Uhhh....anyone think this might be a cheap marketting ploy

Anyone feel this might be a cheap marketing ploy by telltale to basically hang on the coat tail advertisement of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. I wouldn't be suprise if the next batch of games are Supergirl, Flash and Green Arrow.

Comments

• edited December 2015

I think DC went to telltale and asked them to make a batman game knowing the quality they offer in gaming to get people more hyped for their upcoming movie.

• NO

Simple and short.

• People said the same thing about Minecraft Story Mode, and it certainly turned out to be more than a marketing campaign.

• Hm, I heard this one somewhere before. Ah, I know! Right after TWAU, TFTB, GOT and MCSM were announced!

• You see, since it's Batman (and who doesn't love Batman) no one's going to call it cash grab, waste of TTG's time, a placeholder for TWD etc. I don't think they're making a game to promote a movie since their games ARE basically interactive movies (i now realize how TTG produces what Hollywood would take 1-2 years to make in about 2-4 months... lol)

• edited December 2015

Why do people have to be so negative? Everything is a cheap marketing ploy or a cashgrab. Maybe the timing was just right.

• Naw, I don't see it as some quick-handed marketing scheme. Sure, you can look at the timing and all and naturally think that, but since it's not Bats vs Sups thing, I'm just seeing this as Telltale getting another beloved license they've wanted to do. Besides, we don't know when this series will be launching, it could come out months after the movie is released so it wouldn't be aiding the movie much in that instance.

Let's just hope that it's a good series, that's really the only thing that matters in the end right?

• edited December 2015

Hmm... this seems familer, where have i heard this before? Cough Minecraft Story Mode Cough

• anyone think I'm a fucking unicorn

stop being so freaking negative goddamnit

• edited December 2015

Then all of their games were cheap marketing ploys from that perspective. Every game recently released has something else currently going on or not long ago concluding, either from the original source material or another adaptation. Like Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones have recent or ongoing comics, novels and current running television programs. Each of their games are based off some else's work just adding an extra nearly unnecessary layer on the story cake and it gives them a decent profit.

I look at it as at least maybe they will have more profit and revenue from all the waste of time and unnecessary B.S. games to use towards improving the graphics/animations on the games that do matter most and really put them on the road to success, like Walking Dead or at least afford to hire more gifted writers for Walking Dead like Sean Vannaman or even better.

But I don't know what to really feel about this one, I know it's likely going to be about on par with Wolf Among Us yet still much better than, minecraft and borderlands combined but then again I also feel batman did not really need to be done from this type of game company. Since the arkham series is sufficient enough now. Or if they were to do this then perhaps later on would be alright. Like maybe after their Walking Dead season 3 and a few years after the latest arkham batman game release.

• edited December 2015

First we should say that most important thing on which depends existence of every company in the world is PROFIT. So yes Telltale wants PROFIT from their games to be as big as possible.

Second I though that after all those years and succesful projects and great games people would have much bigger trust in Telltale. If they want to do the Batman game then let them do the goddamn Batman game and stop b*****g before it even comes out.

• Uhhh....anyone think this might be a cheap marketting ploy

yeah, just like the walking dead

and borderlands

and minecraft

and game of thrones

• also happened with the walking dead.

Crips posted: »

Hm, I heard this one somewhere before. Ah, I know! Right after TWAU, TFTB, GOT and MCSM were announced!

• Nah. I think it's just them paying respects to Batman.

• I don't get the hate for it. I mean, sure it has a few cringeworthy lines here and there, but I loved the Supergirl comics, and I love the show just as much. I really don't know what's so bad about it, I'd appreciate if you'd explain.

• You mean... you're not a unicorn? ;(

anyone think I'm a fucking unicorn stop being so freaking negative goddamnit

• Not really but I know Minecraft was

• As long as its a fun, quality marketing ploy, bring it on.

• I wouldn't say TFTB was an unnecessary layer, it killed a major character, revived a major character (also killed him again), destroyed helios and opened another vault.

Ladariel posted: »

Then all of their games were cheap marketing ploys from that perspective. Every game recently released has something else currently going o

• This was a very bad fight scene
    enter link description here

I don't get the hate for it. I mean, sure it has a few cringeworthy lines here and there, but I loved the Supergirl comics, and I love the show just as much. I really don't know what's so bad about it, I'd appreciate if you'd explain.

• Ofcourse it is but minecraft takes the cake.

• edited December 2015

If you YouTube "If Telltale games were 100% honest with us" You'll see where I was getting at by that layers statement. And I tried the borderlands and still felt it was an o.k. game series, when I first played I knew very little about those games and the universe it is set in. So even with what happened to those characters, it wouldn't impact me much or I couldn't follow you in the gravity of those events that took place.

I wouldn't say TFTB was an unnecessary layer, it killed a major character, revived a major character (also killed him again), destroyed helios and opened another vault.

• Well I mean, it's a newer show. Of course it's gonna have problems at first. When The Walking Dead first started there were a ton of problems. I actually thought the fight scene was neat.

This was a very bad fight scene enter link description here

• I guess it really all lies to opinion.

• I think Telltale are the ones in the position to turn down jobs. If whoever has the rights to Batman wanted Tales to make it I doubt they'd turn it down. But couldn't the marketing ploy be said about Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Minecraft and Marvel as well? I think it just shows many people want TT to take on their IP.

• Is this kinda like a trend? People hates telltale whenever a game is announced? Sorry I dont know much, but it seems like it.

• Well he is a 75/80 year old man so...

Nah. I think it's just them paying respects to Batman.

• Ahahahahahaha... That was a good one, I liked that joke.

Well he is a 75/80 year old man so...

• Yeah, because a company wanting to have their own take on a game is always because of "marketing."

• It didn't affect you, but it did affect what BL3 will be like.

If you YouTube "If Telltale games were 100% honest with us" You'll see where I was getting at by that layers statement. And I tried the bord

• It happens more than you think. People accuse Telltale of only wanting to go after huge franchises, but miss the irony in later turning around to say that Telltale should focus on Walking Dead instead, acting like Walking Dead is all of a sudden exempt from being a huge franchise. ;)

Is this kinda like a trend? People hates telltale whenever a game is announced? Sorry I dont know much, but it seems like it.

• I know, right?

It happens more than you think. People accuse Telltale of only wanting to go after huge franchises, but miss the irony in later turning arou

• I'm afraid that some people will ask this question when the Marvel Series and Super Show Series begins, not everything is a marketing ploy, and if it were the case of promoting the upcoming Batman VS Superman: Dawn of Justice movie then why would you be saying the marketing ploy is TellTale's fault? Wouldn't it make more sense if it was DC who came to TTG to ask them to hype up the upcoming movie with a Batman game(which releases next year)? Cause unless DC and TellTale made an agreement, TTG wouldn't benefit from promoting an upcoming movie.

• edited December 2015

So your saying you know that for certain it will affect Borderlands 3 before release date? Because part of me wonders why would the creators of the original source game would allow TTG to make such fairly drastic changes to their own plotline.

My basic bottom line point being is only this..Most if not all of their games are in a way kind of glorified video game spin-offs that do not adulterate the source material. As the source material would still be just the same and probably only o.k. without them.

Extra sweet icing on the cake or extra layers on the cake that isn't really required to make the cake a lot better but still interesting, is a good analogy of the Telltale games franchise or telling a extra tale through a game and you have Telltale games and that doesn't really have to be a bad or good thing, simply more or less how each individual chooses to see it.

It didn't affect you, but it did affect what BL3 will be like.

• As long as it's good, then I don't care. Either way, a lot of games were called that, despite being good. The Walking Dead, Tales From The Borderlands, Minecraft, and Game of Thrones.

I mean- Why waste time and effort on a video game if it just for a cheap marketing ploy? It's different than Youtube.

• Telltale had to get the permission of Gearbox themselves for those things, and it was already confirmed that TFTB will affect BL3.

So your saying you know that for certain it will affect Borderlands 3 before release date? Because part of me wonders why would the creators

• ill probably try it after ive played mcsm

This discussion has been closed.