What Marvel Telltale Game Would be Equal to a Batman one?

Ok first this is not me bashing Marvel, heck I probably consider myself more of a Marvel fan than a DC one, but I am excited to see Telltale do a take on Batman, hopefully with the same care and dedication as they did with Wolf Among Us. My one fear now is with Batman getting a Telltale game in 2016 that the planned 2017 Marvel game might struggle to equal to a larger audience if it's, say, Moon Knight, who I think a lot of people would cry Batman clone at (though in fact Spector is quite different). But I have felt that to equal a Batman game Telltale would need to use a solid property within Marvel like Spider-Man, the Avengers or the X-Men to be more appealing. Or if rumours are true either a game centred around the Netflix Defenders (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage etc) or set within one of the liked alternate realities like Marvel Noir.

What do you guys and gals think, what sorts of game for Marvel could Telltale do to be an a footing with Batman?

Comments

• I'd like to see them do a less well known hero rather than someone super well known. One that doesn't take itself too seriously which I think would be a great contrast to Batman :p

• I think the game will have something to do with the Inhumans and Agents of SHIELD

• If there wasn't already a Deadpool game I'd be on board with him as a choice, be funny having Wade quipping about all the choices and mentioning the 'Will remember that' meter.

Skiba7671 posted: »

Deadpool

• I did think an MCU based game series would make sense, I mean I was kinda thinking that a overarching story across several characters from Agent Carter to Hank's Ant Man to the Agents of SHIELD to the Guardians to Daredevil would be a fun selection.

I think the game will have something to do with the Inhumans and Agents of SHIELD

• Ohhhhhh, yes. Though I thought a take on the current Secret Wars with the numerous alternate realities of Marvel including the Wastelands of Old Man Logan would rock. Getting to play as the same character but across different dimensions and possibilities whilst they transverse Battleworld.

• Yeah that would be fun, but it would probably need multiple protagonists.

I did think an MCU based game series would make sense, I mean I was kinda thinking that a overarching story across several characters from Agent Carter to Hank's Ant Man to the Agents of SHIELD to the Guardians to Daredevil would be a fun selection.

• They cant do any of the X-men becuase of Fox.

• I'm hoping they do an Avengers game and we can play as multiple characters ala GoT.

• Imagine playing as Tony.

I'm hoping they do an Avengers game and we can play as multiple characters ala GoT.

• I doubt Marvel would want TT to adapt a property that would potentially increase Fox's ( I think Universal has Namor the Sub-mariner) profits. I mean didn't Marvel stop the FF comics so it wouldn't help promote the movie.

• In terms of similarity to how big the franchises are? I'd probably say something like Avengers or Spiderman.

In terms of similarity in tone and story? I'd say any of the Netflix series like Daredevil or Jessica Jones.

• Yes they can. Fox only has the film rights, when it comes to video games they can do whatever they want.

They cant do any of the X-men becuase of Fox.

• Role playing that ego would be fun as hell.

Imagine playing as Tony.

• edited December 2015

The Punisher for sure, his character is seriously underrated at this point. Besides, there hasn't been a good Punisher game since the one that came out in 2005, which could've been the only one in existence as far as I know.

• I figure that could work, either a different one per episode or switching characters and eras/locations during the story. Agent Carter for one section, Rocket for the next, Wasp for the third etc. Think like Game of Thrones, basically.

Yeah that would be fun, but it would probably need multiple protagonists.

• I would love it if we could have something a little like both the Michrone series and the Avengers movies where we have a set of two or three episode mini-series runs with duos of core Avengers - one for Iron Man and Hawkeye, one for Cap and Black Widow, one for Thor and Hulk and one with Scarlet Witch and Vision - before leading into a bigger set of episodes where all the storyline consequences matter. An Avengers Telltale game like that would be incredible, even if it would likely take about a year and a half to complete with about twelve episodes total.

I'm hoping they do an Avengers game and we can play as multiple characters ala GoT.

• Punisher is a good choice because his moral compass is more able to handle more aggressive choices by the player. He could well be a good choice.

The Punisher for sure, his character is seriously underrated at this point. Besides, there hasn't been a good Punisher game since the one that came out in 2005, which could've been the only one in existence as far as I know.

• Honestly I would be happy with any of those! I have the advantage of being equally fond of comics and movies alike, so whether we got a MCU tie-in or a comic based story I'd be down with it. Daredevil certainly have promise though, if you got to both solve court cases as Matt and fight crime and use his powers by night.

In terms of similarity to how big the franchises are? I'd probably say something like Avengers or Spiderman. In terms of similarity in tone and story? I'd say any of the Netflix series like Daredevil or Jessica Jones.

• Oh yeah, plus the possibility of choosing who lives and dies. That'd be pretty sweet.

Punisher is a good choice because his moral compass is more able to handle more aggressive choices by the player. He could well be a good choice.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2015

On that thought, if they're aiming to tie this into the MCU, it might be interesting to play as Lash.

He makes judgement on all people who are Inhuman based on whether he thinks they are worthy of their powers.

It would certainly be interesting to play as a character who is a villain (but views himself as a hero) for a change.

Oh yeah, plus the possibility of choosing who lives and dies. That'd be pretty sweet.

• So you are suggesting story thats plot would be dragged trough several eras and it would need multiple Marvel characters from past, present and future to tell the story? I love that idea.

I figure that could work, either a different one per episode or switching characters and eras/locations during the story. Agent Carter for one section, Rocket for the next, Wasp for the third etc. Think like Game of Thrones, basically.

• Agreed! I'm now imagining a take on the Punisher MAX series with no hold barred Castle and gritty hard ass classic MAX Nick Fury. And Barracuda of course.

Oh yeah, plus the possibility of choosing who lives and dies. That'd be pretty sweet.

• If I was gonna pick a character to play from AOS I think it would be any of the girls. Daisy, Simmons, May or Bobbi, love them all. But playing as a villain could be interesting. That sort of philosophy could work very well in a Eddie Brock/Venom game with him as the 'lethal protector'.

Jennifer posted: »

On that thought, if they're aiming to tie this into the MCU, it might be interesting to play as Lash. He makes judgement on all people wh

• Exactly, something big set across the span of the MCU. I was thinking the Serpent Crown myself, something powerful outside the Infinity Stones which affects an array of characters - Jarvis and Peggy in the 40's, Hank and Janet in the 80's, Coulson's team in the present, Matt in Hell's Kitchen, Rocket and Groot off world etc.

So you are suggesting story thats plot would be dragged trough several eras and it would need multiple Marvel characters from past, present and future to tell the story? I love that idea.

• There are tons of Batman games, why not a second Deadpool game?

If there wasn't already a Deadpool game I'd be on board with him as a choice, be funny having Wade quipping about all the choices and mentioning the 'Will remember that' meter.

• Holy shit, now that you mention it, I read and actually have some of the MAX Punisher comics! Telltale should totally go for that gritty style if they can. Haven't read any of the Nick Fury stuff but it does look badass from what I've seen in Google images!

Agreed! I'm now imagining a take on the Punisher MAX series with no hold barred Castle and gritty hard ass classic MAX Nick Fury. And Barracuda of course.

• Wolverine or a Guardians of The Galaxy game would be KICKASS!

• Damn, A Punisher game would KICK ASS!

• Or maybe they could create something of their own and just use those characters. That would be better in my opinion.

Exactly, something big set across the span of the MCU. I was thinking the Serpent Crown myself, something powerful outside the Infinity Ston

• Nick Fury MAX is a great series, sadly cut short, but it has a great take on imagining a Nick Fury involved in virtually every war since the 40's and aging whilst he does it.

Holy shit, now that you mention it, I read and actually have some of the MAX Punisher comics! Telltale should totally go for that gritty sty

• I would really love to see a Black Cat or Venom game allllot. But I hate Venom's voice, having to hear him throughout the game would bleed my ears. Maybe telltale could actually make venom's voice lovable?

• Guardians of the Galaxy or X-Men

• edited December 2015

I would be pretty hyped to see some of the mutants from X-Men, like X-23.

• edited December 2015

I'm kinda hoping for just someone with superpowers. That might be fun to play. (Spider-man, Wolverine, maybe even DEADPOOL!)

• How bout if it took place in Asgard? We could explore that world and the other worlds in the Thor universe that seem to have a lot of potential for some unique enemies .

• Yes. A thousand times yes.

(Also I found someone else who watches AoS. HELL YEAH)

I think the game will have something to do with the Inhumans and Agents of SHIELD

• I think playing as Simmons could be like Mira's story in GOT - you're not the fighter, you have to do a lot of the sneaky/diplomacy stuff (like when she was undercover in HYDRA)

If I was gonna pick a character to play from AOS I think it would be any of the girls. Daisy, Simmons, May or Bobbi, love them all. But play

• Spider-Man. It would be awesome getting to choose between four different sarcastic one-liners in the middle of fighting Doc Oc or Green Goblin.

• Moon Knight or Spider-Man I'm guessing. Spider-Man's story starts with vengeance, he has some kickass one liners, and he's an all around hilarious guy. Moon Knight has some batman qualities, he's awesome, and VERY underappreciated.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.