Season 2 possibilities... By JStauffer! #NotaNO!

Comments

• slams fist on table.
    GEARBOX!
    Move your ass!

• It's something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Gearbox will make their own Tales From the Borderlands Season 2 and cut ties to TT. I can see it now.

enter image description here

• All in favor of storming Gearbox headquarters and demanding a Season 2 please raise your virtual hands.

• edited December 2015

If they make s2 alone, like another genre, They wont even get close to what they can do WITH ttg

MichaelBP posted: »

Gearbox will make their own Tales From the Borderlands Season 2 and cut ties to TT. I can see it now.

• @Pipas , Call the banners of rhysha. We march at dawn.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

All in favor of storming Gearbox headquarters and demanding a Season 2 please raise your virtual hands.

• After Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem Forever, I have my doubts about them truly caring about quality, or if they just want some money. Hell, they've been falsely advertising their games since Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway.

AdamRoberts posted: »

If they make s2 alone, like another genre, They wont even get close to what they can do WITH ttg

• But Gearbox just got a new headquarters and it looks so nice :}

All in favor of storming Gearbox headquarters and demanding a Season 2 please raise your virtual hands.

• I have a feeling Gearbox won't let there be a season 2 and will just do BL3.

I really hope I'm wrong there.

• Well if GearBox do a season 2 then so be it ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I just hope my choices matter at the end of the day.

• To be fair with Duke Nukem Forever. Another company had already been deep in development with it before being passed of to Gearbox. They pretty much just finished what was there.

After Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem Forever, I have my doubts about them truly caring about quality, or if they just want some money. Hell, they've been falsely advertising their games since Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway.

• edited December 2015

Still pretty shitty of them not to do anything about DNF. Heck, I question what kind of polishing they did, since even the PC version's graphics were worse than pre-release trailers.

lupinb0y posted: »

To be fair with Duke Nukem Forever. Another company had already been deep in development with it before being passed of to Gearbox. They pretty much just finished what was there.

• remember this part of the game just ran fast as possible and didnt die

Gearbox will make their own Tales From the Borderlands Season 2 and cut ties to TT. I can see it now.

• i am raising 2 pixely virtual hands

• If they were willing, they could actually make the choices carry over to the next Borderlands game. It'd be difficult as hell, but if they could find a way for BL3 to read TFTB save files, you could have them play into the game. For example, getting a glimpse of Scooter's satellite which the message you chose, Shade popping up in some capacity, and other things like that.

lottii-lu posted: »

Well if GearBox do a season 2 then so be it ¯_(ツ)_/¯ I just hope my choices matter at the end of the day.

• That would actually be awesome.

Deltino posted: »

If they were willing, they could actually make the choices carry over to the next Borderlands game. It'd be difficult as hell, but if they c

• If they wanted to create more content, I'd really like for them to do it the way they do more content for Borderlands.

Multiple DLC's.

• Gearbox ain't gonna let them lol

• But why

Gearbox ain't gonna let them lol

• everyone is like Gearbox....

• LOL thats hilarious. and what would we be??

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Please..

• Oh that makes sense.

Well if it's going be to hard for them then they could always not just force the most popluar options which was picked on the player and done.

Although if they could find away for BL3 to read TFTB's save files then that would be awesome!

If they were willing, they could actually make the choices carry over to the next Borderlands game. It'd be difficult as hell, but if they c

• I dunno ...
    More fans playing Tales = more fans paying Borderlands to get the most of it ...

$$$

• Spam Gearbox with emails?

• Last time TTG said something like that was "Ask Activision".'Cause they just cancelled "King's Quest"...

"Ask Gearbox" is not a good news, sorry.

• I don't really think a second season is going to happen. Wasn't Tales always meant to be set-up for BL3?

I think that's why he's saying "the ball is in gearbox's court". Borderlands 3 is the next game, and it's ultimately going to be up to Gearbox to figure out how to tie the Tales characters and story into the main franchise games. (although I hope telltale will help out a bit with this!)

• Or more people playing Tales = Gearbox gets jealous that more people seem to enjoy Tales more than the OG games

I dunno ... More fans playing Tales = more fans paying Borderlands to get the most of it ...

• enter image description here

jamex1223 posted: »

LOL thats hilarious. and what would we be??

• Do not forget that the equation has another unknown quantity: 2K (Those letters are present both in Borderlands and Tales, and are not just for show)

Besides, Gearbox is full on Battleborn and by the time they get out of that, it will probably be BL3 time, and Tales while useful, it is clearly a diversion they probably don't want to continue for too long

Even if Tales 2 is in the cards, 2017 (or later) may be a bit too far in the future to keep interest.

I would love to see more Tales, but I think it will join the ranks of TMI and Wolf

• edited December 2015

• I like to think that Gearbox isn't that scummy, but I guess it's still a possibility at the end of the day

Or more people playing Tales = Gearbox gets jealous that more people seem to enjoy Tales more than the OG games

• Nah, they can be pretty scummy. Just look at Aliens Colonial Marines.

I like to think that Gearbox isn't that scummy, but I guess it's still a possibility at the end of the day

• It could be nothing, but Telltale's Twitter has been spamming random things from Tales in the last few days ... Fanart, parts of the Soundtrack ...
    Either that's good news, a scheme to see how many people are interested in the series, or perhaps its even them showing their eagerness to work on something more ...

And something I saw on Reddit:

They left a lot of unresolved conflict, so plotwise there is plenty of room for a sequel.

Also, Telltale will get pressure from 2K to make another so they can get some more Borderlands loot. Gearbox is too far away from making any Borderlands content and 2K (Take Two) has shareholder pressure to keep the franchise paying.

• edited December 2015

i know

that's the thing

jamex1223 posted: »

i cant see it man..

• I think they can do something not canon at all like twd and so gearbox wont have any trouble whit BL3

Sign in to comment in this discussion.