Talia's necklace

After replaying the game I noticed how its implied that all of Gregor's children received a necklace like Talia's. Would it be safe to assume that Gregor's bastards got one as well, or was Gregor planning on eventually telling his family and having one of his children go in search of the North Grove themselves.

Comments

• Gregor is dead so he wouldn't know that Talia gave Gared her necklace. It was also unexpected for Gregor before he died.

• Gregor didn't give all his children necklaces. Just Rodrik, Talia, and Ethan. I remember Duncan mentioning it.

• But Gregor would of known that the necklace would be a key to finding the grove, so what reason would he have to give it to each one of his children. It's probably best to guess that Gared wasn't supposed to be told about the North Grove and Gregor just had to make sure it was safe.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Gregor is dead so he wouldn't know that Talia gave Gared her necklace. It was also unexpected for Gregor before he died.

• That only leaves Ryon and Asher, possible Asher was exiled at that time and maybe Ryon was too young. It's just a strange thing to bring up with no other reference to it. Rodrik never directly interacts with his necklace, so why bring it up

Gregor didn't give all his children necklaces. Just Rodrik, Talia, and Ethan. I remember Duncan mentioning it.

• True. Thing is that he hid the map to the north grove and kept his notes separate. Probably so that no one would find out about his bastard children including the power of the North Grove.

Talimancer posted: »

But Gregor would of known that the necklace would be a key to finding the grove, so what reason would he have to give it to each one of his

• I guess Gregor was playing favorites :3

That only leaves Ryon and Asher, possible Asher was exiled at that time and maybe Ryon was too young. It's just a strange thing to bring up with no other reference to it. Rodrik never directly interacts with his necklace, so why bring it up

• What does he say exactly and when

Gregor didn't give all his children necklaces. Just Rodrik, Talia, and Ethan. I remember Duncan mentioning it.

• I don't remember which episode, but he says it when Gared shows him Talia's necklace. He says Rodrik and Ethan had ones just like it.

What does he say exactly and when

• He says it in episode 3 when Duncan speaks with Gared.

His exact words are: "Wait... Lord Forrester gave Ethan a similar one as well. Rodrik too. I wonder..."

What does he say exactly and when

• Hmmm... safe to assume that Asher, Ryon, and Mira didn't get one?

Kateis posted: »

He says it in episode 3 when Duncan speaks with Gared. His exact words are: "Wait... Lord Forrester gave Ethan a similar one as well. Rodrik too. I wonder..."

• Possibly, maybe he gave the children that he thought could make it to the North Grove a necklace.

Oooo, or maybe he gave the 'smarter' children a necklace as they could possibly work out the riddle? I have no idea, maybe he only made the necklaces once Mira and Asher were gone and he thought there was no need to give on to Ryon?

Hmmm... safe to assume that Asher, Ryon, and Mira didn't get one?

• ..Mira?

That only leaves Ryon and Asher, possible Asher was exiled at that time and maybe Ryon was too young. It's just a strange thing to bring up with no other reference to it. Rodrik never directly interacts with his necklace, so why bring it up

• Well if it's worth anything, Asher and Mira don't live in Ironrath, and Ryon is quite young. Last time he saw his father I assume was two years before Gared came back.

Possibly, maybe he gave the children that he thought could make it to the North Grove a necklace. Oooo, or maybe he gave the 'smarter' ch

• I guess it all depends on when the necklaces were made.

Well if it's worth anything, Asher and Mira don't live in Ironrath, and Ryon is quite young. Last time he saw his father I assume was two years before Gared came back.

• I heard that too and Rodrik knows about the North Grove or at least the basics, you hear it if Duncans the Traitor.

• Yeah it could have been when Asher was exiled and Mira was in Highgarden.

I guess it all depends on when the necklaces were made.

• Don't insult me.

NicWarden posted: »

I heard that too and Rodrik knows about the North Grove or at least the basics, you hear it if Duncans the Traitor.

• Well, he does mention the North Grove to Duncan.. so Rodrik would probably know about it, maybe he already interacted with it off-screen.

• WHAAAAAAAA !

Brodester08 posted: »

Don't insult me.

• I don't know I was just fucking with you.

NicWarden posted: »

WHAAAAAAAA !

Sign in to comment in this discussion.