This happens every time! (Telltale Batman release reactions)

I love how every f-king time Telltale releases a new game everybody gets so bitchy and angry and immediately start loving it once it comes out. I mean I was on Facebook when I read the announcement and already in the comments most people are like "Oh, stop Telltale" or "Why are you ruining our favorite things Telltale". This is the same crap that happened with Tales from the Borderlands and Minecraft. I never got it, though. Both are popular games (not a big fan of the original Minecraft game, mind you) and everyone was saying "it'll suck". I'm like really? This is the same guys that brought us Walking Dead, one of the best games that came out in 2012 and you're suddenly becoming fair weather? Why? It's just very confusing how some people love Telltale for one minute then suddenly despise them once they announce a new game that isn't a sequel.

Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2015

Just as people bash a new Telltale game when it's announced, a large portion of people also manage to come around. It happened for Wolf Among Us, it happened for Borderlands, and it's even happening for Minecraft with Telltale fans that don't mind non-M rated games.

I think the Batman game sounds great - I'm not much of a comic person, but even I can tell the Batman source material has pretty strong potential for a Telltale game. :)

• Really? I didn't hear that many people really complain about WAU, because Fables was a relatively uknown comic. I mean Telltale basically helped boost its awareness. I can vouch for myself because I started reading the comics shortly after playing the game.

Just as people bash a new Telltale game when it's announced, a large portion of people also manage to come around. It happened for Wolf Amon

• Walking Dead fans complained that Fables would steal attention from Season Two... even though it was announced on the same day as Season One of Walking Dead at a Telltale press event years earlier. :P (Wolf was supposed to come out earlier, but was delayed to incorporate Walking Dead's choice system).

Telltale had released multiple titles at once before with their older types of games, but this was the first time they had released multiple titles at once for their modern fan base.

MatthewPaul posted: »

Really? I didn't hear that many people really complain about WAU, because Fables was a relatively uknown comic. I mean Telltale basically he

• If it was another crappy announcement similar to minecraft yeah I'd be bitching, but I'm actually excited for this. I don't expect it to be anywhere near as good as the Rocksteady games, but I still think it will be great. I just hope they get a great voice actor for Batman. Maybe Roger Craig Smith. We know Troy Baker would easily be an excellent choice for Joker, but I hope they go a different route and fix the one mistake the Arkham games did and choose a different main villian besides Joker. I put my vote for Ra's al ghul or Killer Croc.

• I think some people still hold the same judgment about Minecraft now back to when it was originally announced. As I've not bought it and have no plans on doing so. I'm neutral about this announcement only because I think they won't have enough time to manage each game (as seen with TWD S2 imo) even with apparent new hires. I'll wait for a trailer before I decide if I'd like to buy it or not.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2015

Plus there were tons of people who didn't know about Fables who were complaining because it was based on fairy tales and that it would be too child-like (pointing out the screenshot of Colin the Pig, and wondering how anyone could take a talking pig seriously).

Of course that kind of conversation stopped immediately the moment the first trailer for The Wolf Among Us was released. ;)

Walking Dead fans complained that Fables would steal attention from Season Two... even though it was announced on the same day as Season One

• edited December 2015

There are haters for literally every game out. FaceBook/Twitter/YouTube are just cesspits of dumb hate. Trust me, more people enjoy, or are excited for the games then the ones who hate them. The ones who enjoy them are the ones playing them...the others just sit behind their computers abusing developers for creative works. Bunch of no lives. TellTale's Minecraft was probably their most un-anticipated game yet and look at it now, insanely popular, it's been on the most downloaded app on the App Store and hasn't moved for weeks as an example. Ignore haters.

• Since the trailer focuses on the local economy as the basis for increased crime, I hope they delve into it a lot.

• i still remember the amounts of shit TT got when TFTBL was announced. i remember cuz i was bitching a bit too but not like some of Bitch and whine club. i did what i said i would do, watch the shit on YT and if its good buy it. i didnt bitch all the time until its release date, i just went on waiting for TWD S2, and watched the LPs. goddamn was that game good. so again im gonna do the same.

• No matter how much you can potentially fuck up Batman, you can never fuck it up as bad as Batman & Robin. Telltale is going to do just fine with this.

• edited December 2015

What are you talking about, literally 90% of people in that reveal thread are excited? I'm starting to think this whole everyone gets angry at every release is just something people say. Ive only seen people freak out at minecraft and frankly I'm thinking that was fine

• Tales as well

What are you talking about, literally 90% of people in that reveal thread are excited? I'm starting to think this whole everyone gets angry

• The hate against the Cheetos game was justified in my opinion.

Oh wait...

• He's talking specifically about Facebook and I agree. Complete shit show. Twitter is just as bad.

What are you talking about, literally 90% of people in that reveal thread are excited? I'm starting to think this whole everyone gets angry

• #NeverForget

Alt text

Telltale Games and Frito-Lay announce Groundbreaking Partnership for Episodic 'Cheetos' Series

SAN RAFAEL, Calif., Jan. 16th, 2015 -- Leading and award-winning developer and publisher of digital entertainment Telltale Games and world renowned snack provider Frito Lay today announced a groundbreaking, cross media partnership to create a tailored, episodic narrative about the iconic 'Cheetos' snack brand. Cheetos - A Telltale Games Series will be an all-new narrative-driven, episodic game series, developed by Telltale in collaboration with Frito Lay.

"Partnering with Frito Lay and working with the well established 'Cheetos' brand is a dream come true for us as game makers and as storytellers," said Kevin Bruner, President and Co-Founder of Telltale Games. "Chester Cheetah is an icon and a brand mascot of infinite possibility and imagination. Working with the Frito Lay team on our own unique, story-driven interpretation of their fascinating universe is a tremendous honor. We simply cannot wait for fans across the world to take off with us on this new adventure."

"Having recently premiered consecutive releases of Tales from the Borderlands - A Telltale Games Series and Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games series alongside our diligent work on upcoming franchises including Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series and The Walking Dead: Season 3 - A Telltale Games Series in the months ahead, it is a prestigious honor to add Cheetos to our amazing Telltale repertoire of worlds with amazing story telling potential" said Kevin Bruner, recently promoted to CEO of Telltale Games.

Cheetos - A Telltale Games Series will be be available to download in 2016 on Xbox consoles, PlayStation consoles, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android-based devices. The series is currently in development, and is not yet rated by the ESRB.

For more information on Telltale Games, visit the official website, Facebook, and follow @TelltaleGames on Twitter.

About Telltale, Inc.
    Telltale is a leading independent developer and publisher of games for every major interactive platform from home consoles and PC to mobile and tablet devices, and is the pioneer of the episodic delivery of digital gaming content. By successfully developing games as an episodic series and frequently releasing in the format a game season, they create longer consumer engagement than traditional games for each release. Founded in 2004 by games industry veterans with decades of experience, Telltale has quickly become an industry leader with numerous honors and awards from the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences, BAFTA, the IMGA, and more, as well as being named Studio of the Year in 2012, after establishing a model for successful episodic game creation and digital publishing. Telltale's reputation for quality has been established across more than two dozen different product releases over the years with recognition and acclaim from publications like IGN, The New York Times, and Variety, including over 100 "Game of the Year" awards from publications like USA Today, Yahoo! Games, Wired, Spike TV VGAs, E!, Official Xbox Magazine, The Telegraph, Metacritic, and more. Telltale is a fully licensed third party publisher on consoles from Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo, and also publishes games on the PC, Mac, and Apple iOS platforms. For more information visit www.telltalegames.com.

About Frito-Lay North America
    Frito-Lay North America is the $13 billion convenient foods business unit of PepsiCo (NYSE: PEP), which is headquartered in Purchase, NY. Learn more about Frito-Lay at the corporate website,http://www.fritolay.com, the Snack Chat blog, http://www.snacks.com, and on Twitter athttp://www.twitter.com/fritolay.

About PepsiCo
    PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $66 billion in net revenue in 2013, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.

The hate against the Cheetos game was justified in my opinion. Oh wait...

• I shit my pants with excitement when I found out about it.

• This is the same guys that brought us Walking Dead

Same writers? really?

• Or... In short, you only play M rated games?

Clemenem posted: »

I think some people still hold the same judgment about Minecraft now back to when it was originally announced. As I've not bought it and hav

• There is a cheetos telltale game?!!!.?

#NeverForget Telltale Games and Frito-Lay announce Groundbreaking Partnership for Episodic 'Cheetos' Series SAN RAFAEL, Calif., Ja

• I jumped into the air with joy when I saw the trailer though

• I went on Facebook and started seeing comments like "why dont u jus make a halo game 2!! lolz im so edgy" and "u jus want moneys!!!", yet these are the same people who LOVE The Walking Dead game, a franchise Telltale picked up which gave them their key to success in the first place.

People shat all over Tales, thinking it wouldn't work at all, and look how incredible it turned out. So you'd think that people would have more faith in Telltale now that they've proved themselves worthy of making a game that doesn't seem like it'd work, to making it work better than all of their other games.

On a completely different note, I also saw people confirming games that Telltale hasn't said anything on. One guy said there's going to be a TFTBL S2, TWAU S2, and a James Bond game from Telltale lmao. I'm just glad I come here on the forum for Telltale news instead of leeching off Facebookers who want a game so bad they basically confirm it themselves lol.

• But we won't get any closer to a TWAUS2 than this. I mean a Detective who punches the shit out of anyone. It's close enough.

• I don't complain about anything they choose to make, because it's up to them, but that still doesn't mean I will like the game or purchase it.

• I'm never touching this series, if it ever turns out to be good like Tales, then bravo.

If not, then whatever.

• Geez, you sound like you hate Batman.

I'm never touching this series, if it ever turns out to be good like Tales, then bravo. If not, then whatever.

• Whoa, I have never seen you dislike something so much before.

I'm never touching this series, if it ever turns out to be good like Tales, then bravo. If not, then whatever.

• Not entirely true. I've played a lot of T Rated and even E Rated games and have enjoyed them immensely. I wasn't really crazy about TFTB and MCSM just seems like an E rated version of it without the edge and double the cliche/corny stuff but more power to you if you enjoy it

Or... In short, you only play M rated games?

• Hold on, how can people hate this? It sounds AWESOME! They don't know what they're going to miss out on.

• One of my friends has already condemned it since he thinks it could never reach the Arkham series. sigh...

AChicken posted: »

Hold on, how can people hate this? It sounds AWESOME! They don't know what they're going to miss out on.

• BringBackSeanVannaman

rousseau posted: »

This is the same guys that brought us Walking Dead Same writers? really?

• What the... uh... hm. This is... um... okay.

I am completely weirded out by this. Utterly speechless. You're joking.

#NeverForget Telltale Games and Frito-Lay announce Groundbreaking Partnership for Episodic 'Cheetos' Series SAN RAFAEL, Calif., Ja

• You're joking.

I am! :P

What the... uh... hm. This is... um... okay. I am completely weirded out by this. Utterly speechless. You're joking.

• To your friend:

How is this going to affect the Arkham series, or any other batman comic? Huh? This is some stand-alone game featuring batman as a point and click adventure (possibly). If this isn't the Batman game you wanted, then too bad! Some other developer will create one you want! Lay off Telltale for trying "something new". I'm getting it. So there.

One of my friends has already condemned it since he thinks it could never reach the Arkham series. sigh...

• Yeah it was really annoying to listen to.

To your friend: How is this going to affect the Arkham series, or any other batman comic? Huh? This is some stand-alone game featuring ba

• People freaked out at the walking dead too, fearing it would be too vulgar and violent and that no story could come from a game about zombies haha.

zeke10 posted: »

Tales as well

• TheGameThatWasNeverGiven

• It's actually the Perfect Time to announce it. Many People Are burned out by the arkham Series, Because they Are all basically the Same. But now we have a Story focused Batman Game. So the actually interesting Part about Batman. But i Do sincerely wish, that they don't use the Joker again. Use scarecrow or the Pinguine or hell Even Deathstroke. No Wait! Manbat! That'll Be Awesome.

• When I saw it I was absolutely shocked and amazed. I had thought to myself months before a TellTale Batman game would be great as I read the Hush story arc. There shouldn't be any hate for this game until it actually comes out. If not then then at least wait until we get an actual trailer with actual game footage. I for one am pumped as hell. (Also have Scarecrow plz TellTale)

• YES! Scarecrow would be the perfect villain to have as the main bad guy. I think all the episodes would be stand-alone, then the final 2 would be linked but Scarecrow would absolutely make my day. The tricks Telltale could pull on us, yeah!

When I saw it I was absolutely shocked and amazed. I had thought to myself months before a TellTale Batman game would be great as I read the

Sign in to comment in this discussion.