"trackers and hunters sworn to Deepwood with clan names like Forrester"

Asha Greyjoy (otherwise known as Yara Greyjoy on the television show), mentions House Forrester and compares them to a clan as well as describing them as trackers and hunters. Now we know for a fact this can still apply to House Forrester, because one major thing she mentions is that Forresters are sworn to Stannis (this is something I'll bring up in a later thread, as this could cause issues down the line). Quite clearly, House Forrester is not sworn to Stannis by the end of 'The Ice Dragon'. However, do you know what does happen to them? They're separated, and they have no hold. But what do they have? Well Asher/Rodrik and Gared have good fighting skills, and are capable in combat. They also more than likely have a very good knowledge of The Wolfswood.

Now I'm not saying that we are going to have House Forrester not reclaim and rebuild Ironrath, but this gives me the indication we are going to be seeing House Forrester be very rural and scraping to survive through the Wolfswood. This could be to the point where they come across more like a clan than a House. Now it is said Asha could be mistaken in her use of the term "clan". But this could hint to what we'll see in Season Two.

Comments

• To be honest, i'm not even sure where we are in the story at this point. If you go to the ending, Cersei will mention her father when talking about the Forresters so it's likely that Tywin is still alive. No mention of Stannis in the game either.

• edited November 2015

I did wrote a theory here a very long time ago that this was the story of how "House Forrester" became "Clan Forrester". I think the ending of this season makes that theory very likely.

Asha says they are sworn to Deepwood Motte (House Glover) btw, not directly to Stannis, but House Glover joins Stannis's army after he frees them from the Ironborn. I think that when Deepwood calls for us, we will still be scattered about. If we are going to reclaim Ironrath eventually, I don't know, but maybe after we leave Stannis (if we leave Stannis instead of being all killed by Ramsay).

I know it might look like I'm bragging about my theories turning out to be true all over these forums, but to be fair, I have a lot of theories around the same subjects and I never hold 100% to only one (except my "Morgryn sent Damien" one). I mean, when you have like 12 theories on the fate of a single character (my case with Mira) you are bound to at least get close.

• edited November 2015

Yeah, canonically we could be anywhere between Tyrion's Trial to just after Oberyn vs The Mountain.

Speaking of, wasn't it said in the blog that the season would end 'just before the start of season 5'? In which case I guess we're more towards the latter.

theHound posted: »

To be honest, i'm not even sure where we are in the story at this point. If you go to the ending, Cersei will mention her father when talking about the Forresters so it's likely that Tywin is still alive. No mention of Stannis in the game either.

• That means a lot must happen to get to the Stannis part. I hope they close that gap when they release the new season. Not sure, how many seasons they're going to make but it'd be cool to first get your house back and then help Stannis fight the Boltons.

Davissons posted: »

Yeah, canonically we could be anywhere between Tyrion's Trial to just after Oberyn vs The Mountain. Speaking of, wasn't it said in the bl

• You do know what happened with stannis and his army at the end of Season 5 right? Doesnt give the forresters a bright future...

theHound posted: »

That means a lot must happen to get to the Stannis part. I hope they close that gap when they release the new season. Not sure, how many sea

• I heard that many soldiers leave before the battle because of what he did to his daughter. The Forresters are pretty family-oriented, so they could me among these.

• I don't think Stannis even gets the Northern Lords to fight for him in the show.

Abeille posted: »

I heard that many soldiers leave before the battle because of what he did to his daughter. The Forresters are pretty family-oriented, so they could me among these.

• The Tv-show and the books doesn't have the same continuity. The tv-show Stannis never seems to have gathered any notherners to his side as his army mostly consisted of his own men and mercenaries. I think the Forresters would join with a Snow instead in order to retake their home. :)

• Oh right, I heard that too. Forgot about that.

Brodester08 posted: »

I don't think Stannis even gets the Northern Lords to fight for him in the show.

• Exactly. There is a scene in the show where Stannis complains to Jon that Lady Mormont answered him that North recognizes only one king whose name is Stark. Jon explains that northerners are similar to wildlings etc. I think this scene was implemented to show not only the opinion of Lady Mormont but of entire North. North simply didn't help Stannis at all. Bad luck Brian...

The Tv-show and the books doesn't have the same continuity. The tv-show Stannis never seems to have gathered any notherners to his side as h

• Well, it depends on what they're going to follow, the book or the show. Yes, in the show Stannis loses but he also goes straight for Winterfell instead of recapturing Deepwood Motte like in the books. Deepwood Motte belongs to House Glover and House Forrester are their bannermen.

• Sadly, Telltale has already mentioned that they will be following the show's canon. So, it's likely he will just go straight to Winterfell and get destroyed.

• Ah that sucks.

Sadly, Telltale has already mentioned that they will be following the show's canon. So, it's likely he will just go straight to Winterfell and get destroyed.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.