in the near future, possibly after the release of BL3. Judging on how TFTB sold pretty successfully and how well it was received by critics and fans alike. Not to mention TTG created the game in partnership with Gearbox - The company that made one Brother in Arms game each year from 2005 - 08 (who also made the hideously bad Aliens: Colonial marines and Duke Nukem: Forever).

So after Borderlands 3 is out of the way there could possibly be another TFTB Season. Borderlands is essentially the 'flagship' game for Gearbox Software (Like Half Life for Valve or Minecraft for Mojang) Meaning its widely popular. So its highly certain they're going to get all the money they can from the franchise.

(I'd personally prefer to see another Opposing force be made by Gearbox than another Borderlands. That game was downright awesome. But its impossible seeing how HL3 will never be made. Just my opinion though)

• Season 2?! It's only been a few weeks since the 5th episode came out, lol. And we're stilling crossing our fingers for the wolf among us s2! :P

• I'm just going to take a guess and say about 2 years time.

• After thinking it over, I'd be more inclined to believe we'll get an episode DLC that wraps up the story once Gearbox finalizes the base BL3 concept/story, though that also can be achieved with a graphic novel/comic.

Borderlands: The Fall of Hyperion (DLC or graphic novel/comic)
    The story on how Hyperion fell (main events from TFTB: Jack AI, Gortys, Vault, Return to Helios and Helios crashing), the fallout (Introduces children of Helios, Atlas' comeback) and events that lead to BL3 (Possibly explaining the "war is coming" message from TPS)

• I think the "War is coming" in TPS was a direct reference to what was going to occur in Borderlands 2. Don't quote me on that.

jmm posted: »

After thinking it over, I'd be more inclined to believe we'll get an episode DLC that wraps up the story once Gearbox finalizes the base BL3

• Athena is captured at the end of episode 3, the interrogation takes place between then and the end of episode 5. Which would place that statement after the events of BL 2.

I think the "War is coming" in TPS was a direct reference to what was going to occur in Borderlands 2. Don't quote me on that.

• To be even more precise, the writers said that by the time our crew goes to Helios the interrogation is done.

I think the "War is coming" in TPS was a direct reference to what was going to occur in Borderlands 2. Don't quote me on that.

• oh, sorry. My bad.

Athena is captured at the end of episode 3, the interrogation takes place between then and the end of episode 5. Which would place that statement after the events of BL 2.

• Sorry, my bad.

To be even more precise, the writers said that by the time our crew goes to Helios the interrogation is done.

• Let's just hope for the best. I think they need to make a TftB2 because this was ONE of their "bestseller"

• I'm actually really betting that Loader Bot is going to be a Vault Hunter in BL3. Especially if he can do it in his "Stranger" outfit. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Vaughn as a quest giver.

• I do not think there should be a season 2. The series was perfect as just its own little thing and it would suck if that awesome ending was revealed in s2. The ending was so awesome that it did not need to have a sequel

• I would love for there to be a season 2. I absolutely loved Tales. My second favourite game, after TWD season 1.

• I don't think it needs a season 2, but it needs a season 2. Considering how many resources Gearbox is putting in Battleborn, we might not see another Borderlands until 2018. TFTB is, in my opinion, the best thing Telltale has put out, so I certainly hope there's another season. Plus, I don't know if I trust the writers at Gearbox to handle Fiona and Rhys and the gang really well. No offense to them, even though that's a pretty offensive thing I just said.

• I actually agree with you on that. But they could Do another Series with a different cast. But they should take their Time, so they don't fuck it up.

I do not think there should be a season 2. The series was perfect as just its own little thing and it would suck if that awesome ending was revealed in s2. The ending was so awesome that it did not need to have a sequel

• Mickey Neumann Wrote BL1 And parts of BL2. I think he's capable of Doing it Right. And there is Aaron Linde, who's the leadwriter of Battleborn. I think ist wont Be a Problem.

I don't think it needs a season 2, but it needs a season 2. Considering how many resources Gearbox is putting in Battleborn, we might not se

• Randy Pitchford is not cool enough to allow Telltale to make a TFTB S2. Heck, in 10 years he'll still be saying that Aliens Colonial Marines was a great game, and that they didn't lie about anything.

• Thanks, why do you use the word actually. But still, thank you for the support

GSSalvador posted: »

I actually agree with you on that. But they could Do another Series with a different cast. But they should take their Time, so they don't fuck it up.

• Because when i finished TftBL for the First Time, i wanted a New Season with the Same cast, But After i thought about it And realised, that the Ending was a damn good Ending, i changed my mind.

Thanks, why do you use the word actually. But still, thank you for the support

• Well, he was cool enough to let Telltale Games work on TftBL. I actually think, that Randy is a Pretty cool dude. I met him on one of the Pax Conventions. But of course he fucked up with Aliens. And that he says, that Aliens: CM is a good Game is His opinion. I respect that. But he should Really Look on the work of His Teams, before overhyping the Games.

MichaelBP posted: »

Randy Pitchford is not cool enough to allow Telltale to make a TFTB S2. Heck, in 10 years he'll still be saying that Aliens Colonial Marines was a great game, and that they didn't lie about anything.

• I do like the ending, but how Id put it would be, I want Season 2 to expand on Rhys and Fiona's story, I wouldn't want them in Borderlands 3, which is my fear they will do.

So if there isnt a season 2, I wouldnt want them in Borderlands 3.

I do not think there should be a season 2. The series was perfect as just its own little thing and it would suck if that awesome ending was revealed in s2. The ending was so awesome that it did not need to have a sequel

• Well it would certainly Look weird, If you See Rhys And Fiona in BL3 without explanation what exactly happened in the end of TftBL. If there's going to Be a Season two, it will most likely Be a Sequel to Season one. Even though i'd prefer a New cast. But i don't Really want a third season with the Same cast. I'm still hoping for a Telltale series with a New cast each Season. And Borderlands would Be Perfect, Because Pandora or Even other planets like Eden5 - Eden7 or Even Prometheas have so much to offer.

Poogers555 posted: »

I do like the ending, but how Id put it would be, I want Season 2 to expand on Rhys and Fiona's story, I wouldn't want them in Borderlands 3, which is my fear they will do. So if there isnt a season 2, I wouldnt want them in Borderlands 3.

• edited February 2016

At least 1-2 Years after Borderlands 3 is released (Borderlands 3 is yet to be annouced - I'd imagine a late 2017 / early 2018 release).

Just think the canon will be pushed forward by 2K & gearbox then Telltale jump in for Season 2 to then push it forward even more / tie up loose ends maybe.

• Never, unfortunately. More profitable titles are in the way.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.