Telltale Games, Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment Announce Game Series based on Batman™ for 2016

kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

Episodic Game Series based on DC Comics’ Iconic Character to Premiere Next Year

enter image description here

Telltale Games, with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment, today announced an interactive episodic game series based on DC Comics’ iconic Batman™ that is set to premiere in 2016. The official title for the Telltale series is yet to be revealed.

The episodic game series will premiere digitally on home consoles, PC/Mac, and mobile devices. Specific platform details are yet to be announced.

“At Telltale, we’ve been honored to bring our unique approach to interactive storytelling to some of the biggest entertainment franchises in the world, and we’re excited to announce that we’ll soon be exploring what it means to be Batman in an all-new series starting next year,” said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. “This iteration of Batman will give fans a first-hand opportunity to dive deeper into the complex life and mind of Bruce Wayne, the duality of his own identity, and the struggle of responsibility in saving a city overcome with corruption and villainy.”

“Telltale has an established track record of creating award-winning content for some of the best properties in the world,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “We look forward to working with the team as they deliver a new interactive way for fans and gamers to experience the rich narrative world of Batman.”

Revealed on-stage at The Game Awards 2015 in Los Angeles, you can now watch the full announcement trailer below:

Comments

• How I love TellTale let me count the ways:
    Borderlands
    Game of Thrones
    Wolves Among Us
    MineCraft
    Now Batman ...

Im done ... I can't take the goodies any more.

• edited December 2015

Finally, a Batman game that will actually feature Bruce Wayne! Man, Telltale could create something really special here with exploring the two sides of the Batman.

• because I AM BATMAN

• Cannot wait for this! Batman is my all time favorite character.

I loved Back to the Future and Game of Thrones. You guys rock!!!!

• Will we be lucky enough to see this title on Linux as well? What does "PC" mean in the above statement? I assume you meant "Windows"? ;)

• I was just thinking that the chance of them releasing wolf among us season 2 is getting pushed back or maybe not even happening. But then they go and do this! A freaking Batman game no way dude!!! I am a huge Batman fan so this is fantastic news - I love Telltale and I love Batman so let's go!

• This was certainly out of nowhere! Pretty incredible you guys are continuing to work with such big franchises!

• Announcing this DC partnership after announcing that Marvel one.......this gon be good

• I'm so proud of telltale, just getting bigger and better every year. This one is gonna be amazing.

• Yes, yes, yes! :D I was waiting to see any news for Michonne DLC but they also announced something like this! Can't wait to see what they will do with this series.

• You've broken me. I am speechless. You managed to rope me into Minecraft: Story Mode. I'd say that this just either wouldn't be a Telltale game or a proper Batman "something", kinda wondering what the choices would be and if they'd be all that different from each other. But after managing to draw me in with game after game since The Walking Dead and recently with Minecraft: Story Mode, I cannot say one way or the other anymore, even if I'm leaning towards no. But "no" what? No it won't be that great? No I won't be interested? I don't know, but it doesn't matter because I might get pulled in and charmed again anyway.

• All aboard to the Hype Train!
    CHOO CHOO

• HOLY CRAP! I called it! A bit ago, I was thinking of what would happen if Telltale Games made a Batman game and then there's this announce! Wow!

• edited December 2015

not a deal breaker, but Kevin Conroy should do the voice of batman, and i mean, mark hamill is a great joker

• Patiently waiting for a Breaking Bad game...

• That would be amazing, breaking bad and telltale= awesome

Patiently waiting for a Breaking Bad game...

• OMG ,cant wait. ;OOOOO

• 2 things:

1. Holy Telltale game announcement Batman!
    2. When will we be able to link our XBL/PSN profile to our accounts?
  • edited December 2015

I'm personally not excited about the last announcements, both the Marvel one, and this one. I am not fond of comics, especially the superhero ones, and the few Batman movies I watched proved utterly boring, so I'll skip that one and just wait for The Walking Dead or for them to create another game in an universe that I'll happen to look forward to, either in a medieval universe (Arthurian/Warhammer/LOTR), a in Sci-fi universe like Dune, or even an Alice in Wonderland one could be really fun! But Batman has a lot of fans so it'll probably make a lot of happy people, so I'm happy for them :)

• Awesome. This is something I can really get behind. Considering the whole 'gritty, dark and edgy' thing that has been going on with superheroes lately, this feels like a perfect Telltale match.

• this was something i was never expecting. hope it goes amazing , though i would like to have a superman game. Anyway this is another IP of great importance , that being said i wonder about other IP , its just too many games to deal and the pressure will go bigger

• hope not, not a fan at all of the show, im waiting for a Bioshock Telltale game

Patiently waiting for a Breaking Bad game...

• I'm sorry but they lost my respect after I played the walking dead. The quality of telltale has gone way down hill since then. Walking Dead GoT and Minecraft story mode are crap compared to their past games. Telltale has lost their magic and it makes me very sad to see that. So I don't have any hope for Batman. Don't get excited either about hoping for Kevin Conroy to do the voice. Telltale just puts all the money in to the IP and almost nothing in to the game.

• Have you played Tales from the Borderlands or The Wolf Among Us?

Randall_Mc posted: »

I'm sorry but they lost my respect after I played the walking dead. The quality of telltale has gone way down hill since then. Walking Dead

• Holy shit I was hoping for something like this. TellTale's gameplay with Batman?!? This is gonna be amazing. Hoping for a Scarecrow or Harley appearance.

• You realize that The Walking Dead is based on a comic, right? The same for The Wolf Among Us.

Lanawinst posted: »

I'm personally not excited about the last announcements, both the Marvel one, and this one. I am not fond of comics, especially the superher

• Hope not, not a fan at all of bioshock, i'm waiting for a breaking bad telltale game

iweir2k14 posted: »

hope not, not a fan at all of the show, im waiting for a Bioshock Telltale game

• Nightwing, Red Hood and Batgirl. It's going to be legen-- wait for it-- and I hope you're not lactose intolerant, because the second half of the word is-- dary! Legendary!

Holy shit I was hoping for something like this. TellTale's gameplay with Batman?!? This is gonna be amazing. Hoping for a Scarecrow or Harley appearance.

• edited December 2015

Did you forgot about someone really special in Batman's life?

Holy shit I was hoping for something like this. TellTale's gameplay with Batman?!? This is gonna be amazing. Hoping for a Scarecrow or Harley appearance.

• hope not, not a fan of breaking bad, i'm waiting for a bioshock telltale game

litbeep posted: »

Hope not, not a fan at all of bioshock, i'm waiting for a breaking bad telltale game

• It would be so cool if instead of playing as batman, you played as the joker

• wow this will be great, batman is perfect for a telltale game. still secretly hoping for season 2 of the wolf among us though.

• I have a few thoughts.

Bold move for ttg to go for, but i have high hopes for it,

if kevin conroy is the voice i'm sold like you would not believe, if not i'll wait, yes i am a kevin conroy fan, he is batman outside of movies and cough 'tv'...cough.

also if it should contain the joker then that's gotta be mark hamil but that would a be huge bonus.

• edited December 2015

Yep, I know. I didn't mean to say that I wouldn't give the game a try just because it was based on a comic, just that the fact that it was based on a comic meant that it was probably not going to be my cup of tea, since I'm not a fan of either the form or the contents that comics/manga typically features, added to the fact that I find both superhero stories and Batman movies utterly boring is reason enough for me to want to skip this game.

And actually, playing The Wolf Among Us comforted me in that opinion, because as much as Telltale's skill at storytelling is undeniable, I had a hard time caring for it and ended up feeling very underwhelmed by the experience. The Walking Dead is a bit of an exception. I discovered the universe with the TV show, and it was love at first sight. But still, the fact that it's not at all about some far-fetched action-focused super-hero story must have played a huge part in that.

RatofDeath posted: »

You realize that The Walking Dead is based on a comic, right? The same for The Wolf Among Us.

• Game of Thrones ain't bad either, Randall the GoT-hater...

dojo32161 posted: »

Have you played Tales from the Borderlands or The Wolf Among Us?

• Haven't seen you in a while.

I have a few thoughts. Bold move for ttg to go for, but i have high hopes for it, if kevin conroy is the voice i'm sold like you would

• With the anticipation of the Batman/Superman crossover come out in the same year, it makes perfect sense

This discussion has been closed.