Why didn't Elissa just...

Why didn't Elissa just hold the poison wine on her mouth instead of swallowing it? Would it have worked? How does a poisoned wine work?

Comments

• Maybe, though given how fast acting it was probably not. Also she had to make it look convincing

• I guess her cheeks would have baited it out and the closing of her mouth holding it in. But yh maybe it couldda worked.

• Part of me feels that Elissa was already a death seeker. By episode 6, she has lost her husband, her third-born son and now potentially Rodrik or Asher. You wouldn't feel right after all of that.

• Because she's dumb.

• You don't say

Brodester08 posted: »

Because she's dumb.

• Probably because the plot demands her to die.

• ^ this

Part of me feels that Elissa was already a death seeker. By episode 6, she has lost her husband, her third-born son and now potentially Rodrik or Asher. You wouldn't feel right after all of that.

• imagePalm Springs commercial photography" alt="enter image description here" />

• I find it hard to believe that Ludd would fall for something like that.

• He didn't. That's why he wanted Asher to drink first.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I find it hard to believe that Ludd would fall for something like that.

• I meant that I'd find it hard to believe that he'd fall for Elissa holding it in her mouth.

Brodester08 posted: »

He didn't. That's why he wanted Asher to drink first.

• Wouldn't really be that hard to fake. I've done it before during drinking games with my buddies, lol.

Elissa could have faked holding it her mouth if she really wanted to, but probably didn't want to take the chance, or she wanted to die.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I meant that I'd find it hard to believe that he'd fall for Elissa holding it in her mouth.

• For real. She can count, she knew they were outnumbered and were probably about to get slaughtered. She already saw her entire house ground to dust once, she wasn't interested in watching that conclusion again.

Hell, she's probably being wracked with grief that she tried to be compliant with Ramsay, getting Ethan killed in the first place. If she'd dove in front of Talia, she'd probably have been the one to die and Ethan may have made it. The other deaths she couldn't control, but I bet that one's always eaten at her.

Part of me feels that Elissa was already a death seeker. By episode 6, she has lost her husband, her third-born son and now potentially Rodrik or Asher. You wouldn't feel right after all of that.

• If the poison really was that deadly, wouldn't just having it in her mouth be enough to kill?

• I believe so. I think it would still kill her because of how fast acting it was.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

If the poison really was that deadly, wouldn't just having it in her mouth be enough to kill?

• edited December 2015

Lesser chance of dying.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

If the poison really was that deadly, wouldn't just having it in her mouth be enough to kill?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.