Do you want to play as batman?

I would rather play as a new character all together, if I was playing as batman, I'd have to be dark and moody all the time.

Comments

• edited December 2015

Not playing as Batman in a story driven Batman game?

(http://i.imgur.com/aH2RNbt.gif)

TT woundt troll me like that would they? Srs though i rather play as the Bats, besides Gotham in itself is dark and moody place.

• In all honesty I'd rather there not be two superhero Telltale games in quick succession so no not really :P

• What the announcement say, it seems to hint that we get to play as both Bruce Wayne and Batman.

Bruce Wayne is charming, cool, businessman and everything that Batman is not. So here he is not dark and moody. Batman is suppose to be dark and moody because that's the image he has build for himself in order to fight the criminals in Gotham. What I am interesting in, it is that Telltale is giving us an opportunity to play both Batman and Bruce Wayne. Like this statement says:

“This iteration of Batman will give fans a first-hand opportunity to dive deeper into the complex life and mind of Bruce Wayne, the duality of his own identity, and the struggle of responsibility in saving a city overcome with corruption and villainy

I just find that piece of statement interesting. How is it to live two lives? One who is a vigilant at night and a rich man during day. Does Bruce Wayne have a struggle with his identity? Who is who really? Is the man beneath the mask, Bruce Wayne? Or is it Batman beneath the mask of Bruce Wayne?

• I was hoping I could play as Bigby Wolf haha. Not really a fan of Batman...but this is TellTale, so i'm sure i'll love it anyway.

• I wouldn't mind playing as Batman.
    But I'd also like to play as the Joker as well.

• Batman? No. Bruce Wayne? Yes. :^)

• The identity conflict is what makes me interested. :)

Batman? No. Bruce Wayne? Yes. :^)

• Of course I would want to play as Batman. I don't want to be the guy who watches Batman do cool shit. I want to be the guy DOING the cool shit!

• Why not? BECAUSE HE IS BATMAN

• edited December 2015

I really do not like batman, so no i do not want to play as batman. But if the game is good then maybe, it depends on how they treat the villans. If it is some batman fanboy bullshit i won´t buy the game.

• No.

If I wanted to play as Batman, there are other games for it.

• Seeing what telltale can do heck yeah! Onky with a good combat system though

• They better have Kevin Conroy Voicing Bruce/Batman

• I'm hoping we get to play as classic Robin, and have to construct "Holy (insert funny phrase that has some resemblance to something that just happened), Batman!" exclamations.

But yeah, I have the feeling we'll be playing as Batman.

• Playing as batman is gonna be constricting to choices. We can't kill :/

• edited December 2015

enter image description here

Edit: I read the thread as Who do you want to play Batman. I've said my piece.

• "Holy (insert funny phrase that has some resemblance to something that just happened)

If you like this, you'd love Sam and Max.

WarpSpeed posted: »

I'm hoping we get to play as classic Robin, and have to construct "Holy (insert funny phrase that has some resemblance to something that just happened), Batman!" exclamations. But yeah, I have the feeling we'll be playing as Batman.

• There should be a Joker DLC/Mini series after the season ends

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS, IF IT SO HAPPENS, I'M RIGHT, YOU HEARD IT FROM ME.

• I would LOVE to do that. But, I'd still want to play as batman.

I'm hoping we get to play as classic Robin, and have to construct "Holy (insert funny phrase that has some resemblance to something that just happened), Batman!" exclamations. But yeah, I have the feeling we'll be playing as Batman.

• I'm for that. Sounds cool. And pretty crazy if you ask me. he he he.

There should be a Joker DLC/Mini series after the season ends YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS, IF IT SO HAPPENS, I'M RIGHT, YOU HEARD IT FROM ME.

• He's a great VA, but not fitting for Batman in my opinion.

• No, I'd prefer to play as Commissioner Gordon or someone who has a lot of leeway to make diverse choices.

As Batman, it's going to be either save this one criminal, or act like a scumbag and leave him to die? Tough choice.

• Actually, I think playing as Commissioner Gordon would be cooler. Just work with the Bat basically.

• Was it even comfirmed we are playing as Batman?

• I think being Batman would be better. No one else is in on as much action. I especially don't want to play as Gordon as this should be Batman the Game not Gotham the Game.

• The only other person i'd want is red hood

• If we go that far, I'd also like to see the commissioner phone ring, and Batman and Robin each saying, "I'LL GET IT!" followed by Batarangs and so on trying to get to the phone first!

"Holy (insert funny phrase that has some resemblance to something that just happened) If you like this, you'd love Sam and Max.

• edited December 2015

It was a joke haha. I just couldn't think of anyone out of our current voice actor pool that would fit the part. And I'm really bad at naming voice actors outside of telltale.

No wait... Patrick Warburton. Yes.

He's a great VA, but not fitting for Batman in my opinion.

• Lol oh my god... What if this whole batman game is just a coverup for Sam and Max Season 4... Sam is Batman. Max is Robin. They need to make something soon or they'll lose the rights haha.

If we go that far, I'd also like to see the commissioner phone ring, and Batman and Robin each saying, "I'LL GET IT!" followed by Batarangs and so on trying to get to the phone first!

• Well maybe we get choices like:

1: Break the thug's leg.

Or

2: Show mercy.

Playing as batman is gonna be constricting to choices. We can't kill

• Yes, but i also want some Bruce Wayne moments.

• No,I actually wanted to play as the GCPD officer or some supervillain henchman so we get to see Batman from another perspective.

• Troy Baker might fit. He played Rhys in Tales from the Borderlands and Joel from The Last Of Us just to give you an example of the variety of voices he can pull off. Then again, he's in everything nowadays.

It was a joke haha. I just couldn't think of anyone out of our current voice actor pool that would fit the part. And I'm really bad at naming voice actors outside of telltale. No wait... Patrick Warburton. Yes.

• Yeah, he might. He's probably the closest I can think of, but still... It's just not the right voice...

Troy Baker might fit. He played Rhys in Tales from the Borderlands and Joel from The Last Of Us just to give you an example of the variety of voices he can pull off. Then again, he's in everything nowadays.

• edited December 2015

I would like to play as Joker

• I really hope we're not playing as Batman actually. The Arkham series has done a fantastic job of scratching that itch so I hope we'd be someone more on the lines of Robin but before he became Robin. It'd be so easy to have a pre-Robin character who's a cop so it gives him the perfect reason for talking with Gordon and even going to Wayne Manor to check up on Bruce Wayne and see his suaveness in action, and of course we get to see Batman be Batman when the time comes.

Obviously Bat is cool as hell, but we've played enough as Bat himself over the years, let's play as someone who really won't be so constricted by their morals that it hamstrings the choices.

• Damn right!

They better have Kevin Conroy Voicing Bruce/Batman

• Dave is my second choice after Kevin Conroy.

• Why would we not want to play as Batman?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.