Your choices and opinions in Episode 6

I had Rodrik in this episode, I defended Sera, I killed that annoying cunt Gryff, I refused Mira marrying Morgryn, I put Cotter out of his misery as I promised Sylvi and I ordered the army from North Grove to come to war. I'm gonna be honest here, this episode was f****ed up, there were a lot of disappointing choices in the finale, Elissa Forrester died, Mira died, Cotter died, Amaya and her army died all, Ironath fell apart, no chance to kill both Ludd and Gryff etc. However I DID enjoy this episode, this is the best one in my opinion cause it had a lot of actions and deaths which affected us. I thought everyone died at the end except Rodrik and Gared, but when they showed the epilogue, showing us the other survivors of Ironath being Talia, Duncan/Royland, Ryon, Beshka, I felt so happy. My last words for the finale is: IRON.FROM.ICE!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• So what was the North Grove?

• edited November 2015

It was sacred grove filled with magic power.

kaza125 posted: »

So what was the North Grove?

• edited November 2015

I had Rodrik too. I didn't defend Sera (Get rekt, bitch), my Mira is alive and will marry Morgryn, unfortunately, poor Tom died. I sacrificed Cotter for this 'bloodmagic' or something, whatever. (Rip my beloved potato fucker). North Grove stays protected. (Have I mentioned how flipping cool that bear is?) I killed Gryff as Rodrik, Harys killed Elissa, Rodrik killed Harys, Lard and that whore Gwyn are alive. Elaena Glenmore died. (cough fuck you telltale cough I will never forgive you for this) Rodrik got saved by his senteniel Royland. Ryon is with Beskha. In defense of house Forrester I and 5.0% fought with cunning strategy. At first I didn't like this episode very much, but after I replayed it, I thought it was amazing. It had meaningful choices, hard decisions and was VERY emotional. I rate it 9/10, would have been 10/10, but Elaena's death was so fuc*ing stupid, I can't even.

• edited November 2015

I had Asher. I did defend Sera and told Margary the truth. Mira is alive but Morgryns toy - so Tom died. The North Grove must never be lost - Stays protected. I killed Gryff. Sacrificed Cotter for Bloodmagic. I did call the plan off - Elissa did attack Ludd. Elissa is killed. Asher got saved by Duncan.
    End:
    Elissa dead; Eleana unknown.
    Asher save with Talia and Gwyn.
    Ryon with Beshka.
    Cunning Stragety (what's the possible strategys?)

I think I have to replay the whole game for a overview Rating. But I would say 9.5/10 - it had really hard desicions

And for the second season and this end I hope for playable characters:

• Asher
    • Mira
    • Gared
    • Ryon
    • Malcolm

so you have different sides:

• Asher (with the people he ended: Talia and Gwyn)
    • Mira (for me: as a toy in King's Landing)
    • Gared (how you choose: North Grove)
    • Ryon (with Beshka)
    • Malcolm (with Daenerys)

With all the different ends I don't know how they want to work it into season two and the possible characters - a release not before 2017. So I don't know if Mira will really be a playable character because this storyline would only be for a few people. And I don't know if it's not more likely to play Talia after 1 episode into season 2 (and Rodrik/Asher die). It would be easier.

• edited November 2015

Episode 6: 6/10

Given it's the final episode.. it still seemed like it needed another episode to come to a conclusion. The episode seemed to just not fit in at all and left too many gaps.

It needed more episodes and I'm devestated we lost Ironrath and we're forced out of battle.. I was expecting the Glenmore army to drop by or something big to happen but it went the way I knew it would. House Forrester was doomed.

Gared's Story - 2/10

The North Grove pissed me off, all that hype and for what... A couple of bastards and controlling fucking dead people.. that was the power of the North Grove? At least make it a resurrection place. Cotter also dead.. although I knew that was coming, just didn't know he'd be used for her power. The new characters was too much.. it just wasn't right.

Mira's Story - 6/10

We get to see Margarey again, got too blame Sera and then to find Morgryn betrayed us.. then expected me to be his wife? Fuck, no.

Ironrath is Rodrik's, and he'll never get his hands on it and Tom would be killed in my place for the things I did. Sorry Mira. Was nice seeing the corpse of Andros though.

Overall, I was sad that she came so far only to get killed and Tom didn't do anything.

Mira should be on her way home.. but now she's gone.

Rodrik's Story - 6/10

A true Lord came out this episode, he was fearless throughout and it was a great battle, how he survived all those stabs and arrows.. although it could be too late already.

The story did have weak points, not coming to a ending and being forced out of battle. The traitor, (Duncan) was seen as well.. what was he doing out and why did Ludd not kill Rodrik in the courtyard?! The battle was short, we lost.

Asher's Story - 8/10

Coming home was a sight to see for Asher one I wanted to see for ages as him.. his swanky new gear as Lord and the drama at the dining room table. Everything went shit down crazy, it seemed Telltale focused on Asher more in the last 4 months than Rodrik but Asher's story.. holy shit was better than Rodrik's as much as I prefer Rodrik to Asher.

• It in my opinion was fuck all. A resurrection stand would of been better.

So what was the North Grove?

• Had Asher
    Defended Sera... although I really regret it seeing as how she did nothing for us throughout.
    Ludd got poisoned
    Mira died and let Cotter die naturally
    And Gared is staying at the North Grove.

This episode felt much better than 5 through and through, wish the battle had gone on longer but overall, I was pleased with it. Still can't believe Gryff got away despite the numerous times we had him dead-to-rights but alas, felt great taking out most of the problems at Ironrath though. I'm still in shock about Gwyn though, that caught me off guard in a big way.

• Ludd and Gryff are determinant. If Ludd dies Gryff lives and if Gryff dies Ludd lives.

Had Asher Defended Sera... although I really regret it seeing as how she did nothing for us throughout. Ludd got poisoned Mira died and

• I know and figured as much that we wouldn't get the satisfaction of getting both. Just sucks, had him within killing range so many times it hurt.

Bolc56 posted: »

Ludd and Gryff are determinant. If Ludd dies Gryff lives and if Gryff dies Ludd lives.

• edited November 2015

7/10 for the Asher version. Most of the episode was pretty meh in my opinion especially for how long the wait was. Wasn't a fan in the slightest of the Mira stuff, but then again I thought her story was mediocre all season. The Gared stuff was decent, but not great and introduced some cool characters for season 2 in Gregor's bastards assuming that story will be continued in season 2. It looks to be promising. The obvious highlight of the episode for me was the Asher stuff. Asher easily had the best dialogue "not the face". I don't see how he could survive all those stabs, but hell if Rodrik could survive being crushed by a horse then I'm sure Asher will be fine. Duncan was definitely the hero of the episode for saving him (I assume Royland does the same). But of course the ending left alot to be desired, but I guess that's because it will be continued in season 2 maybe. Either way definetly an underwhelming finale and season altogether.

Will playthrough Rodrik version eventually.

I'm assuming neither Rodrik or Asher will be playable next season unless telltale actually has choices matter for once. My guess is Asher dies from his wounds in episode 1 of season 2 probably same for Rodrik assuming he is injured in his story as well

• If they were to die in episode 1, then what's the point of choosing to save Asher or Rodrik anyway? Yes, I know they are determinate characters, but I want them to at least be in Season 2 for a while and make their death more honorable

7/10 for the Asher version. Most of the episode was pretty meh in my opinion especially for how long the wait was. Wasn't a fan in the sligh

• Same here......but telltale

KLVGAMING posted: »

If they were to die in episode 1, then what's the point of choosing to save Asher or Rodrik anyway? Yes, I know they are determinate characters, but I want them to at least be in Season 2 for a while and make their death more honorable

• Telltale actually did PRETTY good on the determinate characters. It might be different because Asher/Rodrik are the main characters having a lot of screen time, but the side characters not so much. In my opinion, I think it's useless having Mira in Season 2 since she is like a slave to Morgryn or killed

Same here......but telltale

• And what is the magic power?

• The entire siege was cringeworthy and the Whitehill's were poorly written (I'm still pissed about Ludd and Gryff just being villains). That isn't how siege warfare works. At all. Having a castle is pointless if an enemy army can just walk up to the walls and say "lol no" and walk in. Ironrath has the most useless walls ever. They don't block invaders, they don't block unwelcome diplomatic parties, and they don't block Twenty Good Men™. Horned helmets are stupid; Harys should have been killed immediately. The Whitehill's had an absurd number of men, why the fuck do the villains in the GoT (show) universe keep getting Plot Armies? Seriously, they're stronger than most second-tier Houses. They should only have 50 men at most. Sieges aren't a possibility for either House, the Whitehills were dangerous only because of Bolton backing. Also, nobody knows how to use shields. The amount of people killed by arrows was absurd. Back to archers, why the fuck didn't the Forrester crossbowmen shoot at Ludd and Gryff? "Hey, should we shoot the lightly armoured enemy leaders? Nah, let's shoot at the fucking peasant levies with shields and armour!" I'm disappointed by not being able to kill Ludd and Gryff, but that's fine. I want to murder all of Ludd's offspring before I kill him.

My Mira died. I sold out Sera. Fuck Sera.

As Rodrik I killed Gryff and saved Ryon. Listening to Gryff whimper and beg before I killed him made me hard. Royland survived (he was my sentinel and I rightfully executed Tuttle.) I let the Whitehills slaughter the smallfolk to defend the gate; It's what they (the smallfolk) get for being weak and useless traitors. They didn't help me with Gryff and they didn't help me with this abomination of a "siege" so screw them. They can fend for themselves.

As Gared I gave Cotter a quick death via nightshade. I abandoned the North Grove to help the Forresters. Screw the North Grove and screw Lord Gregor too. Winter is Coming and a few magic trees and warriors led by the bastards of a third-tier lord aren't going to stop it.

I rate it 4.5/10

The siege really killed it for me. Everything else was fine-ish. I already found Mira's story subpar and it turns out I wasn't entirely wrong as the only choice of her's that mattered was just: [Die] [Don't Die] and somehow [Die] was the preferable choice. Gared helped set up season 2, so I found his story satisfying enough. Rodrik's was good except for the parts that weren't (literally the entire siege.)

Seriously though, fuck that siege.

TL;DR the episode was okay although I slightly disliked the siege. A lot. It was a mockery of siege warfare and that ram was an engineering abomination. The Forresters' inability to withstand that siege is an insult to military history.

• You're complaining about military history and seige warfare in a medieval FANTASY world, you do know that, right?

The entire siege was cringeworthy and the Whitehill's were poorly written (I'm still pissed about Ludd and Gryff just being villains). That

• One of GoT's/Asoiaf's selling points is it's realism. The characters are human like us, their castles are like ours, their armour and weapons are like ours, their manner of thinking is like ours, etc. Our rules apply to them except in cases where there is literally magic and even then (like Beric's brain damage from repeated death)

Bad argument is bad.

Gary-Oak posted: »

You're complaining about military history and seige warfare in a medieval FANTASY world, you do know that, right?

• Realism in a world full of dragons and zombies.

One of GoT's/Asoiaf's selling points is it's realism. The characters are human like us, their castles are like ours, their armour and weapon

• It has a medieval setting. They should use medieval tactics. The Whitehill soldiers are just human levies bound by the same rules and laws of nature that we are. If this was high fantasy (Lord of the Rings for example) then it'd be different because they could say "oh shit! The Whitehills have a troll tearing apart our gate!" Or "damn, the Whitehill's have a wizard protecting their men!" Etc. The Night's Watch are the only faction thst gets a pass on this (on account of giants and ice people)

GRRM went out of his way (using his extensive historical knowledge to help build the world and base plots around) to create a realistic medieval world. Knights and levies didn't charge castles head on like "lol screw walls git rekt enemies."

You're complaining about military history and seige warfare in a medieval FANTASY world, you do know that, right?

• And humans. Humans are humans regardless of the creatures around them. Also, most humans in the series don't realize those things even exist because they are considered impossible because their world is like ours.

Fantasy=/=Unrealistic in all ways (unless it's high fantasy)

Realism in a world full of dragons and zombies.

• Yes? Dragons and zombies don't make everyone else not human. George RR Martin created this world with the medieval eras in mind. The show adds a bit more fantasy to the mix, but they still don't have humans acting any different than they do in our world.

Humans are humans.

Realism in a world full of dragons and zombies.

• Well it would not be Game of Thrones if we had won in the first season, i think that i can see where they could be going with this. I saved Asher and aligned with Gwyn ( obvious as shit was going to hit the fan ), did not kill the traitor ( he will have a part to play ). Gared remained at the grove ( in a way for me he continues to honor his vows by staying there ) and did piss Sylvi off i believe ( hope i get to keep her around in season 2 ), Mira decided to marry Morgryn ( she did not kill the guard so in a way.. justice will be served ). Technically i did in a way save the Forresters, i played with intuition and nobility. When i listen to the commentary at the end i can't help but notice a bit of foreshadowing, i did show submission to the Whitehills and the Boltons and the Queen and King ( Cersei did respect Mira as she was pleased after the last conversation ), did try to reason and find a peace agreement ( did get Gwyn out of it ), Ryon is safe with Beshka, Malcolm with Daenerys ( which clearly respected Asher ). So in a way we had to loose Ironrath to keep them alive. Season 2 will indeed be interesting

• Mira : biggest disappointment ever. No witnesses, no corpse, no weapon but somehow, we're still accused and executed for murder ? How much did Morgryn give to frame us ? Mira was damn useless from the beginning to the end, but I liked her.
    I chose to throw Sera under the bus (u sayin poo about me, then eat shit and send my regards to the Highgardeners), and got betrothed to Morgryn. What an exciting fate !

Gared : The North Grove, a very cozy place but I don't see how useful it was to the Forresters ? At least we got to see the walkers, and the fact that there are wargs outside the Stark family. Moreover, I don't understand how useful it was for Cotter and Sylvi ? As far as I remember, they had their own reasons to get there but I dunno
    I decided to take Cotter's heart (sorry man, and Sylvi as well), and just stayed here. Going back south would take too long to help the Forresters anyway.

Rodrik. Oh man, Rodrik.
    Got doomed, mom died, just gr8. I have some doubts about Elaena's fate. At least Gryff isn't here to gloat anymore.

Overall, I was SO disappointed. Yes, we got real choices for once (maybe, everyone could be dead for the next season afaik, and we'll be left with the bastards), but there's no good ending, no justice at all. We're playing the Forresters, get to know and like them, and for what ? To either get destroyed, or having to bend the knee to everyone and their moms.

• Isn't it supposed to be a running joke that the Whitehills are terrible craftsmen? That surely explains why the battering ram looked so janky.

The entire siege was cringeworthy and the Whitehill's were poorly written (I'm still pissed about Ludd and Gryff just being villains). That

• Is it possible to keep Gwyn on your side with Ludd dead? I want to leave Gryff for Season 2 if I can.

Liki91 posted: »

I had Asher. I did defend Sera and told Margary the truth. Mira is alive but Morgryns toy - so Tom died. The North Grove must never be lost

• edited November 2015

I actually watched a livestream of episode 6 cuz I couldn't wait any longer. (yeah, I'm a Steam user and that really sucks :/)

I think the episode was great. It had a lot of drama that fitted and lots but lots of gore. More than usual IMO. It also had many sad feels... (at least for me, I cried many times in the finale). I'm also glad that our choices had so much impact throughout the episode. And with each choice you do, you also get some extra choices which is a very good thing for me ;p I rate it at least 9.2/10. I would rate it with a 10/10 but there's no way to save Lady Forrester from dying which kinda made me angry and sad at the same time. But either way, I'm glad that not everyone died in the end but I don't think I would like to play as the Forresters in the second season (if there's going to be one). And also, once I get the chance to play the finale, I will do these choices:

I will play as Rodrik (I have him in my original playthrough), I'm going to defend Sera, I will kill Gryff, I will marry Morgryn (Mira is my cinnamon roll. Nobody will kill her in my playthrough), I will remove Cotter's heart and I will order the army from the North Grove to stay there cause Ironrath already fell.

• Well, looks like blood magic power, depending on Elsera abilities and way of empowering it.

And what is the magic power?

• With Gryff dead it's possible - but with Ludd. I don't know - but I would like to know for my 2nd run ;-)

ranger563 posted: »

Is it possible to keep Gwyn on your side with Ludd dead? I want to leave Gryff for Season 2 if I can.

• My situation is the same as yours. I couldn't resist either.

I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as you did, though. Too many determinant characters, too many deaths for shock value, and I predicted the "twist" in Mira's story months ago (I was very happy I was right at first, then I was kinda bummed that it was so obvious).

I have a save for Rodrik and a save for Asher, but in both I will make the same decisions you made. As of now, I am not excited for the second season and I don't feel like buying it, but maybe when they announce it I'll already be less pissed off. Maybe their announcement is good enough to make me want it, too.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

I actually watched a livestream of episode 6 cuz I couldn't wait any longer. (yeah, I'm a Steam user and that really sucks ) I think the

• I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as you did, though. Too many determinant characters, too many deaths for shock value, and I predicted the "twist" in Mira's story months ago (I was very happy I was right at first, then I was kinda bummed that it was so obvious).

Yeah... there were many determinant characters, I'll give you that. I'm a little bit pissed off about Mira being a determinant character but at least she dies based on a decision you make and it's not a part of the plot. And I actually thought that either Cersei or Morgryn sent Damien to kill Mira.

I have a save for Rodrik and a save for Asher, but in both I will make the same decisions you made. As of now, I am not excited for the second season and I don't feel like buying it, but maybe when they announce it I'll already be less pissed off. Maybe their announcement is good enough to make me want it, too.

I'm actually excited about the second season if they are planning to do one but I will be extremely pissed if we play as House Forrester again. That house has already way too many determinant characters. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd rather play as House Whitehill with some NPCs from House Forrester. But even if we play as House Forrester in the second season, I'll probably going to buy it even though I will be way too angry.

Abeille posted: »

My situation is the same as yours. I couldn't resist either. I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as you did, though. Too many determinant ch

• They left the Forresters story way too open, which would warrant a Season 2 with them in my opinion, but it is as you said: Too many determinant characters now.

But man, I would love to keep playing as Mira. Especially with her being forced to be married to the man that tried to kill her (my all-time favourite, too. I love a well-written character, no matter how screwed up he is). It's a shame that it is impossible because of her determinant status.

I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as you did, though. Too many determinant characters, too many deaths for shock value, and I predicted the "

• They left the Forresters story way too open, which would warrant a Season 2 with them in my opinion, but it is as you said: Too many determinant characters now.

Well, even we play as House Forrester (and we probably will), I would actually like to play both House Forrester and Whitehill. For example: I would love to play as Torrhen and Ebbert (sorry if I didn't get his name right, his name always confused me for some reason xd) because we don't know a lot about them. We could learn some things about them and I don't really want this to be a wasted opportunity. At least we should play as them in a DLC episode. Although I would really want to know what happened to some Forresters like Malcolm for example. I wonder what are Dany's plans for Malcolm. And as for Talia, Beskha and Ryon, I would mostly like to play as Beskha cause I wonder where she and Ryon went.

But man, I would love to keep playing as Mira. Especially with her being forced to be married to the man that tried to kill her (my all-time favourite, too. I love a well-written character, no matter how screwed up he is). It's a shame that it is impossible because of her determinant status.

Yeah, it's a big shame. IMO, Mira didn't have much character development even though she's my favorite. Although Morgryn is not determinant so we may play as him for the sake of King's Landing's POV... I hope...

They left the Forresters story way too open, which would warrant a Season 2 with them in my opinion, but it is as you said: Too many determi

• edited November 2015

Can't you send her to the Riverlands.

I had Rodrik too. I didn't defend Sera (Get rekt, bitch), my Mira is alive and will marry Morgryn, unfortunately, poor Tom died. I sacrifice

• I would LOVE to play as Morgryn. You have no idea. It makes me happy just to think about the possibility.

If Mira died, he could marry someone else. Then, he could interact with Mira or with that new wife of his sometimes. Maybe end up being attacked (maybe even killed) by her if he is an ass to her for the whole season 2.

They left the Forresters story way too open, which would warrant a Season 2 with them in my opinion, but it is as you said: Too many determi

• edited November 2015

But if he's kind to her, they will have a child and they live happily ever after--- Oh wait, I forgot we are talking about Game of Thrones xD

Although yes, that can be a possibility... I hope we'll be able to be kind to Mira... I wouldn't be happy if we were forced to slap her and torture her everytime we as Morgryn could interact Mira.

And as for the another wife possibility... I don't find a reason for Morgryn to be an arse to his new wife if she didn't do anything to her. Okay, for Mira I get it, she 'stole' an ironwood decree from the Whitehills (well kinda). Also I wonder what kind of choices we would get if we get the chance to play as Morgryn...

I would LOVE to play as Morgryn. You have no idea. It makes me happy just to think about the possibility. If Mira died, he could marry so

• edited November 2015

Sooooooo.....the end was....open...very open. At least what i chose:

Asher Alive, with Talia, Ryon and what was his name? The one who betrayes you?
    Gared, marshing South.
    Mira Dead.

So Season 2 already in the making?

• It was a ridiculous amount of men and it did scare the crap out of me but how did they get there so quickly and 50-60 Whitehill soldiers does sound right for a poor minor house like House Whitehill.

• Wondering if anyone else got this...

So on my second playthrough Duncan is my sentinel and I didn't kill Royland. After saving my Rodrik Duncan ends up getting surrounded by whitehills and it's Ser Royland and Talia who find me in the epilogue. That's a bit odd.

• Well, if you actually spare the traitor's life, he will appear instead of the sentinel. And yes, the sentinel dies in the fight :P

• Ah so it give people reason to actually spare him, cool

Well, if you actually spare the traitor's life, he will appear instead of the sentinel. And yes, the sentinel dies in the fight :P

Sign in to comment in this discussion.