:( Maester Ortengryn

Anyone sad that he's dead.

enter image description here

I wonder who killed him.

Comments

• edited November 2015

Even though I cared for many of the Forresters, including Duncan and Royland, I'm not really sad that Ortengryn's dead. Maybe because I didn't truly cared about him, though.

• Yeah I really like Ortengryn, i'm sad we don't even get an on-screen death for him.

• I mourn for him and his beard every day.

• I wonder why TellTale had him be less and less important as the episodes went on. He hardly did anything for the last few episodes.

• As soon as he turned into a coward I gave up on him and I don't care that he's dead. I liked him just not enough to care about him.

• edited November 2015

Maybe he's still alive , and talking about him,and sorry for liglhtly changing the subject ,but him being the traitor would have actually made sense since Ebbert Whitehill is also becoming a maester .They could have met and became friends , hence the reason why he would betray the forresters ....Who said there was only one traitor , perhaps he just didn't turn himself in ...That could be a reason for him to be still alive in the next season.

• Why killed the Maester? He would be useful to treat wounded soldiers :(

• I wish they showed him die, I hate how they killed him off screen and the only way knowing that he died is to look in the codex.

• I don't believe he is dead. Unless you see them die, they aren't dead.

• I really liked him, I wish they used him more, he kind of turned into a background character after EP2. I like that in EP1 they used his character as a source of history. Gared can ask him why the Whitehills hate the Forresters, and he'd start going on about how things have been tense between them for as long as anyone can remember. And he tells Ethan about his Grandfather, Thorren the bold, and Gerhard the tall who founded the House.

• Wait, what? He's dead?? I didn't even realize... If he's really dead, damn.. I'm gonna miss his voice. :(

• He did get beaten down by Gryff in Episode 3, that was hard to watch I mean who goes through years of training and having to say goodbye to his family (some noble family in the Vale) just to be treated like a cockroach. Life's a b....

• Well, Stannis wasn't shown to be killed, yet he's definitely dead.

I don't believe he is dead. Unless you see them die, they aren't dead.

• I would stroke his head with my iron wood scabbard sad he's gone.

• edited December 2015

I get the feeling he's alive with Talia and Sentinel/Traitor/Gwyn so that he can heal Asher/Rodrik

• Codex confirmed he is dead

Dydix958 posted: »

Maybe he's still alive , and talking about him,and sorry for liglhtly changing the subject ,but him being the traitor would have actually

• Barely trusted him honestly between him and Elissa dying I feel like its addition by subtraction

Sign in to comment in this discussion.