The Definitive Best Choices List:

13»

Comments

• Consequence wise, picking Asher over Rodrik only secures that the sellswords stay. Beskha will revenge Asher anyway, that's what she wants to do and that would mean killing all remaining Whitehills.

But the sellswords probably all died at Ironrath battle anyway, so there's that...

Not sure though, what Eleana will do, if Rodrik died. If she would stay with the Forresters? I mean, she'd want to marry again at one point I guess and it wouldn't be Asher? I don't even know if she survived the battle.

Rodrik or Asher , I don't know, it was hard decision, I picked Asher.

• So nothing really matters in this game. But here are the choices that I believe makes the most sense from a story telling perspective, and with respect to the characters.

Episode 1 - Iron From Ice:

• Stay with Bowen: Gared would never leave a friend behind

• Swear loyalty to the king: Mira would want to appease Cersei now when her family is in such a weakened position. Margaery even encourages her to do so.

• Send Erik to the wall: Ethan doesn't want to give harsh punishment but is influenced by his two advisors, unable to form a unique decision. He goes with the most leniant variety.

• Royland as sentinel: I chose Duncan but I am certain that Ethan would choose Royland. Ethan simply doesn't have the wisdom to chose a diplomatic advisor. He is also more influenced by the more alpha of the two.

• Meet Ramsay at the gate: Ethan will of course listen to his sentinel.

Episode 2 - The Lost Lords:

• Forge the letter: Mira will do anything for her family, she will forge the letter.

• Don't kiss the ring: This is something Rodrik would never do. He is too proud.

• Stand up for Cotter Goes along with his character of an honorable [fool]

• Kill the attacker: Mira wouldn't leave Tom behind, also it's in the heat of the moment.

Episode 3: The Sword in the Darkness

• Save Malcolm: This is a toss up but I believe that in the end Asher values his family the most.

• Do not speak with Tyrion: Mira is not foolish enough to speak with Tyrion after being forbidden to do so (even though I was, forgot that he would be arrested)

• Gared doesn't kick Britt down the wall Gared draws his sword first but in the end Gared does take his oaths seriously and won't try to murder Britt while he is defenseless. I guess he dies anyway.

• Stand up to Gryff Rodrik never breaks

• Keep the Ironwood decree: A potential aid for her family

Episode 4 - Sons of Winter:

• Bring Finn along: Gared would want as much help as possible from his friends.

• Maim Gryff but stop yourself: Rodrik would beat the shit out of Gryff, then show restraint and knock him out. He is a lord after all, not a brute. Gryff should be happy Asher was not there.

• Keep Sera's secret: Sera is Mira's friend, of course she will.

• Leave the Glenmore soldiers at Ironrath: Rodrik would of course value the safety of Ironrath and his family the most. Plus he has the ace in the hole by having Gryff imprisoned in his dungeons.

• Asher kills the slave master: Just something Asher would do.

Episode 5 - A Nest of Vipers:

• Rodrik doesn't stab Ramsay: There is just no way that Rodrik is stupid enough to risk killing the son of the warden of the north. If he kills Ramsay then his house is truly doomed. Every member of his family will be flayed by Roose when he arrives

• Spare and kick Bloodsong: Also follows with Ashers character. And he wouldn't kill a potential sword.

• Tell Tyrion the truth: No point in lying

• Spare the traitor (Duncan): Here is where it gets interesting. Rodrik will spare Duncan because of his news about Asher. Duncan also needs to be the traitor because that makes the most sense. But he is a very important character since he knows about the north grove. This also gives Ser Royland a very heroic death in the end and a possibility for redemption.

• Rodrik stays behind: From a story telling perspective it makes sense. Asher's story had just begun while Rodrik's story had come full circle (building himself up from being ruined to strong again). Asher dying would be like Jon staying dead after season 5. Everyone was like "But.. but who was his mother, and hardhome, his sword". Point is that Jon's story was unfinished, like Bran's and Daenarys story it has a grander scale. Asher just arrived to Westeros with sellswords under his command and he dies....nah. Rodrik sacrificing himself for his little brother also makes sense for his character. Asher being the new lord also gives way for the redemption of Duncan.

Episode 6 - The Ice Dragon:

• Lie to Margaery: Mira knows that she needs to start playing the game.

• Accept Morgryn's proposal: This would be a tough one for Mira. She would rather die than to marry Morgryn. But she values her family higher than her own comfort so she agrees, with the hope that she can continue to help her family.

• Use Cotter for Blood Magic: Gared would trust in the wisdom and power of the north grove.

• Ambush the whitehills and lie to Gwyn: Asher would do anything to win, and for revenge. Maybe he should have locked the door.

• Remain in the north grove: Gared would respect the wishes of his lord, honorable as he is.

• I Pefer Rodrik Staying behind in game of thrones the first born always dies

• edited February 2017

We can always change the rules :)

Crows eye posted: »

I Pefer Rodrik Staying behind in game of thrones the first born always dies

• All these choices and we have to wait for Season 2 to see how they influence events or if they even matter.

• OF COURSE they matter :-)

All these choices and we have to wait for Season 2 to see how they influence events or if they even matter.

• edited February 2017

Have no doubt about that,telltale may be lazy but not that far mate.
    ;)

rabbitrun posted: »

OF COURSE they matter :-)

• edited February 2017

Have you played the Walking Dead? All those choices you made in season one... The only one that still matters is rendered moot -in the first ten minutes of the second season-.

I don't know how GoT Season 2 will play out... but they'll find someway to work past all of your choices and return to a single narrative.

Edit: To add to this, note how many of Season 1's characters have been eliminated.
    Even -if- Mira survives, she is now married to a man who equated her future life with the cell she was in. She would get, at best, one or two scenes, but otherwise be locked into obscurity.
    Depending on your choices, most of House Forrester is dead, possibly to the extent that only Asher / Rodrik and Talia survive. Most of his house allies are gone. All of Asher's army is dead.
    It's likely it'll be explained that Gryff / Ludd were killed in the interim before Season 1 / Season 2, or it will happen in the intro.
    One of the few major choices that still matters is Gerad remaining at the North Grove or taking them with him... however, if they chose to -remain-, they could easily be summoned back if they heard of something extremely dire (or unlocked the power of the Grove, whatever that is)... and arrive exactly when they would have if they had left immediately.

Tunak23 posted: »

Have no doubt about that,telltale may be lazy but not that far mate.

• I think you should kill Gryf as Rodrik , because , if Gryf lives , and when they storm Ironrath , u can see Elaena being dragged by Whitehill soldiers , and everyone knows that Gryf wanted to marry her , so , she might get raped , or forced to marry Gryf ,or Gryf might kill her , (or maybe you can tell Eleana not to stay in Ironrath so she might get saved) while Rodrik is out there in the middle of nowhere with talia and Duncan/Royland

• But don't you need tom to help getting the decree, does killing him affect getting the decree??

• Can anyone give me the savefiles with this choices? Because my save files are all corrupted and unplayable right now and i just can't start from the beginning. I always followed this choices in the game. I'll just rewind to where i was to episode 5. Thank you.

• No I think that if Ludd lives Elaena will be dragged by Whitehill soldiers too :(.
    The only way to prevent the situation from happening is to send the girl away(hurting her feelings a bit)but indeed saving her life.

• Thansk for this Post! Just completed Episode 1! Loving this game

• Am I the only one that choosed Rodrik to stay behind ... ?
    bruh

• Sorry to say it, but Asher is better lord. While Rodrik did justice for the ones he trusts, Asher did it for everyone and his family, since the start he wanted to kill the Whitehills, he putted his life on the line for the others so much, EVEN if he's a bad guy.

• I don't understand why so many players choose Miras death.

Tom makes it clear, he is helping Mira to survive. He risks his life several times and is always concerned about her. And why would he give himself to the Lannister guards in episode 6? This is a clear sentence to die. And he knows about that.

He couldn't help her at the execution, how should he? It confused me he was there, maybe showing respect to Mira.

When Mira aggrees in public that Tom killed the guard, he gets afraid. Well, who isn't afraid when you're about to die 100%?

Mira might have a chance to get her home back, trying to backstab her "husband".

PS: Yes, I felt sadness when I had to decide between Mira and Tom but I gave you my reasons why.

• I'm not having problem, but come on... What if Rodrik / Asher is alive in the next season, and Morgryn don't
    want to give Ironrath back? Then u fukd up. + At least I rather die and save some loyal friend's life that was always there for me, than mary this two-faced shiet that got you straight to the Black Cells and then wanted Ironrath for himself. Even if I am making Coward / Selfish choices, I prefer saving a friend's life at the end of the day, than being an asshole. It's like a fkin betrayal to let someone that covered for you everytime die. 95% of the family is dead, so at least I prefer having Mira to R.I.P with her family, than live in this goddamn city.

I don't understand why so many players choose Miras death. Tom makes it clear, he is helping Mira to survive. He risks his life several t

• Well actually I believe sons have the first claim to Ironrath if I remember correctly, which means Ryon can claim Ironrath. I doubt that Beskha will allow Ryon to be killed by the Whitehills because he would be all she has of Asher if he was killed off. Mira will get Ironrath only if Ryon is dead so unless that happens Ironrath is still the Forrester's.

• We don't know if Asher is a better lord we never get to make any choices like the one Rodrik had to make. Rodrik might be more tamed than Asher but Rodrik is the only character who can technically win the war against the Whitehills because he agreed to Ramsay's terms of last house standing wins. Which the last house standing actually means the last lord standing which is Rodrik in my playthrough.

AceFTW posted: »

Sorry to say it, but Asher is better lord. While Rodrik did justice for the ones he trusts, Asher did it for everyone and his family, since

• Well, Asher has always been a better fighter than Rodrik. "Do you remember the miller's boy? How he tormented you... I wanted to intervene, but you father said Ethan must fight his own battles. But when Asher saw it, he didn't take a breath. He grabbed the miller's boy by the neck. That was his first instinct. Asher knocked out half the poor boy's teeth." And the biggest brother will always sacrifice himself for his family.

We don't know if Asher is a better lord we never get to make any choices like the one Rodrik had to make. Rodrik might be more tamed than As

• You might be right that Asher is a better fighter but Rodrik has been in the vanguard which means that he knows how to fight a war. Also Asher says in the game that their father has been training Rodrik to be a lord since the day he was born.

AceFTW posted: »

Well, Asher has always been a better fighter than Rodrik. "Do you remember the miller's boy? How he tormented you... I wanted to intervene,

Sign in to comment in this discussion.