About Torrhen Whitehill...

The guy's in Roose Bolton's company ,
Don't know why , But i kinda fear the man ,I feel like he'll be much smarter than his brother Gryff , and as good as his father in tactics and strategy , maybe even more. And i kinda feel he will be the one killing the remaining lord .

Ludd is said to be afraid of asher , because he don't what he's capable of ...I didn't understand at first , but now ..I have the same fear towards Torrhen Whitehill , the fear of the unknown .Perhaps i don't have to be that afraid of him , since some suspects him to be playable in s2 .But i don't know... if i we were to get to play him , i'd make the badest choices ever to make him lose , So i don't know what's the point of playing someone with a family name that you hate , even if the guy is likable , i'd still try to kill his entire family .For example , if we could get to play Tyrion Lannister ,wouldn't you guys do anything to kill all the Lannisters even if it's your favorite character in the show ? I don't know ..Wh do you guys think about this ?

Comments

• He might be the next seasons villain so it makes sense to be afraid. With any luck he'll be playable.

• I feel like Torrhen is a must have for season 2. I love the comparison you made between him and Asher, it makes so much sense, as similarly to Asher he's an unknown. It's interesting, because we know almost nothing about Torrhen, and yet I'm super intrigued by his character.

• I think it would be more interesting if he was a playable villain. He'd be like a mercenary, outlaw like Euron Greyjoy and with Roose as his boss he could reek havoc upon the North with impunity

• Tyrion was a bad example, one does not simply kill Tyrion.

• "Reek" Wink Wink.

Clemenem posted: »

I think it would be more interesting if he was a playable villain. He'd be like a mercenary, outlaw like Euron Greyjoy and with Roose as his boss he could reek havoc upon the North with impunity

• I've said this a couple of times on here, but I have a feeling that Torrhen Whitehill is nothing like Gryff or Ludd. Would Telltale make a 3rd blowhard Whitehill character? And heck, his first name is Torrhen for crying out loud..lol

I have him pegged along the lines of a Gwyn. Then again, I could be off by a lot, lol. We'll likely see in season 2.

I also don't think Ludd had Asher pegged as an unknown (he knew full well about Asher and his rebellious antics in his teen years), but knowing just how crazy and unpredictable he could be.

• I really, really, really, hope he's playable next season. Even if he isn't I'd at least like him to have redeemable qualities. Having all the Whitehills (excluding their hero, Harys) be irredeemable villains was fucking awful. I hated that the whole season we dealt with two-dimensional enemies. I wouldn't mind one 2D enemy (Ramsay and G. Clegane show that 2D characters are certainly canon) but having the whole family and all of their soldiers (except Harys) be 2 dimensional was really out of place in the world of GoT/ASoIaF.

Tl;dr: I hope Torrhen isn't an irredeemable cunt.

• This isn't a popular opinion, but I don't think they were two-dimensional characters with no redeemable qualities.

I really, really, really, hope he's playable next season. Even if he isn't I'd at least like him to have redeemable qualities. Having all th

• edited December 2015

Maybe not exactly however despite the feast in episode 4, they were really just generic jerks with not much character to either of them

AgentZ46 posted: »

This isn't a popular opinion, but I don't think they were two-dimensional characters with no redeemable qualities.

• I disagree. They're arrogant, there's no denying that. But, Ludd has shown to know mercy, plus courtesy and guest right is important to him. Gryff... uh, he's got nice hair? Jokes aside, I do think Gryff's a great character, and that there's more to him, I just can't think of it right now.

Maybe not exactly however despite the feast in episode 4, they were really just generic jerks with not much character to either of them

• I was hoping that Telltale would make a twist were Gyrff ends up allying with the Forresters and Gwyn ends up completely loyal to her father. Gryff seems like someone who has gone through abuse both phyiscally by his brothers and mentally by his father. In my headcanon he's the nicest of the Whitehills. He has never killed anyone and he never wants to.

I disagree. They're arrogant, there's no denying that. But, Ludd has shown to know mercy, plus courtesy and guest right is important to him.

• I like to believe that Torrhen is just like his sister Gywn. A more or less reasonable person who want his family to be strong. I don't want him to be as hammy and loud like Ludd and Gryff. I refuse to believe that Gywn is the only white sheep in the family.

• Am I the only one who things Ebbert would be cool to be playable?

• Nope. A POV at the citadel would be awesome!

Am I the only one who things Ebbert would be cool to be playable?

• I just hope they don't make him another "uhhh I'm so douchey" Whitehill and make him an reasonable vilain or at least one I can respect.

• Considering Ludd is determinant and Torrhen is older than Gryff, I think it's an almost certainty that we'll be hearing from Torrhen in some form or another due to his succession as Lord of Highpoint (unless it turns out Torrhen has a heart attack after hearing about the death of his father making Gryff lord or something).

I also have a slight belief that Torrhen actually has a problem with his family. Didn't Gwyn say that the older brothers picked on Gryff at childhood or something?

I think it's also worth noting that there's no mention of Torrhen at all save for that one reference by Gwyn. Why? Considering how much everyone disses Gryffs status as the fourth born and the fact he travelled all the way from Harrenhal to go there. Surely someone like Ludd would go on boasting about how his son and heir is directly working alongside the new Warden of the North? And why wasn't Torrhen sent to Ironrath rather than Gryff? If Torrhen is a man to be feared, a first born who could strike fear into the Forresters, someone who could be trusted to follow Roose and Ramsey's orders to the letter, then why not send him? Is he that useful to the Boltons at home? Or was the garrison just more suited for Gryff?

To me, this could speak a few things.

1. Torrhen isn't strictly a warrior and wasn't suited for the garrison, in which case maybe we have little to fear from the man himself.
    2. The garrison was an opportunity handed to Gryff on a whim and as an opportunity. Also maybe because the garrison wasn't worth Torrhen's time.
    3. Torrhen dislikes his family in general and refuses to listen to Ludd. Perhaps this dislike grew after Ludd's 'change' after Lady Whitehill passed. This might also explain why Ludd never mentions him, being ashamed or just disconnected from him.
    4. The Boltons find him useful and specifically ordered he stay. In which case we should probably be worried, especially if he is now Lord.
  • I don't want to disprove your excellent theories. But Gywn mention in episode 3, that Ludd intentionally send Gryff to Ironrath in order to cause trouble and to push for war.

Davissons posted: »

Considering Ludd is determinant and Torrhen is older than Gryff, I think it's an almost certainty that we'll be hearing from Torrhen in some

• Which basically disproves the theory that Ludd didn't want to go to war.

I don't want to disprove your excellent theories. But Gywn mention in episode 3, that Ludd intentionally send Gryff to Ironrath in order to cause trouble and to push for war.

• But Gwyn said that Ludd always defended Gryff from his brothers.

Kireilt posted: »

I was hoping that Telltale would make a twist were Gyrff ends up allying with the Forresters and Gwyn ends up completely loyal to her father

• For Ludd to defend Gryff, Gryff must first be victimized. We don't know exactly when Ludd decided to step in or how long Gryff's brothers were hazing him untill Ludd put a stop to it.

But Gwyn said that Ludd always defended Gryff from his brothers.

• I don't think that's possible.

I just hope they don't make him another "uhhh I'm so douchey" Whitehill and make him an reasonable vilain or at least one I can respect.

• This.

Kireilt posted: »

I was hoping that Telltale would make a twist were Gyrff ends up allying with the Forresters and Gwyn ends up completely loyal to her father

• My theory about Torrhen is that he is different from the other Whitehills. By all rights, the heir to a noble house should be hanging around with the lord and learning the tricks of the trade (you can see it with Robb and Eddard, also Rodrik with Gregor). We also know Ludd is domineering and wouldn't want someone around who could easily challenge his authority and express contradictory ideas to his own.

That's why I think Torrhen will be playable in S2. It'll allow the player to experience events as a Whitehill while also still keeping the antagonist (Ludd/Gryff) an antagonist.

• Even though I do agree that having Torrhen be a good guy/decent person would create the diversity in the family the whole protagonist good guy thing is so overplayed at this point. Telltale hasn't really had a villainous protagonist. I'm hoping Ludd sent him away because he's one of the psychotic skeletons under the Whitehill sink and like you said he may be too hard to be controlled and pushed around and may want his own dangerous and adventurous exploits. He may have jumped to work for Roose at the first opportunity because of his own ambitions.

ranger563 posted: »

My theory about Torrhen is that he is different from the other Whitehills. By all rights, the heir to a noble house should be hanging around

• I'd like Torrhen to have redeemable qualities but I absolutely agree that a protagonist who isn't 100% morally righteous would be great. I continuously tried to play as an evil-Rodrik, but even his most evil possible actions aren't particularly bad and are easily justifiable.

Even though I do agree that having Torrhen be a good guy/decent person would create the diversity in the family the whole protagonist good g

• I feel like Torrhen is going to be like Jaime in A Feast For Crows and Dance with Dragons.

• You mean his role will be cleaning up the mess that the war has left?

MilkManBand posted: »

I feel like Torrhen is going to be like Jaime in A Feast For Crows and Dance with Dragons.

• I really hope that's the case.

MilkManBand posted: »

I feel like Torrhen is going to be like Jaime in A Feast For Crows and Dance with Dragons.

• I assumed that Gryff was there for two purposes:

1. Antagonize the Forresters to start a fight, leading to the death of House Forrester
    2. Establish Gryff as the lord of House Whitehill of Ironrath

Torrhen has stuff to do and things to learn, especially since he wasn't taught things about ruling while he was growing up (because their first born son died) and suddenly had lordship thrust on him. He doesn't have time to waste on guard duty, he's going to have a House to run, Gryff on the other does have time to sit around and antagonize people and perhaps become a lord in his own right in the process.

Davissons posted: »

Considering Ludd is determinant and Torrhen is older than Gryff, I think it's an almost certainty that we'll be hearing from Torrhen in some

• "Surrender or we will hang your nephew!"

You mean his role will be cleaning up the mess that the war has left?

• Personally I dread the day canon Torrhen rears his head because I have too many headcanons and art and stuff for the character :P

• edited December 2015

It Wasn't about killing him , but killing his entire family , if you would get to play him , wouldn't you kill his entire family ?

NicWarden posted: »

Tyrion was a bad example, one does not simply kill Tyrion.

• Well he does work for the Boltons....

RKOLegend1 posted: »

I've said this a couple of times on here, but I have a feeling that Torrhen Whitehill is nothing like Gryff or Ludd. Would Telltale make a 3

• No. I like the Lannisters. Except Cersei. Fuck Cersei.

Dydix958 posted: »

It Wasn't about killing him , but killing his entire family , if you would get to play him , wouldn't you kill his entire family ?

• So? People in the medieval eras don't choose who they serve. Not only that, but Roose isn't particularly bad.

Well he does work for the Boltons....

• Soooo the Boltons flay people and are hated by pretty much the whole North? Someone who serves them has most likely participated in cruel acts (like the Bolton soldier from episode 1), or at the very least has seen cruel things be done and allowed it to happen.

So? People in the medieval eras don't choose who they serve. Not only that, but Roose isn't particularly bad.

• Ramsay flays people. Roose never really says. There were cruel people under the Starks as well. Literally every lord has cruel people under them and witnesses acts of cruelty. Just because they are Bolton bannerman doesn't mean that they're evil, it doesn't even slightly increase the chance of that being so. Also, there are literally zero things that suggest people under the Boltons are exposed to more cruelty than those under anyone else (unless they're one of Ramsay's men)

Bad argument is bad.

Soooo the Boltons flay people and are hated by pretty much the whole North? Someone who serves them has most likely participated in cruel ac

• edited December 2015

Yeah, Ramsay flays people... while his whole fucking garrison is laughing and cheering him on!! Get real dude, the Boltons have an entire history of "Red Kings" who love bloodshed and were always fighting the Starks and skinning the princes to use their skin as cloaks. I can literally use AWOIAF as a source when I say that the Boltons are a grim and bloody people that decent folk don't really throw their support behind unless they're scared for their lives. Stupid argument is stupid, I mean you're the guy with the troll logic of Harys being a noble and courageous crusader for peace. Lol

Ramsay flays people. Roose never really says. There were cruel people under the Starks as well. Literally every lord has cruel people under

• edited December 2015

AWOIAF IS INTENTIONALLY UNRELIABLE it is written from the pov of a Maester writing what he has heard and witnessed in the world. Most of the things in there are literally urban legends. Yes, Ramsay flays people, I mentioned him specifically. People in their world don't choose who they serve and the commoners don't care, Westeros' entire political system revolves around this concept. Roose is not evil. He isn't the most moral man but there is literally nothing suggesting cruel and evil.

Your argument is bad and you should feel bad.

Yeah, Ramsay flays people... while his whole fucking garrison is laughing and cheering him on!! Get real dude, the Boltons have an entire hi

• edited December 2015

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

I've seens lots of shit arguments on these forums but this is genuinely one of the worst. He's arguing with sources and things we can observe but you're like "The Boltons are bad because they are bad, they have ancestors who are evil so therefore they're all evil like anyone who serves them" Also, Ramsay has specific soldiers, they aren't "the whole garrison" they are his specifically (well, they answer to Roose but serve Ramsay) they are not the rule, they're the exception. People don't choose who they serve in this world. That's not how bannerman work.

Bad argument is bad.

Also, this was already mentioned but AWOIAF is not reliable. That's the point of it, it's meant to humanize Westeros by showing that their historians aren't quite sure what is and isn't history. It's the equivalent of books today that have oceans labeled Hear be dragons

Yeah, Ramsay flays people... while his whole fucking garrison is laughing and cheering him on!! Get real dude, the Boltons have an entire hi

Sign in to comment in this discussion.