Can we talk about how horrible Gwyn Whitehill is?

1235»

Comments

• either way...regardless of the choice we make...our character gets stabbed.

Flog61 posted: »

I like her, I sided with her because I really wanted piece, and she stabbed a whitehill soldier attacking me, so in believe her. Especially

• Wouldn't be surprised if she ended up being a playable character next season just so that a lot of people would have to deal with playing as a character they hate. Players would either warm to her by seeing things from her point of view, or change her so that they don't hate her anymore. It would be a pretty shrewd move by Telltale.

• edited November 2015

Just finished this game a couple hrs ago, here is what I think !!! SPOILER below, be careful

1. She maybe did help the Forresters. But no longer after she knew we imprisoned her brother. Look at Ryon's face. She said to you she tried to protect him, and what kind of protect bring bruises all over his face like that ??? That can't be trusted.

2. Yeah she and Asher did love each other. But that happened when they were young. Now they become adult, look at the emnity berween 2 family from all over the years, are you sure they still feel the same ??! I seriously doubt that !!!

3. Look at her offer: It's the one sided deal. What's the benefit for a slave when working for their master ??? Nothing !!! And the wedding, here is what I think, Rodrik was dead, Ethan was dead, Ryon is just the kid, too easy to deal (and to kill) , Asher is the last hope. Now if he's dead when she's his wife, all assets of house Forresters will come to her, Ironrath and the XYZ Forest as well (sorry I forgot the name of the forest).

4. If you spare the traitor. He will appear in the end, side by side with you and Talia, said "we lost this battle, we haven't lost this war yet". Now let's say If Telltale does not reveal to us who is the traitor in your family, instead they give us a choice to pin out the traitor (based on your instinct) or worse, never give us that kind of choice. Now who will you believe ??? Your Sentinel, maybe. Your Maester, maybe. Your former candidate Sentinel, maybe. Your mother, no way, but ... maybe. It will drive you into mad, when you need to "awake" more than never. Suspicion will kill you before your enemy kill you. That could be her very intend, as well as her father. And as I said, after the end, your traitor is not really a traitor !!!

To be short, both Gwyn and Ludd working together. While Ludd is trying to actively work against you as an enemy, Gwyn is actively trying to work against you as a friend !!!

Sorry for my bad English !!!

• She was mad just because I killed her brother and (almost) father? Bitch.

• Gwynn is ok. I cant expect here to like poison her brother and stab father.
    She is doing what is best for her house, which is far less bloodsheet than before. I apreciete that.
    She hasnt kiled anyone from my house, and settin the spy/traitor is just day to day courtesy.
    Always hoping to bring Whitehills on my side and together strike against Ramsay.
    Unfortunetly Ludd need to die at some point. But he has it coming.

• edited November 2015

Just finished this game a couple hrs ago, here is what I think !!!

1. She maybe did help the Forresters. But no longer after she knew we imprisoned her brother. Look at Ryon's face. She said to you she tried to protect him, and what kind of protect bring bruises all over his face like that ??? That can't be trusted.

2. Yeah she and Asher did love each other. But that happened when they were young. Now they become adult, look at the emnity berween 2 family from all over the years, are you sure they still feel the same ??! I seriously doubt that !!!

3. Look at her offer: It's the one sided deal. What's the benefit for a slave when working for their master ??? Nothing !!! And the wedding, here is what I think, Rodrik was dead, Ethan was dead, Ryon is just the kid, too easy to deal (and to kill) , Asher is the last hope. Now if he's dead when she's his wife, all assets of house Forresters will come to her, Ironrath and the XYZ Forest as well (sorry I forgot the name of the forest).

4. If you spare the traitor. He will appear in the end, side by side with you and Talia, said "we lost this battle, we haven't lost this war yet". Now let's say If Telltale does not reveal to us who is the traitor in your family, instead they give us a choice to pin out the traitor (based on your instinct) or worse, never give us that kind of choice. Now who will you believe ??? Your Sentinel, maybe. Your Maester, maybe. Your former candidate Sentinel, maybe. Your mother, no way, but ... maybe. It will drive you into mad, when you need to "awake" more than never. Suspicion will kill you before your enemy kill you. That could be her very intend, as well as her father. And as I said, after the end, your traitor is not really a traitor !!!

To be short, both Gwyn and Ludd working together. While Ludd is trying to actively work against you as an enemy, Gwyn is actively trying to work against you as a friend !!!

Sorry for my bad English !!!

Miklaus posted: »

Sorry but I disagree, in the last episode it's shown how she really wants to make peace and cares about Asher. Of course depending on how yo

• She helped me in both my Asher and Rodrik playthroughs, so she's good in my book.

• edited November 2015

What if Gwyn was a playable character in season 2. Than you could see the world from her point of view. And I know a lot of people hated her, but you could have a Until Dawn situation. I haven't played Until Dawn yet but I heard that in the game it will allow you to play as characters that you don't like, so that you can either change the character so that you do like them, or try to kill them. I don't think TellTale will do it. But G.R.R. Martin has made hated characters into POV characters, and by doing that he made them more likable. Example, remember how much everyone hated Jaime Lannister. But once he turned into a POV his character became more fleshed out and people started to like him more. TT could do the same for Gwyn, maybe.

• Not by Gwyn. My Asher didn't get stabbed by her.

koban4max posted: »

either way...regardless of the choice we make...our character gets stabbed.

• No worries :)

Neither of these views are necessarily good or bad, just different. Very good point! I just want to say that everything I've stat

• I want this bitch dead.

• edited April 2016

In all fairness, she did seem to realize in the Asher/Marry Gwyn epilogue that her family was out of control. Her role in season 2 will probably be minimal at best, considering she's determinant, but I hope Telltale will at least follow up on every version of the Asher/Rodrik epilogue one way or another.

Turning a Whitehill into a PC will just feel...weird, somehow. Video games operate on a different level from books.

• Gwyn looks out for the Forresters' interests throughout. She doesn't have much say in the Whitehill family because she is just a lady, but she stands up to Ludd when he tries to stab Ryon. She deliberately sabotages her father's plans by revealing the traitor to Rodrik. And she arranges for the marriage when Ludd could easily have Ironrath overrun. She personally gains nothing for the first two, and risks vengeance from her family. To me that shows she cares about the Forresters and just wants to stop the killing. To be honest, I think the Forresters benefit far more from the marriage plan than the Whitehills too - Ludd was already planning to kill them or force them into servitude. Nothing is gained for the Whitehills by her marriage that they couldn't have gotten with their ram.

The only time she truly acts against the Forresters is when she stabs Asher while he is murdering her brother. And I seriously cannot blame her because certainly any of us would have done the same in the heat of the moment for our family.

To be honest I do not see what more she could have done. She's not asking for the Forresters to truly forgive her family - she knows her father is unreasonable. She just consistently acts to minimize bloodshed. I don't see what more she could have done besides murder Ludd herself. It's not fair or reasonable to blame her for what the rest of her family is doing.

• I agree with one Forest, despite the thread necro :wink:

Nobility marrying to solidify peace throughout the land was pretty common during the middle ages. She is actually acting with a greater deal of forethought than her family. They have a shortsighted view with the knowledge that the duke has their backing while Gwyn is attempting to consolidate consensus/approval from the locals (you know, those experts at crafting Ironwood). If she can get buy-in from them by intermarrying with the Forresters, she'll make the transition of power much smoother and hasten the process of providing the promised ironwood. Political marriages were and still are very common in the world.

Plus I think she genuinely wants the bloodshed to end so they can focus on rebuilding and returning to a state of normalcy. It is better to worry about making product quotas as opposed to worrying about whether your loved ones are going to live or die on any given day of the week.

• I would like to have Gwyn as playable character who will have to convince Torrhen or Ludd not to kill the Forresters and perhaps even have to runaway and join the Forresters. Imagine the emotions Asher will feel to hear that she disobeyed her father to stand with him in the fight against the Whitehills.

• edited January 2018

The Whitehills need to be fleshed out more. Even if you try to be diplomatic with Ludd or Gryff, they can’t go one minute without being either smug or throw a tantrum. If Ludd was always like that even before the War of the Five Kings, Ned Stark must have hated presiding over Ironwood meetings.

A Whitehill POV with either Gwyn or Torrhen being playable would be interesting

• I couldn't agree with you more. Gwyn seems to be the only Whitehill who is able to keep her composure and not go on a rant about how much better the Whitehills are than the Forresters. I think that playing as Gwyn makes more sense because both Rodrik and Asher know her and have seen her at some point in Season 1. Also who is to say Torrhen will be a good guy, I can imagine him wanting his revenge against Rodrik/Asher in Season 2. Gwyn however, knew that the outcome of them trying to defeat the Forresters would result in a war. Torrhen might be like Asher and come traveling home with a bunch of sellswords who will help him take out the remaining Forresters and claim the last of the Ironwood.

The Whitehills need to be fleshed out more. Even if you try to be diplomatic with Ludd or Gryff, they can’t go one minute without being eit

• I think that Gwyn isn't a bad person, but she clearly is thorn between her former love (Asher) and the loyality to her family. She only wants peace between the two houses and can't see that this isn't possible, but still tries her best. And in the end, she will be against the one who broke the peace (her father and brother or Asher and his family). I personally didn't promise her anything, because I already knew that I couldn't just betray my family like this. I also understood why she stabbed Asher, even though I was mad too at this point.

• Once Ironrath is back in Forrester hands and by extension Winterfell back in Stark hands, I wonder if there will be an option to spare Gwyn and make her Lady of Highpoint or take her head and end the Whitehill line.

• That would be a good way for Rodrik to go about things but what about Asher? He could marry her or kill her, both ways end the Whitehills' line if all of them are gone and it's just Gwyn.

Once Ironrath is back in Forrester hands and by extension Winterfell back in Stark hands, I wonder if there will be an option to spare Gwyn and make her Lady of Highpoint or take her head and end the Whitehill line.

• edited February 2018

It can go both ways for both brothers. For Asher, he can either marry Gwyn or chop off her head. After all, in the North, the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

That would be a good way for Rodrik to go about things but what about Asher? He could marry her or kill her, both ways end the Whitehills' line if all of them are gone and it's just Gwyn.

• I prefer if Rodrik is alive and defeats all the Whitehills because apparently both The Whitehills and The Boltons had no qualms about trying to kill the Forresters despite their gender which proves they have no honor and are trying to completely wipe out the Forresters.

It can go both ways for both brothers. For Asher, he can either marry Gwyn or chop off her head. After all, in the North, the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

• KILL EVERY LAST FUCKING ONE OF THEM!

I was happy to kill her fucking blonde-fat of a father. I was happy to kill her half-brained brother either.

TO GWYN.

Never bend a knee to a fuckin whitehill scum!
    Kill every last one of them!
    Death for the Whitehills!
    I didn't believed Gwyn, even though she wants peace, and i liked her character, i didn't trusted her. Who knows... Maybe she'll have Asher murdered in his sleep! Why don't she realizes that her family is bad and they'll never do peace with the Forresters? + Because of her, on the final, there's that ending in which she's in. Because of that ending, the Sentinel is not around them, which means that he can be dead or alive. If you want to make peace with a Whitehill then...

THIS WILL BE THE RUIN OF YOUR HOUSE!

• You just necrobumped this thread to rant...

AceFTW posted: »

KILL EVERY LAST FUCKING ONE OF THEM! I was happy to kill her fucking blonde-fat of a father. I was happy to kill her half-brained brother

• whatever...

AgentZ46 posted: »

You just necrobumped this thread to rant...

• I think agreed, but the post was a bit too incoherent for me to be sure.

AgentZ46 posted: »

You just necrobumped this thread to rant...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.