"Iron from Ice!": Which Forrester said it best?

edited November 2015 in Game Of Thrones

My favorite was when Mira said it before her execution, it sent chills down my spine. It was really noble and I almost cried when she said it, and I never cry (at least not for video game characters).

Comments

• Mira said it best in my opinion. But the ending of Episode 5 was also really emotional:

'Iron from Ice, brother!'

'Iron from Ice!'

• Ryon in episode 4

• Ryon and Lady Forrester when she drinks the wine, because although defenseless they still have the guts to do so.

• If I had to choose it'd be Ryon.

Ryon and Lady Forrester when she drinks the wine, because although defenseless they still have the guts to do so.

• Mira for sure. Absolutely loved the tone of her voice. She was ready to die a Forrester and not some puppet.

• I think Gared said it best right before he left for the wall.

• I'll agree with Ryon . Before he said that in Ep 4 I had pretty much forgotten about him and was more than willing to sacrifice him in order to Kill Gryff but After he said that I was like oh yeah Ryon is my brother too maybe Lady Forrester was right for stopping me from Killing Gryff earlier.

tyc1994 posted: »

Ryon in episode 4

• I'm not one of those people who sit around talking to myself or who show any kind of emotion really while I play games, but looking back I remember smirking after hearing Ryon say it. Perhaps because he's an NPC and it caught me off guard. Although my plan was always to save Ryon at all cost, I didn't truly care about saving him until that point. After hearing Rodrik say it at the end of Ep. 5 my eyes got a little warm, I think, but that was only because of the music combined with Roylands frantic pleas (along with the fact that I'm about to lose my favorite protagonist). Ashers at the end of episode 6 was good, Miras better, but Ryons best of all for me sense it was the only one I had an actual reaction too.

• Mira and Ryon are tied for the best

But the most emotional for me was Elissa. I watched her drink the poison, didn't stop her and OMG I'm so sad now

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

Hahaha I got like 20 takes of poor Martha Mackintosh yelling "Iron from Ice!" over and over in different ways. She was a total trooper. Mira's execution was such a pivotal moment (and I figured most players would pick that particular dialog choice) so we wanted the delivery to be the very best it could be. Such a privilege working with Martha: she's a fantastic actress.

• I know right? I like her voice a lot.

ArthurV posted: »

Hahaha I got like 20 takes of poor Martha Mackintosh yelling "Iron from Ice!" over and over in different ways. She was a total trooper. Mira

• Loved her voice, glad I kept her alive........but poor Tom though :(

Hahaha I got like 20 takes of poor Martha Mackintosh yelling "Iron from Ice!" over and over in different ways. She was a total trooper. Mira

• Tom's VA did a fantastic job as well, no doubt.

• He'd be my pick for the worst.

The squeeky little kid voice isn't exactly inspiring in the same way that Rodrik or Asher saying it is.

If I had to choose it'd be Ryon.

• edited November 2015

To me, Malcom's "Iron from Ice" in Chapter 5 is the best, it sounded painful but firm at the same time. Iron from Ice!

(If only Forresters count, then of course it's Asher's, but I love his Fire and Blood replied to Malcom as well)

• Ranked them

1.Ryon

1. Rodrik

2. Asher

3. Elissa

4. Mira

Did talia and gregor even say it? Can't remember anyway

• Gregor never said it. Talia said it at the funeral but it was at the same time as everyone else.

Ranked them 1.Ryon * Rodrik * Asher * Elissa * Mira Did talia and gregor even say it? Can't remember anyway

• Definitely Mira.

• I think all of us know.

enter image description here

Mira... ;___;

• Ryon in episode 4

• Gregor says it if Gared toasts "iron from ice" in episode 1

Ranked them 1.Ryon * Rodrik * Asher * Elissa * Mira Did talia and gregor even say it? Can't remember anyway

1. Ryon
    2. Mira
    3. Elissa
    4. Rodrik/Asher
    5. Gared
  • Definitely Mira's determinant execution - those parting words were almost a fitting end for her story.

• edited December 2015
    1. Rodrik, If you choose him to save Asher in ep 5 !!!
    2. The next is Ryon when he was Whitehill's keep !!!
    3. The last is Mira, before her execution !!!
  • Gotta agree with seriousboy2591

* Rodrik, If you choose him to save Asher in ep 5 !!! * The next is Ryon when he was Whitehill's keep !!! * The last is Mira, before her execution !!!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.